What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

menobrown said:
FFPC

Gave: Ebron, Mark Ingram

Got: 2020#1, kind of pick I think could be between 1-8

May seem light on my end but I'll explain some reasoning.  This team has been on a strong 5 year run and I'm trying to find a way to extend the run.  With exception of K and D, based on current FFPC redraft data, my entire starting lineup and one bench player is drafted by pick 25. Those 9 top 25 players and Engram make up my core so gambling I can thin out the depth of the team but survive due to strong core that has a little depth. Out of that core I put 3 players who if I view as more or less likely to be 3 year or less type players, at best, before dropoff with the 7 other players being super young. Julio, AB and Bell are the 3 old guys.  Since my team likely won't get high draft picks on it's own and that 2020 draft looks like it might have the kind of future studs I could use I feel need to take some shots like this to give myself best possible shot of landing replacements down the line when these guys peter out.  Also as a I side benefit I got to keep Goff and Dasean Hamilton who I was looking at cutting.
I think you made a wise choice.  You have TE coverage, you have a sick starting lineup, so what you might be a tad short on "value".  2020 is THE year, that pick will appreciate in value and Ingram will be 30.

This is the kind of trade smart owners who win consistently make.

The last two Barkley trades have been a little odd, to say the least. This one isn’t terrible but i can’t see why anyone would do it. it’s taking on a lot of unnecessary risk while trading away the top dynasty asset.
Plus having to wait over 900 years to see if the draft picks pay off seems risky.

FFPC

Team A gets Saquan Barkley

Team B gets Kareem Hunt. Antonio Brown, 1.10, 2920 1st, 2920 2nd
Finally a Barkley deal that at least males me sit up and go “hmmm.”

Still think I take Barkley, but on a barren roster with nothing else of value, 2 firsts, a 2nd, and a WR I can probably flip for two more firsts after his first multi-TD game is a solid return.  Hunt is another flip-piece after the suspension plays out.

So at least I can imagine a scenario where this trade makes sense.  In a vacuum though, Barkley may be the least tradeable asset in FF right now.

12 team PPR.  Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3WR, 1-2 TE.

Team A gave: Mark Ingram

Team B gave: 2.01, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd
That's hard to figure out why anyone would pay that for Ingram. I'd not have paid that wherever FA took him but I think it took him to a really terrible landing spot.  At best I give the seconds and that's only if I'm dying at RB,  I don't put his value as worth half a random 2020 first.

That's hard to figure out why anyone would pay that for Ingram. I'd not have paid that wherever FA took him but I think it took him to a really terrible landing spot.  At best I give the seconds and that's only if I'm dying at RB,  I don't put his value as worth half a random 2020 first.
Why do you say that? Look at what a "bum" like Gus Edwards was able to do in that offense - I actually see a pretty big year from Ingram.

Why do you say that? Look at what a "bum" like Gus Edwards was able to do in that offense - I actually see a pretty big year from Ingram.
What did Gus Edwards do for your PPR fantasy team? Just using weeks 11-17 when he came on he was RB28 giving you a whopping 11.7 points a game despite being on a pace to fun for almost 1500 yards prorated out. That's why. I don't have a lot of use for RB's that are zero's in the passing game and there is no better example of this then Gus Edwards week 11-17 performance vs PPR production.  Ingram has more receiving ability then Gus, but won't matter much in this offense.

What did Gus Edwards do for your PPR fantasy team? Just using weeks 11-17 when he came on he was RB28 giving you a whopping 11.7 points a game despite being on a pace to fun for almost 1500 yards prorated out. That's why. I don't have a lot of use for RB's that are zero's in the passing game and there is no better example of this then Gus Edwards week 11-17 performance vs PPR production.  Ingram has more receiving ability then Gus, but won't matter much in this offense.
I realize that right now Jackson is not a great passer but I don't think that means they won't use a weapon like Ingram in the passing game. In fact the screen game should be a good part of what they do. I'm not expecting NO type receiving stats from him but 35-38 receptions doesn't seem far fetched. I also expect double digit TDs (combined).

