What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

FFPC Superflex Triflex (TE-premium, start 3 WR)

Not involved.

Team A gave: Justin Fields
Team B gave: Aaron Rodgers, 3.01, 2025 R3

The team that got Fields is rebuilding and has Russ Wilson already.
Seems fair to a rebuilding team, but that 3.01 and 2025 3rd could be too much for a backup QB unless he becomes the starter eventually. The jury is still out on Fields. They have be sequestered to their hotel rooms.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Christian Kirk, Michael Mayer
Got: Chris Olave

Offer came over just like that, pretty easy accept. This team previously offered Zay Flowers instead of Olave a few days ago, but I was on the fence about that one and rejected. This guy made 47 trades last season, and he's already made a dozen this season. He might have an addiction. (For all his efforts, he did win the 1.01 in the toilet bowl tournament that FFPC dynasty leagues have, but, of course, he had already traded away his high picks.)

@barackdhouse and I just pulled off a blockbuster trade in the SharkPool FFPC league:

Barack gave: 2025 4th
I gave: Alec Pierce WR IND

Classic FFPC pre-cut-down trade where he knows I’m not keeping Pierce and I’ll take a bag of chips for him.
Win win.
Pierce should be better with Minshew in Las Vegas. A-Rich if healthy should help Pierce's numbers this seems about right without the pre-cut-down situation.

@barackdhouse and I just pulled off a blockbuster trade in the SharkPool FFPC league:

Classic FFPC pre-cut-down trade where he knows I’m not keeping Pierce and I’ll take a bag of chips for him.
Win win.
Pierce should be better with Minshew in Las Vegas. A-Rich if healthy should help Pierce's numbers this seems about right without the pre-cut-down situation.
How does A-Rich throwing the ball better than Minshew? That's the part of his game that is in question and hasn't been answered yet. He may very well improve that, but it's still a HUGE question mark.

12 team QRWWWTFF

Calvin Johnson and 2.08

For

Matt Jones and 1.05
I'll take Jones and the 1.05
X2
x3, Easy! Matt Jones is junk but I got a sneaking suspicion Calvin will retire, so we're really looking at 2.08 for 1.05.

Seriously, is there another way to open a thread and go right to the most recent page besides trying to click that tiny page number my fat fingers cannot do on a phone?

Win win.
How does A-Rich throwing the ball better than Minshew? That's the part of his game that is in question and hasn't been answered yet. He may very well improve that, but it's still a HUGE question mark.
A-Rich will attack the field more vertically. And in my opinion, has a better arm than Minshew. Pierce's game is vertical or seems to be that. I think A-Rich's game fits Pierce's game better. I know Minshew was decent in the short to intermediate game but I felt he lacked in getting the ball down the field. He reminded me of Andy Dalton in that regard. It's just my opinion that getting Pierce for such a low price is not a bad thing. It might not be the best in the world but Pierce's numbers should go up this season with a guy who can stretch the field and a quarterback that can throw it deeper.

12 Team 1QB

For

How deep are the rosters?
If you trust your drafting and put in the work I can see trading the 1.8 for three 2nds. Conversely, you better have a range of players you are targeting and know one of the said players will be there.
Agreed. Normally I'd be all over that earlier pick, but all three of those 2nds are in the same tier for me so it makes it interesting.

Win win.
A-Rich will attack the field more vertically. And in my opinion, has a better arm than Minshew. Pierce's game is vertical or seems to be that. I think A-Rich's game fits Pierce's game better. I know Minshew was decent in the short to intermediate game but I felt he lacked in getting the ball down the field. He reminded me of Andy Dalton in that regard. It's just my opinion that getting Pierce for such a low price is not a bad thing. It might not be the best in the world but Pierce's numbers should go up this season with a guy who can stretch the field and a quarterback that can throw it deeper.
I agree to an extent. I liked Pierce quite a bit coming out of school but he has been pretty unimpressive. Still a chance he improves on separating but I am not seeking him out as a buy low. ARich has a lot to prove in the passing game as well as staying healthy. He can certainly launch the ball but I do question his accuracy. I think at best Pierce will be a guy who has a couple of big games but not enough where you ever trust him in a lineup.

12 team QRWWWTFF

Calvin Johnson and 2.08

For

Matt Jones and 1.05
I'll take Jones and the 1.05
X2
x3, Easy! Matt Jones is junk but I got a sneaking suspicion Calvin will retire, so we're really looking at 2.08 for 1.05.

Seriously, is there another way to open a thread and go right to the most recent page besides trying to click that tiny page number my fat fingers cannot do on a phone?
One of my better timed trades... Like 2 weeks before he retired!

On the home page there is a time stamp saying when the last post was right under the title (at least on my phone screen, says "3 minutes ago" for this thread). It's still a smaller target but bigger than the navigation arrows inside the thread. That will take you directly to the last post in the thread.

When I click a thread title it automatically takes me to the last post in that thread that I read. Works both from PC and from my phone. No need to click on the little page numbers or on the time stamp.

Win win.
Damn, he crushed you.
:oldunsure:

Championships will be won and lost because of this move. The league may crumble around us as both teams prepare to dominate for years to come.

Win win.
I thought about targeting Pierce as a cheap, hopeful 3rd year wr breakout, but then I came across his horrible separation stats. He's at the bottom, worst in the NFL level.

In a 12 team PPR dynasty league (we start 1qb) I just traded Downs for Cousins. Felt torn, I really want to see what Downs could do with a healthy Richardson, but going into this season, my QBs were Daniel Jones, Howell, Winston, and T. Hill. Brutal. So I think its safe to say I felt desperate :bag: Did I get fleeced or okay considering my QB situation? Roster below:

Cousins, D. Jones, Howell, Winston, T. Hill
Swift, Singletary, K. Miller, Gibson, Jamaal Williams
Chase, McLaurin, Godwin, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Curtis Samuel, E. Moore, Scott Tyler
Freiemuth, Mayer, Jonnu Smith
Picks 1.3, 2.3, 3.3.

In a 12 team PPR dynasty league (we start 1qb) I just traded Downs for Cousins. Felt torn, I really want to see what Downs could do with a healthy Richardson, but going into this season, my QBs were Daniel Jones, Howell, Winston, and T. Hill. Brutal. So I think its safe to say I felt desperate :bag: Did I get fleeced or okay considering my QB situation? Roster below:

Chase, McLaurin, Godwin, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Curtis Samuel, E. Moore, Scott Tyler
Picks 1.3, 2.3, 3.3.
I think you could have gotten him to add a pick for Downs.

I would have hoped to get a better QB than Cousins but you probably won't miss Downs all that much and your lineup will definitely benefit from the reliable floor Cousins should offer.

I think I'd have probably waited till later on in the off season to make this move though. I'd have needed more reliable information on Cousins recovery before attempting to buy him. And I think maybe you could have got something back with Cousins for Downs. Maybe a 3rd, something like that.

I would have hoped to get a better QB than Cousins but you probably won't miss Downs all that much and your lineup will definitely benefit from the reliable floor Cousins should offer.

I think I'd have probably waited till later on in the off season to make this move though. I'd have needed more reliable information on Cousins recovery before attempting to buy him. And I think maybe you could have got something back with Cousins for Downs. Maybe a 3rd, something like that.
This owner traded all his picks away, so unfortunately that wasn't going to happen. LIke I said, I had mixed feelings, but surely the Falcons had doctors check out Cousins before signing him to that contract...hopefully...

It's a 4 year contract, so they might not be expecting him to be full throttle right away.

It's not a terrible trade but I'd have wanted more than a 35 year old mid QB off a dirty injury to part with Downs. I'd have maybe looked into parting with Downs and another piece for someone better, younger. But appreciate that might not have been doable in your league, so if this is the best you could have got then it was necessary to some degree.

I'd expect one of the top 3 QB's to be available to you at 2.03 and I think I'd rather have kept Downs and used that pick on one of them than traded for Cousins.

It's a 4 year contract, so they might not be expecting him to be full throttle right away.

It's not a terrible trade but I'd have wanted more than a 35 year old mid QB off a dirty injury to part with Downs. I'd have maybe looked into parting with Downs and another piece for someone better, younger. But appreciate that might not have been doable in your league, so if this is the best you could have got then it was necessary to some degree.

I'd expect one of the top 3 QB's to be available to you at 2.03 and I think I'd rather have kept Downs and used that pick on one of them than traded for Cousins.
And for sure that was on my radar, but my RB stable is also pretty weak, so this I thought would give me flexibility to take a RB at 2.3 and then QB in the 3rd (a few years ago in this same league I got Jordan Love with the 3.12 for example, wish I never traded him away lol, but QBs do tend to fall.)

a few years ago in this same league I got Jordan Love with the 3.12 for example, wish I never traded him away lol, but QBs do tend to fall.)
I was going to suggest this might occur. If there aren't so many QB needy teams its not inconceivable that Maye is there at the back of the 2nd and the cost to move up to get him shouldn't be beyond you.

Win win.
Damn, he crushed you.
:oldunsure:

Championships will be won and lost because of this move. The league may crumble around us as both teams prepare to dominate for years to come.
Old school FF guys know how this works.

House -> in full view of wife & kids -> face punch

Open handed slap is also acceptable.

Optional: leaving with wife, but please note this must be consensual.

I thought about targeting Pierce as a cheap, hopeful 3rd year wr breakout, but then I came across his horrible separation stats. He's at the bottom, worst in the NFL level.
I have Alec Pierce in a half dozen or so FFPC leagues and he is clearly on my cut list in all of them. He's the definition of a roster clogger. If I could get a 4th for him, I'd be thrilled.
I drafted Pierce in that league, I hate to say.

I knew he was raw coming into the league but sure not seeing enough growth. Surprised as well someone gave up a pick for him and wants to roster him.

I have Alec Pierce in a half dozen or so FFPC leagues and he is clearly on my cut list in all of them. He's the definition of a roster clogger. If I could get a 4th for him, I'd be thrilled.

I knew he was raw coming into the league but sure not seeing enough growth. Surprised as well someone gave up a pick for him and wants to roster him.
yeah that was me and I'm just joshing around at the end of my roster. i don't care about 4th rounders enough to not at least see what happens with Richardson. I saw enough flashes to mess around. if he makes my september roster is another question i suppose

Picks 1.3, 2.3, 3.3.
You don't think you could have got a QB with that 2.3? I'd have held onto Downs myself, worked on getting a QB later.

To me Downs future depends on how healthy his knee is but I'd point out that I had him and Tank Dell on the same team last year and before Downs knee issue flared up I had Downs slightly ahead of Tank.

yeah that was me and I'm just joshing around at the end of my roster. i don't care about 4th rounders enough to not at least see what happens with Richardson. I saw enough flashes to mess around. if he makes my september roster is another question i suppose
also trying to grease the trade wheels in our league lol

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave 1.10, 2025 2nd
I got Kittle, Deebo

FFPC TriFlex

I gave 1.09, Abanikanda
I got Levis, 2025 3rd
I'd rather have the picks in the 1st trade. I'd rather have the 1.09 over Levis in the 2nd. I'm not so sure Kittle and Deebo are that great of assets any .longer. As a UK fan I was anti-Levis from the get go and still am.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave 1.10, 2025 2nd
I got Kittle, Deebo

FFPC TriFlex

I gave 1.09, Abanikanda
I got Levis, 2025 3rd
I mean, they’re not Alec Pierce Blockbuster Trades, but I like what you’ve done :)

Assuming the first league is very Win Now, and the 2nd makes sense in Triflex especially.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave 1.10, 2025 2nd
I got Kittle, Deebo

FFPC TriFlex

I gave 1.09, Abanikanda
I got Levis, 2025 3rd
I mean, they’re not Alec Pierce Blockbuster Trades, but I like what you’ve done :)

Assuming the first league is very Win Now, and the 2nd makes sense in Triflex especially.
and with the Bears being just unbelievably stupid with Fields, my QB spots on several rosters is less than ideal.

FFPC TriFlex

I gave 1.09, Abanikanda
I got Levis, 2025 3rd
and then I followed that up today with:

I gave 2.08, 2025 2nd
I got Minshew

So now in this TriFlex league, at QB I have... Levis and Minshew. And mmmmaybe Geno. Still hold 1.05, 1.07 and 1.08 though and the rest of my roster is very strong going into year 2 of this league. So first ever rookie draft coming up. Yay!

FFPC 1 QB

Offer came over just like that, pretty easy accept. This team previously offered Zay Flowers instead of Olave a few days ago, but I was on the fence about that one and rejected. This guy made 47 trades last season, and he's already made a dozen this season. He might have an addiction. (For all his efforts, he did win the 1.01 in the toilet bowl tournament that FFPC dynasty leagues have, but, of course, he had already traded away his high picks.)
Definitely an easy accept

Not involved, other than jealousy and regret in not knowing a new owner was in the league and open for business.

FFPC 1QB

New owner (middle of pack team)
Gives
Williams, Kyren

Gets
Kupp, Cooper
2024 3.02
2025 R3

Oy

FFPC 1 QB

Same guy who traded away Olave:

Gave: Zay Flowers
Got: Zamir White, 2.01, 3.01

Gave: 2.01
Got: Gus Edwards

So the net was Flowers for Zamir, Gus, 3.01. :shrug:

FFPC 1 QB

I don’t think Gus Edwards is worth anything close to the 2.01

FFPC 1 QB

The Chargers GM called Edwards a bell cow, and that team literally overpaid for Gus a few hours later.

FFPC 1 QB

The Chargers GM called Edwards a bell cow, and that team literally overpaid for Gus a few hours later.
What do you think Gus is really? I happen to think someone better is available with that pick, but all that matters is what you think.

FFPC 1 QB

When I saw you post the trade my first thought was they heard what Hortiz said and believe every word of it. Maybe they are right but I'm no where close to paying 2.1 for Gus.

Last edited:
FFPC 1 QB

What do you think Gus is really? I happen to think someone better is available with that pick, but all that matters is what you think.

I wasn't involved in that trade of Gus for 2.01. My guess is the guy who got the 2.01 was ecstatic.

My general feeling is that I will refuse to trade for RBs pre-NFL draft whose value could take a massive hit by what happens in the draft. The 2.01 should yield a pretty decent player this year. Not to mention that, in FFPC, you have to cut your roster down next weekend, and you just added another roster spot in Gus. Most I would have given up is a late 2nd, but I'm not going to trade for an almost 29-year-old RB who almost certainly will be competing against one or more rookies.

FFPC rules, one QB, not involved, both trades today.

Trade 1:

Team A gave: Herbert, 3.2 and a 2025 second(likely late)

Team B gave: 1.9

Trade 2:

Team that got the 1.9, we'll call them Team A again, then did this:

Team A gave: 1.2, 1.9

Team C gave: Kyle Pitts and 1.4.

Total for Team A is Herbert, 1.2, 3.2 and a 2025#2 for 1.4 and Kyle Pitts.

I thought Team A smoked it, but both trades surprised me just because of what I know about the league's history, especially the Herbert trade.

FFPC 1 QB

Definitely an easy accept
I go to bed every night hoping to wake up to offers like that.

It never happens to me. When it does imma write it up like one of those old Dear Penthouse letters.

Users who are viewing this thread