What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

U wait for free agency....and we all saw what happened to rbs last year, could that happen again? Does jacobs go to a bad spot? Does Barkley go to a bad spot? Wait another month....1.1 and 1.3 become more expensive. Lot of what ifs and maybe. My take is its always better to get out a year too early than a year too late.

And if he helped the other owner get a ship, then it's fruitful convos in the future

I also think a lot of folks made compelling arguments on both sides
I dig starting a rebuild with 2 of mjh, nabers, Bowers, or odunze....

U wait for free agency....and we all saw what happened to rbs last year, could that happen again? Does jacobs go to a bad spot? Does Barkley go to a bad spot?

Rock had already alluded to the price for them being baked end and I felt so as well but past that point I think they are all pretty safe from deflation. They'd actually be more at risk if they were not free to choose their teams and were at the mercy of what their existing team did around them and at their position. It stands to reason no one is going to pay them without ideas of huge plans and if leave it's going to be hard not to be on offenses with a lot more upside then Giants, Titans and Raiders.

That's where I think it went a little awry here. If you have twelve guys bidding against each other, the price is likely to rise on your assets. If you have one guy making the deal, he's mitigating and hedging in his own head, and it will affect your negotiations with him.
Not only that but there are only so many assets available with 1 trade partner.

1.01, 1.03, yeah sure I’m in.

But I have to believe with a little luck in FA (say, Henry to BAL, Saquan to HOU, etc) one could get 1sts for them from win-now teams, even if 2025.

When dealing with 1 team, there are only so many early picks to obtain, and you’re limited to the players they’re willing to give up.

Then we see a whole mess of 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders and I can’t help but think those might have been 1sts or 2nds from another owner for the right packages of players.

You nailed it - dealing with 1 team limits you both in the negotiation, and in what resources are available.

That's where I think it went a little awry here. If you have twelve guys bidding against each other, the price is likely to rise on your assets. If you have one guy making the deal, he's mitigating and hedging in his own head, and it will affect your negotiations with him.
Not only that but there are only so many assets available with 1 trade partner.

1.01, 1.03, yeah sure I’m in.

But I have to believe with a little luck in FA (say, Henry to BAL, Saquan to HOU, etc) one could get 1sts for them from win-now teams, even if 2025.

When dealing with 1 team, there are only so many early picks to obtain, and you’re limited to the players they’re willing to give up.

Then we see a whole mess of 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders and I can’t help but think those might have been 1sts or 2nds from another owner for the right packages of players.

You nailed it - dealing with 1 team limits you both in the negotiation, and in what resources are available.

While I agree, trading with more partners gives you more options and it probably looks better on paper, the shrewd owners will give up their LATE 1s fairly easily.
Find 6 trade partners, find 4 to 6 mid to late 1s
Heck....Secure the backhalf of the 1st round

I'd rather have the 1.1, 1.3. While limited with 1 partner...I felt he did fine.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

Team A gave: Jayden Reed
Team B gave: Kenneth Walker

No idea what's going on here. The guy who gave up Walker just finished third, but his other RBs are Rachaad White, James Cook and Kamara. Weird trade.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

No idea what's going on here. The guy who gave up Walker just finished third, but his other RBs are Rachaad White, James Cook and Kamara. Weird trade.

Should be another piece to go along with Reed.
I agree. Perhaps a mid-2nd. I say this with the caveat that I think Reed is the #1 WR in Green Bay and that we possibly may think different this time next year.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

I agree. Perhaps a mid-2nd. I say this with the caveat that I think Reed is the #1 WR in Green Bay and that we possibly may think different this time next year.

I targeted Reed in multiple leagues in the draft and get tons of offers for him. Lots of people very high on him, but I don’t think I could pull Walker for him without adding a good piece. I was offered Rhamondre in one league straight up once he landed on IR late last year and passed.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

Agreed...I am very high on Reed as well...as far as this deal goes I just feel it may be easier to obtain another Reed-level WR then another Walker-RB (and I am very much a WR first Owner) but as you said this time next year you could be really happy you made this deal.

Yeah Walker instantly
I can see why this trade was made. There is such an overcorrection on RBs right now its crazy. All you hear and read is that RBs don't matter, and you can always get them for cheap. At least in my leagues, its very hard to move them for anything close to fair value.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

I'd need at least a first and Reed to start mulling it and would probably still decline it.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

I'd need at least a first and Reed to start mulling it and would probably still decline it.
I like to hear this because I just traded for Walker, but my guess is that will be hard to pull off.

FFPC 1 QB

No involved.

I like to hear this because I just traded for Walker, but my guess is that will be hard to pull off.
I would just add in the FFPC a RB seen as a viable RB1/high end RB2 type will generally take on more value comped to a WR usually seen as a low end WR2/3 then most leagues. I believe this is mainly due to the shorter roster size increasing the surplus/scarcity equation in those two positons over and above what you normally will see in dynasty leagues.

Saying all that I like your chances to pull that off if you wait till your rookie draft when RB need is going to be heavy and people will at least feel like WR's are falling from the sky.

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Wow. Even in our RB-crazy league, no. I'm taking the 1.01. Miles apart.
I totally agree. MH JR has the potential to be a generational talent and a legit super star. No way I’m passing on him for a couple pretty decent guys.
I agree about Harrison. But we thought that about Pitts. He could still be that, but he sure is cheaper today than when he first came into the league and certainly after his rookie season..

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
I totally agree. MH JR has the potential to be a generational talent and a legit super star. No way I’m passing on him for a couple pretty decent guys.
I agree about Harrison. But we thought that about Pitts. He could still be that, but he sure is cheaper today than when he first came into the league and certainly after his rookie season..
Well, for the record, I didn’t think that about Pitts 😊
But I did think pretty highly of Jalen Reagor, so there’s that…

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Hard to believe.

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Hard to believe.
Which part?

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Hard to believe.
Which part?
We all have our moments don’t we? At least the jury is still out on Pitts.

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Hard to believe.
Which part?
lol! For sure. I dropped the ball on Reagor.

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Hard to believe.
Which part?
I traded Mahomes and Kittle each for a 2nd round rookie pick before they were a thing.

for

Rachaad White
Rashee Rice
Hard to believe.
Which part?
I traded Mahomes and Kittle each for a 2nd round rookie pick before they were a thing.
Crazy how stuff works out.

10 team SF

Sent: Hollywood Brown
Received: 2025 2nd (probably not early)

Was my WR5-6 and need to trim the roster so pretty happy with this one

If you gotta trim the roster this is a smart move...after 5 years and turning 27 in June Hollywood is what he is at this point...he still has some value (probably more of a tease at this point) but cashing out for a #2 has to feel pretty good and is probably an asset you can actually do more with.

10 team SF

Sent: Hollywood Brown
Received: 2025 2nd (probably not early)

Was my WR5-6 and need to trim the roster so pretty happy with this one

If you gotta trim the roster this is a smart move...after 5 years and turning 27 in June Hollywood is what he is at this point...he still has some value (probably more of a tease at this point) but cashing out for a #2 has to feel pretty good and is probably an asset you can actually do more with.
Agree. Especially in a 10 team league.

FFPC, 1QB BLOCKBUSTER DEAL
My Team made playoffs last year but lost right away and the team is aging out quickly. Made the decision to sell off all assets worth anything.

Gave; AJ Brown, Mike Evans, Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry, Andrews, Brandon Cooks

Got; 1.01, 1.03, Jordan Love, Quentin Johnston, Michael Mayer, Dobbins, Michael Wilson, 2.08, 2.11, 3.01, 4.01, 2025 2nd and 3rd

Felt like I’d have one last hurray with this group but if it didn’t happen in 2024 then I’d be in a dire situation with team full of depreciating assets. Didn’t want to move Andrews or Barkley but this was the package. Thoughts
Oddly enough I traded the same owner Dobbins, 2.05, 2.08 for his future 1st. It might be late but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s only a borderline playoff team.

Additionally I was able to now move Justin Herbert with the acquisition of Love in the earlier deal.

Gave: Justin Herbert, 2.11
Got: 1.08, 2.01

.5 PPR superflex league. Putting this out there for a value example as I think both of these offers are valid. I’m likely going to accept one today. I have 1.2 and 1.5. I’m weak everywhere but rb and lack depth.

1.2, 1.5, 3.2 for 1.1, 1.9, 4.1

1.2 for Kenneth Walker, Waddle, and Will Levis.

I think I get more value with the second offer but I can address qb1 with the first.

12 Team SF/TEP

Gave: Fields, J Meyers, and 3.09
Got: Trevor Lawrence

Been looking to acquire shares of TLaw this offseason. Maybe a slight overpay.
I like that for you. Seems about right value-wise.
Agree - feels fair.

I won’t be shocked if Fields goes to ATL and ends up being the better FF option / higher scoring player, but there’s something that feels safer about TLaw, and I believe there’s a lot of future upside there.

.5 PPR superflex league. Putting this out there for a value example as I think both of these offers are valid. I’m likely going to accept one today. I have 1.2 and 1.5. I’m weak everywhere but rb and lack depth.

1.2, 1.5, 3.2 for 1.1, 1.9, 4.1

1.2 for Kenneth Walker, Waddle, and Will Levis.

I think I get more value with the second offer but I can address qb1 with the first.
I also like the second deal if you have some holes to fill but why don’t you wait to be on the clock and maybe squeeze a future second out of this owner or get offers from another owner at that time

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
12 Team SF/TEP

Gave: Fields, J Meyers, and 3.09
Got: Trevor Lawrence

Been looking to acquire shares of TLaw this offseason. Maybe a slight overpay.
I like that for you. Seems about right value-wise.
Agree - feels fair.

I won’t be shocked if Fields goes to ATL and ends up being the better FF option / higher scoring player, but there’s something that feels safer about TLaw, and I believe there’s a lot of future upside there.
My exact sentiment on the two QBs. Fields prob has the higher ceiling, but the floor is a LOT higher on TLaw. Plus I think I need to digest myself of the angst of Fields shares being a bears fan!

Another 1.01 trade. Not involved.

For

1.02 and JSN
Yikes. That seems a little much.

I just edited my post to say it’s 1QB league. Not sure if that changes your opinion at all.

In a vacuum pre-draft, I would be fine paying a JSN to move up from 2 to MHJ. Landing spot could possibly change my opinion. I’m lower than consensus on JSN though. The guy getting MHJ has been executing a pretty successful rebuild strategy in a league with massive disparity. Still has a ways to go but he lacked true elite talent. First move he’s made to consolidate.

Another 1.01 trade. Not involved.

For

1.02 and JSN
Yikes. That seems a little much.

I just edited my post to say it’s 1QB league. Not sure if that changes your opinion at all.

In a vacuum pre-draft, I would be fine paying a JSN to move up from 2 to MHJ. Landing spot could possibly change my opinion. I’m lower than consensus on JSN though. The guy getting MHJ has been executing a pretty successful rebuild strategy in a league with massive disparity. Still has a ways to go but he lacked true elite talent. First move he’s made to consolidate.
I’d guess JSN would be in 1.05 range in this draft. That seems like a lot to move from Harrison to Nabers.

Users who are viewing this thread