What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dallas Cowboys 2012 Thread (1 Viewer)

Garrett has to go, right? After this season, assuming they miss the playoffs?

How many times can we out play, but out mistake teams and lose?
This right here tells me, yes, he does.
@dmn_cowboys: Kevin Ogletree on lack of hustle on final play: ‘That’s a personal mistake for sure’: IRVING — Kevin Ogletree sa... http://t.co/0blGnq65
I don't know about anybody else, but the lack of focus and effort on this team....the complete absence of a winning attitude...that's been the most disgusting part about rooting for this team. If they don't give a ####, why should I ?I thought Garrett was going to come in and change the culture of the team. But, this is just more of the same under-prepared, poorly-managed Cowboys teams we've had since Jimmy left. This is 2 decades of the same bull####, if you ask me.
JJT states we should extend Red for 5 years.

This game vs the Ravens is the type of game that Dallas wins. When there is no expectations and everyone has counted them out. Just saying. They have no business winning this game but I can see them winning just to pull us back in to thinking they still have a shot.
Did they pull you back in, they pulled me back and, then pulled the fricken rug out from under me again. This team drives me nuts. :rant:The only game I can remember where a team totally physically smashed the other had the ball for 40 minutes and still somehow find a way to lose.Wow that last 20 some seconds was all time stupid. Dez you had a great game but finish it. That 2 point conversion drop was horrid. Right there from Romo. Wake the F up in crunch time Cowboys.The chop block that was called vs Felix Jones was a joke and did by the way cost Dallas the game. It cost Dallas like 20-30 seconds to get them yards back in the next two plays. Let's not forget on that play I believe it was Ogletree that dropped a perfectly thrown pass from Romo that would have been( should have been a td). This team is just a walking time bomb in the last minutes of a game. HORRIBLE.
There was a Dallas penalty on that play too. Wouldn't have counted.
Penalty on Dallas on what play? The play where Ogletree dropped the td pass? If that is what you are talking about I know that was the chop block play also. If that is not what you are talking about let me know what you mean. Thanks.

This game vs the Ravens is the type of game that Dallas wins. When there is no expectations and everyone has counted them out. Just saying. They have no business winning this game but I can see them winning just to pull us back in to thinking they still have a shot.
Did they pull you back in, they pulled me back and, then pulled the fricken rug out from under me again. This team drives me nuts. :rant:The only game I can remember where a team totally physically smashed the other had the ball for 40 minutes and still somehow find a way to lose.Wow that last 20 some seconds was all time stupid. Dez you had a great game but finish it. That 2 point conversion drop was horrid. Right there from Romo. Wake the F up in crunch time Cowboys.The chop block that was called vs Felix Jones was a joke and did by the way cost Dallas the game. It cost Dallas like 20-30 seconds to get them yards back in the next two plays. Let's not forget on that play I believe it was Ogletree that dropped a perfectly thrown pass from Romo that would have been( should have been a td). This team is just a walking time bomb in the last minutes of a game. HORRIBLE.
There was a Dallas penalty on that play too. Wouldn't have counted.
Penalty on Dallas on what play? The play where Ogletree dropped the td pass? If that is what you are talking about I know that was the chop block play also. If that is not what you are talking about let me know what you mean. Thanks.
Sorry...Ogletree wouldbe TD.

Could part of it be that college ball is more popular? I live in Michigan and most people here seem much more passionate about college football. I grew up in New Jersey and there college ball isn't big at all. I take after the NJ crowd. College football feels like watching NFL preseason games to me.
I love college football. A good college football atmosphere on a saturday is the best! College rivalry games are better than NFL rivalry games, imo. College sports in general, are great. I could give a rats ### about MLB, but watch the College World Series every year. Its a great tournament. As an Oregon State alum, its been an exciting year. The PAC 12 is tough this season. Imagine if the Beavers and Ducks win out and meet in the Civil war? Thats good stuff.Anyway, back on track. Its funny, the Cowboys are right in the mix for the NFC East. But they look like the same old team. Two many penalties, mental mistakes, poor clock management. Romo is having to do too much. Its not sustainable. Guys need to step up to the plate. Romo, Lee, Witten........these guys are football players. We need more guys like them. From that two point conversion on............what a ####in joke! I mean, I KNEW Bailey was gonna miss that that FG. Piss poor clock management. No excuse for not getting Bailey a better shot at it. 26 seconds and a T.O. I believe. Oh but lets settle for a 51 yard FG! I guess Red coulda been thinking more plays, more chances for penalties, which is always a concern with this team. Whatever, they had their chances and came up short. I'm going to enjoy college football, and watch the Cowboys fumble to a 7-9 season while jerrah sits in his ivory tower with his stupid sour ####

I know things are a little glum right now, but surprised at the lack of chatter.
It's glum. I feel like it's now just an exercise in finding new ways to characterize our disappointment. Only thing that's new for me is I've changed my opinion on Garrett. I know he's navigating talent deficiencies on the OL, but the mental mistakes have not improved at all. This literally has to be the dumbest team in the NFL right now. Nobody is in charge, forging an identity. I'm just so sick of it, I want to throw up.They'll probably win this week, but I want to see them put together consistent effort.

I know things are a little glum right now, but surprised at the lack of chatter.
It's glum. I feel like it's now just an exercise in finding new ways to characterize our disappointment. Only thing that's new for me is I've changed my opinion on Garrett. I know he's navigating talent deficiencies on the OL, but the mental mistakes have not improved at all. This literally has to be the dumbest team in the NFL right now. Nobody is in charge, forging an identity. I'm just so sick of it, I want to throw up.They'll probably win this week, but I want to see them put together consistent effort.
:goodposting:

Every week it is just so frustrating. Stupid penalties. Romo making rookie mistakes and heroic comebacks. EVERY single game he throws some awful illadvised pass that just makes you think WTH???

Frustration. That is what I feel.

This defense is just really missing something. They make really average QB look better than they are. They play amazing for 3 quarters a game.

Garrett is just over his head in my opinion. He shouldnt be calling the offensive plays and running the team. It is making him suck at both.

Jerry Jones is an AWESOME owner. OWNER. Easily one of the worst GM's in history. Why cant he just swallow his pride and make the change? Geez.

Every week it is just so frustrating. Stupid penalties. Romo making rookie mistakes and heroic comebacks. EVERY single game he throws some awful illadvised pass that just makes you think WTH???

Frustration. That is what I feel.

This defense is just really missing something. They make really average QB look better than they are. They play amazing for 3 quarters a game.

Garrett is just over his head in my opinion. He shouldnt be calling the offensive plays and running the team. It is making him suck at both.

Jerry Jones is an AWESOME owner. OWNER. Easily one of the worst GM's in history. Why cant he just swallow his pride and make the change? Geez.

[/quote

I really think the talent we have is better then most teams we just don't have a good leader as a coach. It is really as simple as that. It cost Dallas about 3-4 games a year. That is on Jerry, he does not want a strong minded coach to over take the credit for the team winning. It is that simple.

Its really hard to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with this team. During Wade's tenure it was the mistakes at the worst possible time. Garrett was supposed to fix that and it seemed like he was on the right track and here we are full circle. The way I tried to explain it to my brother (life long lions fan) is that this team has super talented players but along with that comes 1-2 mistakes a game. This team has too many of these talented guys and need more unsung guys like the Patriots/Packers/49ers/Giants have. Guys that arent special but at the same time dont make mistakes and play within thier abilities. Coaching is a big part but im just not ready to give up on Garrett yet. I just have a sinking feeling it could be Sean Payton all over again.

I've been a Cowboys fan since the 70's as a kid watching them when I lived in N.E.

I moved to TX in 1989 and never looked back.

I like Jerry Jones as an owner and think he loves this football team more than most owners in the NFL love their teams.

That's the problem. He loves them so much he's too heavily involved in the daily player decisions and the coaching to turn those reigns over to "Real Football" people.

He got lucky with Jimmy Johnson as coach and "GM" in the early years and won all those SB's and thinks he can do it himself. That's why Jimmy left town and Jerry has run the show since. Jerry is not a GM and will never be a GM. That's why we've been a .500 team for the past 20 years :wall:

Garrett was overhyped before he did anything. His playcalling and gameday coaching is not progressing. We thought he was going to change the culture in Dallas......still waiting. So far, its the same old underachieving, uninspired team. Oh, and if history repeats itself, da boys will get weaker as the season goes on, while their division foes get stronger.

I'm trying to figure out why the Cowboys are favored at Carolina. Typically, if you want to win money, bet against the Cowboys. They are always overrated at the sports books. I'll take Carolina +2 and 1/2 at home

Without Murray I see Garrett abandoning the run. I see 3 and outs, one dimentional offense, and Romo running for his life. Turnovers? I'm not buying Felix after a decent showing against a crappy run D. How bout a full heada steam, run into someone, and fall over. Sounds about right. Maybe Tanner will step up.

I will watch every week and hope this team somehow learns how to be a successfull football team. I will not be holding my breath.

Garrett was overhyped before he did anything. His playcalling and gameday coaching is not progressing. We thought he was going to change the culture in Dallas......still waiting. So far, its the same old underachieving, uninspired team. Oh, and if history repeats itself, da boys will get weaker as the season goes on, while their division foes get stronger. I'm trying to figure out why the Cowboys are favored at Carolina. Typically, if you want to win money, bet against the Cowboys. They are always overrated at the sports books. I'll take Carolina +2 and 1/2 at homeWithout Murray I see Garrett abandoning the run. I see 3 and outs, one dimentional offense, and Romo running for his life. Turnovers? I'm not buying Felix after a decent showing against a crappy run D. How bout a full heada steam, run into someone, and fall over. Sounds about right. Maybe Tanner will step up. I will watch every week and hope this team somehow learns how to be a successfull football team. I will not be holding my breath.
Cam Newton has look horrid and the Carolina defense is only average and thats putting it nicely. Im not scared of them at all unless Cam reverts to last year level.

Last edited by a moderator:
This team sucks. Receivers still running the wrong routes. Penalty after penalty. Horrible and predictable playcalling.

This is a team that the Cowboys should be beating by 14. Down by 1 instead. Ridiculous.

Only good thing is surely Garrett has to go after this season. He can take friggin Dez Bryant's stupid ### with him.

Bryant cries about every single pass he doesnt catch.

Poor clock management AGAIN! Like you wont need that time out????

Garrett was overhyped before he did anything. His playcalling and gameday coaching is not progressing. We thought he was going to change the culture in Dallas......still waiting. So far, its the same old underachieving, uninspired team. Oh, and if history repeats itself, da boys will get weaker as the season goes on, while their division foes get stronger. I'm trying to figure out why the Cowboys are favored at Carolina. Typically, if you want to win money, bet against the Cowboys. They are always overrated at the sports books. I'll take Carolina +2 and 1/2 at homeWithout Murray I see Garrett abandoning the run. I see 3 and outs, one dimentional offense, and Romo running for his life. Turnovers? I'm not buying Felix after a decent showing against a crappy run D. How bout a full heada steam, run into someone, and fall over. Sounds about right. Maybe Tanner will step up. I will watch every week and hope this team somehow learns how to be a successfull football team. I will not be holding my breath.
Cam Newton has look horrid and the Carolina defense is only average and thats putting it nicely. Im not scared of them at all unless Cam reverts to last year level.
That game could've just as easily went the other way. Luckily, Carolina decided to out-penalize us. Ugly game that the Cowboys needed and pulled out.I just hope Sean Lee's big toe is ok, cuz he has more talent in that big toe than most men have in the entire bodies....

Even the wins leave a bad taste. We'll take it and move on.Same old same old though...
Yeah not much to get excited about. Like you said same old same old. I will take the "W". It won't mean anything if they don't beat the G-Men next week though.This team is going nowhere playing the way they are though. :thumbdown:

Cowboys agreed to terms with S Charlie Peprah.

Peprah has been out of the league since being released by the Packers for failing his physical on the first day of training camp. If his knees are now healthy, Peprah can provide experienced depth at a position of need in Dallas.

Source: Nick Eatman on Twitter

Oof...I feel sick. Bruce Carter here is your chance to shine.
Terrible news. Just terrible. I don't see Carter's role changing at all, do you?Any chance Albright gets in the mix, or is Lee's job going to Connor or a FA?
Albright and Lemon will hopefully get more time. Connor is a 2 down plugger who will get exposed in coverage. Think Brady James and Keith Brookings from the last 2 years.

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have cut wide receiver Raymond Radway from the practice squad two weeks after signing him.

With Danny Coale healthy again after a hamstring strain, the Cowboys did not need a third wide receiver on the practice squad. Radway was among the Cowboys’ final cuts in the preseason after he failed to make a catch. He struggled in his return from a fractured ankle suffered in the final preseason game of 2011.

Outside linebacker Jerry Brown replaced Radway on the practice squad. Brown was on Indianapolis’ practice squad before his release last week

Connor is a HUGE downgrade from Lee. Lee is the MVP of the defense easily. Carter has looked pretty good, but not near Lee's production yet. He's gonna have to step it up big time.

This is prolly the worst loss the D could've had. Fricken sucks!

Cowboys sign LB Ernie Sims to help fill the void left by season-ending injury to Sean Lee

By Brandon George / Reporter

bgeorge@dallasnews.com

11:03 am on October 24, 2012 | Permalink

IRVING — The Cowboys have signed linebacker Ernie Sims to help fill the void left by the season-ending injury to starting inside linebacker Sean Lee.

The Detroit Lions made Sims the ninth overall pick in the first round of the 2006 draft. He is in his seventh season out of Florida State.

The 27-year old Sims (6-0, 230) played his first four seasons with the Detroit Lions, spent 2010 with the Philadelphia Eagles and played last season with the Indianapolis Colts. He’s started 75 of the 87 games he’s played in the NFL and has 536 career tackles, 4.5 sacks, 11 passes defended, five forced fumbles and one interception.

Sims has played more of a weakside linebacker in 4-3 defenses in his career. The Cowboys play a 3-4 defense.

“He’s a guy who is not real big, but watch him play, watch him play in college, watch him play in the NFL,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. “He palys with a great motor, a great demeanor. He runs to the football and he makes a lot of plays. We’re excited to have the opportunity to get him.”

Garrett said the Cowboys will have to see where Sims is “physically and mentally in picking up our defense” before deciding how to use him.

Dan Connor is expected to start in place of Lee on Sunday against the Giants.

Sims could be a player the Cowboys bring in as part of their substitution packages. The Cowboys usually left their inside linebackers — Lee and Bruce Carter — on the field because they are so good at defending the pass. Garrett said that going forward Carter will remain on the field at all times. But Connor is a player the Cowboys could replace in substitution packages, bringing in another linebacker who is better at defending the pass.

Follow Brandon George on Twitter at @dmn_george.

This season is about to get ugly. I have no confidence in this so called team at all right now. Even if they play good they will still find a way to lose. Not crying about it believe me, over it. It is reality and even if they won this game vs the Giants I would still be waiting for the impending implosion. It sucks to be a Cowboys fan right now but I am and will hope for a better coach and staff next season. I believe that would fix the biggest problem with this team. Hey maybe there is an unforeseen turn around, if so I will be there to see it and cheer them on either way.

Banker's Blurbs Week 7 - Walking wounded edition.

3-3 after a ho-hum win in Carolina.

Going into this week we are without Costa, Lee and Murray. A couple others are also banged up.

We welcome in Ernie Sims and Charlie Pepprah, but it's not much to get excited about.

Sean Lee loss is going to really hurt.

Can someone please tell me why Mike Jenkins is getting 1 snap a game? We sure know how to get the lowest value for our assets.

Dez Bryant should only be returning the odd punt....NOT every gosh darned one. He catches 1 ball over his head inside the 10. Carries the ball like a loaf of bread. He was lucky there. His personal foul to start the game should have landed him on the bench for a quarter or 2. Simply unnacceptable.

Anthony Spencer celebrating 10 yards behind the offense as they are lining up for a 4th down game changing play is mind boggling as well.

I hate the fact that Eli is coming to town and is going to be 4-0 in our house.

My only ray of sunshine for the day is......we have played 4 road games aleady and our schedule will start to get easier.

Maybe we shock the Giants but I don't expect it.

I haven't posted in awhile (this season) but I've been lurking everyday as I've done since 1998.....and I'm just sick of seeing the negativity spewing from the so- called "Cowboy Faithful"...not only on this board but also Dallas Cowboys.com and numerous others. I understand that we have issues as no team is perfect but dammit at least support the team you've loved for who knows how long ( me? since 1981). No wonder we have no home field advantage because the general consensus among us is to just wait for something bad to happen and if it doesn't, don't worry because it will happen next week....wtf?!!!!! This team has no support from our fanbase. Many of you suffered through the 1-15 season so you know what real pain is...lets take it week by week and although we haven't been to the Bowl in almost 20 years there are teams who don't have ANYTHING. Yes I'm talking to you Eagles.....but yet they continue to have a presence at the Linc.

I swear the lot of us have been so spoiled that anything other than a blowout is just not acceptable....wake up! its not 1993, it's not even 1970. Feels like an old folks home 99% of time in here. We are 3-3 heading into a game that can define our season so stop crying, be glad we are not 1-5, and give these guys some damn support!!!!

(Steps off podium)

I'm posting from my iPad so please shut up about any grammatical/spelling errors....you know who you are.

I haven't posted in awhile (this season) but I've been lurking everyday as I've done since 1998.....and I'm just sick of seeing the negativity spewing from the so- called "Cowboy Faithful"...not only on this board but also Dallas Cowboys.com and numerous others. I understand that we have issues as no team is perfect but dammit at least support the team you've loved for who knows how long ( me? since 1981). No wonder we have no home field advantage because the general consensus among us is to just wait for something bad to happen and if it doesn't, don't worry because it will happen next week....wtf?!!!!! This team has no support from our fanbase. Many of you suffered through the 1-15 season so you know what real pain is...lets take it week by week and although we haven't been to the Bowl in almost 20 years there are teams who don't have ANYTHING. Yes I'm talking to you Eagles.....but yet they continue to have a presence at the Linc. I swear the lot of us have been so spoiled that anything other than a blowout is just not acceptable....wake up! its not 1993, it's not even 1970. Feels like an old folks home 99% of time in here. We are 3-3 heading into a game that can define our season so stop crying, be glad we are not 1-5, and give these guys some damn support!!!!(Steps off podium)I'm posting from my iPad so please shut up about any grammatical/spelling errors....you know who you are.
Not sure if thats me you mean? If it is...I will respond. I think my track record on the Cowboys has been pretty positive over the years. Heck, I was once labelled the official Cowboys Apologist by someone whom I have come to respect more over the year or so. Anyways...I think it is time be concerned about the Cowboys and their future. Honestly, I am not sure how anyone who loves this team like I do can't be concerned. This isn't a #####ing post, but I'll list a few of the major problems from my perspective:-Sophomore coach who continues to struggle with play calling, time management and scoring points. He is also responsible for the Offensive side of the ball.-A GM who is a great owner and not much more. He continues to ignore the trenches during the draft.-An aging group of core veterans who have a tiny window left.-One of the worst offensive lines I have seen in my 30+ years as a Boys fan.-League leaders in penalties.-A team that continues to find new ways and painful to lose year after year.-Key injuries to Lee, Murray and other role players does not bode well for the rest of the year.Yes, not everything is doom and gloom. There are positives and no one is happier we won in Carolina then me. However, I just can't get excited right now about our chances that we have of making the playoffs or going far, should we be fortunate enough to squeek in. I will be here every game day in the Dallas game day threads living and dying on every play. I'm here for the long haul, good or bad. That gives me a right to complain or praise.Listen, I hope that you aren't a stranger in the thread. Please, do point out the good things you see and share your thoughts on the team. Our "in season" threads have been VERY quiet compared to years past. I wish more people would post their thoughts to generate some good discussions.

'Bankerguy said:
I haven't posted in awhile (this season) but I've been lurking everyday as I've done since 1998.....and I'm just sick of seeing the negativity spewing from the so- called "Cowboy Faithful"...not only on this board but also Dallas Cowboys.com and numerous others. I understand that we have issues as no team is perfect but dammit at least support the team you've loved for who knows how long ( me? since 1981). No wonder we have no home field advantage because the general consensus among us is to just wait for something bad to happen and if it doesn't, don't worry because it will happen next week....wtf?!!!!! This team has no support from our fanbase. Many of you suffered through the 1-15 season so you know what real pain is...lets take it week by week and although we haven't been to the Bowl in almost 20 years there are teams who don't have ANYTHING. Yes I'm talking to you Eagles.....but yet they continue to have a presence at the Linc. I swear the lot of us have been so spoiled that anything other than a blowout is just not acceptable....wake up! its not 1993, it's not even 1970. Feels like an old folks home 99% of time in here. We are 3-3 heading into a game that can define our season so stop crying, be glad we are not 1-5, and give these guys some damn support!!!!(Steps off podium)I'm posting from my iPad so please shut up about any grammatical/spelling errors....you know who you are.
Not sure if thats me you mean? If it is...I will respond. I think my track record on the Cowboys has been pretty positive over the years. Heck, I was once labelled the official Cowboys Apologist by someone whom I have come to respect more over the year or so. Anyways...I think it is time be concerned about the Cowboys and their future. Honestly, I am not sure how anyone who loves this team like I do can't be concerned. This isn't a #####ing post, but I'll list a few of the major problems from my perspective:-Sophomore coach who continues to struggle with play calling, time management and scoring points. He is also responsible for the Offensive side of the ball.-A GM who is a great owner and not much more. He continues to ignore the trenches during the draft.-An aging group of core veterans who have a tiny window left.-One of the worst offensive lines I have seen in my 30+ years as a Boys fan.-League leaders in penalties.-A team that continues to find new ways and painful to lose year after year.-Key injuries to Lee, Murray and other role players does not bode well for the rest of the year.Yes, not everything is doom and gloom. There are positives and no one is happier we won in Carolina then me. However, I just can't get excited right now about our chances that we have of making the playoffs or going far, should we be fortunate enough to squeek in. I will be here every game day in the Dallas game day threads living and dying on every play. I'm here for the long haul, good or bad. That gives me a right to complain or praise.Listen, I hope that you aren't a stranger in the thread. Please, do point out the good things you see and share your thoughts on the team. Our "in season" threads have been VERY quiet compared to years past. I wish more people would post their thoughts to generate some good discussions.
I appreciate you giving more clarity to your thoughts Banker and I've known you as one of the more vocal guys of the Boys on this board....saying that, I'm normally too busy enjoying my Sunday ticket monitoring my fantasy team to post on Sundays but that will change going forward.My thoughts:1. After years of Newman/Jenkins/Scandrick/Pacman/Ball/Goodrich etc....it is such a good feeling having confidence in our secondary knowing they can close out a game if need be.2. This year our injuries to WR's have been kept to a min (Miles in particular) so that is a major plus considering the depth.....this should only help us going forward. Especially this weekend.3. Spencer IS an asset and cannot easily be replaced by V.Butler/Lemon or Albright...a tough decision will have to be made this offseason regarding him.4. The stupid penalties have to stop.....I swear last week every time I saw a flag vs CAR I immediately assumed it was us....alas it was not and the Boys won....Like you said this has to be fixed but this sort of shiiii has been happening since the Parcells era so a part of me feels that it runs deeper than just the coaching.....( don't get me started on my theories regarding the refs and Cowboys) but if you've been watching like I'm sure you have you've got to wonder about the "fix" sometimes (think Bmore game 2 weeks ago)5. Remember how many games the Boys have lost thru the years due to inadequate kicking.....now we have Bailey. I am happy.6. Garret DOES NOT trust Romo....but there will come a time he will have to. We will only go as far as he will take us and as much as Romo preaches "getting better each and every week" he is going to have to personally prove that one day here soon...probably more than once.7. Garret may not be the best coach but best believe he hears his critics.....look how much of an effort he's making to make us a power running team in the mold of the 90s cowboys. This you can't deny. Only the teams that have dared us to run by stacking the box (Sea/ Chi) has he resorted to a past 1st mentality.8. Online......We did draft T.Smith, resigned D.Free after an awesome year and you can't discount P.Costa when he's on the field. This year I agree that Oline should be our main priority in the draft so lets watch and see.That's all for now...I'm gonna watch this Bucs-Vikes game now but I look forward to reading you and everyone else's feedback.

I cant speak for other fans, but personally, I feel like every season is the same old thing. This team will give you a glimpse of greatness('07, Niners game last year, G-men game one '12, etc...), and then collapse. And they always seem to fade at the end of the regular season. At some point you gotta look at who's steerin the ship...............I know it gets beaten to death, but this team needs a new GM, period. And Garrett is and was overrated.There are bright spots, but sometimes it feels like just as we fix one leak, another springs.I think what you are seeing is true fans getting tired of the same old mediocrity that has krept into Big D.

Pick Player

1.6 Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

3.18 Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State

4.18 Kyle Wilber, OLB, Wake Forest

4.40 Matt Johnson, SS, Eastern Washington

5.17 Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech

6.16 James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma

7.15 Caleb McSurdy, ILB, Montana

We got one player out of the draft thats having an impact this year.

This is what you get when Jerry is the GM. Yes, I was pissed when he jumped up

for Claiborne when we had all that need on draft day. I'm pleased with Claiborne

so far and I'm sure he'll be a stud CB for a long time. BUT, we had many more needs

particularly on the O line and D line and didn't have a 2nd round pick and didn't hit on anyone else.

Very frustrating to see this year in and year out.

In addition, Jerry needs to stop fooling himself that the Boys can make a run like the NYG's did last year and a few years ago.

He's dilusional if he thinks that a mediocre team with a 8-8 or 9-7 can do that every year. It's very rare a team peaks going into the playoffs like the NYG's have. He needs this team to get in the playoffs and have some success before he ever starts talking SB again!

I cant speak for other fans, but personally, I feel like every season is the same old thing. This team will give you a glimpse of greatness('07, Niners game last year, G-men game one '12, etc...), and then collapse. And they always seem to fade at the end of the regular season. At some point you gotta look at who's steerin the ship...............I know it gets beaten to death, but this team needs a new GM, period. And Garrett is and was overrated.There are bright spots, but sometimes it feels like just as we fix one leak, another springs.I think what you are seeing is true fans getting tired of the same old mediocrity that has krept into Big D.
That is exactly what I am saying. It is getting real old but I am still there every week watching and hoping but not expecting anymore. It use to ruin my week when they lost now maybe 10 minutes and I am looking at my fantasy teams. Can't wait for the Giant game though!!

I agree with the article saying that Ernie Sims has a high motor. The problem is with no judgement, he overruns virtually every play. He is a very

frustrating player to root for. I hope the Cowboys have better luck with him than the Eagles did.

:goodposting:I will speak as a fan who places an inordinate amount of his life and emotional investment in this team (as many of us here do) and will only say that it is my view that honest self-assessment lends itself to frustration and harsh critique, especially when the team underperforms to expectation. And, I speak as one who, in the past (and quite unfairly, I have come to realize), have called out my fellow brothers as "apologists" when their outlook was rosier than my own. ;) . So, the criticism of the team certainly can be over-the-top at times, no question. I have been guilty of that and tried since to tone it down. That said, I would just submit to widow maker that I believe the critiques are heard by the powers that be, and while it may be somewhat delusional on my part, I believe as a fan that there is a small role for us in shaping how the team evolves. So, the barking and #####ing at times might be functional. More broadly, though, I don't believe--and will never believe--that the only role of a fan is to cheer and rah-rah everything the team does. But, I will take that fan any day over the bandwagoners who come and go, dependent on how good or bad the team is. What matters most is that you care. I just wouldn't be so quick to disqualify someone from being a true fan if he has something negative to say. In all likelihood, that person is equally as passionate as the rah-rah guy, but chooses to express it in a different way.

:goodposting:I will speak as a fan who places an inordinate amount of his life and emotional investment in this team (as many of us here do) and will only say that it is my view that honest self-assessment lends itself to frustration and harsh critique, especially when the team underperforms to expectation. And, I speak as one who, in the past (and quite unfairly, I have come to realize), have called out my fellow brothers as "apologists" when their outlook was rosier than my own. ;) . So, the criticism of the team certainly can be over-the-top at times, no question. I have been guilty of that and tried since to tone it down. That said, I would just submit to widow maker that I believe the critiques are heard by the powers that be, and while it may be somewhat delusional on my part, I believe as a fan that there is a small role for us in shaping how the team evolves. So, the barking and #####ing at times might be functional. More broadly, though, I don't believe--and will never believe--that the only role of a fan is to cheer and rah-rah everything the team does. But, I will take that fan any day over the bandwagoners who come and go, dependent on how good or bad the team is. What matters most is that you care. I just wouldn't be so quick to disqualify someone from being a true fan if he has something negative to say. In all likelihood, that person is equally as passionate as the rah-rah guy, but chooses to express it in a different way.
Respect.Edit-This thread needs more Ridgelake too.

We just resigned Barry Church to a 4yr extesion. Not sure of the contract details, but not loving the move.
Agreed. Solid proactive move for sure.
4 years9 million total3.8 guaranteedAverage athlete with a blown achilles = new contract.Love this teams decision making sometimes.
Not even sure if he's an "average" athlete compared to his safety peers. What little I've seen of him, I do recall thinking "right place, right time" on a few plays and then not thinking much about him. Still comes back to OL and DL. I'm still ok with the moves to get Mo and Carr, steep prices and all. But, fundamentally, the lines have to improve before we reach beyond mediocrity.And Garrett needs to improve.

Some interesting Barry Church numbers to help illustrate my frustration:

- 0 career passes defended

- 0 career interceptions

- Not a free agent until 2014

Why again do we feel the need to extend players prematurely?

Also, Mike Lombardi mentioned this am that he hears that Mike Jenkins IS available prior to the trade deadline.

Respect.Edit-This thread needs more Ridgelake too.
You are kind to say that.I think I share a similar outlook to many here. I've been so invested in this team over the years. And while this team has elements that are quite good, I perceive a fatal flaw on this team that I don't think likely can be overcome. The failure to adequately address the OL. I can see this team possibly getting to the playoffs. It will need a lot of breaks. The OL has shown itself to occasionally play adequately against lesser and average fronts. But it has not shown much if any ability to handle better fronts, the types you see in the playoffs.And I think Garrett sees it too. I read an article by Bob Sturm earlier this week that Dallas has the fewest 20+ yard plays in forever. With weapons like Dez and Miles, how the heck can that be? Well, Garrett doesn't trust his OL, so he calls short quick passes. Such a contrast to when he first became OC and had guys like TO and Glenn running all over the field making tons of plays and the team scoring tons of points. That OL was still decent. Garrett knows this one isnt.So the bottom line is that I, as a major fan, have distanced myself a bit. I have much lower expectations. I just don't see how the current makeup can be successful, meaning significant playoff success.I'll always be pulling for this team. But for my own sanity, and for the safety of my family :) , I've pulled back some of my emotional investment.

Users who are viewing this thread