What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Bishop Sankey - Best RB in the 2014 Draft (1 Viewer)

They only ran what 11 times total? I think Sankey will overtake Greene at some point in the season as #1. Not every rookie can learn everything they need to know start right away. He's a hold for me but I could see why someone with short benches might be tempted to drop him.

Starting him in FFPC today (no Doug Martin) - praying he gets more chances than last week!!!!

If given significant carries - I have NO DOUBT he will produce!
That had to hurt....How long until you step up and say you were wrong on the Sankey call?

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him in FFPC today (no Doug Martin) - praying he gets more chances than last week!!!!

If given significant carries - I have NO DOUBT he will produce!
That had to hurt....How long until you step up and say you were wrong on the Sankey call?
Started him and won (luckily for me). I had no better option...

He ain't getting the chances yet. It will happen... Yesterday's loss might help encourage this change???

Brewtown, you definitely deserve the trolling. But, are you guys really betting on Greene/McCluster here? Seems like a matter of time to me. I'd make a play if he starts getting dropped in redraft.

Brewtown, you definitely deserve the trolling. But, are you guys really betting on Greene/McCluster here? Seems like a matter of time to me. I'd make a play if he starts getting dropped in redraft.
Everyone keeps bashing Greene, but he's looked decent with his carries and has been effective. Sankey hasn't.

I think it's time for me to drop him with only 5 spots on my bench available. Thank God he only cost me a 7th round pick.

Everyone keeps bashing Greene, but he's looked decent with his carries and has been effective. Sankey hasn't.
You don't based a decision on such a small sample size. Greene is who he is. There is enough data to know that. He's not a threat to break anything long, nor is he worth anything in the passing game. McCluster is a fumble/injury waiting to happen. Sankey will takeover eventually. He might not give up the job for years when he does.

The dude sucks based on the preseason and the first two games. What he did in college doesn't matter.

*crickets*

He can beast out against pass-heavy defenses when his team is losing by 20 points in the second half.

Prepare his Canton bust.

Wait, he moved to 2nd on the depth chart and recv'd 2 carries? umm.....what?
He's Greene's backup. McCluster will be a part of the offense regardless.

With Greene playing well it's going to be difficult for Sankey to pass him.
through three games, McCluster has been on the field for a series here n there. When they seem to want to score in a hurry he is in the game. In week one it was a no huddle, but since then there's been urgency so he's back there. Rest of the game, he doesn't play RB much. This would be nice rest time if Sankey or Greene established themself as the main back

Rotoworld:

Bishop Sankey rushed for 61 yards on ten carries in the Titans' Week 3 loss to the Bengals.

Sankey tied Shonn Greene for the team lead in carries, and added one catch for nine yards. Greene got the start, and the Titans were getting blown out, so Sankey got plenty of work in the second half. Greene is still the leader of this backfield, but Sankey is closing in on him. Sankey needs to remain on rosters in 12- and 14-team leagues. His role has been growing each week.

Sep 21 - 4:42 PM

Rotoworld:

Bishop Sankey - RB - Titans

Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said Bishop Sankey's reps won't increase until he improves his footwork.

Sankey dusted off 61 yards on ten carries and was the Titans' most dangerous player in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, but Whisenhunt is still obsessed with his footwork. "If he can get the attention to detail better, his reps will increase," stated Whisenhunt. As @StopTheVetoing suggested on Twitter, "Maybe they should have drafted Fred Astaire." The 54th overall pick in May's draft, Sankey has 89 yards on 18 carries (4.94 YPC) through three games. He's rotating with Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster.

Source: Joe Fann on Twitter

Sep 22 - 5:46 PM

Rotoworld:

Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said Bishop Sankey's reps won't increase until he improves his footwork.

Sankey dusted off 61 yards on ten carries and was the Titans' most dangerous player in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, but Whisenhunt is still obsessed with his footwork. "If he can get the attention to detail better, his reps will increase," stated Whisenhunt. As @StopTheVetoing suggested on Twitter, "Maybe they should have drafted Fred Astaire." The 54th overall pick in May's draft, Sankey has 89 yards on 18 carries (4.94 YPC) through three games. He's rotating with Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster.

