What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (6 Viewers)

FFPC SF

I gave Lockett
I got OBJ, Dalton

Not a fan of Lockett and his mostly dud games. 2/3 so far have been stud games but revisit in 10 weeks.
That's interesting and I don't play Superflex or know your QB situation, but I probably wouldn't have done that. What is your thought process behind it? Do you think Fields is back to the bench once Dalton is healthy? Is OBJ enough to cancel out Lockett in that instance?

Interesting.

That's interesting and I don't play Superflex or know your QB situation, but I probably wouldn't have done that. What is your thought process behind it? Do you think Fields is back to the bench once Dalton is healthy? Is OBJ enough to cancel out Lockett in that instance?

Interesting.
Here is one of my tweets from July regarding my thoughts on Lockett. https://twitter.com/Ship_Chaser/status/1419063148267511808?s=20

The QB situation is that I have Fields, Wentz, Brissett and now Dalton, but he has almost no bearing on this deal other than it gave the other guy the extra whatever he needed to swing the deal to me. For me I may or may not even roster Dalton past the next couple weeks or start him if I do keep him around. I would have slammed my keyboard for OBJ for Lockett straight up. Not that I am a huge OBJ fan - it is actually my first ever dynasty share. But Lockett is just not a guy I want in my lineup most weeks. 

Do you think Fields is back to the bench once Dalton is healthy?
Your guess is as good as mine on that - this way I will have the option between the two but this guy's price on OBJ was dramatically higher over the last couple months that I have been trying to get him. I am kind of surprised it came down to just Lockett now that OBJ came back and looked good.

Your guess is as good as mine on that - this way I will have the option between the two but this guy's price on OBJ was dramatically higher over the last couple months that I have been trying to get him. I am kind of surprised it came down to just Lockett now that OBJ came back and looked good.
Yeah, you know what? Somebody picked up on your Tweet or had Tweeted something similar a while back. I know I've seen that breakdown, framed that exact same way. I don't know if you did the work, but it wouldn't surprise me if somebody just sort of passed off your work as a general Tweet. There's no copyrighting fact.

Yeah, you know what? Somebody picked up on your Tweet or had Tweeted something similar a while back. I know I've seen that breakdown, framed that exact same way. I don't know if you did the work, but it wouldn't surprise me if somebody just sort of passed off your work as a general Tweet. There's no copyrighting fact.
I have no idea if it got copied or what but the data are there for anyone to look at. Game logs don't lie. All I did was compile it in a packaged nugget. But yeah it's like saying I invented the question mark.

Also that last joke was ripped off from someone else.

FFPC SF

I gave James Robinson
I got Bridgewater, 2022 2nd

I had this offer floating throughout the day and the other guy accepted it after the game tonight. I had Robinson in my lineup so I guess tonight was his last hoorah on this championship team of mine from last year. But the other guy could have used him if he had accepted earlier in the day. I won't get to use Bridgewater either. I have Mahomes only in this SF league, but picked up Brissett last night and now Bridgewater. I have a strong RB room still.

Sent AJ Brown and Quez Watkins and 2023 2nd for Stefon Diggs and a 2023 3rd  in my 12 team PPR SF TE Premium league.

Contending team and prefer the Buffalo offensive upside over this year and maybe next and don’t love Julio being there and now the soft tissue injury.  And for a powerful competitor like AJ, I worry he may force it too soon and struggle with it all year.

Don’t care about the pick swap two years out and got Quez for free so didn’t mind adding to seal the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team .5 PPR

Team A: Saquon, 2022 2nd, R. Stevenson

Team B: James Robinson, Terrace Marshall, 2022 1st, 2023 1st 

Felt good about the deal to get Saquon until Robinson popped off last night. Still feel good long term on it. 

FFPC

gave: sermon, 3rd

got: Terrace Marshall, 2nd

saw how Sermon looked when given the shot last week and decided to cut bait. 

FFPC

gave: sermon, 3rd

got: Terrace Marshall, 2nd

saw how Sermon looked when given the shot last week and decided to cut bait. 
Whew nice deal. I love Marshall and I am a Sermon stan (to some degree). I assume the other guy needed a RB pretty bad because it's hard to imagine moving Marshall and a 2nd for him but who knows.

A couple FFPC trades -- not involved but I tried hard to move for Williams/Carson but this offer beat me to it:

SuperFlex:

Team A gave Mike Williams, Carson
Team B gave Waller, Singletary, 2022 4th

I tried to give AJ Brown and a throw in but no dice.

Single QB:

Team 1 gave Fields, Gallup, Kmet, Felton
Team 2 gave Gesicki, Stafford, Robby Anderson, Barber

Unfortunately this seems to be the new norm in Zealots leagues. There are 4-6 owners too afraid to make a trade because they might get ripped off. 4-6 owners that see you are interested in one or more of their players and decide to bend you over. And 2-4 owners in the league that will make trades and you have to hope they have what you want and vice versa. It gets very frustrating.

The offers that receive no response are the ones that annoy me most.
I do not think this is unique to Zealots leagues. I have had the same experience in my FFPC leagues. There are only 4-5 teams I even bother to send proposals at this point. The remaining teams either respond with a ridiculous counter or never respond.

In terms of the lack of response, if you think the offer is a low ball what is the harm in responding? Seems like people that do not respond are missing an opportunity. Ultimately this issue will lead to some people turning away from dynasty formats.  

mzkp54 said:
12 team SF PPR

Gave: 2 ‘22 1sts, ‘23 1st
Got: CMC
3 1sts seems close to about right but at least one of them has to be early (preferably 2 of them).  We had Cook go for 4 1sts before the season.  3 seems about right.  I'd have done this if I was trying to compete.

I will take team A. Love Dobbins and if he does recover this should be a steal.
I’m sure Gus will recover as well.  Moore and Pittman will never be high end players and Lance probably will.  Gainwell could be better than Dobbins, especially in ppr

12 team SF, both teams contenders

Team A receives Devonta Smith

Team B receives Kenny Golladay, late 22 1st

14 team .5 PPR

Team A: Saquon, 2022 2nd, R. Stevenson

Team B: James Robinson, Terrace Marshall, 2022 1st, 2023 1st 

Felt good about the deal to get Saquon until Robinson popped off last night. Still feel good long term on it. 
Good deal for Saquan. Fair for sure. 

14 team devy ppr

team a gets Dobbins, E Moore, and Pittman

team b gets Lance and Gainwell
I’m a bit torn.  

Lance looks like a very high ceiling fantasy QB. Since Dobbins is an unknown at this point I have to evaluate it that way. And Gainwell may wind up the 1A in Philly.

That said Dobbins is an ACL, so he should be fine. I love Pittman as well. 

Donbins/Moore/Pittman side. Final answer. 

I’m a bit torn.  

Lance looks like a very high ceiling fantasy QB. Since Dobbins is an unknown at this point I have to evaluate it that way. And Gainwell may wind up the 1A in Philly.

That said Dobbins is an ACL, so he should be fine. I love Pittman as well. 

Donbins/Moore/Pittman side. Final answer. 
Do you believe Pittman and Moore will ever be top tier WRs for fantasy?  Doesn't it stand to reason Gainwell could be better than Dobbins in ppr?  Lance could very well be a top 3 fantasy QB given his arm and legs.  I can see why most would agree with you, but I'm not so sure.

Do you believe Pittman and Moore will ever be top tier WRs for fantasy?  Doesn't it stand to reason Gainwell could be better than Dobbins in ppr?  Lance could very well be a top 3 fantasy QB given his arm and legs.  I can see why most would agree with you, but I'm not so sure.
I totally believe Pittman will be & I think Moore could be.

I dealt a 2022 1st and a 2023 3rd for Pittman, so I’m definitely a believer. 

And as I said, I agree that Lance could be a top 3 asset. But unless it’s SF (maybe I missed that it was) then I give the edge to the Dobbins/Pittman side.

I struggled to pick a side though so if you asked me tomorrow, maybe I say Lance side. As a Niner fan obviously I hope you’re right. He needs some seasoning, but the tools are obviously there. 

I wouldn’t mind being on either side of this deal, so that’s probably the best way for me to answer. I was just doing the “with a gun to my head if I had to pick a side right now *dart throw* thing. 

ETA: all QBs have arms and legs, so that’s not really a convincing argument. :lol:  

ETA: all QBs have arms and legs, so that’s not really a convincing argument. :lol:  
LOL, I get the humor, but strong arm QBs that get a lot of yards on the ground are more desirable assets in this era of FF, than your typical drop back passer that can't run.

LOL, I get the humor, but strong arm QBs that get a lot of yards on the ground are more desirable assets in this era of FF, than your typical drop back passer that can't run.
Oh I know. I just crack myself up sometimes. I know this is a very serious trade topic, but I figured you’d get a laugh. 

Oh I know. I just crack myself up sometimes. I know this is a very serious trade topic, but I figured you’d get a laugh. 
As for Pittman, I have him in several leagues and I'm a Colts fan, so I know just about everything there is to know about Pittman.  I like his yards after the catch ability, but I don't see Wentz as all that good long term, but I could be wrong.  I also have some issues with Pittman's overall game.  As for Moore, I like him as a WR, but doubt he's ever a WR1 and I hate his situation.

As for Pittman, I have him in several leagues and I'm a Colts fan, so I know just about everything there is to know about Pittman.  I like his yards after the catch ability, but I don't see Wentz as all that good long term, but I could be wrong.  I also have some issues with Pittman's overall game.  As for Moore, I like him as a WR, but doubt he's ever a WR1 and I hate his situation.
Their QB situation is definitely my biggest concern with Pittman, but that said, I do believe he has all the tools to be a WR1. He's got the speed, the frame & the ability to get contested balls. 

Of the 2 WRs we're talking about, I believe he's the most likely to eventually be a WR1 in PPR. But again, the biggest pitfall is the Indy QB situation.  I think he's no worse than a high ceiling WR2 though. 

Their QB situation is definitely my biggest concern with Pittman, but that said, I do believe he has all the tools to be a WR1. He's got the speed, the frame & the ability to get contested balls. 

Of the 2 WRs we're talking about, I believe he's the most likely to eventually be a WR1 in PPR. But again, the biggest pitfall is the Indy QB situation.  I think he's no worse than a high ceiling WR2 though. 
I like your belief in Pittman, but don't be surprised when they draft their WR1 (Say David Bell or Traylon Burks, or even George Pickens when he's recovered).  

Regarding Dobbins, even while hurt he's being overvalued.  People forget how Baltimore loved Gus, so there is that.  With Gainwell's receiving ability, he could very well be more valuable than Dobbins long term.  Of course Dobbins has more value right now than Gainwell, thus the reason why I went after Lance too.

I like your belief in Pittman, but don't be surprised when they draft their WR1 (Say David Bell or Traylon Burks, or even George Pickens when he's recovered).  

Regarding Dobbins, even while hurt he's being overvalued.  People forget how Baltimore loved Gus, so there is that.  With Gainwell's receiving ability, he could very well be more valuable than Dobbins long term.  Of course Dobbins has more value right now than Gainwell, thus the reason why I went after Lance too.
I had the trade as a coin flip. 

I chose tails - that didn't mean I didn't like heads. 

;)  

On Dobbins, I agree - and will add that regardless of who the RB is in BAL, the team's leading rusher is likely to be LJax. But that said, it's rare an ACL doesn't result in a full recovery these days, and I could understand a FF team looking to buy him while hurt. In this particular package I don't see him as being overvalued, but I have seen a few deals for him where he is. 

I love Gainwell. He's a great 5th RB for my FF team & might be useful in a BYE. He outperformed Chubba & Mixon this week (with CMC hurt & on my bench, obv) but he's a bit less consistent week to week. He's a great flex dart throw & I love his future, as I think the team is getting tired of Sanders not living up to expectations. So I agree he's a nice get. 

14 team devy ppr

team a gets Dobbins, E Moore, and Pittman

team b gets Lance and Gainwell
Wouldn’t trade Dobbins for that alone, much less add Pittman. And I love Lance’s upside.

Edit: Gus will be 27 and coming off his own torn ACL, I see him as little threat and possibly a Cap casualty. I’d be more concerned about the Ravens drafting someone to be honest.

Wouldn’t trade Dobbins for that alone, much less add Pittman. And I love Lance’s upside.

Edit: Gus will be 27 and coming off his own torn ACL, I see him as little threat and possibly a Cap casualty. I’d be more concerned about the Ravens drafting someone to be honest.
Lance > Pittman and E Moore and Dobbins > Gainwell (for now ;)  )

12 team ppr.  Both team contending with depth to cover injuries on both sides.

Mixon/Fant for Montgomery/Kittle

10 tm ppr,

gave: pittman

got: miles sanders

in this league i'm rebuilding and have plenty of WR prospects and not much at RB... felt it was worth it to buy low sanders.

Blick said:

Montgomery/Kittle.  

I don't think the gap between Montgomery and Mixon is that large.  I assume Kittle has to get going at some point and should be a nice upgrade over Fant.

10 tm ppr,

in this league i'm rebuilding and have plenty of WR prospects and not much at RB... felt it was worth it to buy low sanders.
For the price, I think it's fine.  

I'm getting out of the Miles Sanders business where I can.  If he has a good game or 2, I'd send out offers for different backs.

Blick said:

Monty/Kittle

if redraft I might lean the other way due to the unknown Kittle usage this year & the longer term injury for Monty. 

But for the long haul dynasty deal the Monty/Kittle side got a bargain. 

10 tm ppr,

Pittman side for me. I’m not a Sanders believer because I’m not convinced that the Eagles are Sanders believers. 

I could be wrong, but Gainwell’s usage, while delightful to me in redraft, has to be concerning for Sanders shareholders, especially long-term. 

I loved what I saw of Sanders a couple years ago, but he isn’t that guy right now. 

Pittman side for me. I’m not a Sanders believer because I’m not convinced that the Eagles are Sanders believers. 

I could be wrong, but Gainwell’s usage, while delightful to me in redraft, has to be concerning for Sanders shareholders, especially long-term. 

I loved what I saw of Sanders a couple years ago, but he isn’t that guy right now. 
Agreed. Pittman > Sanders .. But how much is OL or OC?  

Agreed. Pittman > Sanders .. But how much is OL or OC?  

It’s a fair question. For whatever reason though Sanders isn’t trusted by his coaching staff to carry the load, and it appears he’s being phased out of the receiving game, the kiss of death in PPR leagues. 

It’s a fair question. For whatever reason though Sanders isn’t trusted by his coaching staff to carry the load, and it appears he’s being phased out of the receiving game, the kiss of death in PPR leagues. 
Yep.  This is the key.  A lot of people have been saying it.  They just don't seem to have the confidence in him to feed him.  Whatever the reason may be.  

I was a believer last year.  But I've been convinced and sold my shares.  

12 Team, Full IDP, SF, Salary Cap League 45 man rosters, TE 1 pt/15yd with 5 pt bonus at 20 yds.  

RB's:  Mixon, Taylor, Najee, Mattison, Gainwell, Dillon, (Damien Williams)

TE's:  Engram, Kroft, Juwan Johnson, Arnold, (Everett)

Traded:

• Damian Williams
  • Gerald Everett
for

• Dalton Schultz (currently TE5 in our scoring system)

Users who are viewing this thread