What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

That said, that's an awful lot to pay for him.  That it's not a Superflex does matter here, but picks 2 & 10 overall seems like a lot. 

Might be a combination of TLaw's poor showing this season combined with a nice run at the end of game 17 for Harris. 
My thoughts exactly.  High price, but sometimes this is what it costs to get an "elite RB" in Dynasty formats.  

i think it is overpay but if Team B gave up something else like a late 2nd or comparable player, I would say it was even / fair. 

12 team ppr - QB/2B/3WR/TE/FLEX

Team A gave up 

• Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB
  • Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.02
  • Year 2022 Draft Pick 1.10
Team B gave up 

• Harris, Najee PIT RB

I will go with Harris...the more I look at it that is not a ton to give up for one of the top Dynasty assets in the game...Lawrence is a nice addition in Dynasty but the fact it is a 1 QB league makes his addition a lot less exciting...as for the picks, the #2 is nice addition but I really don't like the third piece of this deal being that pick...I would have liked it to be a current player, preferably a young player with solid upside that you can get excited about...while I don't think this is a bad deal there is just too much room for error and it's not enough for me to give Najee.

Free Superflex league I am in.  12 team.  Start 1 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 3 flex (QB, WR, RB, TE).  Can only start total of 2 QBs max.

Gave up: 1.01, 1.11, 2.01, 2.08

Received: Prescott, Andrews, Jeudy, 2024 1st

For some context I earned the 1.01 and have a pitiful  team.  Only players of note are Lawrence, Chase, Fant and some depth at QB (Foles, Minshew, T. Hill).  I still have 2.02, 2.06, 2.07, 2.11, 3.05, 3.08, 3.10, 3.11.  Next year is my target year for competing.  I have 6 2023 1sts, 4 2023 2nds, and some 3rds and 4ths.

Free Superflex league I am in.  12 team.  Start 1 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 3 flex (QB, WR, RB, TE).  Can only start total of 2 QBs max.

Gave up: 1.01, 1.11, 2.01, 2.08

Received: Prescott, Andrews, Jeudy, 2024 1st

For some context I earned the 1.01 and have a pitiful  team.  Only players of note are Lawrence, Chase, Fant and some depth at QB (Foles, Minshew, T. Hill).  I still have 2.02, 2.06, 2.07, 2.11, 3.05, 3.08, 3.10, 3.11.  Next year is my target year for competing.  I have 6 2023 1sts, 4 2023 2nds, and some 3rds and 4ths.
Like this for you since everything I'm reading is there's no franchise QB in this draft. Would like it for you even if there were. 

Traded away

Antonio Gibson

Diontae Johnson

Traded For

Josh Jacobs

Michael Gallup

Damien Harris

Jacobs and Gibson are only a couple months apart in age, both will be 23 at the start of the season and I think Josh Jacobs is the better player.

Diontae Johnson and Gallup are a little further apart in most peoples rankings, but i would not be surprised if Gallup does more this year. I expect Ben to tank and there is no way that offense can support 3 WR's. On the other hand Gallup is going to play for an offense that can support 3 WR's.

They are the same age, they have very similar PFF player ranks, Gallup has had a thousand yard season already, and Gallup has the better QB. Yet, in most dynasty rankings Gallup is 10 spots behind Johnson.

Damien Harris is going to be a waste of a roster spot. I will be afraid to cut him since he will technically be a starter and he will have 3-4 good weeks this year all of which will be while he is on my bench. During a bye week when I am forced to start him he will put up 5 for 20 with 1 catch for 3 yards.

This isn't terrible and I get your thinking.  Plus, I think Gallup could go somewhere else next year and get more looks.  I also am not as high on Gibson as some of the others here but I think I'd lean slightly that way.  I think it is close though and don't see a problem either way.  Maybe Harris will start off with a couple of good games and you can throw him in another trade for something.

Sorry MT, but I liked what you traded away a bit better. I see more upside for Gibson & Johnson, especially in Dynasty. You are right tho about Gallup.

Gibson and Johnson by a lot for me

All those TD's in week 16 and 17 by Harris/Jacobs were the anchor for my team winning the title :towelwave:

Now I need to figure out what to do with Harris.

12 Team SF/TE Premium PPR

Context: lost in championship and desperately need to upgrade my QB position with a true anchor.  League is three years in and I tried to make it work by focusing on value at other positions and it darn near worked.  QB’s before trade were: Ryan, Heineke, Goff, Newton, Fitzmagic.

Gave: Dalvin Cook, Tyreek Hill, Matt Ryan

Got: Josh Allen, 2023 2nd

Trade calculator’s varied in their views but I knew needed to give to get and that situation at QB was simply unsustainable.

Flame away. 😊

Context: lost in championship and desperately need to upgrade my QB position with a true anchor.  League is three years in and I tried to make it work by focusing on value at other positions and it darn near worked.  QB’s before trade were: Ryan, Heineke, Goff, Newton, Fitzmagic.

Trade calculator’s varied in their views but I knew needed to give to get and that situation at QB was simply unsustainable.

Flame away. 😊
Love it. Ryan has little value. Cook always seems banged up and the RB lifespan is short. Hill probably has a few good years left but you got a top QB in return so you are going to pay for that in SF.

Flame away. 😊
Not gonna flame at all. Getting Allen in SF is huge. RBs get hurt a lot and typically have a short shelf life. Cook is an extreme example of this. Ryan looks kinda washed (despite some good FF compiling numbers in games that the Falcons were constantly playing from behind) and that leaves Hill, who is capable of being the top WR in FF, but hasn’t really been this year or last. He’s kind of a boom or bust player these days. 

With Allen you’re getting a true anchor to your team, who is as consistent as they come & may even have some room to improve his already great play. 

I actually love this deal for you. Would a 1st instead of a 2nd been better? Sure. But if it’s an over-pay, that’s about the breadth of it in SF.

Love it. Ryan has little value. Cook always seems banged up and the RB lifespan is short. Hill probably has a few good years left but you got a top QB in return so you are going to pay for that in SF.

Not gonna flame at all. Getting Allen in SF is huge. RBs get hurt a lot and typically have a short shelf life. Cook is an extreme example of this. Ryan looks kinda washed (despite some good FF compiling numbers in games that the Falcons were constantly playing from behind) and that leaves Hill, who is capable of being the top WR in FF, but hasn’t really been this year or last. He’s kind of a boom or bust player these days. 

With Allen you’re getting a true anchor to your team, who is as consistent as they come & may even have some room to improve his already great play. 

I actually love this deal for you. Would a 1st instead of a 2nd been better? Sure. But if it’s an over-pay, that’s about the breadth of it in SF.
Appreciate the replies and perspective provided.  And I agree with those points as they were ultimately why I traded those specific players off of this squad.  Highest perceived value (other than Ryan) and WR is becoming flush with young talent.

Plus I love trading and have no doubt I’ll continue tweaking to replace those studs.

Next up, seeing what I can get for Fant…

14 TM 12 pl keeper -  QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex

Gave: Kamara, 6.13, 8.13

Got: Javonte Williams, 2.07, 2.08

12 Keepers below

A. Rodgers

L. Fournette, S. Barkley, J. Williams, M. Gordon

D. Adams, J. Jefferson. D. Metcalf, M. Evans, JuJu

T. Kelce, H. Henry

kyter1 said:

12 Keepers below

A. Rodgers

T. Kelce, H. Henry
im actually surprised that the picks weren’t reversed. IMO, to get Williams for Kamara, the Kamara side has to juice the pot with some picks. Pretty amazing deal for you from where I’m sitting. 

kyter1 said:

12 Keepers below

A. Rodgers

T. Kelce, H. Henry
I’m taking Javonte here pretty easily. 

FFPC standard:

Gave: Jalen Hurts

Got: 2023#2, most likely top half of round

Fair debate if I sold light but it works for me, I considered Hurts as my third most valued and 17th-18th most valued player and need to cut down to 14 eventually. Kept 3 QB's out of 14 total players last off season, could not do it this year and with need to trim down some roster room was motivated to hurry up and move what to me was possibly my most valued trade commodity I could afford to lose.

FFPC standard:

Fair debate if I sold light but it works for me, I considered Hurts as my third most valued and 17th-18th most valued player and need to cut down to 14 eventually. Kept 3 QB's out of 14 total players last off season, could not do it this year and with need to trim down some roster room was motivated to hurry up and move what to me was possibly my most valued trade commodity I could afford to lose.
Looks fine to me. 

FFPC standard:

For FFPC hurts is barely a keeper.  High 2nd???  Easy

Well boys. @rockaction @joey he accepted it. We didn’t even have to go back and forth at all. I sent the offer, and he said let’s do it. 

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

Gave: 2022 1.01

Received: Kyle Pitts

The 1.01 this year seems kind of weak, and I’ve been actively trying to move it for about a week now. Pitts just put up 1000 yards as a 20 year old, and I feel like he’s going to be a rock solid foundation for my team for the next 10+ years, particularly in TE premium. 

Well boys. @rockaction @joey he accepted it. We didn’t even have to go back and forth at all. I sent the offer, and he said let’s do it. 

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

The 1.01 this year seems kind of weak, and I’ve been actively trying to move it for about a week now. Pitts just put up 1000 yards as a 20 year old, and I feel like he’s going to be a rock solid foundation for my team for the next 10+ years, particularly in TE premium. 
Love this deal for you!  If I had the 1.1 I'd make this deal every time, especially in TE premium.  

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

Kind of a foolish move by the person giving up Pitts.

Kind of a foolish move by the person giving up Pitts.
I was surprised there wasn’t a little more back and forth. I have three 2nds in 2022 as well, and I was prepared to throw in one of those if he was close but not quite there. Fortunately, I didn’t have to even come off any. 

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

Steal for you. The only thing holding Pitts back is TDs. Pitts has the volume covered. Without question, he will be a top 2 target in ATL for many years. If he can be established as a constant red-zone weapon, he'll be untouchable.

As part of a deep dive into positions, I looked at the weekly scoring for the top 10 TE (standard PPR) for the fantasy regular season (14 weeks). Of those 140 scores, 93 were associated with a TD. Pretty much 2/3. This is why the top TE are such difference-makers because there are only a few who where it is possible for them to have a top 10 week without a TD and they also have the advantage of some truly monster weeks.

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

That's a good deal for you in a regular league, but in TEP that's outstanding...

Gave: Kamara and Kupp

Received: Taylor, Pitts, 2022 3rd round pick

It is a TE premium

Probably 2 of the top 5 players in dynasty value coming back your way and all you had to add was a 3rd?  Great trade.

ETA: Oops you got a 3rd, didn't even have to add one.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeJoe88 said:

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

Why would he do that?

ipljeff said:
Gave: Kamara and Kupp

Received: Taylor, Pitts, 2022 3rd round pick

It is a TE premium
So when the police came to investigate, did you hide the gun & mask you used in this robbery? 

Talk about selling high on Kupp. I wasn’t aware Kamara still had this kind of juice.

The 3rd round pick is so irrelevant to this deal as to be hilarious. 

Here's a look back at how I handled my first ever rebuild this year. I've played 13 other seasons of dynasty in various leagues over the years and made the playoffs in all of them. I took over this orphan team days before the season started and, by Week 3, decided to make it my first rebuild.

Team I took over:

QB: Burrow, Lance, Wentz, Carr, Mills
RB: Javonte Williams, Singletary, Michael Carter, R. Stevenson
WR: Godwin, Aiyuk, Diontae, Jeudy, Waddle, MWill, Toney, Mooney, Cephus
TE: Gesicki, Irv Smith/Herndon, Jarwin, Freiermuth
Picks: Team-earned R1-4 2022-24

This is a 12-team SF PPR 1.5 TE team where you start QB 2xRB 2xWR TE 2xFL SF. I've got to give the previous owner credit for his draft. He should have stuck with the team! Surprisingly, I made fewer trades than usual. Part of that was due to the league, but I did offer fewer trades. Still, I added five 1st rounders in the five trades. Here they are, in order:

1. Wentz and 22 2nd (2.03) for Renfrow and 22 1st (1.06)

2. Burrow and 23 2nd for Fields, Gainwell and 23 1st

3. Godwin, Diontae, MWill, Stevenson for Chase, Claypool, G. Davis, Parham, Campbell, 22 2nd (2.09)

4. Carr, Gesicki, Renfrow, Michael Carter, 22 2nd (2.09) , 23 3rd for Goedert, Mac Jones, 22 1st (1.08), 23 1st

5. Goedert, D'Ernest for 22 1st of 3-6 team (1.11)

Analysis: No. 4 seems like a HR to me, No. 3 maybe a double, No. 1 a single, No. 5 probably ended up being a negative because I got unlucky with him making the playoffs and final. If I had just lost to his competitor for the last playoff spot in W13, his 1.11 would be 1.04. Giving up Burrow could haunt me. This was when Fields had just become starter, before he looked bad, and in a league with 4 pt passing TD and 1 pt/25 passing yards, I decided to build around two running QBs in Fields and Lance.

Team at end of season:

QB: Lance, Fields/Dalton, Mac Jones, Mills, Minshew

RB: JaVonte, Singletary, Gainwell, Foreman, D'Ernest

WR: Chase, Waddle, Aiyuk, Mooney, Jeudy, Claypool, Toney, G. Davis, Campbell, Cephus, Smith-Marsette

TE: Muth, Irv Smith, Parham

Picks: 22 1.03, 1.06, 1.08, 1.11, 23 three 1sts

Overall, I'm happy to get the added picks to put my mark on this team, and happy to have Chase, Waddle and JaVonte to build around. Plus a ton of depth at WR that gives me options. I'll look to add some RBs with my 1st rounders this year, by pick or trade. The competitiveness of my team going forward basically depends on Lance and Fields stepping up. 

Think I know where opinions will fall on this trade but want to see them in any case (I'm not involved in the trade).

14 team PPR Superflex

Team A trades: Russell Wilson, Hunter Renfrow, Rex Burkhead, 2023 3rd

Team B trades: Josh Allen, Odell Beckham

Think I know where opinions will fall on this trade but want to see them in any case (I'm not involved in the trade).

14 team PPR Superflex

As a dude who just paid up for Josh Allen in SF, this is an easy win for Team A in my book.  Sure, Wilson still has value and I own Renfrow in 4 of 5 dynasty leagues so love him but this is a small price to add to Wilson to get Allen.  As for Beckham, who knows...

14 team PPR Superflex

Josh Allen easily here. 

JoeJoe88 said:

10 Man 2QB, TE Premium 

Would be light in regular and 12 team leagues IMO. 10 teams where top studs get more valuable and TE premium makes it a steal IMO. Weak QB draft class in a 2QB turns it into robbery!

14 team PPR Superflex

The 23 3rd should be 22 and 23 1sts.

3. Godwin, Diontae, MWill, Stevenson for Chase, Claypool, G. Davis, Parham, Campbell, 22 2nd (2.09)
Looked at your rebuild and this jumped out at me as giving up way, way too much for too little. Can you tell me why you liked this trade for you? 

Johnson and Godwin are in their primes (I'm assuming you traded Godwin before his injury). I'm trying to wrap my head around the logic of this deal, and I can't. 

Looked at your rebuild and this jumped out at me as giving up way, way too much for too little. Can you tell me why you liked this trade for you? 

Johnson and Godwin are in their primes (I'm assuming you traded Godwin before his injury). I'm trying to wrap my head around the logic of this deal, and I can't. 
It was overpaying for Chase to be a building block of my rebuild. This was after Chase’s first 200-yard game. I’m still ok with it. I look at it as Diontae and Godwin for Chase, MWill for Claypool, Stevenson for G. Davis, 2.09 and the other pieces. Basically, I got my guy and knew I was overpaying to do so. But, I may have underestimated the gap between Diontae and Claypool at the time. I traded for Diontae in my other dynasty where I won the title, and love him.

I think the negotiation basically went: I'll give you two of these three for Chase. He says he'd do it for all three. I say add in Claypool and I'll give all three. He says he'll add in Claypool if I add in Stevenson (he has D. Harris). I say I'll put in Stevenson if you put in your 2nd, along with these guys as throw-ins.

Ohhhhh...you mean Ja'Marr Chase AND Chase Claypool. 

I thought when you had typed, "Chase, Claypool" that you were typing his name improperly or had a syntactical glitch. Like it was Chase Claypool, Gabe Davis, and the 3rd you got. One person. 

You meant Ja'Marr Chase and Chase Claypool in return.

I hated that deal. Now I don't mind it at all. 

I thought when you had typed, "Chase, Claypool" that you were typing his name improperly or had a syntactical glitch. Like it was Chase Claypool, Gabe Davis, and the 3rd you got. One person. 

Heh, yes, I traded for the two Chases. I liked the idea of getting both and making that my new team name. Though I'll be looking to trade some WRs this offseason (anyone other than Chase and Waddle), and so Claypool may go if someone wants him.

I thought the same thing and was like, rebuilding by trading good players for less good players is not the way to go. 

2. Burrow and 23 2nd for Fields, Gainwell and 23 1st
You could end up seriously regretting this trade depending on how Burrow keeps developing and who you get at 23 1st vs 23 2nd. Teaming Burrow and Jamar Chase could have been the bedrock of your team, and if Fields doesn't get a great new HC he could flop hard. 

You could end up seriously regretting this trade depending on how Burrow keeps developing and who you get at 23 1st vs 23 2nd. Teaming Burrow and Jamar Chase could have been the bedrock of your team, and if Fields doesn't get a great new HC he could flop hard. 
Yeah, that's the one I regret, especially after getting Chase. But, in my other dynasty orphan I took over at the same time, I also had Burrow and traded for Chase, and I took the previously winless orphan to the championship in year 1. So I've got the Burrow-Chase combo there, and don't mind doing something different in this league with focusing my rebuild around the two running QBs. When I made the trade, Sanders had just gotten injured and Gainwell was looking promising. Fields had just become the starter and hadn't looked awful yet. I was looking to add 1sts, and I felt I was adding one here plus a RB with potential while the QB swap could eventually even go in my favor. Burrow was putting up pretty pedestrian totals early in the season. It could still turn out that way, but isn't looking so good now. I did also think that he figured his 23 2nd for my 23 1st wouldn't be that big of a difference, while I'm confident I will make the playoffs next season. As I said, this was the first time I missed the playoffs in a dynasty league over 14 years, and I'm not planning on doing it again. I think I have the ammo on my team to make sure that doesn't happen. And he also might not do as well as he expects. But if I looked to do this trade right now, I would want more back to swap Burrow and Fields.

So good work overall, IMO. But this needs Goedert. I think you now roster him. 

That trade was a home run, in my estimation. 
I gave away Goedert in trade No. 5 for the 22 1st of a 3-6 team. And that pick was so close to being 1.04, but turned into 1.11. Not a good move in 1.5 TE premium. I'm hoping to use some of my picks/WRs to get Pitts this offseason. Thinking I'll start by offering his choice of 1.03 plus a WR (other than Chase/Waddle) or 1.08 plus two WRs. He's pretty much got no one at WR after Tyreek and Keenan, and I have his 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread