What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dallas Cowboys 2012 Thread (1 Viewer)

Just finished watching the Seattle/Arizona game and I have to say Wilson keeps impressing me. Not only did he lead his team down the field with the game on the line, but almost all of his passes in the final drive were spot on, his WRs just weren't making plays for him. I think Tate coming back should make the team more dangerous in the short passing game specifically, but I don't know how consistent he will be considering it's his first game. I'm expecting Carr to be on Rice while Claiborne is on Tate, but I'm not sure that's the best idea. Rice is the jump baller and that fits right into Claiborne's strength. Tate is the shifty tackle breaker so I think I'd prefer Carr on him. Who knows how that will play out though I could be wrong.

Like the G-Men, Seattle has a great dline that threatens our biggest team weakness, but this is definitely not the pass rushing animal that we saw in New York. With the exception of Clemons (and their rookie who I didn't even notice in their last game), these guys are huge compared to the Giants dline and are pretty much all about stopping the run. Clemons is the one guy we have to watch out for.

I remember riding him to a playoff spot in an IDP league a couple years ago and was just amazed how this guy was always around the QB. I did some number crunching and Clemons accounted for almost half of Seattle's pass rush last Sunday (sacks, pressures, QB hits and batted passes). He accounted for about 30% of their pass rush last season. He's no Pierre-Paul so I think it'd be easier to neutralize him with a Witten/Tyron combo, but he definitely is the #1 guy on their D we have to watch out for. I say this b/c I don't expect the rest of their pass rush to be able to keep up with Romo as the game wears on. Romo's elusiveness can really frustrate a dline that's as big as Seattle's .

If we win this game, I expect it to be b/c Tony Romo will constantly avoid pressure and wear down their dline. Murray probably won't make his mark until these guys are exhausted from chasing Romo around for most of the game, but I expect most of his success to come from receptions, draw plays and runs that he bounces outside. The game might start out rough but I expect it to be in hand once Romo starts frustrating that 12th man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching the Seattle/Arizona game and I have to say Wilson keeps impressing me. Not only did he lead his team down the field with the game on the line, but almost all of his passes in the final drive were spot on, his WRs just weren't making plays for him. I think Tate coming back should make the team more dangerous in the short passing game specifically, but I don't know how consistent he will be considering it's his first game. I'm expecting Carr to be on Rice while Claiborne is on Tate, but I'm not sure that's the best idea. Rice is the jump baller and that fits right into Claiborne's strength. Tate is the shifty tackle breaker so I think I'd prefer Carr on him. Who knows how that will play out though I could be wrong.Like the G-Men, Seattle has a great dline that threatens our biggest team weakness, but this is definitely not the pass rushing animal that we saw in New York. With the exception of Clemons (and their rookie who I didn't even notice in their last game), these guys are huge compared to the Giants dline and are pretty much all about stopping the run. Clemons is the one guy we have to watch out for. I remember riding him to a playoff spot in an IDP league a couple years ago and was just amazed how this guy was always around the QB. I did some number crunching and Clemons accounted for almost half of Seattle's pass rush last Sunday (sacks, pressures, QB hits and batted passes). He accounted for about 30% of their pass rush last season. He's no Pierre-Paul so I think it'd be easier to neutralize him with a Witten/Tyron combo, but he definitely is the #1 guy on their D we have to watch out for. I say this b/c I don't expect the rest of their pass rush to be able to keep up with Romo as the game wears on. Romo's elusiveness can really frustrate a dline that's as big as Seattle's . If we win this game, I expect it to be b/c Tony Romo will constantly avoid pressure and wear down their dline. Murray probably won't make his mark until these guys are exhausted from chasing Romo around for most of the game, but I expect most of his success to come from receptions, draw plays and runs that he bounces outside. The game might start out rough but I expect it to be in hand once Romo starts frustrating that 12th man.
FWIW, Murray ran 22 times for 139 against the chickens in Big D. Im not saying he will have immediate success sunday, because I have no idea, and that Seattle D is tough. But he gives us a talent we havent had in the backfield for a long time. I really like how he finds the crease. Pretty slippery RB. He can take some pressure off of Romo.

This game scares me. But I think Dallas is the better team overall, especially on offense. Dallas should win this game if they don't lose it. I phrase it that way because I think Dallas has to make mistakes (i.e. lose the game) for Seattle to win. But if we turn it over, have ST lapses, this could get away from us. IF we play clean, out superior offense should be the difference with us pulling away late.

This game scares me. But I think Dallas is the better team overall, especially on offense. Dallas should win this game if they don't lose it. I phrase it that way because I think Dallas has to make mistakes (i.e. lose the game) for Seattle to win. But if we turn it over, have ST lapses, this could get away from us. IF we play clean, out superior offense should be the difference with us pulling away late.
:lmao:

Pathetic. That is all I can really say. Pathetic.

ST- awful. Get Felix out of there and dont put him back.

Offense- Dez needs to see the bench. Put some guys in there that want to play and want to be there. No focus. They also bailed on Murray too soon. Keep feeding the guy the rock. Let the defense rest. Let the guy get some rythym going. Horrible panic game planning by Garrett.

Defense- they can only do so much. They were on the field way to long and bailed out the offense too many times. They are a bend and dont break unit and they were just bent too many times. Offense and ST put them in the hole too many times.

Pinning this loss again on the lack of attention to detail by this team.

Bankers blurb's Week 2 addition

OK...

I am disapointed. I'm not calling it a season just yet though.

Starting off this week with Felix. He has to be cut, period. For one, it sends a message to the rest of the players about accountibilty. He is done, he is not in playing shape, he's lost his burst and had no heart.

I'm not bashing Garrett, but bare with me and let me explain my biggest problem with him and the play calling. We don't have an identity. Some weeks it's not even apparent what the game plan is. Last week it was when we exploited a weakness in our opponet. Can someone please tell me today, what the plan was? Pound the ball? Be conservative? Attack a weak corner? Why didn't we run the ball more, Murray was getting yards.

Why can this team not field a good ST unit? It costs us 2-3 games a year. You cannot spot any team a 10 point lead and expect to win.

Offensive line was decent again. Free is still the weak link in my opinion. What happened to this dude?

I hope that none of those injuries were too serious. Seems like Cowboys were dropping like flies for a minute there.

It is apparent to me that Dez is getting doubled a lot. He wasn't open much today.

Witten is as tough as nails, but I dont recall him struggling catching the ball as much as he did today. He's gotta be hurting a bit still.

It was a wasted opportunity to go 2-0 on the road.

Penalties were better this week.

Glad to see the Skins blow it too. Eagles get lucky again.

Agreed on the Garrett game plan or lack of in my opinion. He seriously panics and makes Romo panic. This game didnt have to get out of hand. It seems like he has no sense of this.

FEED THE BEAST! Murray needs the ball. Keep giving him the ball. It sets up the play action. It sets up everything else. Even down by 10, it was the first friggin quarter! Panic offense.

I 100% agree that Felix Jones should be cut. He isnt hungry. He gives little to no effort. Get Tanner in there or one of those young guys that got cut. Those guys WANT to be there.

Dez Bryant just pisses me off. The guy was just out of focus today. He dropped easy passes. Fumbled when he actually caught one. I would love to see his immature ### on the bench at the begining of the next game. Let Andre Holmes or Dwayne Harris start in his place. See if that will light a spark under him. ZERO chance he resigned in Dallas.

This defense still sucks. It is somehow lost that the Giants still walked up and down the field on this defense. Eli made some "Eli" mistakes or that game would have ended just like last seasons games ended. Cowboys giving up a big lead.

I had optimism but I still think this team is no better than last year. The O-line is still awful. The defense still has no identity either. The play calling is garbage. I dont know if Garrett is the right choice. I hate to say it. How long is long enough?

It's all fun and games until you face a team with guys in the secondary that weren't pulled off the street before the game.

This team is like the Houston Rockets now. Can't improve with Jerry running the show, but get just enough production to keep them picking out of the top 10.

I feel for you and your sorry base of fans. I hope I'm wrong b/c I hate to see Cowboys fans ##### and whine every year. On the other hand, it's also fun to hear cries of Super Bowl again and again only to get shut out of the playoffs.
You losers hanging in there? 1 playoff win in the last 19 years isn't good :shrug:

Well, before the season started, most folks would probably have expected 1-1 at this point. We're better off in the order it happened than the expected Giants loss/Seattle win. A very minor consolation, I know. They just got abused yesterday.

Same old thing with these Cowboys. What I think is hilarious though is the all the haters come flood the thread but nobody was in here after they beat the G-Men. Typical #### e move. I on the other hand never even went to the G-men thread once before or after the win. Just show some class. :thumbdown:

I feel for you and your sorry base of fans. I hope I'm wrong b/c I hate to see Cowboys fans ##### and whine every year. On the other hand, it's also fun to hear cries of Super Bowl again and again only to get shut out of the playoffs.
You losers hanging in there? 1 playoff win in the last 19 years isn't good :shrug:
Generally poor form to :pokey: in an Official team thread.

Generally poor form to :pokey: in an Official team thread.
Reported before I read this, thanks for posting and good job Cowboy fans for not falling into his trap.

Well, before the season started, most folks would probably have expected 1-1 at this point. We're better off in the order it happened than the expected Giants loss/Seattle win. A very minor consolation, I know. They just got abused yesterday.
*raises hand* I would have taken 1-1 knowing both were road games.Very disappointed the game wasn't close. I don't have a lot to say about the loss, just about everyone could have played better. From a betting stand. point, that was a trap game if I ever saw one. Let's see if they can bounce back at home with a strong week of practice.

Agreed on the Garrett game plan or lack of in my opinion. He seriously panics and makes Romo panic. This game didnt have to get out of hand. It seems like he has no sense of this. FEED THE BEAST! Murray needs the ball. Keep giving him the ball. It sets up the play action. It sets up everything else. Even down by 10, it was the first friggin quarter! Panic offense. I 100% agree that Felix Jones should be cut. He isnt hungry. He gives little to no effort. Get Tanner in there or one of those young guys that got cut. Those guys WANT to be there. Dez Bryant just pisses me off. The guy was just out of focus today. He dropped easy passes. Fumbled when he actually caught one. I would love to see his immature ### on the bench at the begining of the next game. Let Andre Holmes or Dwayne Harris start in his place. See if that will light a spark under him. ZERO chance he resigned in Dallas. This defense still sucks. It is somehow lost that the Giants still walked up and down the field on this defense. Eli made some "Eli" mistakes or that game would have ended just like last seasons games ended. Cowboys giving up a big lead. I had optimism but I still think this team is no better than last year. The O-line is still awful. The defense still has no identity either. The play calling is garbage. I dont know if Garrett is the right choice. I hate to say it. How long is long enough?
For all the talk about Dez (and I'm at the front of the critics' line with him), this game was on the OL and Witten, the latter of whom had probably the worst game of his career.Sigh.I'm off to Dallas on Friday and catching the home opener against the Bucs. Hope they're prepared for a physical game, because that's exactly what Tampa's going to bring to the table. Hope we get some safety help on VJax.

For all the talk about Dez (and I'm at the front of the critics' line with him), this game was on the OL and Witten, the latter of whom had probably the worst game of his career.Sigh.I'm off to Dallas on Friday and catching the home opener against the Bucs. Hope they're prepared for a physical game, because that's exactly what Tampa's going to bring to the table. Hope we get some safety help on VJax.
Dez could not hold onto the ball at all I counted at least 3 drops by him not counting the fumbled punt return attempt. Both Sensabaugh and Church might not play against the Bucs which has me cringing. That would leave McCray and Silva as the starting safeties unless perhaps Jenkins could play.

Agreed on the Garrett game plan or lack of in my opinion. He seriously panics and makes Romo panic. This game didnt have to get out of hand. It seems like he has no sense of this. FEED THE BEAST! Murray needs the ball. Keep giving him the ball. It sets up the play action. It sets up everything else. Even down by 10, it was the first friggin quarter! Panic offense. I 100% agree that Felix Jones should be cut. He isnt hungry. He gives little to no effort. Get Tanner in there or one of those young guys that got cut. Those guys WANT to be there. Dez Bryant just pisses me off. The guy was just out of focus today. He dropped easy passes. Fumbled when he actually caught one. I would love to see his immature ### on the bench at the begining of the next game. Let Andre Holmes or Dwayne Harris start in his place. See if that will light a spark under him. ZERO chance he resigned in Dallas. This defense still sucks. It is somehow lost that the Giants still walked up and down the field on this defense. Eli made some "Eli" mistakes or that game would have ended just like last seasons games ended. Cowboys giving up a big lead. I had optimism but I still think this team is no better than last year. The O-line is still awful. The defense still has no identity either. The play calling is garbage. I dont know if Garrett is the right choice. I hate to say it. How long is long enough?
Witten is definately on the downside. He needs to starting getting more plays off during the game to keep him fresh. He has taken some terrible shots this year and looks a bit gun shy.EDIT-Enjoy the game. I'm envious as hell.

One last thought on the game and one of my pet peeves of our current RKG approach.

If I am on the field following that hit on Lee, I'm going after Tate no questions asked. I'm say something to him and I'm going to get in his face. Might even do more.

The rest of our defense -Ware- not so much.

Hate it.

One last thought on the game and one of my pet peeves of our current RKG approach.If I am on the field following that hit on Lee, I'm going after Tate no questions asked. I'm say something to him and I'm going to get in his face. Might even do more.The rest of our defense -Ware- not so much.Hate it.
:goodposting: I absolutely hated that no one had Sean Lee's back. Would have gladly accepted a 15 yard penalty for retaliation.

Again, this team has no heart.

That being said, I could see them lay a beat down on TB. Everyone will be high on them again and then they will end up 3-6 heading to Cleveland.

Bucs

Bears

@Ravens

@Panthers

Giants

@Falcons

@Eagles

I see wins against the Bucs and Panthers. Cant really see wins in the other games until they play Cleveland.

Again, this team has no heart. That being said, I could see them lay a beat down on TB. Everyone will be high on them again and then they will end up 3-6 heading to Cleveland.BucsBears@Ravens@PanthersGiants@Falcons@EaglesI see wins against the Bucs and Panthers. Cant really see wins in the other games until they play Cleveland.
Dont think they can beat the Bears? Wow. Didnt we beat the Giants pretty soundly 2 games ago? Must be impossible to beat them again.I'm down on this team too. But this post is about as pessimistic as I've seen.

Again, this team has no heart. That being said, I could see them lay a beat down on TB. Everyone will be high on them again and then they will end up 3-6 heading to Cleveland.BucsBears@Ravens@PanthersGiants@Falcons@EaglesI see wins against the Bucs and Panthers. Cant really see wins in the other games until they play Cleveland.
Dont think they can beat the Bears? Wow. Didnt we beat the Giants pretty soundly 2 games ago? Must be impossible to beat them again.I'm down on this team too. But this post is about as pessimistic as I've seen.
To me 5-4 is the best case scenario with 4-5 more likely. That is some real tough away games there. This is a 3rd place schedule?

I'm taking the Cowboys this week in my Survivor pool (big money payout). Over half were eliminated last week for taking the Patriots. Please keep us updated on if Sensabaugh is playing. I'm nervous as he!! taking the Cowboys, they always let me down.

We've been waiting a year too late on getting rid of dead weight players lately. Roy Williams was holding Dez back a couple years ago. Newman should have been cut last year, not this year and I say the same thing for Bennett even though he's killing it in NY right now. Dude had no interest in playing second fiddle to Witten and was playing then the same way Felix is now.

Can't believe Felix is still on this team. He serves no purpose whatsoever. He's not explosive and he's not even that boring "reliable veteran." He's the worst of both worlds. He had a grand total of 5 touches last week and on the very last play of the game his legs were clearly dying when he stumbled on his own. Seriously? After 5 or so touches? Put some young and hungry kid behind Murray and call it a day. I hate to say this but Witten's time is creeping up on us as well. I'm sure a lot of his struggles last week were a result of the spleen but we definitely need to get more athletic at the TE position.

We've been waiting a year too late on getting rid of dead weight players lately. Roy Williams was holding Dez back a couple years ago. Newman should have been cut last year, not this year and I say the same thing for Bennett even though he's killing it in NY right now. Dude had no interest in playing second fiddle to Witten and was playing then the same way Felix is now.Can't believe Felix is still on this team. He serves no purpose whatsoever. He's not explosive and he's not even that boring "reliable veteran." He's the worst of both worlds. He had a grand total of 5 touches last week and on the very last play of the game his legs were clearly dying when he stumbled on his own. Seriously? After 5 or so touches? Put some young and hungry kid behind Murray and call it a day. I hate to say this but Witten's time is creeping up on us as well. I'm sure a lot of his struggles last week were a result of the spleen but we definitely need to get more athletic at the TE position.
Classic overreaction to one bad game. Witten has been a soldier had one bad game and your ready to send him off.

'Mustang Man said:
'Ridgelake said:
'Texasmouth said:
To me 5-4 is the best case scenario with 4-5 more likely. That is some real tough away games there. This is a 3rd place schedule?
Sucks to have lost an opportunity to go 2-0 but the Seahawks aren't making the playoffs this year in a very strong NFC so we get off easy there. But these next 7 games are going to seal our playoff fate considering 4/7 are division opponents or serious NFC wild card contenders. The Bears and Giants games are must wins. If we split against Philly or Atlanta I'd be happy.

Classic overreaction to one bad game. Witten has been a soldier had one bad game and your ready to send him off.
"Witten's time is creeping up on us" is not a knee-jerk reaction to his bad game, I think it's an accurate statement considering he's 30 years old plus some change. He's not in the Tony Gonzalez or Shannon Sharpe mold and won't be a TE who will produce into his mid to late 30s. He's more "stiff" for lack of a better word and he's probably blocked more than any other "elite" TE in the league over the years... I'm sure all those collisions are taking their toll. I've noticed the past few games dating back to 2011 that his catch radius has been shrinking, he particularly struggles with balls that are thrown low more than I remember and he was never known for being a jump ball TE to begin with. I've also been noticing more yellow laundry thrown his way lately.Don't get me wrong, I really like the "tough guy" that Witten brings to our team and I fully expect some clutch, game cinching 3rd down conversions from him this year. But we need to start being more proactive and anticipate our needs before they become needs, kind of like the Steelers have been doing lately.

"Witten's time is creeping up on us" is not a knee-jerk reaction to his bad game, I think it's an accurate statement considering he's 30 years old plus some change. He's not in the Tony Gonzalez or Shannon Sharpe mold and won't be a TE who will produce into his mid to late 30s. He's more "stiff" for lack of a better word and he's probably blocked more than any other "elite" TE in the league over the years... I'm sure all those collisions are taking their toll. I've noticed the past few games dating back to 2011 that his catch radius has been shrinking, he particularly struggles with balls that are thrown low more than I remember and he was never known for being a jump ball TE to begin with. I've also been noticing more yellow laundry thrown his way lately.Don't get me wrong, I really like the "tough guy" that Witten brings to our team and I fully expect some clutch, game cinching 3rd down conversions from him this year. But we need to start being more proactive and anticipate our needs before they become needs, kind of like the Steelers have been doing lately.
Agreed, he is clearly on the down side. He needs more plays off during the game.

'Ridgelake said:
'Texasmouth said:
Beat the Giants soundly? Were we watching the same game? Eli barely missed on a TD that he rarely misses on. The defender was beaten. It would have been the same old song and dance again that it always is against the Giants. Truth be told the Cowboys BARELY won that game. Barely. The Seattle game was an all out beat down in every phase of the game. The Giants, Eagles and Redskins will beat down the Seahawks. I would bet on that. When was the last time the Cowboys actually beat the Giants in Dallas? The stadium that everyone besides us calls "the house that Eli built."Wish I could be more optimistic but it just seems like more of the same every year. Huge expectations and low results.

It's a win, but time to tap the brakes on this team.

Not currently playing like a playoff type team.

Defense looks pretty damn good though.

Carr is the man.

It's a win, but time to tap the brakes on this team.Not currently playing like a playoff type team.Defense looks pretty damn good though.Carr is the man.
SOunds about right. Except I think the brakes got tapped last week. That OL is a disaster. Moronic penalties. Unreal.

Ugly game to watch, but...defense was great. Carr was all over the place. Had no idea church tire his achilles until after the game. Jenkins also stepped up huge.

Had my #50 jersey on, worn proudly today. :hifive:

Regarding Witten, I'd say it's too early to start burying him. No coincidence the timing if these poor efforts. He's recovering. Just not the same guy right now. Mentally or physically. But, I don't think this is characteristic of an age issue. He's ####### hurt still.

My thoughts on the game...

1. Should have left Witten on the bench until after the bye week. He is not the same guy right now. Today was just more evidence. Phillips and Hanna would have been fine. They arent Witten but he isn't Witten right now either.

2. This Defense is flat out nasty. When they arent put into horrible situations by the friggin offense and special teams, they are really hard to contain. There still seems to be very little pass rush to me though. Spencer isnt that great. The DT get no penetration. The secondary is really good though. I hope there is a fix for the loss of Church. The guy is really under rated. Having Jenkins back on the field at full strength though...man...back to his old self. I think this may be the best secondary in football.

3. Time to do MORE to protect Romo. Time to dial this stupid offense back, stay in more max protect and run the ball more. Romo is getting killed. I like Orton better than an old John Kitna but I dont need to see him out there. Free got dominated today. For some strange reason it seemed like Free was better on the other side last year. He is really struggling this year.

4. I still hate Jason Garrett's play calling and game planning. He is too aggressive when he doesnt need to be and too conservative when he needs to put the pedal down. His play calling is so predictable and it has been EVERY year that he has been in Dallas.

5. I dont think this is a playoff team. I think the defense will keep us in the game a lot but...I cant see ending this next brutal stretch at better than 3-6 or 4-5 at best. I am seriously worried about Romo's health against the Bears and Ravens. Atlanta is going to destroy this team.

Agreed, and unfortunately, Witten has been a liability on the field this year. He's not the same guy right now. I feel like he's not 100%, coupled with his drops and penalties, is making him not in a good place on the field right now, mentally or physically. He and Romo dont seem to be on the same page at all right now. Witten has taken some tremendous shots over his career. He just seems to get T'ed off on. He "seems" to absorb them well, but if you really pay attention, he has taken a beating. It might be catchin up to him.I love me some Witten. Its hard to watch him playing like he is now. I really hope he can get it together, cuz if this team could start playing better as a unit on offense, the defense will keep em in games.

Bankers Blurbs...Week 3 edition.

One word...oof.

-I hate to sound negative after a win, but that was ugly.

-As I type this, Free was flagged for another false start. This dood is straight up stealing money from Jerry. Now I realize Jerry has lots of it, but holy snikee's he is terrible.

-Romo will not last another game like that. I was blown away and impressed as heck that Romo got up from that helmet to helmet hit. By the way, how can any ref, replacement or not, miss that? NFL....pay the men their money.

-Oline outside of Smith and Livings were brutal.

-Witten. I get it you are hurt. We all know it, so why are you blowing off the media after the game. Man up, answer the questions and show some leadership during adversity.

-Here is my long winded part. I like most Cowboy fans have tried to figure what's wrong with this team. It's Wade, it's TO, Crayton, Jerry meddling, the secondary etc etc etc. Well, I am starting to come to the conclusion that Garrett is not the man for the job right now. The offense despite having an elite QB and having solid weapons over the years has not delivered. Yes, I know we had a crappy D for a couple years, but this team has to lead the league in pre-snap penalties. This is on Garrett.

Also, it is obvious to me that the defensive co-ordinators have figured out this pedestian and predictable offense. The play calling is terrible at times. We are spoiling a great opportunity with the guys we have. Why can we not figure out how to get Dez the ball? I was originally stoked about the thought of Garrett the head coach. The problem is that we have to live with Jason the Offensive Co-ordinator and play caller and the guy who is too distracted at times to manage the game properly. He has the right stuff in so many ways, but he's not the right fit for this team right now.

I might get roasted for this, but I would rather have Callahan as OC and keep Ryan as the DC. Run with Ryan as the final decision maker but tell them whomever performs better gets the team next year. I even understand this won't happen but this is what I think the team would do best under.

-Speaking of Dez. Hey man, see what happens when you take a punt North/South instead of sideline to sideline everytime? Great return there.

-I still love Sean Lee. Old school. I haven't bought a jersey in a while, it might be a 50.

-How good is Mo Claiborne? Ask yourself, how many times have you heard his name so far his year? Not much. That's an amazing compliment to a rookie corner in this league.

-My game balls....Romo for taking a beating. Lee, Carr and Jenkins on defense. Austin made some good catches. Chris Jones is quietly making McBriar a complete after thought.

Good to be 2-1, but I'm not feeling it at the moment. Got tons to fix and the coach is losing my faith rapidly.

EDIT- Just read today Witten held court with the media. Atta boy, just answer the questions Jason, the fans have your back.

We had 10 men on the field for 2 of our special teams plays this week.

Simply unnacceptable.

We are also leading the league in YPG given up by a defense.

VERY acceptable.

I honestly fear for Romo's life in this Chicago game.

Garrett better come up with a really good game plan to protect Romo or Orton might be playing against the Bears by halftime.

I do think however, that our defense is set up to really cause Cutler to become "bad Cutler." Blitz the crap out of him. Let our CB frustrate the WR and hope the offense can get some points.

Monday night football too....

I honestly fear for Romo's life in this Chicago game. Garrett better come up with a really good game plan to protect Romo or Orton might be playing against the Bears by halftime.I do think however, that our defense is set up to really cause Cutler to become "bad Cutler." Blitz the crap out of him. Let our CB frustrate the WR and hope the offense can get some points. Monday night football too....
The gameplan better be to feed DeMarco the ball and quick short passes. If they can control the clock and force the D to cheat up, then the downfield passing game should open up. I fear Garrett overthinks the plan, undermining the strengths they do have.I think the Cowboys D can take some more chances, pack the box to stuff the run and let the corners earn their money. Force Cutler to beat them. I can't stand watching the D get shredded on the ground.

-Romo will not last another game like that. I was blown away and impressed as heck that Romo got up from that helmet to helmet hit. By the way, how can any ref, replacement or not, miss that? NFL....pay the men their money.
Who are you, Teddy KGB?

Forget about this metldown ... this team has too many defensive injuries to not have a reliable turnover free offense. This season smells of 8-8 and one year older for key players and another lost year without a high pick or playoff shot. Really this dates back to the draft Jerry punted talent for special teams ... hard to build a DEEP roster that way. Add in questionable signings and we have this horrible slop without quality interior OL or depth if a starter goes down elsewhere. Garret is in over his head as a head coach as well. Never liked the promotion and it only looks worse as it goes along.

Disgusting amount of Bears fans ... reminds me of games back in Arizona in the recent past. This team is barely .500 at home since the new stadium opened? Wow. Saw on Twitter that ticket prices for field level are so high the scalpers can barely afford it ... no wonder fans aren't there and thus Jerry has priced out our home field advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread