What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official**** depression thread (1 Viewer)

- This weather sucks and will only get worse (currently low 40's and rainy)

- About to go into my busy time here at work.....won't let up until end of April.

- The lease on my apartment is up at the end of the month and the stupid building manager hasn't gotten back to me yet on the terms of the new lease. I'd like a shorter lease so I can move but I don't know what's going on.

- Wish I had more money so I could just quit today and move tomorrow.

- Wish I was home right now playing on-line Omaha8, on-line monopoly and looking at adult websites.

At least I got my health and a job....I guess that's something.

:thumbup:

I found out yesterday that I probably won't make any money if I file suit against my realtor for basically allowing the other realtor to change the property description on a property I bought. So I am basically out 15k because my realtor was negligent. 15k isn't enough money to go after according to my lawyer. He said it will basically be chewed up by the lawyers and it may actually cost me money to do it.

So basically I am ####ed for $15k.

Happy New Year!

I found out yesterday that I probably won't make any money if I file suit against my realtor for basically allowing the other realtor to change the property description on a property I bought. So I am basically out 15k because my realtor was negligent. 15k isn't enough money to go after according to my lawyer. He said it will basically be chewed up by the lawyers and it may actually cost me money to do it. So basically I am ####ed for $15k.Happy New Year!
That sucks, but it could most certainly be worse.

fo shizzle said:
- This weather sucks and will only get worse (currently low 40's and rainy)- About to go into my busy time here at work.....won't let up until end of April.- The lease on my apartment is up at the end of the month and the stupid building manager hasn't gotten back to me yet on the terms of the new lease. I'd like a shorter lease so I can move but I don't know what's going on.- Wish I had more money so I could just quit today and move tomorrow.- Wish I was home right now playing on-line Omaha8, on-line monopoly and looking at adult websites.At least I got my health and a job....I guess that's something. :mellow:
You have a job and are single and arent tied down to a mortgage and wife and get to look at teh pron and play poker every night? Cry me a river.
Have a live in g/f, almost the same as being married.......Could have a mortgage, but I want to save more first.....Don't get to do the last 2 things everynight..... :hophead: Never said I had it the worst......it's all relative.

I found out yesterday that I probably won't make any money if I file suit against my realtor for basically allowing the other realtor to change the property description on a property I bought. So I am basically out 15k because my realtor was negligent. 15k isn't enough money to go after according to my lawyer. He said it will basically be chewed up by the lawyers and it may actually cost me money to do it. So basically I am ####ed for $15k.Happy New Year!
How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :hophead:

fo shizzle said:
- This weather sucks and will only get worse (currently low 40's and rainy)- About to go into my busy time here at work.....won't let up until end of April.- The lease on my apartment is up at the end of the month and the stupid building manager hasn't gotten back to me yet on the terms of the new lease. I'd like a shorter lease so I can move but I don't know what's going on.- Wish I had more money so I could just quit today and move tomorrow.- Wish I was home right now playing on-line Omaha8, on-line monopoly and looking at adult websites.At least I got my health and a job....I guess that's something. :mellow:
You have a job and are single and arent tied down to a mortgage and wife and get to look at teh pron and play poker every night? Cry me a river.
Have a live in g/f, almost the same as being married.......Could have a mortgage, but I want to save more first.....Don't get to do the last 2 things everynight..... :bow: Never said I had it the worst......it's all relative.
I know GB just giving some perspective and making the funny.But still..I'll trade you.

How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :bow:
WHen we got to the closing, I noticed it and my realtor assured me that it was just a paperwork issue and they'd have it taken care of. Basically I trusted my realtor and got ####ed over. Lesson learned.

How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :stirspot:
WHen we got to the closing, I noticed it and my realtor assured me that it was just a paperwork issue and they'd have it taken care of. Basically I trusted my realtor and got ####ed over. Lesson learned.
I don't get it. Explain it to me like I'm a prune.However, there's ways to extract $15K worth of revenge....

I found out yesterday that I probably won't make any money if I file suit against my realtor for basically allowing the other realtor to change the property description on a property I bought. So I am basically out 15k because my realtor was negligent. 15k isn't enough money to go after according to my lawyer. He said it will basically be chewed up by the lawyers and it may actually cost me money to do it.

Happy New Year!
How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :confused:
I don't get it. Explain it to me like I'm a prune.However, there's ways to extract $15K worth of revenge....
How do you explain something to a prune?!?

Happy New Year!
How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :goodposting:
How do you explain something to a prune?!?
Prunes like parables. And alliteration.

How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :shrug:
Have you reported her to your state's real estate board? That's obviously a major ethical violation. If you report her, they'll do an investigation. On something like that, my guess would be that she would lose her license if they find her guilty. So you may not ever get your $15k back, but you could at least be satisfied somewhat if it costs her her career.

How exactly did they change the property description? Did you buy something without looking at it? :confused:
Have you reported her to your state's real estate board? That's obviously a major ethical violation. If you report her, they'll do an investigation. On something like that, my guess would be that she would lose her license if they find her guilty. So you may not ever get your $15k back, but you could at least be satisfied somewhat if it costs her her career.
You might be onto something here. I just checked my state website and will be calling tomorrow. Passive-aggressive has never been my style, but it seems to be a lot wiser than beating the #### out of the guy at this point. :thumbup: Plus, I have three years before the statute of limitations runs out and a full fledged investigation from the state might help if I decide to go scorched Earth once I get some disposable income.I really would rather just get the lot I paid for, but in lieu of that, I think causing some pain to these incompetent realtors will have to suffice. I look at it like I lost out on something I paid for. Maybe I can't be made whole, but I can certainly cause some others to feel some pain like I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
St. Louis Bob said:
St. Louis Bob said:
Thanks. Truly sorry to hear about your friends. My dad died of pancreatic cancer, which I suppose is not what I should say right now. But I'm too depressed to be more upbeat.
I'm sorry to hear that, I really am. My friend has some rare kind that the doctors don't even know how to treat. Really good guy. Has always taken care of me. Funny thing is, last year at this time he won a $110k racing car. Just sheer good luck.Plus the ####er calls me yesterday to order some stuff, asks me how everything has been. I tell him about the wife wrecking the new car, with little passion in my voice about it. As expected, he says who ####### cares, buy another one.Then he starts to #### with me about the price of the binders he needs for his business. :D
He put up a strong fight but just passed away a couple of hours ago. :( *100

My Realtor ended up going good for $1000. So there is that.

Jesus. Now I'm depressed.

Bobs story about his dog made me think of when I put mine down a few months ago. Waqs literally the hardest emotional thing I went through. I had the entire doctors office balling.

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words.

I just got back from the wake. It is still surreal. He died on his 57th birthday which I found out Tuesday night talking to my GB who's birthday was the same day.

A couple of things:

1. A lot of my GB's are about his age. The last couple of years reminds me of the end of the Soprano's when everybody was getting wacked.

2. We were getting together Tuesday night anyhow. Nobody called each other but we all heard he died. Tony had a lot of friends.

3. His business was supplying food to restaurants. He always helped, as well as sold to, the St. Ferdinand fish fry. If you are from St. Louis, you have more than likely heard of it. It is the best fried fish I have ever had. Anyhow, he was Italianed and they called him "The Codfather" when he was working which I never knew. ool

The Cubs suck.

The Bears are mediocre at best.

Liverpool sucks.

I'm gonna start watching WE with my fiancee. :D

and....my great uncle (Grandfathers brother) just died. Although I hate to see him go, this was a good thing. He went out his way.

I've been to a funeral every week for the last four weeks and one of my partner's mother is on her deathbed.

You have to be kidding me. I just found out my buddy has cancer. 53.

One of my best friends is also currently getting a biopsy for possible cancer right now too. ####.

I'm living in Memphis.
:lmao:and I found out today that one of my drivers, his wife, was just got sentenced to year to live.I'm glad I live my life the way I do.
You do it right, GBSLB or GBSB. :blackdot: When we get settled in, need to do a STL/MEM cornhole. Too many people in this area for that not to happen.
Thanks sweetheart. I don't know how Mrs. SLB would react to the proposition of a cornhole. :unsure:

I've got tickets on the 50 yard line for Saturday's Fresno State game against LA Tech. Yet Ryan Mathews is out.

:lmao:

Just finishing watching a screener of 'Precious'. Not sure whether to feel depressed that things like that happen or be thankful for my life. A little bit of both I guess so Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Two kids, a loving wife, a nice house, a good job....

And I am a depressed mess. Genuinely unhappy. Unable to truly interact with my kids or my wife. Too deep for discussion here but I am on loads of anti-depressants and cant stop feeling like I've let everyone down. Yet unable to find my happy place.

I've dealt with depression for ages and I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Two kids, a loving wife, a nice house, a good job....And I am a depressed mess. Genuinely unhappy. Unable to truly interact with my kids or my wife. Too deep for discussion here but I am on loads of anti-depressants and cant stop feeling like I've let everyone down. Yet unable to find my happy place.I've dealt with depression for ages and I wouldnt wish it on anyone.
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to respond to that. I hope it gets better for you and doesn't strain your relationship with your wife and kids. Keep your chin up.

Just got laid off for the summer(not enough printing jobs being a Printing Machine Operator), and my girlfriend dumped me today.

:confused: :yawn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out the girl I have been dating for the last 6 months had a boyfriend the whole time. She broke things off by text and won't answer her phone.

It's a percocet night.

The sausage gravy I made this morning had too much sausage and the Amaretto and Orange Juice is a tad too weak.

:sigh:

Two kids, a loving wife, a nice house, a good job....And I am a depressed mess. Genuinely unhappy. Unable to truly interact with my kids or my wife. Too deep for discussion here but I am on loads of anti-depressants and cant stop feeling like I've let everyone down. Yet unable to find my happy place.I've dealt with depression for ages and I wouldnt wish it on anyone.
:cry:

Just found out the girl I have been dating for the last 6 months had a boyfriend the whole time. She broke things off by text and won't answer her phone.

It's a percocet night.
That sucks.Any nekkid pics?

The sausage gravy I made this morning had too much sausage and the Amaretto and Orange Juice is a tad too weak.

:sigh:
The bolded part is just ridiculous. I really feel for you on the second half though.

Users who are viewing this thread