What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Just grabbed Purdy in my 10 man 2QB league.

Got: Brock Purdy
Gave: 2.10

Fwiw, I do own Lance.

Excellent move for you for obvious reasons...I really dislike this move for the other guy...in 2 QB leagues any QB that is a potential starter is beyond valuable...Purdy in 2023 is still an unknown but even if doesn't start at the beginning of the year that could change quickly...no way would I give up the potential of a young starting QB for the 2.10...that is just bad roster management.

Just grabbed Purdy in my 10 man 2QB league.

Got: Brock Purdy
Gave: 2.10

Fwiw, I do own Lance.
This is a potential bargain.

Especially as a Lance owner. You’re essentially guaranteed to have a QB in a highly productive, weapon-laden offense that often relies on short, high % passing plays.

I’m in the same situation in a 16-team league with both purdy/Lance. The only risk is an off-season high profile QB signing, and I’m skeptical that happens.

FFPC 1 QB:
Gave Hurts, 1.08, & 3.08
Got 1.01
Massive win.

To put in perspective I had similar formatted FFPC league were Hurts was traded near the deadline to the team who was clearly going to be the #1 seed. So a guaranteed pick in the 9-12 range, but most likely 11-12(ended up being 10, would have likely been 12 if not for the Hamlin emergency)

I tried to trade Hurts away in another similar formatted FFPC rules league near the deadline. I offered him to two playoff teams for their #1 and got swiftly rejected.

So to me this is like moving at most two late 1's for Bijan. Huge win.

I really dislike this move for the other guy...in 2 QB leagues any QB that is a potential starter is beyond valuable...Purdy in 2023 is still an unknown but even if doesn't start at the beginning of the year that could change quickly...no way would I give up the potential of a young starting QB for the 2.10...that is just bad roster management.
Agree - have no idea what they think they’re gonna pick at 2.10 that’s better than Purdy. Shocked anyone would accept that for him in SF.

Amazingly, Draft Dominator has this 67.39 for the pick, and just 31.2 for Brock for SF, non-TE-P.

Dynasty101 doesn’t even have Purdy listed.
:oldunsure:

FFPC 1 QB:
Gave Hurts, 1.08, & 3.08
Got 1.01

I am good both ways...if you think Robinson is the second coming of Walter Payton you have to give up a lot to get him so you do what you have to do...on the flipside getting Hurts is a major score as he is 24, posts elite production and is in an amazing situation...I do not discount him at all because of the position...the 1.8 is a nice get as you will be able to bring in a legit RB or WR...the 3.8 is what it is.

I wonder what Bijan’s value is perceived at right now, pre-landing spot.

I know he’s considered landing spot-proof, but IMO it does move the needle a little if he goes to the Bills or Eagles vs going to the Ravens (which is a weird landing spot and I’m not sure why so many are mocking him there)

Anyway, is the 1.01 currently worth 3x 1sts? 2x 1sts+?

If I was in a startup that took place right now he'd be my third ranked player. But I historically tend to be more of someone willing to gamble on the unknown/unproven and bank on age/talent. He'd be my #1RB in dynasty right now. Probably get a few people who don't care about age and would still put CMC or Ekeler in this group but I'd have to think majority of people would take Bijan, Taylor or Breece as their top RB if they were drafting a startup today.
Depends were they are. I'd give 3 late's for him without a second thought but not 3 early 1's. Saying that I've never actually given 3 #1's or equivalent for any player in my life. I hate buying top of the market prices. Don't usually like making the top 2-3 picks in startups either for a similar reason. Buying at top of market can work out, but typically harder to gain value but a lot of room to lose a ton.

I'd have to think majority of people would take Bijan, Taylor or Breece as their top RB if they were drafting a startup today.
It me. I'm in this group also, as well, in addition to.
Buying at top of market can work out, but typically harder to gain value but a lot of room to lose a ton.
Agree 100%

I'm going to enjoy drafting Bijan, but if a true godfather offer comes my way I might have to consider it. Honestly if I were offered 3x 1sts it would be tempting. But as you say, 3 late 1sts wouldn't get it done. But a player+pick package equivalent might be tough to turn down.

Of course that would be tricky since I own picks 1-4 in that league, so it would have to be heavier on players and a potential 2024 pick - and if they're getting Bijan, they may not get a high pick.

So I'll likely just enjoy drafting him. I've never been able to land such a high prospect - it's exciting.

Your valuation is probably spot on though.

So I'll likely just enjoy drafting him. I've never been able to land such a high prospect - it's exciting
I’m with you.

in my FFPC rebuild, I sent Tyreek to a team for a 2022 and 2023 1st. That team just missed the playoffs this year and, due to FFPC’s consolation bracket format, he won his 3 consolation playoff games and won ME the 1st overall pick. Literally best case scenario for my rebuild and I’m really excited to land a prospect like Bijan as well (to pair with WalkerIII and Javonte). Good luck to us both! :)

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

gave up: A. Pierce, 1.11
received. K. Murray
It’s not bad for a 1 QB league. I’m not sure what Pierce is worth - he seems kinda fringy. 1.11 + pierce seems fair value for taking a chance on Murray.

I don’t love the player but he’s a FF starter and there’s always the potential for a top 5 season with his legs, assuming he recovers ok.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

I will go with Murray here...he has his warts but still has the potential to be a very good fantasy QB and with that contract he's not going anywhere...Pierce could be ok but college is pumping out plenty of guys like him every year so no big loss there...you can get a solid player at 1.11 but I would rather roll the dice on Murray's upside.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

I will go with Murray here...he has his warts but still has the potential to be a very good fantasy QB and with that contract he's not going anywhere...Pierce could be ok but college is pumping out plenty of guys like him every year so no big loss there...you can get a solid player at 1.11 but I would rather roll the dice on Murray's upside.
Kind of my feeling on Pierce. I think he will be "OK" as well but certainly not a player you are kicking yourself down the road for moving him.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

Kind of my feeling on Pierce. I think he will be "OK" as well but certainly not a player you are kicking yourself down the road for moving him.
I got Pierce off the waivers at the end of November, so nothing really invested in him besides some FAAB dollars.

There’s guys like him on the wire every year. He’s been ok at times. That team needs a QB before I consider their skill players must-holds.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

Colts fan here.

Pierce has looked solid at times for the Colts this season including some impressive in traffic catches. He's disappeared at times too and had a few drops this season. I don't think he's a future top 10 fantasy WR but he could have a few top 24 fantasy WR seasons him (or not). The Colts offensive was a mess this season.

His rookie stat line was very similar to teammate Michael Pittman Jr.'s rookie stat line:

Pittman Jr: 45 receptions, 593 yards, 1 touchdown
Pierce: 41 receptions, 593 yards, 2 touchdowns

I'm not sure he'll end up being as good as Pittman but I'd say Pierce is probably worth an early to mid 2nd round pick right now.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

I got Pierce off the waivers at the end of November, so nothing really invested in him besides some FAAB dollars.
Really short benches?

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

Really short benches?
20 roster spots including defense and kicker.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

Really short benches?
Yeah, sounds like FFPC rules, which are pretty short rosters. I’m still surprised that Pierce was straight up dropped in his rookie season when he flashed in a few games.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

Colts fan here.

Pierce has looked solid at times for the Colts this season including some impressive in traffic catches. He's disappeared at times too and had a few drops this season. I don't think he's a future top 10 fantasy WR but he could have a few top 24 fantasy WR seasons him (or not). The Colts offensive was a mess this season.

His rookie stat line was very similar to teammate Michael Pittman Jr.'s rookie stat line:

Pittman Jr: 45 receptions, 593 yards, 1 touchdown
Pierce: 41 receptions, 593 yards, 2 touchdowns

I'm not sure he'll end up being as good as Pittman but I'd say Pierce is probably worth an early to mid 2nd round pick right now.
Also a Colts fan and a big reason I probably overspent my FAAB to get him when he hit the waiver wire. With a better QB I was hoping he would be more consistently targeted. Just going off memory, but Pittman seemed like a more hype prospect coming out of college. Both were taken in the 2nd round with Pittman at the very beginning.
For this league my WRs are the strength of my team and QBs a major weakness.

QB room: D. Carr, R. Wilson
WR room: Chase, Lamb, D. Johnson, Bateman, Toney, Hardman, Renfrow, Hodgins, Thornton

Even if by value I lost by a little the upgrade to K. Murray for the 2024 season is a major upgrade.

12 team PPR. start 1 QB:

received. K. Murray

Really short benches?
Yeah, sounds like FFPC rules, which are pretty short rosters. I’m still surprised that Pierce was straight up dropped in his rookie season when he flashed in a few games.
I was surprised myself when he hit the waiver wire and as a Colts fan jumped at the opportunity to add him to my roster. Going into this offseason I had 10 cuts to make to accommodate for all my draft picks so I am looking to consolidate or push some picks to next year.
Pierce would have been my last keep above the cut line, but Murray is solidly above that line.

12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FL/1K/1DST
  • Team A gave up Travis Etienne JAC, 2023 3.01
  • Team B gave up 2023 1.07, 2023 2.07

Definitely Etienne…not sure what Team A is doing here…Etienne looked very good this year, is young and is on an ascending offense…at 1.7, outside of an unexpected home run your best case scenario is you equal what Etienne already is so why even risk it…the difference between the other picks is nowhere near enough to take this risk…this feels like a trade to make a trade and have more fun come draft time because there is no need to make it otherwise.

I feel like I’m missing something because I can’t see how anyone would trade ETN for a decent but not great return.

Exactly...I just don't get the reason for it.
Ok cool... thanks for the sanity check. I'm Team B. An insane sequence of events the last 2 weeks of the season dumped me from the playoffs right at the end and my picks that looked like they'd be in the X.10-12 range popped up to X.07's.

Team A is bottom of the barrel right now; easily secured the 1.01 this year and is already the strongest contender for it again in 2024 by a mile. The trade actually took place after week 14 and Etienne's string of clunkers. I proposed that by the time his team was in contention Etienne, who was an old rookie, would be that much closer to the end before he got any use out of him, and that the JAX backfield was in flux with a bumper crop of rookies and a crazy FA class this offseason. That 17/32 Titans game put him over the edge; he was eager to sell so I threw the 3rd in there just to see and he hit it.

FWIW, I wasn't a huge Etienne fan coming into the league, don't follow JAX too closely, and that series of really bad games had me second guessing a bit. Here now at the end of the season I'm feeling pretty good about it, but wasn't really sure if I should feel good... or GOOD.

ETN and it’s not close.

I love the RB in the late 1st this year, but ETN has a role in an up & coming offense, and has shown he belongs in the NFL.

The same just can’t be said about the Sean Tucker, Zach Evans, Achane types, and especially before we know landing spot or role.

ETN easily for me here.

but wasn't really sure if I should feel good... or GOOD.
You should feel ecstatic about it. Other than maybe a little guilty for robbing team A blind, of course.

I’d take ETN over any 1st round player other than Bijan. Maybe not Gibbs, IF Gibbs goes somewhere silly productive like PHI, BUF or KC.

FFPC 1QB

Gave: D Pierce, 2.05
Got: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd

May have sold short on these two assets but wanted to move Pierce this off season and had no takers the past few weeks. I also feel like I have 17 solid keepers in this format so someone had to get dealt.

10 team PPR SF:

Sent: 2024 2nd (probably mid), Hines
Received: Pacheco
Give me Pacheco, easily. But then again, I know picks are a little more valuable in SF. So maybe it would be close, but definitely seems like I'd rather have Pacheco.
I guess for the price it’s ok. 10-team league, so values are a little different than I’m used to.

My concern about Pacheco is with McKinnon likely moving on to greener pastures via FA, the Chiefs might get squirrelly & spend a day 2 (or late day 1) pick on a RB. Or bring someone in via FA. I’m not sure Pacheco has done enough to be the presumed starter next year if that happens.

As a Pacheco shareholder myself, I sure hope so. Kinda makes dealing for him a bit risky.

In a 10-team league he’s a borderline flex, especially since it’s PPR.

But for a mid-second it’s probably fair. I’m not sure what Hines is worth as a Bill.

10 team PPR SF:

Give me Pacheco, easily. But then again, I know picks are a little more valuable in SF. So maybe it would be close, but definitely seems like I'd rather have Pacheco.
I guess for the price it’s ok. 10-team league, so values are a little different than I’m used to.

My concern about Pacheco is with McKinnon likely moving on to greener pastures via FA, the Chiefs might get squirrelly & spend a day 2 (or late day 1) pick on a RB. Or bring someone in via FA. I’m not sure Pacheco has done enough to be the presumed starter next year if that happens.

As a Pacheco shareholder myself, I sure hope so. Kinda makes dealing for him a bit risky.

In a 10-team league he’s a borderline flex, especially since it’s PPR.

But for a mid-second it’s probably fair. I’m not sure what Hines is worth as a Bill.
Yeah, get what you're saying, definite risk that he gets some sort of Michael Carter treatment, but def needed to get younger and deeper at the position (previous RB situation was AJones, Kamara, Pierce, BRob then dart throws) so punting a future second seems like it's worth the shot. Have picks 14-16 this year as well so should hopefully have something work out

10 team PPR SF:

It is an upside/downside trade because it involves ifs...if the Chiefs don't add anything of substance this will look like a very smart move getting him before FA/the draft for only a #2...if the Chiefs add a Gibbs at the end of the first or a Tucker in the 2nd or 3rd or a quality FA (of which there are a decent amount this year) his value could take a hit...that being said you only gave up a #2 and even in a worst case scenario he will still be viable (i.e. he will get touches) and you can never have enough RB depth...one thing that concerns me about him is his lack of use in the passing game but on the flip side if he was good there you would not be getting him for a #2...the fact you also have picks #14 and #16 makes me like this deal for you since you still maintain the ability to grab an RB or two that could very well drop to that spot...that is a big factor in this move.

FFPC 1QB

May have sold short on these two assets but wanted to move Pierce this off season and had no takers the past few weeks. I also feel like I have 17 solid keepers in this format so someone had to get dealt.

Little bit of an odd trade on both sides...first of all the fact you can only keep 17 players means whoever your 18th player that you now get to keep is actually part of the trade so curious to know who that is...I don't have issues trading Pierce for a #1 because I feel like he (and Houston overall) is still a bit of an unknown (I don't mind trading for him either, especially if it is not a 23 #1), but I would rather have it been for a 2023 #1..that being said if the team you dealt him to is nothing special that could turn into a high pick...overall that part of the deal is a wash...I'm not a huge fan of giving up the 2.5 this year (for two 2024 non-first round picks) because this draft should have some solid options at that pick...that being said if you have a good amount of 23 picks I can see why you did it...as you can see I am all other the place with this deal...would really need to look at both team's rosters, draft pick situations and whether they are built for now or rebuilding to really get a handle on it...no doubt this is a deal that could really be a hit or a miss for both teams.

FFPC 1QB

Little bit of an odd trade on both sides...first of all the fact you can only keep 17 players means whoever your 18th player that you now get to keep is actually part of the trade so curious to know who that is...I don't have issues trading Pierce for a #1 because I feel like he (and Houston overall) is still a bit of an unknown (I don't mind trading for him either, especially if it is not a 23 #1), but I would rather have it been for a 2023 #1..that being said if the team you dealt him to is nothing special that could turn into a high pick...overall that part of the deal is a wash...I'm not a huge fan of giving up the 2.5 this year (for two 2024 non-first round picks) because this draft should have some solid options at that pick...that being said if you have a good amount of 23 picks I can see why you did it...as you can see I am all other the place with this deal...would really need to look at both team's rosters, draft pick situations and whether they are built for now or rebuilding to really get a handle on it...no doubt this is a deal that could really be a hit or a miss for both teams.
You keep 14 positional players in FFPC and prior to this deal I had 15 players that are productive or have some upside. Pierce seemed like a logical option to move prior to cut downs because he played well year one but doesn’t have a lot of draft capital, wasn’t used enough in the pass game and doesn’t feel like a true difference maker. I have 1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04 and an early 2nd in this league so pushing to 2024 was actually preferred to another 2023 1st. I also wasn’t getting any offers after posting on league board and sending a few other feeler offers out.

FFPC 1QB

You keep 14 positional players in FFPC and prior to this deal I had 15 players that are productive or have some upside. Pierce seemed like a logical option to move prior to cut downs because he played well year one but doesn’t have a lot of draft capital, wasn’t used enough in the pass game and doesn’t feel like a true difference maker. I have 1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04 and an early 2nd in this league so pushing to 2024 was actually preferred to another 2023 1st. I also wasn’t getting any offers after posting on league board and sending a few other feeler offers out.

Knowing that I like this move...with all those 2023 picks the 2.5 isn't a big deal and I now really like getting a stockpile for 2024...only having 14 keepers is a real game-changer so I can see why it wasn't that easy to move Pierce.

FFPC 1 QB:
Gave Hurts, 1.08, & 3.08
Got 1.01

I am good both ways...if you think Robinson is the second coming of Walter Payton you have to give up a lot to get him so you do what you have to do...on the flipside getting Hurts is a major score as he is 24, posts elite production and is in an amazing situation...I do not discount him at all because of the position...the 1.8 is a nice get as you will be able to bring in a legit RB or WR...the 3.8 is what it is.
I get what you are saying but in 1 QB this is Bijan by a mile.

I know he’s considered landing spot-proof, but IMO it does move the needle a little if he goes to the Bills or Eagles vs going to the Ravens (which is a weird landing spot and I’m not sure why so many are mocking him there)

I wouldn't trade Bijan for anything less than 3 1sts and 2 of them would have to be top half and not too far out. Even then I'd have to be sure. Plus, no reason to trade him now as I don't see hsi value dropping. The right landing spot and he could be worth more than 3 1sts.

Users who are viewing this thread