What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

Made 2 moves today.

12 team IDP SF PPR
Balanced scoring between IDP and offense. Contract league. 

Gave: AJB (1), Higgins (2), Patrick Queen (3)

Got: Justin Jefferson (4), Isaiah Simmons (3), Jeremy Chinn (2)

Gave: Fournette (1), J. Palmer (3), N. Collins (3), ‘23 2nd

Got: Damien Harris (1), Van Jefferson (4), Deion Jones (1), ‘23 4th

1 QB PPR

Team A gives - Dak Prescott 

Team B gives - DeShaun Watson and Darnell Mooney

I have no issues moving on from Watson since his legal issues still appear to be not close to resolution although I would have liked this deal more last year when it really felt like he was gonna miss the year...while Watson is the better QB Dak is a solid fantasy QB who despite a tough slump during the year still ended up with 4449-37 in 16 games...overall I think what your QB unit looks like influences this deal...if I have a another high-end QB than adding Watson makes sense but if I didn't I would sit tight with Dak because if a worst case scenario happens to him legally you are now in big trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC; 2 different league; both 1QB

trade 1: not involved

Team A gives: 1.04

Team B (league winner) gives: 2023 1st

trade 2: not involved

Team A gives: 1.06, Albert O, Gus Edwards

Team B gives: Rashod Bateman, 2023 1st (likely non playoff team and top 6)

First trade is just stupid...I like the Bateman side on the second one...you get a WR who showed some real upside despite missing a decent amount of time and you recoup the #1 that has a chance to be a high one...1.6 is a good pick but Bateman makes up for that and Edwards and AO are just touching the fringes of a roster and absolutely not the type of players that should move the need on this type of deal. 

12 Team PPR 1QB

Team is aging out and I need to get younger.  Won two championships in a row a couple years back but now need to get out of the middle.  

Gave: Ekeler and Melvin Gordon 

Got: Chris Godwin, James Robinson, Jared Patterson and a 2023 2nd

Was trying to deal Kamara  but there is literally zero interest in this league and it’s been that way now since last off-season.  Tried this deal first with Kamara but no go…also, no one willing to deal firsts in either 2022 or 2023 so had to explore younger players as options.

that’s a horrible deal unless they know it’ll be a top 4 pick in 2023, and even then  they should have received more than a direct swap.

yuck

Team A gives: 1.06, Albert O, Gus Edwards

Team B gives: Rashod Bateman, 2023 1st (likely non playoff team and top 6)
2nd deal isn’t bad - gimme the Bateman/2023 1st side. 

Made 2 moves today.

12 team IDP SF PPR

Given the contracts these deals make more sense, but that first deal - gotta sting losing AJB just as he’s coming on, and Higgins & Queen are both solid players. Still, Jefferson for 4 years is a nice get.

I’m not sure what kind of future VJ has - I watched quite a bit of him this year, and while he’s shown improvement, he has r flashed much, save for an occasional big play. He’s had a few bad games as well with easy drops. It’s early in his career - if OBJ is gone, I could see him settling into a more reliable role, even with Woods back. But the Rams have to want to do that. 

Given the contracts these deals make more sense, but that first deal - gotta sting losing AJB just as he’s coming on, and Higgins & Queen are both solid players. Still, Jefferson for 4 years is a nice get.

I’m not sure what kind of future VJ has - I watched quite a bit of him this year, and while he’s shown improvement, he has r flashed much, save for an occasional big play. He’s had a few bad games as well with easy drops. It’s early in his career - if OBJ is gone, I could see him settling into a more reliable role, even with Woods back. But the Rams have to want to do that. 
yeah I didn’t feel either was a slam dunk. Contracts were a big part of the first deal. The amount of $ I’ll save the next few years not having to tag them will help me replace their production, and our IDP scoring is balanced to the point that Chinn actually outscored Higgins. If I can find a good WR in FA or the draft I think I come out ahead. 

Deion Jones was the big get for me here. Jefferson I see as just as much a wild card as Palmer or Nico, and I think Harris for Fournette is a good swap to get younger at the position with future questions in TB. 

Well see. I appreciate the thoughts. 

Yeah.  I have pick 4 and it's making me want to try similar deals.  A good looking player and a projected early future 1st.  I will probably get laughed at cause a deal like that makes no sense for the other team, especially this year.

ghostguy123 said:
Yeah.  I have pick 4 and it's making me want to try similar deals.  A good looking player and a projected early future 1st.  I will probably get laughed at cause a deal like that makes no sense for the other team, especially this year.
Yeah I mean even if Denver traded Fant to GB today for Rodgers (plus whatever else involved) and Albert O became the #1 there, which I actually think is fairly reasonably likely, I still wouldn't do this. I'm not actually that big on Bateman (I like him just don't think he will be a fantasy stud) but he carries a ton of value right now and I think he could quite easily be flipped for an additional 2023 1st or a current 1st that may be equal or better than the 1.06 here.

Unwrittenlaw said:
What is James Robinson worth now?
Before Akers showed us that a Achilles injury can be overcome, 3rd.  Now, I'd probably pay a mid 2nd.  There's still substantial risk due to the injury, competition for touches with Etienne, and a new coaching staff. 

Yeah I mean even if Denver traded Fant to GB today for Rodgers (plus whatever else involved) and Albert O became the #1 there, which I actually think is fairly reasonably likely, I still wouldn't do this. I'm not actually that big on Bateman (I like him just don't think he will be a fantasy stud) but he carries a ton of value right now and I think he could quite easily be flipped for an additional 2023 1st or a current 1st that may be equal or better than the 1.06 here.
ok so this would be weird though

Before Akers showed us that a Achilles injury can be overcome, 3rd.  Now, I'd probably pay a mid to early 2nd.  There's still substantial risk due to the injury, competition for touches with Etienne, and a new coaching staff. 
JFC I'm such an idiot. I think the end of the FF season and the holidays (and last weekends football games) fried my brain. This whole time I had it in my head that Robinson tore his ACL, but it was his achilles. I'm bumping him down further now but yes the Akers recovery has been amazing. And there have been many other recent examples of achilles recoveries, too. 

I'm actually a bit more skeptical on ETN's recovery because lisfranc has a really bad history. He has said he will be ready for TC, though. 

BigAl21 said:

Yeah I mean I'd have to go 1.04 here, but I don't think the demarcation is that far off. Meaning I don't know if I would want the 1.06 or 1.07 for a random 2023 1st, or even a likely late one. I just haven't dove into this class yet but I am sure there is someone at 1.04 I will fall in love with.

battlestar said:
12 Team PPR 1QB

Team is aging out and I need to get younger.  Won two championships in a row a couple years back but now need to get out of the middle.  

Gave: Ekeler and Melvin Gordon 

Got: Chris Godwin, James Robinson, Jared Patterson and a 2023 2nd

Was trying to deal Kamara  but there is literally zero interest in this league and it’s been that way now since last off-season.  Tried this deal first with Kamara but no go…also, no one willing to deal firsts in either 2022 or 2023 so had to explore younger players as options.
Sorry to quote my own post…the James Robinson discussion makes this relevant imo.

mzkp54 said:
Made 2 moves today.

12 team IDP SF PPR

Not knowing how your contracts/salary work and just going off the years of control I would much rather be on the other side of both these trades.  

Jefferson is a bit of a worry with the turmoil the Vikes are in and not knowing what they do with Cousins or who will be their QB.  Simmons is underachieving and should be much better than he is and Chinn is a DB.  They are the kickers of IDP.  

The second one is closer and may depend on my roster as to what side I need but with just the info given I would rather be on the "Gave" side.  

Sorry to quote my own post…the James Robinson discussion makes this relevant imo.
I've looked at that trade a couple times and I keep wanting to say that I like the Ekeler side the most because I am generally always trying to win now and I think he (and Gordon to some extent) give the best win now equity. But Godwin is probably the prize here, and a 2nd i+ Robinson isn't chopped liver. Sooo I suppose the deal for me hinges on whether I thought I could still compete at RB, but generally I think the whole thing is a very fair and square deal for both sides.

More since Cam Akers pulled a medical miracle recovery out. 

I’d be looking to sell before we find out that Robinson is more like the other players who’ve sustained that injury. 
Isn't it still early on Akers?   I wouldn't call 24/48, 17/55, and 5/3 proof he is back to form.

Isn't it still early on Akers?   I wouldn't call 24/48, 17/55, and 5/3 proof he is back to form.
For me it was more the eye test.  He looked quick and sudden with his moves similar to his pre-injury form.  It really didn't look like he had a serious injury about 6 months ago.   So give him a full off season and more type to get back into game shape and I think he appears to be back to his old self.  

The fact that he even made it back this season and has relegated Michel to the bench is a success in my opinion. No one expected that. 

Obviously only time will tell. 

For me it was more the eye test.  He looked quick and sudden with his moves similar to his pre-injury form.  It really didn't look like he had a serious injury about 6 months ago.   So give him a full off season and more type to get back into game shape and I think he appears to be back to his old self.  
Perhaps, but I still need him to have a better running average than he has shown so far.  Part of what an Achilles injury does is zap you of your burst and ability to cut.  I'm not saying he won't eventually get it back, but just that we haven't seen it yet and it's too early to say he's back to the same RB as before the injury.  He may never come back to that, but he may.  Too early.

Yeah maybe the TB run defense (even if they did trail off) and AZ run defenses were pretty good, too. I thought he looked pretty good, too. A lot of people did. It wasn't just "oh wow this guy came back the same season from an achilles". That is a thing and it is remarkable but he is making plays. He has been involved in the passing game as well BTW.

Perhaps, but I still need him to have a better running average than he has shown so far.  Part of what an Achilles injury does is zap you of your burst and ability to cut.  I'm not saying he won't eventually get it back, but just that we haven't seen it yet and it's too early to say he's back to the same RB as before the injury.  He may never come back to that, but he may.  Too early.
I think playoff defenses do have a role in his underwhelming numbers.  But he also had 3 or 4 big plays called back for penalties where he popped on the screen for me where I thought he looked back to 100% of his burst and cutting ability.  I was actually surprised his numbers were so low because he looked better than that to me. 

He passed the eye test though. Good burst, cutting & juking - good top end speed when there was a hole, too. Even showed a little power. 

Despite the overall output, that’s what one needed to see to value him for FF.

I should have read this before replying. I basically said the same. Lol 

He passed the eye test though. Good burst, cutting & juking - good top end speed when there was a hole, too. Even showed a little power. 

Despite the overall output, that’s what one needed to see to value him for FF.
Sorry, but I need to see production.  Not saying it won't come, but it hasn't yet, so I'm not going to declare him back to form until I do so.

Sorry, but I need to see production.  Not saying it won't come, but it hasn't yet, so I'm not going to declare him back to form until I do so.
It's fair, but I feel like what we've seen just 7 months after surgery is pretty telling. 

To each their own. I think anyone who was able to get him for a 2nd or 3rd immediately after the injury made a shrewd investment & should be elated with what they've seen to date.

I doubt any of them would take a low offer for him now, based on how good he's looked in the playoffs. Stats on a screen don't accurately reflect what we saw on the field.  

The subject is James Robinson, not Akers.  You're confusing the other post about Akers with this one.
Oh - my bad. Sorry - no proper nouns in your post. lol 

In that case I agree - I wouldn't give a 3rd for him. I wouldn't make an offer for him until I saw him on the field. 

You would regret not taking the 2nd most likely.  Let's not forget, to go along with that bad injury you have ETN coming off an injury.
Well I think you would regret giving up for a second. I'm entirely comfortable with my evaluation.

Robinson in also on the last year of his contract. ETN, unproven and coming off injury of his own, seems likely to be an issue for a year at most and fwiw I thought Robinson was going to be solid last year before ETN ever went down, but it certainly helped.

Bottom line for me I am a believer in Robinson's three down skill set and don't believe his injury recovery is remotely as dire as most of you think. Akers, who I own zero shares of btw, was someone I said similar things about on these forums when he went down-that the injury was not as dire as everyone thinks.

Well I think you would regret giving up for a second. I'm entirely comfortable with my evaluation.

Robinson in also on the last year of his contract. ETN, unproven and coming off injury of his own, seems likely to be an issue for a year at most and fwiw I thought Robinson was going to be solid last year before ETN ever went down, but it certainly helped.

Bottom line for me I am a believer in Robinson's three down skill set and don't believe his injury recovery is remotely as dire as most of you think. Akers, who I own zero shares of btw, was someone I said similar things about on these forums when he went down-that the injury was not as dire as everyone thinks.
I admire you as an eternal optimist. 

I didn't say I wouldn't give a 3rd, I said I wouldn't give a 2nd or take a 3rd.
Same difference. I wouldn't give a 2nd or a 3rd for him, and if I had him I wouldn't take a 3rd, but I might take a 2nd. 

I'm not very high on Robinson even when healthy and in a functional offense. The Jags would have to take a big leap under Leftwich, AND Robinson would have to show an Akers-ian comeback for me to even consider investing in him. 

Injury-wise, I agree - modern medical science continues to amaze me. That said, as @JohnnyU implies, the jury may still be out on his recovery (I'm less skeptical based on what I've seen so far). And regardless, we don't know if Akers is an outlier, or the new normal for Achilles repair. Not being a doctor, I also don't know if there are more and less severe types of this injury, and if that contributed to Akers recovery? 

But all that aside, Akers plays in a better offense, on a more established team that's in win-now mode. 

Robinson is on the Jags, arguably the worst team in the league, and I'm gonna say tied with Houston as the most disfunctionally run organization in the NFL. They have a 2nd year QB who wasn't particularly impressive in his 1st year, a bad OL, a bad defense, and TBD amount of competition from ETN when he returns. I'm hopeful that Leftwich can turn things around, but I certainly don't expect miracles in the 1st season. I'm hesitant to buy in to the Jags in FF for those reasons & more, and Robinson comes with his own questions in terms of recovery, upside and ceiling. 

I'm just saying, it's not as simple as "Akers & Robinson both tore their Achilles" - hey, Brad Pitt & I both take pictures in our underwear, but no one's racing out to make a calendar of me. 

Check out my onlyfans tho. ;)  

Robinson is on the Jags, arguably the worst team in the league, and I'm gonna say tied with Houston as the most disfunctionally run organization in the NFL. They have a 2nd year QB who wasn't particularly impressive in his 1st year, a bad OL, a bad defense, and TBD amount of competition from ETN when he returns. I'm hopeful that Leftwich can turn things around, but I certainly don't expect miracles in the 1st season. I'm hesitant to buy in to the Jags in FF for those reasons & more, and Robinson comes with his own questions in terms of recovery, upside and ceiling. 
But it's not like he's joining the Jags and we have to spend time studying the impact, he's been living in this situation since he entered the league and has been performing very well.

Team A trades D Hop & 2022 3rd rounder

Team B trades Hurts, Penny & J Meyers
I guess SF could give Hurts more value but I don't think he is a long term answer and would hate my team if I was starting Penny or Meyers so I'll go with the D-hop side just because of his upside but this could go either way and if you believe Hurts could stick or Penny takes over in Seattle then I get it.

Injury-wise, I agree - modern medical science continues to amaze me. That said, as @JohnnyU implies, the jury may still be out on his recovery (I'm less skeptical based on what I've seen so far). And regardless, we don't know if Akers is an outlier, or the new normal for Achilles repair. Not being a doctor, I also don't know if there are more and less severe types of this injury, and if that contributed to Akers recovery? 

Also my optimism, not to be confused with saying he's 100% sure to return to form, but my optimism has almost nothing to do with Akers. Akers just made me start to think it could be faster then I thought. I kind off figured Robinson was toast for half or all of next year, Akers got me thinking it's possible that's not the case. Akers mainly provided optimism for 2022, my valuation of Robinson extended longer then that.

Major difference in how I perceive the severity of his injury vs most other people is I'm looking past comping his injury to just RB's. I'm looking at other positions, other sports even, and it's just my opinion the focus has always been to heavy on just looking at RB recovery which has an major issue with a small sample size.

Superflex Best Ball Devy Dynasty with TE Premium of 2 PPR vs 1 PPR for all others

Lineup is QB, RB, WR, TE, 5 Flex, 1 SF

Give: Dak Prescott

Get: Kyle Pitts

I have only two other QB's but they are: Herbert and Burrow

My current TE's are basically young or longshots: Trautman, Parham, Bryant, Granson

I hate to give up a QB in Superflex but with 2 PPR TEP and how Dak looked and with DAL's defense improving...

Dak scored 20.6 PPG this year (Top QB's scored 25 PPG, 23 PPG, 23 PPG)

Pitts scored 15 PPG (Top TE's scored 24 PPG, 22.5 PPG, 20 PPG)

Pitts would be a significant bump (10 PPG?) to my TE slot for 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread