What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (3 Viewers)

It looks like it's pretty close to unanimous disagreement with my assessment.Thanks everybody for the feedback. 

Imo this time next year Goff will be untouchable. I think he's a top 5 QB on the best best offense in football with the best offensive mind in football in Sean Mcvay. They added Cooks who is an improvement. In Goff's final eight games he threw for 2025 yards 21 TDs and 3 INTs with four 300 yard games. Forgive my math if its off I'm driving and trying to add lolol.

If he hits his ceiling and throws for 4500 yards and 38-43 TDs this year is he the #1 QB in dynasty moving forward?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it's pretty close to unanimous disagreement with my assessment.Thanks everybody for the feedback. 

Imo this time next year Goff will be untouchable. I think he's a top 5 QB on the best best offense in football with the best offensive mind in football in Sean Mcvay. They added Cooks who is an improvement. In Goff's final eight games he threw for 2025 yards 21 TDs and 3 INTs with four 300 yard games. Forgive my math if its off I'm driving and trying to add lolol.

If he hits his ceiling and throws for 4500 yards and 38-43 TDs this year is he the #1 QB in dynasty moving forward?
With a big year, Goff could get in conversation of top 5 dynasty QBs, but doubt he ever reaches top spot. The offense runs through Gurley, and their defense is stout.

Even if Goff blows up, I doubt he commands a first rounder in 1 QB leagues. Not enough buyers out there; most people are satisfied with their QB.

If he strings together a few top 5 years, like Rodgers, then maybe he gets a first round tag. That’s a long way off.

I didn’t factor Cobb in this. He may have a good year, but he has not been able to stay healthy for a while, and I’m not interested in him as a multi-year asset.

Wrong. In his last 8 games, he threw for 1774 yards, 15 TDs, and 3 interceptions, with 3 300-yard games (but also two sub-200 yard games). Projecting to 3548/30/6 over 16 games. Roughly equivalent to what he did last season (3804/28/7).

I don't view Goff as a top 5 dynasty QB, but I give you credit for making a bold call on that and pushing your chips in on it in a trade.

QWWWRRTFD

1 PPR

6 pts all TDs

Team A gives 2018 1.10 + Trent Taylor + Curtis Samuel

Team B gives Cobb + Goff
Goff alone was traded for the 2.02 in one of my leagues and that was 4pts for passing TDs. I think most people will take the 1st just because of rookie love, but looks pretty even to me.

QWWWRRTFD

1 PPR

6 pts all TDs

Team A gives 2018 1.10 + Trent Taylor + Curtis Samuel

Team B gives Cobb + Goff
I've thought about this trade since it was posted, and I like Goff here too. Cobb is still super young and Goff could be near the top when the next shift in QBs happens here over the next year or two. 

Trent Taylor I don't think is anything more than the 3rd or 4th WR on the 49ers at best. Samuel may not even make the team for Carolina, or if he does he's buried as the WR4/5 and is 7th in the pecking order. 

I own Sutton, so would I trade him for Cobb and Goff? No, that's not my direction of my team, but if I had a pretty solid team that just made it deep into the playoffs, very possible that Cobb and Goff could set me up for more success whereas Sutton is more of a long term project. It definitely depends on the strengths of the team, but Cobb can help today (as can Goff). Sutton may not help until 2019 or 2020. 

10-team PPR.

Gave Thielen 

Got Fitzgerald + 2019 1st (likely mid, in the 1.03-1.06 range)

Was already deep at WR so wasn't too concerned with that downgrade there.  

Guess I'm the only one on the Goff side. I traded him away myself recently too in PPR dynasty. I got Keenan Allen for Goff & K. Benjamin.
No offense, but your deal is zero indication of market value. You traded two double digit startup values for a late 2nd/early 3rd. 

No offense, but your deal is zero indication of market value. You traded two double digit startup values for a late 2nd/early 3rd. 
Real world trades are market value, sir. Obviously, not every league will have the same deals go down. Markets vary. My market was my deal. FWIW, the Allen owner came to me with the deal.

Real world trades are market value, sir. Obviously, not every league will have the same deals go down. Markets vary. My market was my deal. FWIW, the Allen owner came to me with the deal.
Well, they contribute to the overall "market" but one individual trade can still be an outlier as compared to the "market value".

Obviously you aren't going to turn down a sweet offer that comes to you out of the blue - but that deal is horrific even if Goff does become a perennial top 5 QB (and that's far from a given).

Guess I'm the only one on the Goff side. I traded him away myself recently too in PPR dynasty. I got Keenan Allen for Goff & K. Benjamin.
As a few others have said that's an outlier and while it was your market in that league it's not a baseline for setting market value of Goff in another league.

I can honestly say if a news update just broke that Allen had tore an ACL while being caught on video abusing his wife/spouse I'd still prefer the Allen side.

Well, they contribute to the overall "market" but one individual trade can still be an outlier as compared to the "market value".

Obviously you aren't going to turn down a sweet offer that comes to you out of the blue - but that deal is horrific even if Goff does become a perennial top 5 QB (and that's far from a given).
Certainly not horrific is Goff becomes the next Rodgers or Wentz. So we can agree to disagree. As I said, your market may vary. Have fun arguing about it, though!

Certainly not horrific is Goff becomes the next Rodgers or Wentz. So we can agree to disagree. As I said, your market may vary. Have fun arguing about it, though!
That’s a big if, and would still be a bad trade 

Rodgers/Wentz and KB is not nearly enough for Keenan in 1 QB leagues.

Assuming it is a 1 qb league, an ffpc example. Goff was not protected last year (12 players each keep 14 position players) so he was in the free agency pool, I was somewhat needy at QB as I only have Derek Carr so I drafted Goff but I got him in the mid 3rd rd of the rookie draft. So best case in FFPC he is worth like a 3rd rd pick.

Assuming it is a 1 qb league, an ffpc example. Goff was not protected last year (12 players each keep 14 position players) so he was in the free agency pool, I was somewhat needy at QB as I only have Derek Carr so I drafted Goff but I got him in the mid 3rd rd of the rookie draft. So best case in FFPC he is worth like a 3rd rd pick.
In one of my FFPC leagues, right before March cuts, I sold Goff for 2.7.

Wrong. In his last 8 games, he threw for 1774 yards, 15 TDs, and 3 interceptions, with 3 300-yard games (but also two sub-200 yard games). Projecting to 3548/30/6 over 16 games. Roughly equivalent to what he did last season (3804/28/7).

I don't view Goff as a top 5 dynasty QB, but I give you credit for making a bold call on that and pushing your chips in on it in a trade.
Sorry im still getting more yards than you got. They held him out of the last game. Admittedly i was using his last 8 regular season games played. Plus the seattle game they jumped on seattle early and took the pedal off the gas. If you take his last 8 regular season games played it prorates out to a 4170 yards 38 TDs and 6 INTs. With four 300 yard games. You could add the playoff game and take away one of his best games and he should still prorate out to over 4000 yards and 35 Tds......

He's a huge buy for me. 

I've thought about this trade since it was posted, and I like Goff here too. Cobb is still super young and Goff could be near the top when the next shift in QBs happens here over the next year or two. 

Trent Taylor I don't think is anything more than the 3rd or 4th WR on the 49ers at best. Samuel may not even make the team for Carolina, or if he does he's buried as the WR4/5 and is 7th in the pecking order. 

I own Sutton, so would I trade him for Cobb and Goff? No, that's not my direction of my team, but if I had a pretty solid team that just made it deep into the playoffs, very possible that Cobb and Goff could set me up for more success whereas Sutton is more of a long term project. It definitely depends on the strengths of the team, but Cobb can help today (as can Goff). Sutton may not help until 2019 or 2020. 
Yeah it's def a win now team.

I get the hate on it. The market is getting saturated but there has been recent QB success that has won people their leagues. Cam, Wilson, Rodgers have all had monster years recently. 

I didn’t factor Cobb in this. He may have a good year, but he has not been able to stay healthy for a while, and I’m not interested in him as a multi-year asset.
He’s played 16-16-13-15 games the past 4 years. He's only 28. Your thoughts on him are not unique that's why i went after him. With Jordy gone he's the clear #2 for Aaron Rodgers and his most trusted receiver. Historically Aaron Rodgers #2 WR has done very well. 

Sorry im still getting more yards than you got. They held him out of the last game. Admittedly i was using his last 8 regular season games played. Plus the seattle game they jumped on seattle early and took the pedal off the gas. If you take his last 8 regular season games played it prorates out to a 4170 yards 38 TDs and 6 INTs. With four 300 yard games. You could add the playoff game and take away one of his best games and he should still prorate out to over 4000 yards and 35 Tds......

He's a huge buy for me. 
You are right. I counted the second half of the season, which was only 7 games. 

Of course, you are ignoring his playoff game, which doesn’t fit your narrative...

He’s played 16-16-13-15 games the past 4 years. He's only 28. Your thoughts on him are not unique that's why i went after him. With Jordy gone he's the clear #2 for Aaron Rodgers and his most trusted receiver. Historically Aaron Rodgers #2 WR has done very well. 
Thanks. Made me look. Push it back to 2013 and it’s 6-16-16-13-15.

His WR ranks those years: 62-6-31-58-41

I also like GB WR2 and Cobb could see a mini-revival, but he seems more like a roster clogger at this point.

You are right. I counted the second half of the season, which was only 7 games. 

Of course, you are ignoring his playoff game, which doesn’t fit your narrative...
I mentioned it and told you that you could put it in there. You are also ignoring the 120 yard game against Seattle that was over halfway through the second quarter where Goff only threw for 120 yards I think. If that's a competitive game he throws for over 200 yards easy. They were eating seattle up. 

Look you can ignore it if you want or you can say he sucks and is going to regress. To me Goff is an ascending player who is going to improve. Sean Mcvay is going to give him more rope plus he has Cooks now. 

This is your last chance to get him for cheap and this draft is a great draft to use your picks to grab him. 

Thanks. Made me look. Push it back to 2013 and it’s 6-16-16-13-15.

His WR ranks those years: 62-6-31-58-41

I also like GB WR2 and Cobb could see a mini-revival, but he seems more like a roster clogger at this point.
Yeah now it's just a matter of watching what happens. His last 8 games not including playoffs look really good. 

I'm asking here because I don't follow GB that closely, but is he really Rodgers' #2 WR or is he a slot guy that will kind of always default to #3?  He looked like the #1 receiver heading into 2015 and he ended up being in basically a 3-way target split with a couple of guys that looked like they were worthless (James Jones coming back from his bad year in Oakland and a way underperforming DaVante Adams).

Then he looked like he should have been the #2 in 2016 and he ended up the distant #3 behind Adams, who headed into the year had been written off as a huge bust.

I mentioned it and told you that you could put it in there. You are also ignoring the 120 yard game against Seattle that was over halfway through the second quarter where Goff only threw for 120 yards I think. If that's a competitive game he throws for over 200 yards easy. They were eating seattle up. 

Look you can ignore it if you want or you can say he sucks and is going to regress. To me Goff is an ascending player who is going to improve. Sean Mcvay is going to give him more rope plus he has Cooks now. 

This is your last chance to get him for cheap and this draft is a great draft to use your picks to grab him. 
This last point is a head scratcher to me, as this class is quite possibly class I've seen in 15 years of dynasty going in to August. Things can change and a year from now all these guys might have proven to be busts, sure. But I still wouldn't expect someone looking at this class to say, "dump the late 1sts, they are worth less than in prior years." A historically strong RB draft (not just for draft positioning and landing) coupled with several lower-floor WRs and the late 1st this year nets a typical 1.5/1.6 in my book.

If you like Cobb and Goff that much than you got a great deal, I just do not see Cobb finishing much better than WR40ish, which in my opinion even on a win-now team isn't worth sacrificing an upside prospect. I don't think you're wrong for making the deal, just not a deal I would have made. 

And I like Goff, as a Cooks owner/fan I am excited that Cooks inked the deal.

I'm asking here because I don't follow GB that closely, but is he really Rodgers' #2 WR or is he a slot guy that will kind of always default to #3?  He looked like the #1 receiver heading into 2015 and he ended up being in basically a 3-way target split with a couple of guys that looked like they were worthless (James Jones coming back from his bad year in Oakland and a way underperforming DaVante Adams).

Then he looked like he should have been the #2 in 2016 and he ended up the distant #3 behind Adams, who headed into the year had been written off as a huge bust.
This is Cobbs last 10 games where he started and Aaron Rodgers played the entire game. 

3 - 84 - 0

6 - 41 - 0

3 - 19 - 1

5 - 116 - 3

7 - 62 - 0

6 - 82 - 0

4 - 29 - 0

4 - 44 - 1

6 - 60 - 0

9 - 85 - 0 

5.3 catches a game

62.2 yards a game

.5 TD's a game

Comes out to 85-995-8 over a season.

232.32 point season pace with Jordy. Now Jordy is gone. He was quietly doing it already. That's why I'm high on him now. 

This last point is a head scratcher to me, as this class is quite possibly class I've seen in 15 years of dynasty going in to August. Things can change and a year from now all these guys might have proven to be busts, sure. But I still wouldn't expect someone looking at this class to say, "dump the late 1sts, they are worth less than in prior years." A historically strong RB draft (not just for draft positioning and landing) coupled with several lower-floor WRs and the late 1st this year nets a typical 1.5/1.6 in my book.

If you like Cobb and Goff that much than you got a great deal, I just do not see Cobb finishing much better than WR40ish, which in my opinion even on a win-now team isn't worth sacrificing an upside prospect. I don't think you're wrong for making the deal, just not a deal I would have made. 

And I like Goff, as a Cooks owner/fan I am excited that Cooks inked the deal.
Yeah I'm on record saying i don't like this draft much. I'm sure a player or two will come out of nowhere like Keenan Allen but i don't see any David Johnson level prospects running under the radar that I'm in love with. The 3 prospects I like are either going #1 overall or in bad situations. So I'm dumping my picks this year. 

Terrible. I’m sure the rest of your league-mates are thrilled.
That trade was terrible but I get my trades called terrible all the time (as in I ripped the other guy off) and most of the time they blow up in my face.  Traded 1.6 and 1.10 for Parker and Ajayi in 2016 everyone and their brother on here said I won the trade big and I 100% would have drafted Michael Thomas at the 1.10 doesn't even matter who I would taken at the 1.6 because Thomas is 1000% more value then Parker and Ajayi combined right now.

Also got told I ripped some guy off when I gave up the farm for Trent Richardson after I got traded to Indy ya we know how that worked out!

So my point is you never know. 

That trade was terrible but I get my trades called terrible all the time (as in I ripped the other guy off) and most of the time they blow up in my face.  Traded 1.6 and 1.10 for Parker and Ajayi in 2016 everyone and their brother on here said I won the trade big and I 100% would have drafted Michael Thomas at the 1.10 doesn't even matter who I would taken at the 1.6 because Thomas is 1000% more value then Parker and Ajayi combined right now.
Haha, I remember participating in that argument.

IMO people are obsessing over this RB crop because of last year. Honestly, there are 2, maybe 3 RBs that are any good in this draft. the rest are a crap shoot and being way over drafted. people saw last years rookie RBs explode so this year we see a hangover from that. I will say that the WR crop is above average and those late 1sts are getting great deals. I think the best value is at 2.1-2.3

Also got told I ripped some guy off when I gave up the farm for Trent Richardson after I got traded to Indy ya we know how that worked out!

So my point is you never know. 
You’re taking to a TRich victim/survivor so yeah I get your point. ?

IMO people are obsessing over this RB crop because of last year.
Yea I think this years RB class is overrated in part due to last year's crop but also what they offer in the passing game.  I think there are some really good looking rushers in this draft but it's light on 3 down skill set RB's, light on accomplished receiving RB's other than Barkley. Last year I had a high degree of confidence that CMC, Mixon, Cook, Kamara  and Hunt (aka the top 6 RB's except Fournette) had ability to be high volume pass catching RB's in year one if called upon and that gave them higher floors and an overall higher comfort level. Except for Barkley I'm not feeling great about relying on any of the Big 8 to offer a lot of productivity in the passing game next year. A good amount of them have talent to grow in the receiving game but I'm either not seeing as part of their game now and than add to that a few of them got paired with really big time pass catching RB's. 

People say next years RB class is not that great. I see the 3 down skill set of David Montgomery and Rodney Anderson and think to myself if they were in this draft they'd have both vied for RB2 for me.

Yea I think this years RB class is overrated in part due to last year's crop but also what they offer in the passing game.  I think there are some really good looking rushers in this draft but it's light on 3 down skill set RB's, light on accomplished receiving RB's other than Barkley. Last year I had a high degree of confidence that CMC, Mixon, Cook, Kamara  and Hunt (aka the top 6 RB's except Fournette) had ability to be high volume pass catching RB's in year one if called upon and that gave them higher floors and an overall higher comfort level. Except for Barkley I'm not feeling great about relying on any of the Big 8 to offer a lot of productivity in the passing game next year. A good amount of them have talent to grow in the receiving game but I'm either not seeing as part of their game now and than add to that a few of them got paired with really big time pass catching RB's. 

People say next years RB class is not that great. I see the 3 down skill set of David Montgomery and Rodney Anderson and think to myself if they were in this draft they'd have both vied for RB2 for me.
next years class looks excellent 

16 TM PPR QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, Flex

Gave: 1.14, Foreman

Got: Will Fuller
I will go with the 1.14 and Foreman...in a 16 team league that 1.14 is valuable and while still an unknown and coming off an injury Foreman still has a lot of upside...Fuller is Ok but I would rather use that 1.14 on a bigger fish if I am going to deal it...

In May made this trade (Needed a true WR-1)

Gave.  Cooper Kupp and Derick Henry

Got. Devante Adams

In June made 2 trades

Gave.  Crabtree and late 2nd Rookie 2018

Got.  Marvin Jones

another trade

Gave.  Todd Gurley

Got.  Lev Bell and Brady

Going for the Gold this year 

Got. Devante Adams

In June made 2 trades

Got.  Marvin Jones

another trade

Gave.  Todd Gurley

Got.  Lev Bell and Brady

Adams by a lot (though that's easier to say now as Henry's value has dipped since May and Adams' has risen).

Marvin by a lot.

Gurley by a lot.

Adams by a lot (though that's easier to say now as Henry's value has dipped since May and Adams' has risen).

Marvin by a lot.

Gurley by a lot.

I may agree that Gurley long term is better based on age however they are only ranked a couple spots away from each other in ppr.  So Brady was a throw in and I own Gronk.   Only time will tell but like I said trying to win the league this year

Got. Devante Adams

In June made 2 trades

Got.  Marvin Jones

another trade

Gave.  Todd Gurley

Got.  Lev Bell and Brady

I like the first two for you by a good margin. The third is a closer and I’d prefer Gurley, but knowing you have the Gronk/Brady hookup is appealing. You need to pray Bell stays in Pitt.

Got. Devante Adams

In June made 2 trades

Got.  Marvin Jones

another trade

Gave.  Todd Gurley

Got.  Lev Bell and Brady

I like the first two for you by a good margin. The third is a closer and I’d prefer Gurley, but knowing you have the Gronk/Brady hookup is appealing. You need to pray Bell stays in Pitt.

Got. Devante Adams

In June made 2 trades

Got.  Marvin Jones

another trade

Gave.  Todd Gurley

Got.  Lev Bell and Brady

As much as I like Henry and see him gobbling TDs this year, the first one you gave a rb2 and a wr2/3 for a wr 1. that's a win. Adams' I like as a 8-12th best wr this year 

trade 2 is Jones by a lot

trade 3 is Gurley by a lot

Users who are viewing this thread