What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

12 team PPR. 1 QB. Just traded:

1.07, 2023 3rd

for

2023 1st

I am excited about 7 prospects this year so I was fine holding onto the pick, but I sent the offer and am also fine with next years picks.

If this team looks no better than the 7th best team or even has a fair shot of being a   top 5 pick, I'm all for it.   However, if this is one of the two or three best teams in the league, I'm out or at the very least not kicking in what could be a "premium" 3rd rounder for the right to defer my 1st rounder one year into a better draft class at a worse spot.

I'm as bullish on the 2023 class as the next guy, and yeah, the 1.11 in '23 could very well have a better outlook than the 1.7 in '22, but the cost of time still applies, along with the small possibility of any league folding earlier than expected.

It should be stated that I love Skyy Moore as a safety blanket at the 1.7 this year.   I understand that you will probably get a look at more talented big school WRs in '23 (or better yet, a big time RB), but will any of them have a chance of being Mahomes' go-to target for ten years?

However, you did very well if you have any realistic shot at a top 4-5 RB or Smith-Njigba.

12tm SF, TE Prem, IDP, Devy (no limit, 4-round annual combo draft)

JK Dobbins, John Metchie, Rondale Moore, 2.08

for

Christian McCaffrey

12 team PPR dynasty league. 

Traded: Burks and MT 

Received: Dotson, Pollard, 1st in 2023 (early to mid) 
I like Burks and MT should bounce back some at least.  That being said, if I believed that 23 1st was going to be in the top half of the round I'd probably take it.  Dotson has some upside and TP will take over the Cowboy backfield at some point.

D'Andre Swift, 3.01

Stefon Diggs, Russell Gage, 1.12
Depends on roster makeup and what I was trying to do but I would lean slightly towards the Diggs side with a 1st but Could see the Swift side for sure.

for

Christian McCaffrey
I'm probably not the majority here but I'd roll CMC.  I like Dobbins but who knows coming off that injury, other RBs there, and a running QB.  Metchie, Moore, and 2.08 don't feel like top end assets so I'll go with the guy that still has elite upside.  This is selling low on CMC and I'm not a fan of that.

If this team looks no better than the 7th best team or even has a fair shot of being a   top 5 pick, I'm all for it.   However, if this is one of the two or three best teams in the league, I'm out or at the very least not kicking in what could be a "premium" 3rd rounder for the right to defer my 1st rounder one year into a better draft class at a worse spot.

I'm as bullish on the 2023 class as the next guy, and yeah, the 1.11 in '23 could very well have a better outlook than the 1.7 in '22, but the cost of time still applies, along with the small possibility of any league folding earlier than expected.

It should be stated that I love Skyy Moore as a safety blanket at the 1.7 this year.   I understand that you will probably get a look at more talented big school WRs in '23 (or better yet, a big time RB), but will any of them have a chance of being Mahomes' go-to target for ten years?

However, you did very well if you have any realistic shot at a top 4-5 RB or Smith-Njigba.
I think his team is very average with a core of:

Rodgers, Hall, A. Jones, Jacobs, Diggs, Ertz. Not much depth so really needs these studs to stay healthy.

10 team one QB league ppr

Team A Received: McCaffrey and 2022 5.02

Team B Received: Miles Sanders and 2022 1.06, 2.06, 3.06
I think Sanders is going to have his best season but fair to say that's not really saying a ton and I do like that pick 6 knowing if I want I get one of what I think of as Big 4 WR's. But even with the injuries and age just not enough for the guy who when he's at the top of his powers is in the conversation for best fantasy player in non-SF in the last 20 or years, at least.

Pretty possibly meaningless trade but how painful past picks can be looked back on with two former first round picks dealt for a 3rd rounder

Just traded Sony Michel (1.07 pick in 2018) and Reagor (1.10 pick in 2020)

for the 3.01
I'm actually buying Sony where I can because he's so cheap and I think his path to relevance is easier than people expect. Just traded Curtis Samuel for him straight up.

16tm 1QB, full IDP

Cam Akers, 1.16, 3.16

for

Leonard Fournette, 23 1st + 2nd + 3rd (non-playoff, early potential)
Gimme Lenny & the picks all day. Feel like Akers is going to be mired in a RBBC, and still don't know if he's back all the way. Lombardi Lenny will be plenty valuable & I love me some 2023 picks :wub:  

Brown easily. Corral doesn't do anything for me, a second is nice but you are basically trying to get an AJ Brown with your pick next season. Even moving to Philly I would hope you could get more than that for him 
Hate to beat a dead horse here, but even in 1-QB leagues, 1-2 of the QBs will likely be tail end 1st round picks, and then you have  5-6 RBs & 4-5 WRs + Meyer at TE. And if the 2nd is in the top 6 picks of the 2nd round, there's going to be a very nice value there as well - the 2023 draft isn't just top-heavy, it's very deep. 

If a team with AJB is otherwise strong at WR and dealing from depth, stacking those 2x 2023 picks is a decent return. 

I think his team is very average with a core of:

Rodgers, Hall, A. Jones, Jacobs, Diggs, Ertz. Not much depth so really needs these studs to stay healthy.

That was a great team to target with that offer then.   Should be no worse than mid-1st.  It's a real lotto ticket to Bijan with one or two significant injuries to the right guys.   It doesn't hurt when you know that he doesn't have a '23 1st to help right the ship. 

I don't see this happening in my leagues because it's not happened since 2012.
If they go 1-2-3 in the NFL draft I expect them to be late 1sts in dynasty. 

And even if some leagues ignore the QBs, I still have 12 non-QB players worth taking in the 1st. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the Hall side here. 
I traded away Breece in this deal. For some context, I am in a rebuild and prefer to build dynasty teams around young wides.

There are 2 or 3 super teams in this league so my championship window is 2 years out.

I also had 1.4 in this draft, so Treylon, Drake and Jameson will now help me start the re-build.

I have become mostly player take agnostic, but wanted Treylon and Jameson because I watched them every week in the SEC. I was not married to Breece or Drake.

Did not receive offers from any other teams leading up to the draft or post-draft for 1.1 (Breece), so thought this was decent value for my rebuild. Basically 1.1 for 1.3 and 1.5 in my league. The other picks didn’t really move the needle for me. They were just necessary to get the deal done.

Of course, Breece could become JT and I could hate this deal. The risks we take. Really excited to add three young receivers to my building roster.

16 team PPR 1QB 1RB 1WR 2FLEX

Team A trades:

Team B trades:

Tyreek Hill

Both teams have solid rosters and expect to be playoff teams.
Seems fair enough. Big difference between the 1.01 and 1.02 this year so I don’t mind paying this for Tyreek. I think I’d still prefer the 1.02 slightly. 

I traded away Breece in this deal. For some context, I am in a rebuild and prefer to build dynasty teams around young wides.

There are 2 or 3 super teams in this league so my championship window is 2 years out.

I also had 1.4 in this draft, so Treylon, Drake and Jameson will now help me start the re-build.

I have become mostly player take agnostic, but wanted Treylon and Jameson because I watched them every week in the SEC. I was not married to Breece or Drake.

Did not receive offers from any other teams leading up to the draft or post-draft for 1.1 (Breece), so thought this was decent value for my rebuild. Basically 1.1 for 1.3 and 1.5 in my league. The other picks didn’t really move the needle for me. They were just necessary to get the deal done.

Of course, Breece could become JT and I could hate this deal. The risks we take. Really excited to add three young receivers to my building roster.
I don't think trading Hall is necessarily bad.  He has his own warts and is nowhere near a generational talent IMO.  I guess it depends on the return.

12 team, single QB, ppr/TE prem

Trade 1

Team A gets- AJ Brown

Team B gets- N Chubb

Trade 2

Team A (from above) gets- Dobbins

Team C gets- 1.07+Trautman

JackReacher said:
it’s not a bad idea - longer shelf life. I thought the deal was close, I just prefer the Hall side. 

JackReacher said:

It’s a decent value for sure. I just see a drop-off after Hall this year. 

It may have been better to hang onto Hall for a couple games into the season - once his value is established, you may have been able to get better return, as teams are always clamoring for a good RB during the season.

This is the time of year that everyone looks at their roster like :wub:   and thinks they have all the depth in the world. 

Anyway, no need to justify it - I’m sure others will prefer your side of the deal. I just liked Hall better. This one wasn’t an “oh my god that’s terrible!” Though - you got pretty fair value. 

JackReacher said:

To each their own on how you want to build your team.  RBs are just so much harder to come by so I build there first personally.  It probably isn't terrible value if you truly believe in these WRs I would love having the best RB and a top 2 WR coming out of the draft to start my rebuild.  More than one way to skin a cat though.

deadlyrange0321 said:
16 team PPR 1QB 1RB 1WR 2FLEX

Team A trades:

Team B trades:

Tyreek Hill

Both teams have solid rosters and expect to be playoff teams.
This is fair enough.  It would depend on roster and what I was trying to do this year personally so I could see both sides but I'd lean towards Hill if I was competing.  Pick if trying to get younger.

12 team, single QB, ppr/TE prem

Trade 1

Team A gets- AJ Brown

Team B gets- N Chubb

Trade 2

Team A (from above) gets- Dobbins

Team C gets- 1.07+Trautman
The 1st one seems pretty fair and just depends on roster.  I think Chubb could start his decline soon and they will throw more with Watson so I might lean towards AJB but it is close.

The 2nd one seems about right if you believe in Trautman in TE Prem.  If he is a turd like he has shown then I'd say this is probably a little light for JK.

Chad Parsons said:

for

Christian McCaffrey

I can see why a rebuilding team might do it if that's the best CMC offer they got and this puts them on a collision course for the 1.1.

However, I see CMC as the value here.   It reads as JK and some okay "stuff".    I'm not projecting the "stuff' to ever be in high demand.   The "stuff" will probably be too good to just drop.   They'll probably tie down roster spots longer than they should because they were the return for CMC.   Not the way I want to cash out on CMC.   Give me a new, crisp dollar bill or a couple of $.50 pieces.   Dobbins and another pick / prospect that moves the needle.        

Chad Parsons said:

D'Andre Swift, 3.01

Stefon Diggs, Russell Gage, 1.12

Short answer:  fair but I'll take Diggs and the pick.   

I like this a lot more if I can snag Cook or Moore at the 1.12.    Swift starts to look good if we're talking Dotson or Pickens, which is probably more likely.

Ultimately, I think it's a question of how you feel about Diggs.   He was good in 2021, but absolutely electric in 2020.    If you think he was dealing with some injuries last season and can put up another season that has shades of 2020, he's absolute gold in that offense.   If you're thinking he's entering his age 29 year and 2021 is the top end of what we can expect from here on out, then Swift is the play.

I like what Detroit is doing.   The Jamison heist will only help Swift.   However, I don't think Swift becomes a league winner until that offense is great.   And I don't think the offense is great until they get their QB, which is still a year away from being on the roster and is most likely going to be a rookie. 

14 team PPR TE 1.5 not my trade this time

N Harris Pitt RB

for

T Higgins Cin WR + 2023 2nd

Not the biggest Najee fan, but Najee.   However, a 13th-15th overall pick would go a long way towards covering the distance if the 2nd is coming from a bad team.

**14 team league, nevermind.   Najee.

14 team PPR TE 1.5 not my trade this time

N Harris Pitt RB

for

T Higgins Cin WR + 2023 2nd

I like Higgins but Najee easily...that is not much to give up for a young, top 10 RB who is one of the few RBs you can say is a legit bell-cow...right now there are excellent WRs coming to the league every year in a big way which means it is far easier to find a player like Higgins then a player like Najee...you gotta do much better than a #2 to close this gap.

I had put up Wentz OTB for 2023 2nd a few weekends ago. 12 team SF league

Wentz

for

2023 2nd and D'ernest Johnson(he was just included, so I took it)

I now have unloaded Wentz on both of SF leagues, he was my 4th QB in both, so I am pretty happy with how this went. 
 I am not a Wentz fan but I would definitely pay that to get him in a 12 team SF...all it will take is an injury or two during the season and you could get much more for him...as long as he is starting you should always be able to get a #2 for him so I see no need to make this deal in May.

With how hard it is to find bell cow starting RBs, I’m surprised a few folks said they’d take Higgins in this deal  Najee all day for me  
I’m not high on the Steelers offense in general, and I like Higgins. But I admit my answer was kinda knee-jerk. 

Context could change my opinion of this deal - it’s a big league. If the team giving up Najee isn’t deep at RB, it doesn’t make sense. It’s my assumption tnat they’d have to be, and similarly thin at WR. If that’s not the case, yeah, it’s a bad deal. 

But hey, maybe that’s the best WR he could get. Again - it’s a huge league. Higgins isn’t exactly chopped liver. 

I would take the Harris side because of RB scarcity but that's not what the KTC calc is telling me. It's actually the other side that gets the win here. 

Then again, Dynasty Dominator is telling me Najee by about 25 points. 

DLF is telling me it's stone-cold even. 

Proceed accordingly. 

Chad Parsons said:
16tm 1QB, full IDP

Cam Akers, 1.16, 3.16 this team is the league-winner, I assume. 

for

Leonard Fournette, 23 1st + 2nd + 3rd (non-playoff, early potential) This team is trading away early picks? 
I'd take the Fournette side in a vacuum. The sixteenth and forty-eighth pick this year just don't make up for the value gained from the '23 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, especially if those picks are potentially early ones. 

The more I think about it, the more I like the Fournette side and actually dislike a non-playoff team sending away early '23 picks in this deal.

That assumes I'm reading this correctly. 

IDP bumps the importance of the picks up. The third-round picks can be a serious player in these leagues.

I am not a Wentz fan but I would definitely pay that to get him in a 12 team SF...all it will take is an injury or two during the season and you could get much more for him...as long as he is starting you should always be able to get a #2 for him so I see no need to make this deal in May.
Except you won't get more than a 2, I tried. 2 leagues and only 2 guys were willing to pay a 2nd. Sure a guy might be "worth" more, but can you actually get more becomes the question. My answer is no, I couldn't get more. 

I’m not high on the Steelers offense in general, and I like Higgins. But I admit my answer was kinda knee-jerk. 

Context could change my opinion of this deal - it’s a big league. If the team giving up Najee isn’t deep at RB, it doesn’t make sense. It’s my assumption tnat they’d have to be, and similarly thin at WR. If that’s not the case, yeah, it’s a bad deal. 

But hey, maybe that’s the best WR he could get. Again - it’s a huge league. Higgins isn’t exactly chopped liver. 
If that was the best he could get for a player he took at 1.01 or 1.02 last year that lived up to that billing and more then he should hold and wait. I like Higgins but he gives you little to no advantage with so many WRs out there now. Harris is one of the few workhorse backs out there.

I would take the Harris side because of RB scarcity but that's not what the KTC calc is telling me. It's actually the other side that gets the win here. 

Then again, Dynasty Dominator is telling me Najee by about 25 points. 

DLF is telling me it's stone-cold even. 

Proceed accordingly. 
I hate when I’m negotiating a trade and some one tells me what their calculator says. They suck. This just further cements that feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread