What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

FFPC standard

Tee Higgins

For

1.11 and a 2024 1st (could be anywhere)
Crickets.......
Maybe no replies means perfect exact value??
Somebody replied, I forget who, but all they did was quote you and cross out Tee Higgins. Which I assume means he would rather have the picks. To me, it's a tough one. That "anywhere" 2024 is an exciting lotto ticket. Really tough call. I say all depends on team makeup.
Team trading Higgins away is in full on mega rebuild
So why not build around the 24 year old WR?
By the time that team can compete it will be a 26 year old.
...and in his prime.
But maybe without Burrow throwing to him.
But maybe someone better? 🤷🏼‍♂️
But maybe someone worse?
But maybe Tee retires early?
Maybe career ending injury?

This works both ways
This is literally an example of bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush.
fair enough trade depending on where you stand on that philosophy.
I am in the late stages of a rebuild, hoping to compete this year.
i traded FOR Tee Higgins as part of that rebuild.
I’ve rejected at least 6 trades from people attempting to acquire him from me.
Each to their own.

12 team, 20 man, PPR, QRRWWFKD, 6 pts all TDs

Was offered this, had a good ring to it, looked at some rankings, found no *breaking news*, so I went ahead and took it.

Gave: Elijah Moore, James Robinson, Renfrow
Got: Dotson, 2.07
This is another one where someone was able to acquire the two best pieces of the deal. And by a lot this time.
I got Moore and Dotson as equal myself and both the most valued parts of the deal.
I think they're probably close in talent but not market value. E Moore could very well be a good buy low right now whereas the time to buy low on Dotson was last year, which is why I think this trade is really a slam.
I just based my trade evaluations and comments on what I think and what I'd do(why I put the word "myself" in the comment), not on the market value
Yes I understood that, and I understand your take. When I say 'value' I typically mean market. But we all use the word loosely.

Two trades in my 14 team/ 1QB PPR league:

I traded 1.04+ 2024 first for 1.01.

Other team then flipped 1.04 for a perennial contender's 24 first. IE 2023 1.04 vs 2024 1.11-1.14. Somebody explain that one to me.

Other team then flipped 1.04 for a perennial contender's 24 first. IE 2023 1.04 vs 2024 1.11-1.14. Somebody explain that one to me.
I wonder why this guy had the 1.01 pick this year…
Probably got it from a bad dynasty player. I see this all the time in dynasty. You have guys always at the top fleecing other teams for their next year's first round pick, knowing it will be top 3. Someone tell me why these fools don't realize their pick will be top 3? I rejoice when these players quit the league after realizing they are in over their head.

It is obvious from his trade with you that he doesn't know what he is doing. This is too light for Bijan by at least 1st and probably more so they aren't smart. Some people are hyping 2024 right now which happens ever year so I get some people want to get in to that but you don't do that with high picks. Especially for low picks the next year. This owner is terrible and got slaughtered in both moves.

I wonder why this guy had the 1.01 pick this year…
Probably got it from a bad dynasty player. I see this all the time in dynasty. You have guys always at the top fleecing other teams for their next year's first round pick, knowing it will be top 3. Someone tell me why these fools don't realize their pick will be top 3? I rejoice when these players quit the league after realizing they are in over their head.
We have that guy in our league. Would have had the #2 pick this year but moved it. Traded away his 2024 1st and just traded away his 2025 first. Despite having 4 1sts this year, the rest of the roster is so void of talent, it would be surprising if the 2024 1st isn't top 2.

I just joined league 3 years ago and the guy had a really nice 5 year run where he won one title and finished runner up 3 other times, so obviously not a bad player. Impatient for sure and likes trading.

We have that guy in our league. Would have had the #2 pick this year but moved it. Traded away his 2024 1st and just traded away his 2025 first. Despite having 4 1sts this year, the rest of the roster is so void of talent, it would be surprising if the 2024 1st isn't top 2.
What is he getting in return? I don't mind moving draft picks regardless of where they are because I don't value them as much as most dynasty players. I try and use that to my advantage to get NFL players that I have seen succeed in the NFL as I have more faith they will be helpful before any draft pick is helpful.

That is not to say I give away picks because I don't value them. I do move them for market price but I don't worry about not having draft picks typically.

Sometimes you get caught up making offers and don't fully think them through. I know I sometimes send out multiple offers and then start thinking them through and pull a couple of them before I get the wrong ones accepted and the other offers declined. If that makes sense. I get this plan in my head but get ahead of myself with my offers. Or they're just bad trades.

What is he getting in return? I don't mind moving draft picks regardless of where they are because I don't value them as much as most dynasty players. I try and use that to my advantage to get NFL players that I have seen succeed in the NFL as I have more faith they will be helpful before any draft pick is helpful.

That is not to say I give away picks because I don't value them. I do move them for market price but I don't worry about not having draft picks typically.
I get what you're saying, but he is mainly moving future picks for current year picks, not for established players. I traded him 1.6 for his 2024 1st. Normally not a horrible trade, but IMO, his 2024 first will be top 3 with a good chance of being #1 overall.

He's confident he can turn things around quickly, but I don't see it.

That’s fine and dandy, except for those owners that join a dynasty league and trade all their picks for aging veterans, win a title, then bail on the league leaving the cupboards bare. As a commissioner who has to replace these people I really dislike that.

1QB Medium Depth

Romeo Doubs, 2.06
FOR
James Cook, Jordan Love, 4.01
Doubs and the pick but I think it's fair
12tm SF

Rashaad Penny, 1.12
FOR
Dalvin Cook, 2.03
Penny and the 1.12
12tm 1QB

Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, John Metchie
FOR
Terry McLaurin
McLaurin
Deep SF 2TE with 1.5 PPR (vs. 1.0 for RB/WR)

Kenny Pickett
FOR
Dalton Kincaid, Luke Musgrave
Pickett
1QB PPR

AJ Dillon, Mecole Hardman
FOR
Aaron Jones, 24 2nd
Jones and the 2nd
1QB PPR

Javonte Williams, Samaje Perine, Jaylen Warren
FOR
Leonard Fournette, Chris Olave
Olave
PPR

Rashaad Penny, Cooper Kupp
FOR
Tyreek Hill
Tyreek

12tm 1QB

Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, John Metchie
FOR
Terry McLaurin
TM for me
I agree, but it’s nothing worth celebrating.
Clearing out 2 roster spots in a trade where you get the best player is basically like Mardi Gras for me, hell ya I'm celebrating.

Though I get that TM may not be all that...
I would celebrate that trade, too. Metchie is the only really interesting piece on that other side.

Pickett is worth dramatically more in that format than two rookie TEs. Even if you flip him for barely below market it would be a giant profit. Same with McLaurin above, flip him and it is a grand slam.

Deebo Samuel. Go!
Done.

FFPC $250 TriFlex (we just did the startup in April)

I gave Olave, G Wilson (25 + 23)
I got Deebo (35 + 7 for roster spot)
Update this trade wasn't great for me. Was from June of last year. Olave and Wilson are both 30-35 franchise points each right now and Deebo is more like 25, though I don't hate rostering him. This was still a playoff team in year 1.

That’s fine and dandy, except for those owners that join a dynasty league and trade all their picks for aging veterans, win a title, then bail on the league leaving the cupboards bare. As a commissioner who has to replace these people I really dislike that.
That would suck. That is not really what I am suggesting although I can see where it could happen.

We require teams to pay in advance before trading away future picks but I can still see how abandonment issues could still be an issue.

Deebo Samuel. Go!
Done.

Update this trade wasn't great for me. Was from June of last year. Olave and Wilson are both 30-35 franchise points each right now and Deebo is more like 25, though I don't hate rostering him. This was still a playoff team in year 1.
That’s the understatement of the board…
My condolences…. Has one of these myself in one of my leagues two years ago

I saw this as I went back to record all of my trades of my rebuild. I don't hate it. But yeah - not your best work in retrospect.

Gotta trust your process though.

Deebo Samuel. Go!
Done.

You can’t win ‘em all. That’s the nature of the business.

Deebo Samuel. Go!
Done.

You can’t win ‘em all. That’s the nature of the business.
Yep - over my 20 trades to rebuild, 1 is horrific (like, holy crap did that ever blow up in my face step on a series of rakes, bad) and 1 is kinda meh.

Another 1-2 weren't impactful

the other 16 are looking very good. I feel like if you're going to be active on the trade market, 80% hit rate is probably something to be happy about. I still need to hit on a couple of rookie picks for this to be accurate, but so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread