What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

12 team PPR dynasty SF.
Team A trades: Diontae Johnson
Team B trades: Josh Palmer, Romeo Doubs.
I'm curious for a justification of trading Diontae for this.
He's probably the commissioner and has some side deal lined up where he lets him cheat in a different way.
With some of these comments, I've obviously missed some history with cdclopper in here.
Starts here

Not long ago Zeke was the best running back in football. He's only 27. I still consider him a rb1. JRob is rb2-3 now that he's sharing with Etienne.

Now Sutton is maybe a WR2, but I'd say more like a WR3. MVS should be on your bench, but with some injuries there in KC, you never know.

The guy sold two overrated guys for one underrated and a throw in. In fairness, had he been more shrewd, he could have got a pick thrown in there. Besides that it was a good win now move I think.

Not long ago Zeke was the best running back in football. He's only 27. I still consider him a rb1. JRob is rb2-3 now that he's sharing with Etienne.

Now Sutton is maybe a WR2, but I'd say more like a WR3. MVS should be on your bench, but with some injuries there in KC, you never know.

The guy sold two overrated guys for one underrated and a throw in. In fairness, had he been more shrewd, he could have got a pick thrown in there. Besides that it was a good win now move I think.
And Zeke has a balky knee, plays behind one of the worst OL in football, shares the backfield *and loses receptions to* Pollard. And for the next ~4-8 weeks has the spectacular Cooper Rush as his QB. Oh, and the WR1 struggles to get separation & they have a bunch of scrubs behind him, so defenses can key in on the run. Also, Mike McCarthy is a disaster as HC, and his OC is also terribly unimaginative.

Let’s not let the facts interfere with a good narrative though, eh?

12 Team PPR, start 1-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE

Team A traded James Robinson and Courtland Sutton

Team B traded Ezekiel Elliott and MVS
I like the Zeke side of this trade. A good sell high for the JRob owner off the two TD game. MVS is a bum tho.
I wouldn't give up Sutton straight up for Zeke let alone adding JRob
I think most would agree with you, I know I wouldn't give him up either for that.

Imagine typing a narrative and then telling somebody else not to let facts get in the way of a narrative.
I just listed facts. How is that a narrative?

Ok, how’s this then….here are Zeke’s per game averages over the last 7 years:
2016 - 108.7
2017 - 98.3
2018 - 95.6
2019 - 84.8
2020 - 65.3
2021 - 58.9
2022 - 52 (incomplete data set, but the trend seems to continue)

12 Team PPR, start 1-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE

Team A traded James Robinson and Courtland Sutton

Team B traded Ezekiel Elliott and MVS
I like the Zeke side of this trade. A good sell high for the JRob owner off the two TD game. MVS is a bum tho.
I wouldn't give up Sutton straight up for Zeke let alone adding JRob
I think most would agree with you, I know I wouldn't give him up either for that.
Same.

Imagine typing a narrative and then telling somebody else not to let facts get in the way of a narrative.

2016 - 108.7
2017 - 98.3
2018 - 95.6
2019 - 84.8
2020 - 65.3
2021 - 58.9
Yikes. Quite the posterchild for why RB's don't get paid anymore. That whole position is financially backwards.

2016 - 108.7
2017 - 98.3
2018 - 95.6
2019 - 84.8
2020 - 65.3
2021 - 58.9
Yikes. Quite the posterchild for why RB's don't get paid anymore. That whole position is financially backwards.
I cannot imagine how galaxy brain Jerry Jones justified paying Zeke with that insane contract.

Sutton and a late 2023 1st
For
Amon-Ra St. Brown and an early 2023 2nd

I’m getting St. Brown. I won it all last year and had the most total points. My WR’s are getting older and I needed some youth. And I’m a Lions fan.

Core team:
Herbert
Henry, Gibson, Breece Hall
Kupp, Adams, St. Brown (was Sutton)
Andrews

For

I’m getting St. Brown. I won it all last year and had the most total points. My WR’s are getting older and I needed some youth. And I’m a Lions fan.

Core team:
Herbert
Andrews
I think the picks are switched.

For

Core team:
Herbert
Andrews
I think the picks are switched.
Interesting. I do like Sutton, but St. Brown has been much more productive of late and he’s exactly 4 years younger. I’m fine with the way the picks fell. And keep in mind, he’s got one of the worst teams in the league and I have one of the best. So chances are the picks are only separated by 1-4 slots.

Not long ago and Dynasty are not a good combo.

For

Core team:
Herbert
Andrews
My only concern with the trade is I wonder if St. Brown will be such a dominant part of the Lions offense when Jameson Williams returns to health.

For

Core team:
Herbert
Andrews
My only concern with the trade is I wonder if St. Brown will be such a dominant part of the Lions offense when Jameson Williams returns to health.
Totally agree. I worried about that too.

12 Team auction, PPR, SF, TE premium

Team A gets Mariota $4, Gibson $15, Chark $7, Gesicki $13

Team B gets Brady $39, Gaskin $1, Cobb $1. Brate $1

For

You won it all and now your team is even better. ASB is one of the best dynasty buys at the moment, he's proven himself pretty well at only 22. And Sutton is at the age where he is what he is.

For

Core team:
Herbert
Andrews

I like this trade but there is a big x-factor...the part I like is you added a real good young WR to Kupp and Adams who are not that young...ASB is still a little bit of a mystery, but I love him as a #3 because if he hits it is a big weapon that can put you over the top but if he is just solid you are not that exposed...the x-factor is if Henry doesn't bounce back and/or you get an injury or two and that pick is higher than you think it is you could regret this...overall this move makes sense because it helps you win now and with Henry/Adams/Kupp you should be thinking that way but you also added high quality youth.

12-team SF

Gave - BHall
Got - NHarris

That's a really interesting trade. Lets you know where you stand on a player, that's for sure.

Najee Harris is certainly ranked higher than Hall by almost everybody, so this looks like a good deal for you on the surface. The only question is the foot and the potential for Breece to be more of a breakout star because he can take it to the house from distances Najee likely can't. It doesn't help Hall that he hasn't won the starting job from Michael Carter and Carter looks like a more-than-functional back.

At this point, pocket the extra value, I guess.

And the Jets really are a mess. So is Pittsburgh's O-Line. But the Jets are an organizational mess. Never underestimate their ability to botch a prospect, even one as solid in both testing and prior performance than Hall.

Harris for me...I think he's a better player and not to knock the Jets but I would much rather have a Steeler playing for Tomlin.

Beat me to it by like a second. I was getting ready to type all about Hall, and then remembered that he plays for the Jets, and until they lose that stench by winning and acting like a competent organization, everyone is going to assume that they're not.

Harris for me...I think he's a better player and not to knock the Jets but I would much rather have a Steeler playing for Tomlin.

Beat me to it by like a second. I was getting ready to type all about Hall, and then remembered that he plays for the Jets, and until they lose that stench by winning and acting like a competent organization, everyone is going to assume that they're not.

And they are in such a tough spot with Wilson...they still don't know what he is, and his injury comes at such a bad time...I can't see them giving up on him after two years so for better or worse they will ride him out thru next year...if he is not the answer it just devastates the franchise.

It was an interesting internal debate: offer was proposed to me. As a Steeler fan, yeah, I want Harris. I also just drafted this shiny new toy with the 1.01.

Homer-ism and belief that flipping for more later on won out

I can't see them giving up on him after two years so for better or worse they will ride him out thru next year

I can. Seriously. The NFL is not a wimpy league when it comes to that anymore. And I think the Jets think enough of their team not be dragged down by one decision. Wilson was so dead last in advanced NFL stats last year that his career comparisons, to even the most apologetic of persons, was glaring and concerning.

I think he gets the end of this year to show a marked improvement. We went through it with Darnold in his second year, and excuses were given similar to Wilson. I don't think the Jets will do that again.

But this gets a little sideways when a Pats and Jets fan discuss the Jets' future, and therefore, Hall's. The homerism and Patriot love just sort of manifest in little ways, like this little disagreement.

And they are in such a tough spot with Wilson...they still don't know what he is, and his injury comes at such a bad time...I can't see them giving up on him after two years so for better or worse they will ride him out thru next year...if he is not the answer it just devastates the franchise.
If Wilson struggles this season, the Jets will not automatically hand him a third season. They’ve built a team around him and this is now his audition season (they will get 13/14 games from him if he doesn’t get hurt again).

I wouldn’t be shocked in Jimmy G is a Jet next season if Wilson struggles.

I can't see them giving up on him after two years so for better or worse they will ride him out thru next year

I can. Seriously. The NFL is not a wimpy league when it comes to that anymore. And I think the Jets think enough of their team not be dragged down by one decision. Wilson was so dead last in advanced NFL stats last year that his career comparisons, to even the most apologetic of persons, was glaring and concerning.

I think he gets the end of this year to show a marked improvement. We went through it with Darnold in his second year, and excuses were given similar to Wilson. I don't think the Jets will do that again.

But this gets a little sideways when a Pats and Jets fan discuss the Jets' future, and therefore, Hall's. The homerism and Patriot love just sort of manifest in little ways, like this little disagreement.

Gotta disagree...the Pats are a lot closer to the Jets than they have been in a long, long time and quite frankly on paper the Jets have more young talent...will be interesting to see what happens with Wilson...while I understand your thinking, if the #2 pick is broomed after two years the front office usually goes with it.

if the #2 pick is broomed after two years the front office usually goes with it.

This is the only thing that gives me pause about what I said. Usually the FO is gone before they even have the decision to make. I just hope that the Johnsons sit back and really take a look at what Joe Douglas has done, giving him a bit of a mulligan for 2020. Because he seems to be the only competent guy they've had in a while in the FO.

If Wilson struggles this season, the Jets will not automatically hand him a third season. They’ve built a team around him and this is now his audition season (they will get 13/14 games from him if he doesn’t get hurt again).

I wouldn’t be shocked in Jimmy G is a Jet next season if Wilson struggles.

If he is a disaster and they totally clean house I could see it...I just don't see them allowing the crew that used the #2 on him two years ago to be allowed to correct the situation...not saying that is right but it's not how it usually works in the NFL.

14 tm, superflex, TE premium

Gave: Two ‘23 1st’s (projected mid-late), 3rd, 4th

Got: Breece Hall, Pat Freimuth (?)
————————-
I don’t like trading away future picks this far out. I thought the chances of those picks being in the 7-14 range were high enough to secure Hall. Muth is a bonus and plugs my TE spot. Thoughts?

10 team dynasty, 0.5 ppr, Superflex

I traded away Cordarelle Patterson for a 2023 second (likely early to mid).

Felt pretty good about getting this return on CPat, despite him seemingly being a solid RB2 for this year. Would rather cash out a little early than hold to the bitter end.

10 team dynasty, 0.5 ppr, Superflex

I traded away Cordarelle Patterson for a 2023 second (likely early to mid).

Felt pretty good about getting this return on CPat, despite him seemingly being a solid RB2 for this year. Would rather cash out a little early than hold to the bitter end.
Thatsya slam dunk

14 tm, superflex, TE premium

Gave: Two ‘23 1st’s (projected mid-late), 3rd, 4th

Got: Breece Hall, Pat Freimuth (?)
————————-
I don’t like trading away future picks this far out. I thought the chances of those picks being in the 7-14 range were high enough to secure Hall. Muth is a bonus and plugs my TE spot. Thoughts?
SUperflex and 23 draft make this tough as does 14 teamer.

How does draft go is always the answer
1. Bijan Robinson
2. Bryce Young
3. CJ Stroud
4. Jaymer Gibbs
5. jaxon Smith-Njigba
6. Jordan Addison
7. Will Levis
8. Kayshon Boutte
9. Michael Mayer (Willthis be equal or better than Friermuth)
10. Zach Evans
11. Anthony Richardson
12. Quentin Johnson
13. Sean Tucker
14. Arik Gilbert

i don’t mind for either side. The team getting picks has more flexibility and maybe is trying to get higher pick themselves. Hall is the key because I like all 4 backs next year also. Plus Brigsby might make this list. Couple other TEs could also. Hall is not helping you right now. I own Hall and Friermuth and would not take the deal but I am a team in it to win it now. And don’t need Hallwith Barkley, Dobbins, Zek, Dillon and Stevenson on roster and only starting 1 RB Each week as great WR core. But if you need Hall and these picks creep to 5 range, all bets are off. Very good 23 draft.

Users who are viewing this thread