What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

Surprised to see everyone favoring Cooks over Cooper. Every site's rankings and ADP have Cooper higher. I have them about equal, so guess it would depend on if have roster spots for Brate and Hollins.

Surprised to see everyone favoring Cooks over Cooper. Every site's rankings and ADP have Cooper higher. I have them about equal, so guess it would depend on if have roster spots for Brate and Hollins.
I have them 2 tiers different and 10 WR's apart.  It's not close for me.  

Brate is going to be annoying and Mack was a preseason darling

As someone who has owned them both, this is interesting as they both were inconsistent for different reasons but I traded Cooper for Julio and I’m trading Cooks for 2019 1st rounder but my point is I’m trading the for the same reason. They are inconsistent and I couldn’t rely on them to produce week-in, week-out.

Tex

I'm not interested in cooks at all now that he's with the rams unless his price drops way down  I don't see any way he exceeds his past production so you're basically paying a dollar for a chance to win a dollar.  

Cooks has been the top guy for brees, top guy for brees, and top guy for Brady.  And he wasn't the top guy for brees once they drafted Thomas,  nor did he start the top guy for Brady for more than one year, and then likely only because of the Edelman injury. 

Now he's going to be one of the top guys for Goff, but after Gurley and possibly after woods and kupp in the pecking order. I think he's very talented and could be their best receiver from day one, but he isn't their youngest, their most experienced, will be the new guy competing for targets with two guys who did well with the same qb last year, is taking over a role that wasn't especially productive last year (maybe cooks would have been better in the same role, maybe he wouldn't), will be second fiddle to Gurley at best, and won't get many deep throws in the second halves of games if the rams are as good as advertised. 

Cooper, on the other hand, put up almost the same numbers cooks has been putting up until a bad and at least partially injured year.  He should lead his team in targets, probably by a good amount, and possibly by a huge margin. He's the incumbent wr1, and he's also younger than the new guys.  

I have never been a huge cooper fan but I love bargains and I believe he finally  is one this year. I like cooks and have owned shares of him all over the place over the years, but not this year unless he slides a long long way. 

Huh?  The votes are 3-2 in Cooper's favor in the posts above yours.

I'm not interested in cooks at all now that he's with the rams unless his price drops way down  I don't see any way he exceeds his past production so you're basically paying a dollar for a chance to win a dollar.  

Cooks has been the top guy for brees, top guy for brees, and top guy for Brady.  And he wasn't the top guy for brees once they drafted Thomas,  nor did he start the top guy for Brady for more than one year, and then likely only because of the Edelman injury. 

Now he's going to be one of the top guys for Goff, but after Gurley and possibly after woods and kupp in the pecking order. I think he's very talented and could be their best receiver from day one, but he isn't their youngest ... 
Actually he is. 

I like Cooper a good deal, don't get me wrong, but I don't think Cooks gets enough credit for what he's done thus far. Very little risk that the guy doesn't put up 65/1000/6. 

Credit to @Chad Parsons for calling out Cooks' historical start in a post earlier a few months ago 

Cooks has nearly 4,000 receiving yards and 27 touchdowns in his first 4 seasons, including 3 straight 1,000-yard seasons with at least 7 touchdowns.

The active receivers with 3,500+ yards and 25+ touchdowns in their first 4 seasons is a who’s who of long-term producers:

• A.J. Green
  • Mike Evans
  • Larry Fitzgerald
  • Odell Beckham
  • Julio Jones
  • Dez Bryant
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Demaryius Thomas
Also, Brandin Cooks will be just 25 years old for the 2018 season as he entered the NFL for his rookie year at less than 21.0 years old.

I like Cooper a good deal, don't get me wrong, but I don't think Cooks gets enough credit for what he's done thus far. Very little risk that the guy doesn't put up 65/1000/6. 

Credit to @Chad Parsons for calling out Cooks' historical start in a post earlier a few months ago 

Cooks has nearly 4,000 receiving yards and 27 touchdowns in his first 4 seasons, including 3 straight 1,000-yard seasons with at least 7 touchdowns.

The active receivers with 3,500+ yards and 25+ touchdowns in their first 4 seasons is a who’s who of long-term producers:

• A.J. Green
  • Mike Evans
  • Larry Fitzgerald
  • Odell Beckham
  • Julio Jones
  • Dez Bryant
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Demaryius Thomas
Also, Brandin Cooks will be just 25 years old for the 2018 season as he entered the NFL for his rookie year at less than 21.0 years old.
That list is incomplete. For instance, Torrey Smith and Mike Wallace also started their careers with 3500+ & 25+.

And limiting to active players stacks the deck in favor of long-term producers. Hakeem Nicks & Dwayne Bowe also started 3500+ & 25+. If they'd kept up their production long-term then they'd still be active and would appear on this list, but since they declined and retired they get left off the list entirely. Not a good way to look at comparables.

Since 2003, 20 players have started with 3500+ and 25+. PFR can give the complete list. Still a strong group. Though it seems notable that there are still large differences in early-career production within that group, and the guys who had the best careers are mostly the guys who had the best early production. Cooks is middle-of-the-pack in yards per game, and the guys with more yardage than Cooks through 4 years mostly had great careers and the guys with less yardage than him mostly didn't.

JPeso said:

Also Cooper needs 600 yards and 7 TD's to be part of that list as well.  It's unfair to use a guy's first 4 seasons against a guy who only has 3 seasons but is still on pace to a part of that "who's who" list.  

I agree Cooks probably doesn't get his due, but when I think of him, I think of him getting PI calls, not making tough catches and TD's.  Not what I think of when Amari comes to mind either, but at least his ceiling appears to be higher.  

Collins is a weird one.  A lot of people including myself really liked him coming out of college.  Then he got drafted in the 5th round, cut by Seattle and then found a home and a starting chance in Baltimore.  He probably doesn't get the respect he deserves due to his 1st year struggles of getting on the field and then being cut, but he proved something last year.  I think Collins > DJ Moore by himself so Brate and a 3rd on top is the icing on the cake.  

12 team 1.5 TE PPR IDP league

McCoy

for

Cohen

OJ Howard

2019 3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing fall for Cooper in value in 2015 he was being taken over Gurley and Mevlin Gordon in some leagues at the 1.01.

In 2016 startups he was being taken in the top 6 in most startups.

Amazing fall for Cooper in value in 2015 he was being taken over Gurley and Mevlin Gordon in some leagues at the 1.01.
Things change fast and they often go back. I'll just take you back to last off-season.  I had pick 1.1 in a rookie draft and I offered Gurley straight up for Cooper to a team that was very needy at RB. They shot me down but said they'd do the trade for 1.1 so they could pick Fournette. So yea, last year Gurley could not get Cooper and now look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know how to make sense of that. The QB1 is the 45th ranked player?

I wouldn't exactly call that a trade value chart.
That's a fair point but team a traded cam and Stafford for Rodgers and a roster spot which is pretty huge in ffpc. Shepard for fuller, I'll take fuller. Duke, who is barely above replacement level with short rosters, plus a first for cooks. It seems to me like team a did a good job consolidating .

12 Team PPR: Not involved

Team A Gave: Cooper and 2019 2 (playoff)

Team B Gave: Corey Davis and 2019 1 (playoff)

That's a fair point but team a traded cam and Stafford for Rodgers and a roster spot which is pretty huge in ffpc. Shepard for fuller, I'll take fuller. Duke, who is barely above replacement level with short rosters, plus a first for cooks. It seems to me like team a did a good job consolidating .

In FFPC that sounds about right. Put another way if I was in a startup and the first QB went at 4.9 I'd think that was reasonable. 
Huh. I'd have to adjust my thinking drastically in a setup like that, I guess.

That's pretty much how we looked at it as well. 

Also, keep in mind that this is an established league.  Most teams have a capable QB1 and aren't going to pay very much for a Cam Newton, especially in FFPC as a start 1 QB league and short rosters (i.e. always a capable QB available on the WW).  There were only 2 teams that could really use a QB upgrade.  Rather than have Cam sit on the bench behind Rodgers, getting some value for him that could either be used or flipped made sense for Team A.  Offers for guys like OJ Howard, Kerryon Johnson, and late 2019 1sts were all rejected.

Its July.  That cam deal was very awful.  Could do much better in season adter an injury, use as Rodgers insurance, or just wait for a better deal in general.  Basically no return.  Terrible.

As a Cam owner in one league, I can't give him away. No one is interested. I also own Fuller and get lots of offers for him but nothing approaching a late 1st rounder which is what it would take to get him from me. He won't score 7 TD's on 13 catches again, but if Watson isn't a mirage, Fuller should be in for a pretty dang good year.

Users who are viewing this thread