It won't last forever. Tennessee isn't good enough to let mediocre to poor talent stand in the way of a rookie with upside.

Rotoworld:

Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said Bishop Sankey's reps won't increase until he improves his footwork.Sankey dusted off 61 yards on ten carries and was the Titans' most dangerous player in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, but Whisenhunt is still obsessed with his footwork. "If he can get the attention to detail better, his reps will increase," stated Whisenhunt. As @StopTheVetoing suggested on Twitter, "Maybe they should have drafted Fred Astaire." The 54th overall pick in May's draft, Sankey has 89 yards on 18 carries (4.94 YPC) through three games. He's rotating with Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster.

It won't last forever. Tennessee isn't good enough to let mediocre to poor talent stand in the way of a rookie with upside.
Agreed. This is thirst game I really got to watch Sankey and he looked like the clear best RB in Tenn. Footwork or not, it seems he should be playing more. I'm not sure why Wiz is so obsessed with it considering the other options are pretty poor.

Seriously Whisenhunt? He just averaged 6 ypc for you on 10 carries. The footwork can't be that bad can it? Does he want him to average 10 plus ypc.

I mean it may not be perfect, but neither is Rivers throwing motion. Let's see what this rookie can do coach.

jurb26 said:
Insein said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said Bishop Sankey's reps won't increase until he improves his footwork.Sankey dusted off 61 yards on ten carries and was the Titans' most dangerous player in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, but Whisenhunt is still obsessed with his footwork. "If he can get the attention to detail better, his reps will increase," stated Whisenhunt. As @StopTheVetoing suggested on Twitter, "Maybe they should have drafted Fred Astaire." The 54th overall pick in May's draft, Sankey has 89 yards on 18 carries (4.94 YPC) through three games. He's rotating with Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster.

Agreed. This is thirst game I really got to watch Sankey and he looked like the clear best RB in Tenn. Footwork or not, it seems he should be playing more. I'm not sure why Wiz is so obsessed with it considering the other options are pretty poor.
who gives a #### about footwork? really? whiz isnt going to last long in tennessee

In a game that provided little to be encouraged about, one good development for the Tennessee Titans in Sunday’s loss at Cincinnati was the second-half play of running back Bishop Sankey.

We saw six carries for 20 yards in Kansas City, and against Dallas he carried just twice for 3 yards.

But against the Bengals, he received 10 carries for 61 yards, an effort that should get him more looks in games to come.

He was especially impressive on the Titans' first drive of the third quarter, when he gained 18, 4, 9, 9, 2 and 22 yards on consecutive plays. The last of those was erased because of a hold by left guard Andy Levitre. The Titans looked to pass on the next three plays, starting with first-and-20, and got a 6-yard gain from Justin Hunter, an incompletion for Delanie Walker and a 5-yard sack of quarterback Jake Locker.

Sankey said a quicker pace for the offense helped.

"We picked the tempo up coming out at halftime, picked the tempo up with no huddle," he said. "We were just getting some good blocks with good creases and we [were] just rolling with it. We had some momentum and it seemed like we had a drive there for a second there. Unfortunately we stalled out in the end. So that’s pretty much how the success went coming out in the second half."

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/514378025912516608

Bishop Sankey was #Titans best player on offense in Week 3, added a major spark vs CIN. Only matter of time before he becomes the guy there.

4:37am - 23 Sep 14
Funny how Silva is now praising Sankey after being so low on him pre-draft.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/438725693115858945

Watched more Bishop Sankey after he blew up Combine. He's a rich man's Vick Ballard if you just base the eval off games. Very ordinary RB.

9:22am - 26 Feb 14
https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/438747050574745600

RE: Bishop Sankey-Vick Ballard comp. Some ppl really liked Ballard after rookie yr. Some ppl like that kind of RB. I don't. It's okay.

10:47am - 26 Feb 14
https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/430816636031873027

Didnt get love for Stepfan Taylor last year & dont get it for Bishop Sankey this year. Smallish grinder. Fringe draftable guy imo. 7th-FA.

RT @jonv1919 Thoughts on #Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey? ... From what I've seen pretty clearly the No. 1 RB for this draft.

1:34pm - 4 Feb 14
So much nonsense. I called Silva out on it back then. And he proceeds to block me. How are you gonna block someone who is right?

" Titans | Bishop Sankey set for more snaps? Tue Sep 23, 09:16 PM

Tennessee Titans RB Bishop Sankey was on the field for a season-high 27 snaps in Week 3, and head coach Ken Whisenhunt said Sankey's play will dictate his future snap totals. 'He's got good vision, and he looks to have good movement skills,' Whisenhunt said. 'What I didn't like is attention to detail with him. If he can get the attention to detail better, his reps will increase.'

Footballguys view: The team is set to turn over more time to Sankey. He's a good (not great) talent, and the rookie can contribute as a runner or receiver out of the backfield. If he starts getting that larger role, Sankey could play like a low-end RB2 or flex play for fantasy owners."

Sankey is on the rise. Buy low while you still can.

Whisenhunt seems to dig a little when people are flying high. It's like it's his way to keep them improving.

What I understood, he thought Sankey was giving away what the play was but really it was done. They had a great idea to combat Cincy's blitzing with a delayed handoff out of the shotgun to the RB. Cincy kept pinning their ears back to get Jake and were totally out of position so Sankey averaged like 9 yards per carry for 5-6 in a row. Cincy stopped blitzing and that was it. I don't think it had to do with Sankey giving anything away, it just lost it's luster.

FYI....was dropped in my ten team league by an owner hurting due to byes. If I didn't already have a stable of average RBs (D Will, K Robinson, Taliaferro, P Thomas, S Jackson) I would probably pick him up.

Voice Of Reason said:
rascal said:
FYI....was dropped in my ten team league by an owner hurting due to byes. If I didn't already have a stable of average RBs (D Will, K Robinson, Taliaferro, P Thomas, S Jackson) I would probably pick him up.
keep us updated.
ponchsox said:
rascal said:
Thanks for the heads up.
These responses never get old!! HAHA!

Voice Of Reason said:
rascal said:
keep us updated.
ponchsox said:
rascal said:
Thanks for the heads up.
These responses never get old!! HAHA!
Oh wait the other thing... They're always tired and dooshy.

A rookie QB throws 20 TDs to 10 INTs and sits on the bench while a fellow rookie of that year continues playing with a 16 to 25 TD-INT ratio.

Amazing.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/514378025912516608

Bishop Sankey was #Titans best player on offense in Week 3, added a major spark vs CIN. Only matter of time before he becomes the guy there.

4:37am - 23 Sep 14
Funny how Silva is now praising Sankey after being so low on him pre-draft.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/438725693115858945

Watched more Bishop Sankey after he blew up Combine. He's a rich man's Vick Ballard if you just base the eval off games. Very ordinary RB.

9:22am - 26 Feb 14
https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/438747050574745600

RE: Bishop Sankey-Vick Ballard comp. Some ppl really liked Ballard after rookie yr. Some ppl like that kind of RB. I don't. It's okay.

10:47am - 26 Feb 14
https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/430816636031873027

Didnt get love for Stepfan Taylor last year & dont get it for Bishop Sankey this year. Smallish grinder. Fringe draftable guy imo. 7th-FA.

RT @jonv1919 Thoughts on #Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey? ... From what I've seen pretty clearly the No. 1 RB for this draft.

1:34pm - 4 Feb 14
So much nonsense. I called Silva out on it back then. And he proceeds to block me. How are you gonna block someone who is right?
Silva is the only guy that has ever blocked me on twitter. If you even question him, he blocks you. His problem is he takes an opinion, then tweets about it 100 times. How many tweets did he have dogging Gio before the season? At least 50.

He seems like an ok guy on the podcast, but on twitter he's weird. Tweets way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread