What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

:D :D :thumbup:

So the servers being offline did NOTHING to help connectivity. I am just hoping and praying that from my home I will not have the same issues. This feels like a frigging beta, making that last go the alpha.

I will say this of this game, WHEN I am able to get into a game, I absolutely love it. We have searched for the next great MP shooter in this thread for a couple of years, having tried Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, CoD:MW 1 and 2, etc. This is the one. :banned:

Now fix my #######g servers DICE! :yes:

played ALOT today (pretty much the last 3 hours).

gonna break to eat something and watch some hoops. may hope for an hour or so around 11 EST.

unlocking a good amount of stuff. Still loving it. Just wish i had some squad mates to help.....

played ALOT today (pretty much the last 3 hours). gonna break to eat something and watch some hoops. may hope for an hour or so around 11 EST. unlocking a good amount of stuff. Still loving it. Just wish i had some squad mates to help.....
Tonight my friend. :goodposting:

I will say this of this game, WHEN I am able to get into a game, I absolutely love it. We have searched for the next great MP shooter in this thread for a couple of years, having tried Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, CoD:MW 1 and 2, etc. This is the one. :blackdot:Now fix my #######g servers DICE! :popcorn:
I am having hard time comnnecting to servers as well. By chance are you using Win 7 or Vista 64bit versions? I keep getting connection to server is lost, check your network connection messages. Got to say it is getting frustrating! Every once in awhile I can get into a server but rarely.

I will say this of this game, WHEN I am able to get into a game, I absolutely love it. We have searched for the next great MP shooter in this thread for a couple of years, having tried Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, CoD:MW 1 and 2, etc. This is the one. :blackdot:Now fix my #######g servers DICE! :popcorn:
I am having hard time comnnecting to servers as well. By chance are you using Win 7 or Vista 64bit versions? I keep getting connection to server is lost, check your network connection messages. Got to say it is getting frustrating! Every once in awhile I can get into a server but rarely.
Win XP Pro 32-bit here. Have not tried from home with the Win7 system yet.

I will say this of this game, WHEN I am able to get into a game, I absolutely love it. We have searched for the next great MP shooter in this thread for a couple of years, having tried Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, CoD:MW 1 and 2, etc. This is the one. :confused:Now fix my #######g servers DICE! ;)
Should have tried MAG

I will say this of this game, WHEN I am able to get into a game, I absolutely love it. We have searched for the next great MP shooter in this thread for a couple of years, having tried Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, CoD:MW 1 and 2, etc. This is the one. <_<Now fix my #######g servers DICE! :shock:
Should have tried MAG
I would have to be a PS3 for that, but I have my 360 and gaming rig, so I am good to go. :shock:

I haven't been able to get the server browser to work. Play now just tells me there are no games found.

My soldier name is OuttaTime for those who want to add me. PC version.

I will say this of this game, WHEN I am able to get into a game, I absolutely love it. We have searched for the next great MP shooter in this thread for a couple of years, having tried Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, CoD:MW 1 and 2, etc. This is the one. :thumbup:Now fix my #######g servers DICE! :thumbup:
I'm using Win7 64 bit and I haven't had one issue :knockonwood:Hope you get it fixed.

Almost lvl 10 now. My last game was crazy. I lead the team in points with about 3500 while going lone wolf with no squad. I had kill streaks of 6-8 with the recon, engineer, and twice with a tank. I basically played whatever my team needed at the time. When I was the recon guy I dropped mortar on the demo point as their whole team was running to to disarm it. Got four kills and and a bunch of assists. The game before Manback and I were the anchor of our team when we placed our stolen tank that we took from their base on a bridge in between the last two demo spots. He was driving and using the main gun while I spotted, repaired, and maned the turret. We cost them a good 35 tickets. :hophead:

Almost lvl 10 now. My last game was crazy. I lead the team in points with about 3500 while going lone wolf with no squad. I had kill streaks of 6-8 with the recon, engineer, and twice with a tank. I basically played whatever my team needed at the time. When I was the recon guy I dropped mortar on the demo point as their whole team was running to to disarm it. Got four kills and and a bunch of assists. The game before Manback and I were the anchor of our team when we placed our stolen tank that we took from their base on a bridge in between the last two demo spots. He was driving and using the main gun while I spotted, repaired, and maned the turret. We cost them a good 35 tickets. :lmao:
Thanks for the invite. I was on my last game with my friends then called it a night. LOL i just got to level 1. With my group I play as recon. Finally unlocked the mortar - that is awesome.Had some really decent games on rush as attackers with recon. On defense it's useless.I don't like the unlocked sniper at all.

some good games last night. a couple of very close losses.

I don't like that there are so few conquest maps (only like 5 or so by my count) but at least all of them are good. I'll probably play some rush tonight.

I was a bullet magnet a few games last night (especially the first one i joined when you guys were playing Panama Canal). I'm in a group of 7 or 8 people and it seemed like every shot was hitting me first. O well.

Holly crap...so me and brother-inlaw go and play last night (PS3) and we are on a team with all level 1's and brand newbies. We get matched up against an avergae level team of 10....WTF...do people have no jobs or school? One day in and I am getting hammered.

These armor add on's are killing me dude. Do I really have to log in 8 straight hours to catch up to these people? I love the game...it is great...but last night was brutal I mean brutal!!!!

End of rant. And I will have to get in an all night session to catch up to these pimps....damm!

Also I find the single shot Sniper Rifle to be the best gun thus far for Recon.....longest range and powerful.....can't wait to unlock a better long range rifle though....the reload times can kill you agianst level 8 and up...if you don't get a head shot they don't seem to die on a body shot.

Maybe I ought to try hardcore where one shot deaths are more frequent?

Any suggestions? I want a more realistic take on guy's being able to keep moving after getting hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not much of a tank guy, and i've got 6 or 7 armor upgrades already (i think i'm almost level 8 after roughly 6 hours of play time). they come pretty fast.

if you spread your play time out, your unlocks come pretty fast. Yeah, there are some guns that you dont unlock until levels 20-25, but for the most part, i think everyone will be on pretty much the same plane in terms of specilizations after a week or so.

There might be a little imbalance now between the level 10's and the level 2's, but that wont last that long

It takes 2-3 engies to take down an upgraded tank. Thats just the way it is. Between the tracer dart (which helps RPG and Gustavs) and the guided rocket launcher (which i unlocked last night) and mortars/ other armor, there's plenty to take tanks down. you just need multiple people to do it. (either that, or a stupid tank driver that wont repair or is too dumb to figure out where the rockets are coming from)

One person shouldnt be able to consistently beat a tank. Its a freaking tank.

Almost lvl 10 now. My last game was crazy. I lead the team in points with about 3500 while going lone wolf with no squad. I had kill streaks of 6-8 with the recon, engineer, and twice with a tank. I basically played whatever my team needed at the time. When I was the recon guy I dropped mortar on the demo point as their whole team was running to to disarm it. Got four kills and and a bunch of assists. The game before Manback and I were the anchor of our team when we placed our stolen tank that we took from their base on a bridge in between the last two demo spots. He was driving and using the main gun while I spotted, repaired, and maned the turret. We cost them a good 35 tickets. ;)
:goodposting:That was a lot of fun.I probably won't be able to get on and play much tonight, or really anytime soon, but I am looking forward to investing more time into this.

some good games last night. a couple of very close losses. I don't like that there are so few conquest maps (only like 5 or so by my count) but at least all of them are good. I'll probably play some rush tonight.I was a bullet magnet a few games last night (especially the first one i joined when you guys were playing Panama Canal). I'm in a group of 7 or 8 people and it seemed like every shot was hitting me first. O well.
Very fun few rounds last night. I have spent all my time as medic. Once I get to around 15-20k points there I might start looking at others. I want to get red dot and maybe 4X, but we will see. Good times in the chopper last night, TLEF. That round we had was awesome. :shrug:

Servers appear to be down, or at least not letting me join. I clicked to try to join about 30 different servers and was denied after maybe 2 seconds. Faster than before. :goodposting:

some good games last night. a couple of very close losses. I don't like that there are so few conquest maps (only like 5 or so by my count) but at least all of them are good. I'll probably play some rush tonight.I was a bullet magnet a few games last night (especially the first one i joined when you guys were playing Panama Canal). I'm in a group of 7 or 8 people and it seemed like every shot was hitting me first. O well.
Very fun few rounds last night. I have spent all my time as medic. Once I get to around 15-20k points there I might start looking at others. I want to get red dot and maybe 4X, but we will see. Good times in the chopper last night, TLEF. That round we had was awesome. :excited:
i was a little disapointed when it ended. i couldnt believe i only got 11 kills. i figured it was at least 19 or 20. Taking the other team's chopper down 4 times was :goodposting:the repair tool needs to be toned down IMO. It just works way too fast. You can get a chopper from 8% to full health and back in the air in like 20 seconds. Not that i was complaining last night, but its still too fast.

Pulled this from a site. Gonna try it:

One of the DICE employees finally posted the port information - they've changed slightly since the beta ended, which was the source of my problem connecting. Here they are for anyone else's reference:

18390 TCP Outgoing

18395 TCP Outgoing

18395 UDP Outgoing

13505 TCP Outgoing

80 TCP Outgoing

Very fun few rounds last night. I have spent all my time as medic. Once I get to around 15-20k points there I might start looking at others. I want to get red dot and maybe 4X, but we will see. Good times in the chopper last night, TLEF. That round we had was awesome. :loco:
i was a little disapointed when it ended. i couldnt believe i only got 11 kills. i figured it was at least 19 or 20. Taking the other team's chopper down 4 times was :confused:the repair tool needs to be toned down IMO. It just works way too fast. You can get a chopper from 8% to full health and back in the air in like 20 seconds. Not that i was complaining last night, but its still too fast.
It was faster than 20. I remember watching the % fly from 8 to 100 in like 6 seconds. :eek:

Very fun few rounds last night. I have spent all my time as medic. Once I get to around 15-20k points there I might start looking at others. I want to get red dot and maybe 4X, but we will see. Good times in the chopper last night, TLEF. That round we had was awesome. :loco:
i was a little disapointed when it ended. i couldnt believe i only got 11 kills. i figured it was at least 19 or 20. Taking the other team's chopper down 4 times was :confused:the repair tool needs to be toned down IMO. It just works way too fast. You can get a chopper from 8% to full health and back in the air in like 20 seconds. Not that i was complaining last night, but its still too fast.
It was faster than 20. I remember watching the % fly from 8 to 100 in like 6 seconds. :eek:
between landing, repairing and getting back in the air, it was probably like 15-20 seconds.Just absurd. How are the rockets? I know you took some stuff out with them, but they dont appear to be totally devestating. Is one blast enough to kill a tank?

the xbox servers look like there down. I haven't played yet, i'm borrowing my buddies game to try it out. Anybody online on xbox right now? Any idea when the servers will be back up?

Bought this last night, seems fun, but quite a bit different than MW2.

I actually had a match where I was 0-9 in k/d. At least you can get points doing other things like marking the enemy etc. I tried flying a chopper once, I promptly crashed into a bunch of trees and died.

Very fun few rounds last night. I have spent all my time as medic. Once I get to around 15-20k points there I might start looking at others. I want to get red dot and maybe 4X, but we will see. Good times in the chopper last night, TLEF. That round we had was awesome. :excited:
i was a little disapointed when it ended. i couldnt believe i only got 11 kills. i figured it was at least 19 or 20. Taking the other team's chopper down 4 times was :moneybag:the repair tool needs to be toned down IMO. It just works way too fast. You can get a chopper from 8% to full health and back in the air in like 20 seconds. Not that i was complaining last night, but its still too fast.
between landing, repairing and getting back in the air, it was probably like 15-20 seconds.Just absurd. How are the rockets? I know you took some stuff out with them, but they dont appear to be totally devestating. Is one blast enough to kill a tank?
No, they seemed like launching spitballs it seems. That was my first time piloting the BC2 choppers, but I did a lot of BF2 choppers and these are much more noob friendly. Slower reactions by far. I cannot cut corners like before, but it will be a learning process I am sure. The rockets are great for leveling buildings and ferreting out soldiers though.It is NOT a port issue. I put this rig in the DMZ to see and still nuttin'.

Bought this last night, seems fun, but quite a bit different than MW2. I actually had a match where I was 0-9 in k/d. At least you can get points doing other things like marking the enemy etc. I tried flying a chopper once, I promptly crashed into a bunch of trees and died.
That was me the night before. My matches went something like 8-8, 2-15, 6-11, 1-10. Also killed both madshot and myself by driving a boat outside of the area. :bag:

The best thing you can do as a Recon is mark the enemys for your squad members and take out the other teams snipers. That seems to be the lowdown in taking on the Recon role...also disarming and eventually Mortar placement.

The game kicks ### big time even if your having a tough time right now(like me). The sheer joy of getting into a Sherman tank and rumbling across the battlefield and blowing #### up is marvelous!

The best thing you can do as a Recon is mark the enemys for your squad members and take out the other teams snipers. That seems to be the lowdown in taking on the Recon role...also disarming and eventually Mortar placement.

The game kicks ### big time even if your having a tough time right now(like me). The sheer joy of getting into a Sherman tank and rumbling across the battlefield and blowing #### up is marvelous!
You playing BF1942? :confused: ;)

thats the stuff that seperates this game from Mw2 to me.

When i had a big round in Mw2 (and it didnt happen often) it was because my kill streaks racked up a lot of kills. Yeah, it was nice to see that 30-4 up there, but it wasnt very rewarding when i knew that 2 of them came from a predator, 10 from a harrier and 15 from the chopper.

In BF, when i have a huge round, its because I got the kills. Combine that with the "battlefield moments" that the game provides (like my Triple kill last night when i blew up that Bradley with a rocket) and i just think the whole thing is a killer package.

Holly crap...so me and brother-inlaw go and play last night (PS3) and we are on a team with all level 1's and brand newbies. We get matched up against an avergae level team of 10....WTF...do people have no jobs or school? One day in and I am getting hammered.
This game definitely could do a better job of match-making, or at least balancing out the teams.

I have spent all my time as medic. Once I get to around 15-20k points there I might start looking at others. I want to get red dot and maybe 4X, but we will see.
Same here. I unlocked the 4x last night, but I found it was more of a hindrance than a help. Yeah, it's nice when you're trying to pick guys off at a distance, but most of the combat I'm involved in tends to involve relatively short ranges, and I find it harder to "scope in" on short- and medium-range targets with this. I think I'm going to stick with the RDS for now.

Had a new problem today when I unsuccessfully tried to get in a server from my office - CTD baby! :lmao:

FWIW These problems have only been at my office. At home on my gaming rig, it seems OK.

Word to the wise for PC gamers. Do NOT set up the exe to run as admin if you have Win7. It will cause the game to not be able to launch at all.

There is a HUGE thread at EA.com about all these problems. I honestly cannot remember a game being released so buggy. It truly is ridiculous. I just hope it gets fixed soon since it is so awesome when in game.

EA's problem here is that BF players are some of the more dedicated out there. There were hundreds of active servers mid-day 6 years after this game's release. I am not sure how they felt they could drop this stinker as is. The gameplay is fantastic. Being able to actually play the game is another thing altogether.

FWIW I don't think I will be online tonight. Wife sent me a very interesting text/photo and I think she wants my attention tonight. :thumbup:

FWIW I don't think I will be online tonight. Wife sent me a very interesting text/photo and I think she wants my attention tonight. :thumbup:
i may not get on tonight. My reason is not quite as good (heading home to have dinner at my dad's and watch survivor/The office) :thumbup:maybe i'll hop on for a few rounds around 10:30 or so.

I won't be on tonight either because I promised my LOTRO Kinship that I would be on LOTRO tonight.
They might need a minstrel, but FBG's will need a MEDIC man! Get your priorities straight! :hophead:You still in the Creations of Light kin btw?

These armor add on's are killing me dude. Do I really have to log in 8 straight hours to catch up to these people? I love the game...it is great...but last night was brutal I mean brutal!!!!

End of rant. And I will have to get in an all night session to catch up to these pimps....damm!

Also I find the single shot Sniper Rifle to be the best gun thus far for Recon.....longest range and powerful.....can't wait to unlock a better long range rifle though....the reload times can kill you agianst level 8 and up...if you don't get a head shot they don't seem to die on a body shot.

Maybe I ought to try hardcore where one shot deaths are more frequent?

Any suggestions? I want a more realistic take on guy's being able to keep moving after getting hit.
The next gun you unlock has automatic capabilities. It's less accurate and powerful but the ability to get a few shots off helps if you don't headshot. I hate the scope on the new gun though - it's tough to align in a rush. I still am figuring out where to aim when low and aiming high and vice versa with the "gravity" effect. Same for quickly moving targets. I hit a couple last night as they were running across my view and took them out, great feeling.I have like 4 hours played - LOL just got to level 1 - some people have >60 hours played :excited:

I pulled a COD/Halo move yesterday. Played a quick thing of deathmatch - guy came running at me shooting - I did a lame jump and knife and somehow killed him :excited:

I agree the match making could use tweaking and our private room didn't work last night at all which sucked.

I checked the stats and that's where it stores all your dogtags you pickup etc (xbox360) that was kind of neat)

Question - what does my SPEC 3 mean - if I set that to "extra armor in a vehicle" - does that mean when I get in a vehicle that, that spec is "in effect'?

Question - what does my SPEC 3 mean - if I set that to "extra armor in a vehicle" - does that mean when I get in a vehicle that, that spec is "in effect'?
yup.Those are also stackable. So if are playing with a buddy, have him equip the armor and you can equip a diferent spec 3. then you get the benefit of both.

Users who are viewing this thread