I realize that right now Jackson is not a great passer but I don't think that means they won't use a weapon like Ingram in the passing game. In fact the screen game should be a good part of what they do. I'm not expecting NO type receiving stats from him but 35-38 receptions doesn't seem far fetched. I also expect double digit TDs (combined).
It seems way overly optimistic to me.  While Gus Edwards was motoring his way to a 1500 yard season pace he was on a TD pace of 5. Just don't see that kind of involvement from  Ingram in the passing game or the screen being a huge part of what the Ravens do especially if teams try and utilize the 6 DB defense the Chargers used. Read today that what appealed to them with Ingram was they wanted a strong interior runner to join lead they termed a stable of RB's for their RBBC. Sounds about right to me.

It seems way overly optimistic to me.  While Gus Edwards was motoring his way to a 1500 yard season pace he was on a TD pace of 5. Just don't see that kind of involvement from  Ingram in the passing game or the screen being a huge part of what the Ravens do especially if teams try and utilize the 6 DB defense the Chargers used. Read today that what appealed to them with Ingram was they wanted a strong interior runner to join lead they termed a stable of RB's for their RBBC. Sounds about right to me.
I realize it seems obvious to only count the games that Lamar started, but the history of John Harbaugh's Ravens have been to fairly heavily involve the RB in the passing game.  Ingram appears to be the player who is most likely to take on that role.

It seems way overly optimistic to me.  While Gus Edwards was motoring his way to a 1500 yard season pace he was on a TD pace of 5.
That's only 2-3 receptions per game - and Gus Edwards' pace doesn't really have all that much bearing since he was an UDFA out of Rutgers and nothing more than a tough straight ahead runner. Ingram is just as tough but more athletic and more useful in the passing game.

I think it was a good landing spot for him - but I could end up being wrong - we'll see.

With that said the trade in question was surely and overpay due to his age. 

I realize it seems obvious to only count the games that Lamar started, but the history of John Harbaugh's Ravens have been to fairly heavily involve the RB in the passing game.  Ingram appears to be the player who is most likely to take on that role.
We'll see but I don't think history of his offense makes much difference. They've already said they are building this offense from the ground up around Lamar  which to me implies they are scrapping what they used to do. Also of key not is I don't think Harbaugh had a lot to do with prior offensive strategy. He was a special teams coach before landing the job. He is more CEO/delgator/motivator and less of a X's and O's type tactician and I think the way you saw his offenses function was more based on the OC he hired and not him.

I don't think Ingram catches 25 passes and I don't think the entire Ravens backfield catches 50. Probably not even 40, 2-2.5 a game seems about as good as I'd expect and that's an upgrade on what they did last year with Lamar.

Probably not even 40, 2-2.5 a game seems about as good as I'd expect and that's an upgrade on what they did last year with Lamar.
Ravens RBs averaged 2.3 catches in the 7 games Lamar started last season.  You're saying it's going to be status quo, zero growth in an offense that you already said is going to be built from the ground up around Lamar.  I am not saying that they are going to have a Ray Rice-esque 75-catch RB this season, but it seems silly to say that it will be exactly what it was last year.

That's only 2-3 receptions per game - and Gus Edwards' pace doesn't really have all that much bearing since he was an UDFA out of Rutgers and nothing more than a tough straight ahead runner. Ingram is just as tough but more athletic and more useful in the passing game.

I think it was a good landing spot for him - but I could end up being wrong - we'll see.

Ravens RB's caught 17 passes in the 7 games Lamar was the main QB, an average of 2.4 receptions  that's all the RB's on the team so yes to me that seems high. Kenneth Dixon is a pretty good pass catching RB, as good as Ingram IMO. He played 5 games with Lamar, got a solid 26 snaps a game, averaged 1.2 catches on 1.4 targets.

Gus pace is relevant because as a runner he was on pace for 1500 yards. Put his pedigree aside, you really think Ingram is going to run for more then 1500 yards? I don't so comping him vs Gus seems pretty relevant to me.

I also don't think he's going to get as many carries per game as Gus got last year. I believe what the Ravens said and I posted earlier. Ingram was not brought in to be the feature back, he was brought in to be the lead back of a  stable. 

Said all I can on this, I'm out on him. No upside and older.

Ravens RBs averaged 2.3 catches in the 7 games Lamar started last season.  You're saying it's going to be status quo, zero growth in an offense that you already said is going to be built from the ground up around Lamar.  I am not saying that they are going to have a Ray Rice-esque 75-catch RB this season, but it seems silly to say that it will be exactly what it was last year.
Well if they average 2.3 catches and Ravens RB's catch 40 passes that would be about an 8% improvement, if it goes up to 50 they jumped up over 25%. That's not status quo.

Just had a trade offer accepted that frankly I forgot I even made. That ever happen to any of you?

Gave: 1.10 and Tevin Coleman

Got: Fournette

People here hate Fournette. Fair. His YPC is low and he's hurt a lot but he produces fantasy points when he plays and he is someone I'm trying to buy low because people are so down on him.  I got a decent amount of high upside RB's on this team but only one I'd spend a top 4 round redraft pick on was Dalvin Cook, felt need to solidify my starting RB spots while I wait on some of my high upside other young RB's to come on.

Well if they average 2.3 catches and Ravens RB's catch 40 passes that would be about an 8% improvement, if it goes up to 50 they jumped up over 25%. That's not status quo.
If RBs on Baltimore don’t catch 50 passes this year, I think I’d eat my shorts.

I like the landing spot much more in nonppr than ppr, but it’s far from the worst spot IMO. He’ll be the clear cut lead guy in an offense that’s going to pound the ball.  

Just had a trade offer accepted that frankly I forgot I even made. That ever happen to any of you?

People here hate Fournette. Fair. His YPC is low and he's hurt a lot but he produces fantasy points when he plays and he is someone I'm trying to buy low because people are so down on him.  I got a decent amount of high upside RB's on this team but only one I'd spend a top 4 round redraft pick on was Dalvin Cook, felt need to solidify my starting RB spots while I wait on some of my high upside other young RB's to come on.
Steal for Fournette.  

No brainer.  Hate the landing spot for Coleman.  Fournette is a potential league winner this year with how much hate he’s built up.

I think you made a wise choice.  You have TE coverage, you have a sick starting lineup, so what you might be a tad short on "value".  2020 is THE year, that pick will appreciate in value and Ingram will be 30.

This is the kind of trade smart owners who win consistently make.
Thanks and we'll see but I do admit when I woke up this morning I thought about totality of the moves I've made in this league since the offseason(this was third major trade) and wondered if I should have kept the "if it's not broke" mantra.  This team scored more points then any FFPC dynasty team I saw last year and was with Bell sidelined so not the kind of team that maybe should have been screwed with but I'm also getting a bit bored with it and wanted a new challenge and that challenge for me now is trying to see how many years I can extend my run in this league. 

FFPC

Team A gets Saquan Barkley

Team B gets Kareem Hunt. Antonio Brown, 1.10, 2920 1st, 2920 2nd
Hunt... you have no idea where he ends up next year, and the rookie rb class is nice. Brown is in a new offense and getting older, still has 2-3 years at the top if hes used right. 1.10 isnt attractive to me. 2020 1st and 2nd... nice but this team is probably solid if they earned 1.10 without Hunt, so with Barkely it's likely to be low again, maybe even 1.12

Easy Barkely for me... 

easy fournette 

This was my thoughts as well.  Good return for Ingram.  The team paying for Ingram is a clear win now team with some aging stars on his team such as Brady, Brees, AB, Baldwin, Edelman, Tate, and now Ingram.  

Leery of Fournette but I’d buy him for this without hesitation 

Gave 2020 1st (mid-late)

Got David Johnson.

Funny thing is that I traded DJ for the 1.01 before last year and took Barkley. Other owner is in a big rebuild now so I figured I’d try to get DJ back. It worked.

I may try to flip DJ for a top WR, but I may keep him too.

I forget who mentioned earlier in this thread that I should try to do this, but thanks for the suggestion.

Gave 2020 1st (mid-late)

Got David Johnson.

Funny thing is that I traded DJ for the 1.01 before last year and took Barkley. Other owner is in a big rebuild now so I figured I’d try to get DJ back. It worked.

I may try to flip DJ for a top WR, but I may keep him too.

I forget who mentioned earlier in this thread that I should try to do this, but thanks for the suggestion.
Jesus.  So the guy ended up trading away Barkley for a 2020 mid/late 1st.  Ouch.  

Jesus.  So the guy ended up trading away Barkley for a 2020 mid/late 1st.  Ouch.  
Yeah, this looks like a great way to destroy your team.

Why not wait until DJ (hopefully) starts putting up bug numbers in the new Cardinal offense? Even if he puts up 2018 numbers again you can get a mid to late first in season, but if he goes back to 2016 form you can get a hell of a lot more - only upside with very little downside to holding. 

Yeah, this looks like a great way to destroy your team.

Why not wait until DJ (hopefully) starts putting up bug numbers in the new Cardinal offense? Even if he puts up 2018 numbers again you can get a mid to late first in season, but if he goes back to 2016 form you can get a hell of a lot more - only upside with very little downside to holding. 
I agree he should have waited. But if he’s putting up 2018 numbers, there’s no way I give up a mid 2020 first for him. He’ll be 28 this year. I’d rather take my chances on one of the young studs at that point.

I agree he should have waited. But if he’s putting up 2018 numbers, there’s no way I give up a mid 2020 first for him. He’ll be 28 this year. I’d rather take my chances on one of the young studs at that point.
His numbers in 2018 were still good though and a contender will pay so more of a late first.

Hill all day 
If he's in the clear for sure but I don't think it's a bad out if you are worried and not sure how one could not be at least a little worried right now.  Risky but depending on how things work out with Hill this could look like free Cooper when this whole thing settles and worst thing is you got a player in Cooper who as a Cowboy was within 3 points of Hill's fantasy production.

I own Cooper and Hill on teams. I for sure knowing what I know right now would not give up Cooper for Hill. I'm not sure what I'd do if someone offered me Cooper for Hill but I'd give it a long and serious thought.

If he's in the clear for sure but I don't think it's a bad out if you are worried and not sure how one could not be at least a little worried right now.  Risky but depending on how things work out with Hill this could look like free Cooper when this whole thing settles and worst thing is you got a player in Cooper who as a Cowboy was within 3 points of Hill's fantasy production.

I own Cooper and Hill on teams. I for sure knowing what I know right now would not give up Cooper for Hill. I'm not sure what I'd do if someone offered me Cooper for Hill but I'd give it a long and serious thought.
Yeah, I just now saw the Hill news. Was under a rock in Vegas all day yesterday. So agreed there’s other factors that I was considering.

Just made a pretty big one in FFPC.

Gave: Tyreek, Guice

Got: JuJu, Lindsay

This is just continued tinkering with my squad.  I love Tyreek but feel he is a bigger risk than JuJu long term.  He's basically 3 seasons older, has the checkered off field past, and is reilant on speed to make his game go.  Going after the stud I prefer. 

He asked for the RB swap to be included and I rank them similarly, so accepted his counter.  As a Skins fan, I know quite well that next year is going to be a hot mess and could see Guice disappointing as a result.  Figure Lindsay has just as much upside for the time being and won't be surprised if he's the more valuable of the two following next season.  I may consider shopping him too.
😃

bostonfred said:
Just happened. Not involved.  

Team a gets amari cooper 

Team b gets tyreek hill
Ew. I would be running around pantless if I were the new Hill owner. 

Sure it may be a risk but a risk I would take all day. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread