What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (1 Viewer)

Despite being the massive BF fan that I am, I didn't pre-order. The cops and robbers theme doesn't really interest me and I don't see anything they've done that's all that innovative.

Combine that with the announcement that more DLC (assuming maps) is coming for Bf4 premium and I'm taking a pass at least for now.

Downloaded the beta for the PC anyway. I may jump on later this week but I'm not sure yet. Just have a feeling this is gonna be a dud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite being the massive BF fan that I am, I didn't pre-order. The cops and robbers theme doesn't really interest me and I don't see anything they've done that's all that innovative.

Combine that with the announcement that more DLC (assuming maps) is coming for Bf4 premium and I'm taking a pass at least for now.

Downloaded the beta for the PC anyway. I may jump on later this week but I'm not sure yet. Just have a feeling this is gonna be a dud.
Yeah, i wasn't too enthused with the beta last year. I'm gonna' pass on it as well.

Hardline feels terrible on the xbox one. My buddy feels the same way and said it feels circa 2005 without imagination. I told him that does a disservice to the great fps games back then, Hardline, well at least Heist mode is just bad and I love objective based modes. Kind of disappointed in it. The gunplay and even the classic Battlefield "feel" is missing. BC3 please.
This...Hate the beta PS3

Yeah, i wasn't too enthused with the beta last year. I'm gonna' pass on it as well.
I'll probably hold out for a price drop on it too. I still haven't played any of the last 3 map packs of BF4.

Me too, makes me sad. Really enjoyed killing (and reviving) my BF buddies.

Downloaded the beta. Was quite surprised actually. Was quite a bit of fun to play heist (bad guys try to break into a bank to steal money as cops try to keep them out). If the other modes on this were as fun, I might be purchasing. Try it out though. Doesn't cost anything

Yup, I'll just keep playing BF4 for now, wait for a price drop. I'm downloading the beta, but don't expect to find I like it anymore than I did last time around. Just didn't feel like Battlefield.

For those that haven't played a while (and aren't burned out), BF4 is still a lot of fun to play, and many of the most annoying bugs are fixed now. I haven't been playing a lot lately, but if anyone wants to get a squad night together, I'd be in.

Yup, I'll just keep playing BF4 for now, wait for a price drop. I'm downloading the beta, but don't expect to find I like it anymore than I did last time around. Just didn't feel like Battlefield.

For those that haven't played a while (and aren't burned out), BF4 is still a lot of fun to play, and many of the most annoying bugs are fixed now. I haven't been playing a lot lately, but if anyone wants to get a squad night together, I'd be in.
I'd be in too. I haven't played in a long time either. Was on the other night for the first time in about 2 months too.

Picked up Hardline (XB360) yesterday and fired it up last night. Whoa, it looks, plays and feels completely different from BF4, which is probably a good thing. I'm going to have to check out some tutorials to figure out the perk system. I didn't try all the modes yet, but really liked Hotwired and Blood Money, and good old Conquest of course. Will be playing some more over the next several days, so will post some more thoughts soon.

Anyone else got it yet?

I'm looking for something to play but the cops and robbers aspect doesn't grab me, and I'm not convinced they can execute a smooth launch. Although if it really is just a reskin of BF4 that should help.

I may pick it up for Xbox one to play with my brother but I'll probably pass on pc.

I enjoyed the beta but not enought to drop 100 bucks. It seems like bf4 is getting additional dlc so I'll just wait for that

Waiting for a price drop on Hardlines. I'd want it and premium for around $50 (or less) instead of $100.

Picked up Hardline (XB360) yesterday and fired it up last night. Whoa, it looks, plays and feels completely different from BF4, which is probably a good thing. I'm going to have to check out some tutorials to figure out the perk system. I didn't try all the modes yet, but really liked Hotwired and Blood Money, and good old Conquest of course. Will be playing some more over the next several days, so will post some more thoughts soon.

Anyone else got it yet?
I've got it as well (ps4) and loved the blood money mode as well. This game is quite a bit more fun than people realize and there didn't seem to be any problems on launch day. Just takes a while to update and install.

So, um, the new AN-94 if pretty much the boss of all boss guns. I was mowing down people with iron sights. Add in the basic coyote and good night. Son and I had a fun couple of days playing.

Hey Max, your team last night was terrible at helping the team, as I am sure you know. When I joined, your team was up 2300-1700 tickets. It ended with my team winning 550-0. Sucks to get stuck on a team that likes to sit back and tank snipe on that Silk Road map. I do not think I got you at all, but I know you aced me at least once. :hot: ;)

Hey Max, your team last night was terrible at helping the team, as I am sure you know. When I joined, your team was up 2300-1700 tickets. It ended with my team winning 550-0. Sucks to get stuck on a team that likes to sit back and tank snipe on that Silk Road map. I do not think I got you at all, but I know you aced me at least once. :hot: ;)
Yeah, that sucked balls. I was fuming big time. :)

I am probably not going to get Hardline unless I see a spectacular deal, but if you are looking at it for PC, make sure and check the server numbers. I saw something recently saying there was only a handful of populated servers for PC, like 10 or less at many peak times, much less off-peak. A lot of players have gone back to BF4, including quite a few of the YouTubers doing reviews.

For the new patch, shotguns are freakishly overpowered as well. I haven't started using them, but people are going nuts with them. All of the guns were tweaked, so if your favorite setup isn't quite working for you, may need to try a few different ones to see what works for you now.

I am probably not going to get Hardline unless I see a spectacular deal, but if you are looking at it for PC, make sure and check the server numbers. I saw something recently saying there was only a handful of populated servers for PC, like 10 or less at many peak times, much less off-peak. A lot of players have gone back to BF4, including quite a few of the YouTubers doing reviews.

For the new patch, shotguns are freakishly overpowered as well. I haven't started using them, but people are going nuts with them. All of the guns were tweaked, so if your favorite setup isn't quite working for you, may need to try a few different ones to see what works for you now.
I've heard the same thing. On a related note, I finally picked up Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare for PC and... it's also slim in population. Not good EA.

FYI You have to manually add the Night Ops DLC, it does not automatically do it for you, even though it is free. The kicker as well? Even though it does a new patch, you cannot play online until you get the DLC. It is like this week DICE decided, #### you PC gamers.

FYI You have to manually add the Night Ops DLC, it does not automatically do it for you, even though it is free. The kicker as well? Even though it does a new patch, you cannot play online until you get the DLC. It is like this week DICE decided, #### you PC gamers.
Not sure who is making the decisions over there.

Corporation said:
Mad Cow said:
Not sure who is making the decisions over there.
I'll buy two vowels and go with an E and an A.

Played a few rounds with Mael and my son last night. Between double xp event and a 200% booster, i went up 4 ranks in a short time.

So Star Wars Battlefront, we all know its changes and limitations, but darn it all, I still want to make it mine. :bag: Any other FBG's going down the PC route with this?

So Star Wars Battlefront, we all know its changes and limitations, but darn it all, I still want to make it mine. :bag: Any other FBG's going down the PC route with this?
Yes. I am buying it. I am far more the casual FPS player than I was and I think this game will be perfect.

I forced myself to make a decision between Black Ops 3, Fallout 4 and Battlefront and it wasn't really even a hard choice.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country from the 22nd through the 29th so I'll miss alot of early ranking up and therefore matchmaking chances with FBGs.

Actually, I don't know it's changes and limitations. What are they?

I've seen the trailer and it does look good, but trailers always make it look good. I might go in on it too.

My son has a good friend that has it preordered on PC, so I might just grab it as well since he wants to get it.

I gave in and bought Battlefront. Overwatch Beta is down until late January and I have generated quite a shooter itch. I tried BF4 again, but just didn't feel it.

By the way, Overwatch is the bee's knees.

Battlefront is pretty enough to keep me entertained for a month. My kids can play it after that.

I gave in and bought Battlefront. Overwatch Beta is down until late January and I have generated quite a shooter itch. I tried BF4 again, but just didn't feel it.

Battlefront is pretty enough to keep me entertained for a month. My kids can play it after that.
Yeah, it can be fun in short bursts, but it is about as deep as a puddle.

Yeah, it can be fun in short bursts, but it is about as deep as a puddle.
Yeah, it's not like I'm going to play 4 hours a night every night. Just want to jump in and play a few matches

I'm in when it goes cheap. I've got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.
As long as there are still people playing it, this is my plan. Maybe by then I'll be able to upgrade my machine to be able to play it at 4k (although I may not want to, seeing as my 4k monitor is only 30hz when at 4k).

I'm in when it goes cheap. I've got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.
As long as there are still people playing it, this is my plan. Maybe by then I'll be able to upgrade my machine to be able to play it at 4k (although I may not want to, seeing as my 4k monitor is only 30hz when at 4k).
I've heard from most people that things are worse than the beta. I'm leaning more towards waiting for the next installment unless it gets fixed. I don't know whether EA or Dice is to blame, but they done f'd it up.

So is there a new battlefield already in the works after hardline?

And based on the last few pages of comments, are more ppl still playing bf4 than hardline?

So is there a new battlefield already in the works after hardline?

And based on the last few pages of comments, are more ppl still playing bf4 than hardline?
I'm still playing BF4.

The next BF is in the works, I think it's just called BF:Next at the moment. A lot of the speculation is that it will be BF2143, particularly since one the last patches for BF4 introduced hover tanks and had installations with walkers being built. I read an article saying it's about the right as far as timing goes, there is a fair amount of "futurism" in shooters right now, so they thought the market should be receptive. If so, I hope they redo the Titan mode and get it right (unlike the carrier attack mode that is relatively horrible in BF4).

Saw Gator Shawn and TLEF in game tonight, but just missed you guys (I think I jumped in as you were finishing up).

For anyone who wrote BF4 off a lone time ago, there is new content (even if you don't have the DLCs) coming out and a very large community still playing. Here's Matimi0's take on it: https://youtu.be/uPbX5GYUR_I

Maelstrom said:
Saw Gator Shawn and TLEF in game tonight, but just missed you guys (I think I jumped in as you were finishing up).

For anyone who wrote BF4 off a lone time ago, there is new content (even if you don't have the DLCs) coming out and a very large community still playing. Here's Matimi0's take on it: https://youtu.be/uPbX5GYUR_I
Thanks a lot. That made me go pick up premium. I'll jump in game sometime. Hope you guys are well.

Users who are viewing this thread