What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

slackjawedyokel said:
A few from the last day or two:

16 team PPR Salary Cap

A: Received Jay Ajayi (8%) and Derrick Henry (12%)

B: Received 2019 1st (mid, 5%), 2020 1st (unknown)

16 team PPR Salary Cap

A: Received Mike Williams (5%) 

B: Received 2019 1st (mid-late, 3%)

16 team PPR Salary Cap

A: Received Joe Mixon (7%) 

B: Received Keenan Allen (6%)

16 team PPR Salary Cap

A: Received Jordan Howard (17%) 

B: Received 2018 1.10 (3%)

16 team PPR Salary Cap

A: Received Corey Davis (6%) and Christian McCaffrey (7%) 

B: Received David Johnson (4%)

16 team PPR Salary Cap

A: Received 2018 1.14 (2%)

B: Received 2019 1st (high-mid, 5%)
*I dont play cap leagues, but he bolded are my picks

FFPC

Team A gave A.Collins & C.Ridley

Team B gave Chubb (dropped J.Jackson)
I am a chubb fan, but I think this is fair right now

Really? Miller, easily.
Guy really wanted a RB to pair with his RB1. Been on and off dealing since our draft earlier this year. 

One downside is that it pretty much guts my RBs if Aaron Jones doesn't work out and I'm overly invested in rookie WRs from this last draft... I have 4 of the top 6 now, but the 4 that I absolutely like. 

Gesicki by a ton.
You a McKinnon believer?  I realize 1.5 for TE and the mans a Sparq warrior but damn he's throwing in a draft pick too  I mean yeah I would figure SF really likes Jerick but they almost have to love Brieda to let Hyde walk

I really do dislike cherry picking but last Seasons Jaguars game results where sure interesting  Think Brieda put Fournette to shame on fewer carries against a stringier Defense 

12 team normal ppr

1/2/3/1/3 flex

Team A gets Nuk, Hyde

Team B gets Gurley, R. Anderson
wow this is a pretty nice trade, big names. I'll take Team B for a couple of reasons:

1. Nuk regressing slightly (see player spotlight)

2. Anderson has more upside than Hyde IMO for the long term. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You a McKinnon believer?  I realize 1.5 for TE and the mans a Sparq warrior but damn he's throwing in a draft pick too  I mean yeah I would figure SF really likes Jerick but they almost have to love Brieda to let Hyde walk

I really do dislike cherry picking but last Seasons Jaguars game results where sure interesting  Think Brieda put Fournette to shame on fewer carries against a stringier Defense 
Not at all. In fact, I think McKinnon is the most overvalued player right now in fantasy.  I just don't view any of them in SF as special talents.

Gesicki COULD be. So with 1.5 PPR for TE, he's the easy play for me. And he's more than a SPARQ warrior, IMO, but time will tell.

10 team Superflex, non PPR with 0.5 pt per first down rushing/receiving

Team A gave RB Freeman
Team B gave QB Smith

Team A is a Redskins fan but, more importantly, had Winston as his only startable QB, meaning he didn't have a startable QB in weeks 1-3. Because it is a Superflex league with favorable QB scoring, QBs are gold, and there are 41 rostered prior to this year's rookie draft. So no useful vets are available.

Also of possible interest, I happen to know that Team A offered 2018 pick 1.4 for Smith initially, so Team B apparently preferred Freeman. Given this is a Superflex league combined with the rosters of the teams, I know 1.1 will be Barkley and expect 1.2 and 1.3 will be QBs... which means Team B chose Freeman over RB2 and QB3 (and WR1 and TE1) in this draft.

ETA: I am not involved.

Not at all. In fact, I think McKinnon is the most overvalued player right now in fantasy.  I just don't view any of them in SF as special talents.

Gesicki COULD be. So with 1.5 PPR for TE, he's the easy play for me. And he's more than a SPARQ warrior, IMO, but time will tell.
my bad  I do understand theres an angle of opportunity to land what could be a real asset thus making a team who they are  (ex. Gronk owner!)  But to be honest I may be overestimating where one would need to draft Gesicki  (I realize RB for RB is kinda bad trading)  Would you personally in that League be happy to offer Brieda and a 3rd to acquire say, Kerryon Johnson

For the record on a side note I drafted McKinnon solely because of the SPARQ rating  Whats worse I was just glancing a bit more on Brieda (yeah I drafted him last Season) and noticed that his scores where pretty good (42in vert)  

12 tm PPR

A got: Thielen, Agholor, D.Walker, M.Andrews

B got: Engram, Sutton, Hurns, Ty. Williams
I will take Team B (Disclosure: I own both Engram and Sutton)

What team A got, I'm only really interested in Thielen, IMO Thielen + Agholor = Sutton + Engram, and I'd rather have Sutton + Engram long term and don't think I'd trade those 2 for Thielen/Agholor. The rest of the players I couldn't care less about. Hurns might have some value but I am not big on him. Walker is solid, but getting older.

I can see why each team would want to do this deal. Team A might be more wanting to win now, whereas team B wants to rebuild a bit. In 3 years this deal will look much more lopsided IMO

I will take Team B (Disclosure: I own both Engram and Sutton)

What team A got, I'm only really interested in Thielen, IMO Thielen + Agholor = Sutton + Engram, and I'd rather have Sutton + Engram long term and don't think I'd trade those 2 for Thielen/Agholor. The rest of the players I couldn't care less about. Hurns might have some value but I am not big on him. Walker is solid, but getting older.

I can see why each team would want to do this deal. Team A might be more wanting to win now, whereas team B wants to rebuild a bit. In 3 years this deal will look much more lopsided IMO
I was team A.  I have Kelce at TE and don't value Engram as highly as others (with a healthy OBJ, Shepard, now Barkley, etc I think his production goes down, not to mention Eli is getting older and less productive).  I think Sutton = Agholor and don't think I'm losing anything there.  The other guys don't move the needle much although Walker is a solid backup TE for a few years.  I can now start AB, Cooks, T.Hill and Thielen at WR which is an upgrade for my team.  With Agholor and Hogan as backups.  But I understand those liking the younger guys as well...

I was team A.  I have Kelce at TE and don't value Engram as highly as others (with a healthy OBJ, Shepard, now Barkley, etc I think his production goes down, not to mention Eli is getting older and less productive).  I think Sutton = Agholor and don't think I'm losing anything there.  The other guys don't move the needle much although Walker is a solid backup TE for a few years.  I can now start AB, Cooks, T.Hill and Thielen at WR which is an upgrade for my team.  With Agholor and Hogan as backups.  But I understand those liking the younger guys as well...
I'm in a rebuild mindset personally. I think Sutton could be a WR1 in 2-3 years easily. But many disagree. He could very well be the next Agholor. Opinions vary on Engram as well. 

I definitely think you dealt from depth to strengthen yourself at WR considerably. Seeing your roster, I would like this trade if I had your team. Very solid

Big trade, 1 ppr dynasty 

barkley and lamar miller

for

kamara and r. Penny 
I'll go against the grain and say Barkley. We know what Kamara is likely to do. As documented in the Barkley thread, Barkley's ceiling is Marshall faulk like performance (33 fantasy points per game at his best), where someone like Zeke is at around 23. Those 10 points are a big difference. Even if we put Kamara at Zeke's level, Penny and Miller could potentially be a wash if Penny busts, which so far he has been underwhelming compared to Carson. Of course, Barkley's ceiling could be equal to Kamara. In that case the answer to this trade is obvious.

As someone who is on the side of Barkley being a generational talent, and Penny being a 1st round bust, I will go with Barkley on this. And I hate Lamar Miller this year (though recent reports are forcing me to reconsider) 

I'll go against the grain and say Barkley. We know what Kamara is likely to do. As documented in the Barkley thread, Barkley's ceiling is Marshall faulk like performance (33 fantasy points per game at his best), where someone like Zeke is at around 23. Those 10 points are a big difference. Even if we put Kamara at Zeke's level, Penny and Miller could potentially be a wash if Penny busts, which so far he has been underwhelming compared to Carson. Of course, Barkley's ceiling could be equal to Kamara. In that case the answer to this trade is obvious.

As someone who is on the side of Barkley being a generational talent, and Penny being a 1st round bust, I will go with Barkley on this. And I hate Lamar Miller this year (though recent reports are forcing me to reconsider) 
I guess 33 PPG is a theoretical ceiling, but odds of Barkley (or any modern player) getting there seem extremely long. 

Last season, LeVeon had 406 touches in 15 games. He caught 85 passes. He still averaged only 23 PPG in PPR. Unless you're projecting Barkley to score 30 TDs, he's not going to get to 33 PPG. 

I guess 33 PPG is a theoretical ceiling, but odds of Barkley (or any modern player) getting there seem extremely long. 

Last season, LeVeon had 406 touches in 15 games. He caught 85 passes. He still averaged only 23 PPG in PPR. Unless you're projecting Barkley to score 30 TDs, he's not going to get to 33 PPG. 
I don't see Barkley performing like Bell 2017. his ceiling is higher than that, but only time will tell if he really is that good. I imagine the guy trading for Barkley would believe that too if he gave up so much 

Big trade, 1 ppr dynasty 

barkley and lamar miller

for

kamara and r. Penny 
This is Barkley for me.  I may have thought otherwise a few weeks ago, but Penny is dropping like a stone for me and not just due to the Carson news.  I drafted him in three leagues and sold him in all three before that started hitting headlines.  I like the player, HATE the situation he's facing for the next couple years.  Seattle is going in reverse, big time.  Brian Schottenheimer is like the Jeff Fisher of OC's.

Barkley is the 1st or 2nd most valuable dynasty asset in my book.  It's either him or Gurley.  I love me some Kamara, but his 2017 efficiency is the ceiling.

Give me Saquon.

I took he used the Faulk comp and 33 PPG because if you round up Faulks PPR PPG production in 2000 that's what he did but you are right in that it's a ceiling that would take a 30 TD or 30 TD per game pace to pull off.  Even the year LT scored 31 TD's he was a shade under 30.

Ironic thing is @Dr. Dan  used Faulk for the Barkley comp and that's who Payton said Kamara reminded him of last year. Barkley reminds me more of LT, who had a few 25+ PPG seasons.

As for the trade it's really close, could see either side, but I lean on Barkley side.

12 team TE Prem PPR

1/1/2/1/4x Flex

Sent Ridley

Got '19 1st, '19 2nd likely early to mid
Ridley is usually going late round 1, so to swap a late 1st for at worst a mid 1st and 2nd is great. that '19 first will be a better prospect than Ridley

menobrown said:
I took he used the Faulk comp and 33 PPG because if you round up Faulks PPR PPG production in 2000 that's what he did but you are right in that it's a ceiling that would take a 30 TD or 30 TD per game pace to pull off.  Even the year LT scored 31 TD's he was a shade under 30.

Ironic thing is @Dr. Dan  used Faulk for the Barkley comp and that's who Payton said Kamara reminded him of last year. Barkley reminds me more of LT, who had a few 25+ PPG seasons.

As for the trade it's really close, could see either side, but I lean on Barkley side.
Yeah, definitely a close trade.

And an especially interesting one for me because just this week I had 1.08 in a startup draft (which I assumed would be Kamara) and tried to trade up to 1.04 for Barkley when the pick was on the clock. So I'd been weighing how big a gap between the two myself. I don't think it's a massive one. Barkley should end up getting 50-80 more carries most seasons but Kamara will likely outproduce Barkley as a pass catcher. Plus, we've already seen Kamara do it for a season.

Ridley is usually going late round 1, so to swap a late 1st for at worst a mid 1st and 2nd is great. that '19 first will be a better prospect than Ridley
Not necessarily.

ETA: I'm not sure but maybe he meant the 1st round is early to mid as well (if both picks are from same team).

If some one traded a potential early first and second for Ridley then they're just a terrible owner. If its a later first and potentially early second I may consider it since I like Ridley.

Not necessarily.

ETA: I'm not sure but maybe he meant the 1st round is early to mid as well (if both picks are from same team).

If some one traded a potential early first and second for Ridley then they're just a terrible owner. If its a later first and potentially early second I may consider it since I like Ridley.
They are same team. This year he picked at the 8 spot, but his team got a lot worse in the offseason. So I am projecting his ceiling to be lower by a good margin.

Not necessarily.

yes, I assumed he meant both were mid to high.

2019 WR crop is exceptional

They are same team. This year he picked at the 8 spot, but his team got a lot worse in the offseason. So I am projecting his ceiling to be lower by a good margin.
If that's the case is a terrible deal for him and I can never understand teams that trade away potentially high first round picks without making their team better. Ridley will not help his team much this season so he could always trade for him at a much later date.

If that's the case is a terrible deal for him and I can never understand teams that trade away potentially high first round picks without making their team better. Ridley will not help his team much this season so he could always trade for him at a much later date.
I think his perspective on the situation is that Ridley will be vastly more expensive as time goes on (i dont agree, at least in the near future), so he had a "get in on the ground floor" mentality towards acquiring him. His top 3 wr weekly are Fitz, DT, and Tyreek. So a couple of his guys are aging out. His depth is pretty bad, KB and Agholor and then trash. He drafted Kerryon and Chubb this year. So, even if everyone breaks out and has a career year veteran wise, he will still have trouble competing if he makes the playoffs.

My team is pretty solid, was champ last season, and my team got better. My WR are pretty stacked (Evans, Nuk, Adams, Davis) and i can fade this years wr class in favor of a better crop next year. If I change my mind during draft season next year, the 1st will most certainly be worth at least as much as Ridley in terms of trade value, and I got a free 2nd. So I am happy right now.

I think his perspective on the situation is that Ridley will be vastly more expensive as time goes on (i dont agree, at least in the near future), so he had a "get in on the ground floor" mentality towards acquiring him. His top 3 wr weekly are Fitz, DT, and Tyreek. So a couple of his guys are aging out. His depth is pretty bad, KB and Agholor and then trash. He drafted Kerryon and Chubb this year. So, even if everyone breaks out and has a career year veteran wise, he will still have trouble competing if he makes the playoffs.

My team is pretty solid, was champ last season, and my team got better. My WR are pretty stacked (Evans, Nuk, Adams, Davis) and i can fade this years wr class in favor of a better crop next year. If I change my mind during draft season next year, the 1st will most certainly be worth at least as much as Ridley in terms of trade value, and I got a free 2nd. So I am happy right now.
Are those his only 2 RBs? I'm guessing no. His WRs aren't great for dynasty, but they should still be pretty productive. I obviously do not know the dynamics of your league but that could be a playoff team so I'm not sure I'd list those picks as "early to mid" (I know it's generally hard to guess though).

Either way it's a good deal for you - at worst it's likely a wash - but it may not be as bad for him as it looks. We can sit here and say '19 draft is stacked or it sucks but who really knows at this point?

exactly my thinking. you made a great deal. if you take a wr with that 1, he may be a better prospect as Ridley for the sole fact that next years crop is potentially the best we've seen in 5 years. 

Ridley has potential, but I have been sour on him since I read that most scouts project him at best a wr2 wherever he was drafted

Are those his only 2 RBs? I'm guessing no. His WRs aren't great for dynasty, but they should still be pretty productive. I obviously do not know the dynamics of your league but that could be a playoff team so I'm not sure I'd list those picks as "early to mid" (I know it's generally hard to guess though).

Either way it's a good deal for you - at worst it's likely a wash - but it may not be as bad for him as it looks. We can sit here and say '19 draft is stacked or it sucks but who really knows at this point?
Kerryon and Chubb are great for 2019 or 2020 but not for 2018. he picked 8th this year and his team didnt get a lot better immediately. He could very well be a playoff bubble team. I'd put him picking 6-9 which is higher than Ridley was taken. Easy win

ETA: I think this guy might be buying into the old narrative that 2019 is a bad draft year and wants to grab an obtainable WR from 2018. 

CJA, Buck, Ware, Sproles, Blount...

Kerryon and Chubb are great for 2019 or 2020 but not for 2018. he picked 8th this year and his team didnt get a lot better immediately. He could very well be a playoff bubble team. I'd put him picking 6-9 which is higher than Ridley was taken. Easy win

I'm not a huge Kerryon fan and I agree Chubb is likely buried - but either I can see scenarios where both turn into assets for this season. Chubb could blow Hyde away and be a beast in that offense. Johnson could be the feature back in a good Detroit offense.

You have no idea what other RBs he has, who his QB is etc. - what are you basing it on?

I'm not a huge Kerryon fan and I agree Chubb is likely buried - but either I can see scenarios where both turn into assets for this season. Chubb could blow Hyde away and be a beast in that offense. Johnson could be the feature back in a good Detroit offense.
Chubb is more likely to have significance in 2018. I do like him. 

you're right, i have no idea who his other RBs are.I'm basing my prediction off how he finished and who he drafted. its reasonable to expect him to finish similar, lower end playoff to just missing the cut, unless he made his team significantly better. the downside to my thinking is that he could have guys waiting to bust out in 2018, but I'm not so sure

Chubb is more likely to have significance in 2018. I do like him. 

you're right, i have no idea who his other RBs are.I'm basing my prediction off how he finished and who he drafted. its reasonable to expect him to finish similar, lower end playoff to just missing the cut, unless he made his team significantly better. the downside to my thinking is that he could have guys waiting to bust out in 2018, but I'm not so sure
I edited the first part out, because now we do and they suck. :D

Yeah, definitely a close trade.

And an especially interesting one for me because just this week I had 1.08 in a startup draft (which I assumed would be Kamara) and tried to trade up to 1.04 for Barkley when the pick was on the clock. So I'd been weighing how big a gap between the two myself. I don't think it's a massive one. Barkley should end up getting 50-80 more carries most seasons but Kamara will likely outproduce Barkley as a pass catcher. Plus, we've already seen Kamara do it for a season.
I would project Barkley to come close to doubling up Kamara's rush total and be within 10% of his passing game production.  Not necessarily next year, but how I'd project their careers to go over next few years if current coaches remain in place. I just don't know if Payton is inclined to ride Kamara to much, but I would say if he moved away from a RBBC approach after Ingram leaves then the gap between the two would be extremely small if any. Also while it may seem silly to bring up youth for two young players I do give Barkley a little bump for his age. My reason on that is in theory if you could enjoy 4 seasons of Barkley at at 25 be able to move on if you are inclined and not get a hair cut for age.

But on seeing Kamara doing it for a season I actually had saw a twitter post last night that got me thinking about this. I'm one who usually does not need to see it first, it helps but I'm the kind of guy who picked Trent and Gurley in late round one area of startups when they were rookies but even in Trent's case his value went up after his rookie season so despite him being a bust seeing year one would not have helped me avoid me unfortunately. The twitter post that got me thinking of this  and mainly thinking of it in context of Barkley was this clip  from his USC days which I recommend viewing: Reggie Bush

I did not play dynasty when Reggie came out. If I did I think I'd have gone more banana's for Reggie then I am for Barkely now and while Reggie was a solid PPR RB if I paid for Reggie what I'd pay for Barkley I'd have been disappointed in my purchase. Long way of saying a lot to be said for seeing it first.

Users who are viewing this thread