What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Just made another big one.

FFPC Triflex (can start 2 QB)

Gave: Purdy, Rashee Rice, 1.11

Got: Anthony Richardson, Chase Brown, 2025 2nd (random)

I’d love to hear some thoughts.
I don't like this one. The delta between Purdy and AR is not Rice (even if you consider Brown and a 25 2nd worth the 1.11).
Pretty much sums it up for me too. Unless Richardson becomes Josh Allen II, like the other side.

Ceiling for ARich is very high, but I like Rice & the 1st more than Brown and a random 2nd. Not sure it's worth paying that much for a much riskier QB.

Not a terrible deal, but I'd probably have stood pat here. If ARich hits (which I hope he does since I have him in one league) it'll be a fine deal. Especially if Brown becomes the Bengals starting RB, which is also a question mark at this point.

.Rice and 1.11 is a nice get for the new Purdy Owner but if ARich really hits you won't remember including them
Yeah, it does occur to me that in an extremely WR-rich FA class, the Chiefs are likely to add 1, possibly 2 elite receiving options that might knock a little shine off of Rice. If I had him I'd probably be trying to move him before that happens.

Well, the Chiefs keep winning with the crappy WRs they have, so not sure they are spending big on a FA WR if they want to keep the defense together (Chris Jones). I think they continue to develop Rice and maybe add a secondary piece either in FA or the first couple rounds of the draft.

I have no problem with either side...Richardson has a chance to be a dynamic fantasy player and you are not getting him in this format without giving up something...Purdy will be under-estimated by some, but he is a very good QB who will get better every year in fantasy as the Niners lean on him more...Rice and 1.11 is a nice get for the new Purdy Owner but if ARich really hits you won't remember including them and getting a #2 and Brown takes some of the sting out of that anyways...Brown is the sneaky x-factor in this deal...overall, I could see myself making this deal on either side based on what my team looks like.

You pretty well nailed my motivations here. Aiming at dynamic upside of AR and calling Brown a sneaky X-factor was definitely part of my thought process. It’s a big bet on AR but if he really hits he will be one of the 3 most valuable players in this format next season.

I’ve been a Purdy truther and he just had a QB6 season but no one seems to value him highly enough. Which worries me because what happens if he takes a step back or gets hurt next year? Bad things tend to follow Super Bowl losses for whatever reason. Plus SF already needs to start thinking about paying him since of course there is no 5th year option. And Rice is a nice young fantasy WR2 but he’s not a real stud. More of a fully developed prospect IMO with a high floor/lower ceiling and they will surely add some new blood at WR next year.

Personally I think the only diamond here is AR. Also hoping Chase Brown gets a legit chance at some point this year so I can flip him. Liked what I saw down the stretch a lot but it’s a wildcard no doubt.

I have no problem with either side...Richardson has a chance to be a dynamic fantasy player and you are not getting him in this format without giving up something...Purdy will be under-estimated by some, but he is a very good QB who will get better every year in fantasy as the Niners lean on him more...Rice and 1.11 is a nice get for the new Purdy Owner but if ARich really hits you won't remember including them and getting a #2 and Brown takes some of the sting out of that anyways...Brown is the sneaky x-factor in this deal...overall, I could see myself making this deal on either side based on what my team looks like.

You pretty well nailed my motivations here. Aiming at dynamic upside of AR and calling Brown a sneaky X-factor was definitely part of my thought process. It’s a big bet on AR but if he really hits he will be one of the 3 most valuable players in this format next season.

I’ve been a Purdy truther and he just had a QB6 season but no one seems to value him highly enough. Which worries me because what happens if he takes a step back or gets hurt next year? Bad things tend to follow Super Bowl losses for whatever reason. Plus SF already needs to start thinking about paying him since of course there is no 5th year option. And Rice is a nice young fantasy WR2 but he’s not a real stud. More of a fully developed prospect IMO with a high floor/lower ceiling and they will surely add some new blood at WR next year.

Personally I think the only diamond here is AR. Also hoping Chase Brown gets a legit chance at some point this year so I can flip him. Liked what I saw down the stretch a lot but it’s a wildcard no doubt.

Agree with almost all of that...the one area where we differ is I think Purdy has a very good chance to travel the Brady path where he is a piece of the puzzle early in his career but becomes the focal point of the offense as time goes on and puts up very big numbers...if this year is his floor (and why wouldn't be) he is a very safe QB but like Brady (I am not saying he is Brady) he is going to have his doubters for longer then he should which you point out...ARich is beyond intriguing and I totally understand what you are doing here as the upside is thru the roof and you definitely did not overpay for him but I would not be surprised one bit if Purdy ends up being a better fantasy QB in the long run,

Agree with almost all of that...the one area where we differ is I think Purdy has a very good chance to travel the Brady path where he is a piece of the puzzle early in his career but becomes the focal point of the offense as time goes on and puts up very big numbers...if this year is his floor (and why wouldn't be) he is a very safe QB but like Brady (I am not saying he is Brady) he is going to have his doubters for longer then he should which you point out...ARich is beyond intriguing and I totally understand what you are doing here as the upside is thru the roof and you definitely did not overpay for him but I would not be surprised one bit if Purdy ends up being a better fantasy QB in the long run,

We actually don’t really disagree because I’m onboard with what you’re saying here. At the same time, like you seem to be pointing out, it will take awhile for his detractors to catch up. At least another season like he just had, plus an extension afterward I would imagine. And I would personally bet they both happen but if they don’t, for whatever reason, his value at that point will be pretty depressed. Whereas with AR it feels to me like his value can survive a shaky season mostly intact.

My team in this one has lots of good 2025 picks so I’m really looking to preserve value at minimum or ideally create some while waiting for the picks to arrive. In short, Purdy feels like he won’t be sexy for at least one or two years and carries substantial value loss risk if he slips at all. AR is already sexy and brings immense ceiling and could easily be flipped at any point or just held and I don’t see nearly as much value loss risk.

I don't like this one. The delta between Purdy and AR is not Rice (even if you consider Brown and a 25 2nd worth the 1.11).
I thought Richardson was in the QB6-8 range in most rankings and ADP I'd seen with Purdy was significantly behind that in the mid-teens. But going back to check a few websites it appears Purdy has moved up considerably. I wouldn't have paid it either but I see the allure of the PPG advantage AR might provide if he stays healthy and hits. I woud agree with the others that Purdy's ranking vs trade value are probably not particularly close either because of continuing doubts.

I agree with the OP that Rice is a risky piece to be holding right now, Chiefs may go big after some WR's this offseason or they may not. Do they resign Jones or Sneed or let one or both walk opening other holes needing to be addressed in the draft? Surely they will cut MVS for the cap savings? Their offensive tackle situation needs addressing too. Kelce is going to be 35 and has to be close to hanging it up? I think they have to add at least one impact pass catcher this off-season, most likely in the draft. If that's in the 1st or day 2, who knows at this point?

I thought Richardson was in the QB6-8 range in most rankings and ADP I'd seen with Purdy was significantly behind that in the mid-teens. But going back to check a few websites it appears Purdy has moved up considerably. I wouldn't have paid it either but I see the allure of the PPG advantage AR might provide if he stays healthy and hits. I woud agree with the others that Purdy's ranking vs trade value are probably not particularly close either because of continuing doubts.

I agree with the OP that Rice is a risky piece to be holding right now, Chiefs may go big after some WR's this offseason or they may not. Do they resign Jones or Sneed or let one or both walk opening other holes needing to be addressed in the draft? Surely they will cut MVS for the cap savings? Their offensive tackle situation needs addressing too. Kelce is going to be 35 and has to be close to hanging it up? I think they have to add at least one impact pass catcher this off-season, most likely in the draft. If that's in the 1st or day 2, who knows at this point?

Agree with a lot of what you’re saying and glad you brought up rankings vs trade value. Would Purdy + Rice get you the 1.01 or 1.02? Probably not. But I’m pretty sure a lot of people out there would take AR in exchange for Caleb, Maye, or Daniels and might even give a sweetener.

Agree with a lot of what you’re saying and glad you brought up rankings vs trade value. Would Purdy + Rice get you the 1.01 or 1.02? Probably not. But I’m pretty sure a lot of people out there would take AR in exchange for Caleb, Maye, or Daniels and might even give a sweetener.
Absolutely. My point was mainly based on the trade value vs actual performance value of Purdy. To me, he's the quintessential #2 QB in superflex. Pairing him with a top 5 QB is a huge advantage in superflex. He and guys like Goff (and maybe Mayfield) fit into that same mold where they aren't valued very highly, but will perform much better than trade value in the SF format.

Absolutely. My point was mainly based on the trade value vs actual performance value of Purdy. To me, he's the quintessential #2 QB in superflex. Pairing him with a top 5 QB is a huge advantage in superflex. He and guys like Goff (and maybe Mayfield) fit into that same mold where they aren't valued very highly, but will perform much better than trade value in the SF format.

Yep I gotcha, so we are in agreement. I’m hanging on to Purdy in my other Triflex league as that one is ready to win. This league though I’m looking for ceiling and value growth, so felt it made sense to make a push for AR. I also have Mahomes so if ARs value does soar this year, as I expect once he’s healthy and the games start being played, may move him again if I can get the right haul. Or maybe I see enough to believe he’s turning into Josh Allen. Will see. Appreciate the feedback.

Just going to say if he can every stay healthy AR 1.0 might be a preferred outcome then Josh Allen 2.0.

That's no small if on the health but AR is a true unicorn and I've said this before but I think if he was healthy last year I think he could have ended up as QB1 as a rookie with decent but not great weapons.

The smart move is probably deal him after he cooks for a few healthy games but might require some discipline to commit to that and be able to let go.

Just going to say if he can every stay healthy AR 1.0 might be a preferred outcome then Josh Allen 2.0.

That's no small if on the health but AR is a true unicorn and I've said this before but I think if he was healthy last year I think he could have ended up as QB1 as a rookie with decent but not great weapons.

The smart move is probably deal him after he cooks for a few healthy games but might require some discipline to commit to that and be able to let go.
I just don't get the love for AR. IMO, he didn't show anything in the 4 games he played. His passing was atrocious in college. Yes he can run, but we go round and round about that in the Fields thread. He has always been on my "avoid" list, especially at the price being thrown around in here.

I just don't get the love for AR. IMO, he didn't show anything in the 4 games he played. His passing was atrocious in college. Yes he can run, but we go round and round about that in the Fields thread. He has always been on my "avoid" list, especially at the price being thrown around in here.
I’ll have to agree to disagree he failed to show anything as a passer last year.

He showed me plenty last season and think it will prove advantageous for him to have been able to watch and learn most of the season. It’s like a red shirt year following a sneak peak. Curious what they add on offense but think he’s a rocket ship heading into 24. Just need him to stay healthy for like 6-8 games.

I’ll have to agree to disagree he failed to show anything as a passer last year.
I have been wrong before...that one time. :)

I was wrong on January 12 1980.

I am trying to get AR, but dont want to give up Hall. I have J Herbert, want to swap QBs and add something in to get AR. I'm not sure the other team cares about Herbert tho, they have Stroud. I got pick 1.12 so thats not real interesting, and I'll happily add the 6th best WR or 3rd best RB of this draft with that pick. I think after the top 2 non SFlex picks, they are all the same right now. Pick a name from a hat.

16 team, 1 QB league. Got offered 1.09 for 1.16 and 2.09 and smash accepted. Might be able to grab Franklin at 1.09. Also have 1.3 and 1.13 so will be fun moving up again if I can grab Thomas.

16 team, 1 QB league. Got offered 1.09 for 1.16 and 2.09 and smash accepted. Might be able to grab Franklin at 1.09. Also have 1.3 and 1.13 so will be fun moving up again if I can grab Thomas.
Yeah I'm not used to a 16-team league, obviously any format differences can change values, but in my 12-team league I'd call that a home run.

Yeah I'm not used to a 16-team league, obviously any format differences can change values, but in my 12-team league I'd call that a home run.

Would agree, basically the 1.09 for 2.04 & 3.01 in a 12 teamer, smash accept IMO

I was wrong on January 12 1980.

Went with the Rams?

That’s kinda my plan next year. He was so productive when he played. I could easily see him racking up 3-4x 40+ point FF games.

If that happens I’m gonna try to sell high because I don’t know if he can stay vertical for an extended period.

If I can’t sell high I’m ok keeping him, but yeah - to say he carries risk would be a massive understatement .

Not only did he show things, Pittman was pretty productive with him behind center, and he showed more touch on short & intermediate passes than anyone gave him credit for in the preseason.

I was impressed by his poise in the pocket as well. He didn’t take off running every play after 1 read as I’d feared he might.

The injuries were definitely a concern.

Not only did he show things, Pittman was pretty productive with him behind center, and he showed more touch on short & intermediate passes than anyone gave him credit for in the preseason.

I was impressed by his poise in the pocket as well. He didn’t take off running every play after 1 read as I’d feared he might.

The injuries were definitely a concern.

He had a qb rating of 45

84 pass attempts and 50 completions
25 rush attempts.....how many were designed runs

Made a fun series of trades in a 12 team SF PPR IDP league

Gave 3.04
Got M Garrett

Gave: Garrett, 3.10
Got: 2.04

Gave: 1.11
Got: ‘25 1st

Gave: rice, 1.10, 1.12
Got lamb

Gave: 2.03, 2.04, 25 1st
Got: Rice, CKirk

Gave: ‘25 1st, 2.09
Got: DJM

Total:
Gave: 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.03, 2.09, 3.04, 3.10, ‘25 1st
Got: Lamb, DJM, Kirk

It’s a lot of picks, but I still have 1.01 and 1.03. Was happy to get those pieces (and rice back) while keeping my early picks.

That’s also a nice pull.

Overall you paid a lot and I’m not wild about Kirk, but overall I think you did well.
For additional context, I sold everything for picks last year. Still have1.01, 1.03, 2.07, 3 '25 1st, 2 '25 2nd, 4 '26 1st, 3 '26 2nd. So moving packages of picks for players was my rebuild plan.
Love it. I did the same in a rebuild last year - couldn’t get Lamb but paid similar for AJB (2x 1sts)

Made a fun series of trades in a 12 team SF PPR IDP league

Gave 3.04
Got M Garrett

Gave: Garrett, 3.10
Got: 2.04

Gave: 1.11
Got: ‘25 1st

Gave: rice, 1.10, 1.12
Got lamb

Gave: 2.03, 2.04, 25 1st
Got: Rice, CKirk

Total:
Gave: 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.03, 2.09, 3.04, 3.10, ‘25 1st
Got: Lamb, DJM, Kirk

It’s a lot of picks, but I still have 1.01 and 1.03. Was happy to get those pieces (and rice back) while keeping my early picks.

You win by a lot.

Was able to finally acquire Justin Jefferson in an FFPC, 1 QB league

Got: Jefferson, 3.03
Gave: smith-Njigba, 1.06, Allgeier and 2025 1st (presumably late)

Now i can pick Harrison Jr with the 1.01 and pair together with JJ for long time. WR room still has Olave, Devonta, Marquese Brown, Doubs and some scrubs. Felt like a slight overpay but to get these types of guys I guess that’s always what it will feel like.
It would be hard to find someone giving up JJ for cheaper than that, absolute steal IMO. Arguably the best dynasty FF player for several crapshoots? I really do not understand why someone would settle for that.
If I owned JJ I’d think about this. I’m a huge JSN believer. I would love to revisit this next year at this time and see what people think.
Now that said, as much as I love JSN, I’m not sure I’d give up JJ for this package. But I think it’s closer than most here do.

But I think it’s closer than most here do.
I don’t think it’s worlds apart. It’s 2 firsts and JSN. Allgeier could have value. Im not a big believer though.

But JJ is several tiers above JSN, and ya gotta wait until 2025 for one of the 1sts, assuming you don’t move it.

If it were 2x 2024 1sts, with the 2nd one in the range of say, 1.07-1.10, I’d feel a lot better about it.

I still don’t think I’d sell JJ for that if I had him, but I’d think about it a lot more.

Now i can pick Harrison Jr with the 1.01 and pair together with JJ for long time. WR room still has Olave, Devonta, Marquese Brown, Doubs and some scrubs. Felt like a slight overpay but to get these types of guys I guess that’s always what it will feel like.
It would be hard to find someone giving up JJ for cheaper than that, absolute steal IMO. Arguably the best dynasty FF player for several crapshoots? I really do not understand why someone would settle for that.
If I owned JJ I’d think about this. I’m a huge JSN believer. I would love to revisit this next year at this time and see what people think.
Now that said, as much as I love JSN, I’m not sure I’d give up JJ for this package. But I think it’s closer than most here do.
In a one QB I need more than the 1.06 coming back in that trade. In fact I would want to be guaranteed Nabers or MHJr. It is easy to forget how dominant JJ is coming off an injury plagued season. The guy is an FF force. To trade that away I do not want those picks to be mid or late. JSN is a nice player with some upside, but personally this is not close for me if I am trading away JJ.

In a one QB I need more than the 1.06 coming back in that trade. In fact I would want to be guaranteed Nabers or MHJr. It is easy to forget how dominant JJ is coming off an injury plagued season. The guy is an FF force. To trade that away I do not want those picks to be mid or late. JSN is a nice player with some upside, but personally this is not close for me if I am trading away JJ.
I think JSN is more than a "nice player with some upside." I think he's going to be a superstar as soon as next year (assuming Lockett is gone). I agree he's unproven, but I think he'll be a perennial top 5 WR for years.

I think JSN is more than a "nice player with some upside." I think he's going to be a superstar as soon as next year (assuming Lockett is gone). I agree he's unproven, but I think he'll be a perennial top 5 WR for years.
If that is the case then I see why you think the trade is fairly even. Time will tell, I would need some better pieces to trade an elite piece like JJ.

I'm not feeling that at all on JSN but for people who do feel that way and want to acquire him you don't need to give up JJ as part of the deal to get him. If you like JSN he should be considered a strong buy low, this trade is not that. The one I posted yesterday were someone gave Pickens and a future second is more the kind of deal someone wanting to buy JSN should be exploring, not giving up arguably the most valued player in fantasy.

I'm not feeling that at all on JSN but for people who do feel that way and want to acquire him you don't need to give up JJ as part of the deal to get him. If you like JSN he should be considered a strong buy low, this trade is not that. The one I posted yesterday were someone gave Pickens and a future second is more the kind of deal someone wanting to buy JSN should be exploring, not giving up arguably the most valued player in fantasy.
I'm on board with that. And to be clear, as I stated above, I don't think I'd do the trade myself. I'm just saying that one year from now this trade may look much closer.

But I agree with you.

First trade of the season in my main league - 32 teams, players available twice.

Pick 2.03 (18th player)

For

Levis, 3.07, 3.30 (~players 36 and 47)

I needed a QB in a rebuild. Other team has Stroud and Baker.

Total :homer: trade.

Slow times for me so I'll post two trades I'm not involved that went down in my leagues today and both just happened to include Pickens.

Standard FFPC.

Pickens for Pollard

Pickens and a 2025#2 for JSN
First seems fair but I’d take Pickens. Second isn’t close imo, JSN easily.
That first league historically values RB's and devalues WR's more then most leagues I participate. I'd still take Pickens without hestiation.

The second trade I tend to view as actually even and if I was looking at this before the Steeler's signed Arthur Smith, which I thought was a good signing in general just not for the fantasy value of the WR's, I'd have had a lean for the Pickens side.

First trade of the season in my main league - 32 teams, players available twice.

Pick 2.03 (18th player)

For

I'm so curious about these large leagues. How is attrition? Can you roster multiple copies of the same player? Seems like a pretty cool wrinkle.

Pick 2.03 (18th player)

For

I'm so curious about these large leagues. How is attrition? Can you roster multiple copies of the same player? Seems like a pretty cool wrinkle.
Leagues can be different. We don’t allow multiple copies of the same player on the same team but other leagues do.

This one has been in existence since 2002. We usually lose / swap 2-3 owners each year. I think we have 8 of the original owners still. Honestly if it wasn’t for this league I’d probably be out of FF. But here, my son (who my wife was pregnant with when we started the original draft) took over a team a couple years ago and won the league this year.

1QB FFPC

Gave: 2.06
Got: 2.10 and 3.10

probably should have stayed put since this is my first time in a FFPC league, but this team is a total rebuild and I could use some dart throws.
Tough to know where tier breaks are at this time, but I like it if you are a total rebuild. I forget which poster, but there is one on here who often talks about how undervalued these later round picks can be given the cutdowns that occur in FFPC.

10 team dynasty, 1PPR/1.5PPR TE, 4pt passing TDs

1.03 rookie for 1.05 rookie + J Herbert

Side ditching Herbert has Mahomes too

Users who are viewing this thread