What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

Are we going with MC Escher as the actual pick for the Stillers? Just curious because that seems like an obvious reach there.
FYI, Kiper's new mock that came out in the last 24 hours or so has Vander Esch going to Pittsburgh at #28, also mentions they may look to trade down, which I also tried to do.  Just FTR.

About to be AFK for the weekend, so in the hopes that Nuke George isn't targeting him, the Steelers pick Kyzir White, SS, WVU.

With ILB and OLB shored up, the Steelers need a hard-hitting box safety with Sean Davis reportedly being moved to FS if/when Mitchell is released to better utilize his range and skill set.  White reminds me a lot of Keanu Neal in that he's ultra-physical, kind of a SS/LB hybrid type box safety who can fill the lanes and unleash hell against the run.  He's not the ball-hawking safety most teams are looking for, but aside from Derwin James, he's probably the guy in this draft best suited to this role. To get him late third is huge for this Steelers defense.

White and Vander Esch would likely be day 1 starters with Hubbard rotating in with Chickillo on the edge backing up Watt and Dupree, so the Steelers' three biggest needs on defense are filled.  With no further picks until round 5, getting those spots filled without reaching terribly was the entire goal coming in.

Adieu, all.

About to be AFK for the weekend, so in the hopes that Nuke George isn't targeting him, the Steelers pick Kyzir White, SS, WVU.

With ILB and OLB shored up, the Steelers need a hard-hitting box safety with Sean Davis reportedly being moved to FS if/when Mitchell is released to better utilize his range and skill set.  White reminds me a lot of Keanu Neal in that he's ultra-physical, kind of a SS/LB hybrid type box safety who can fill the lanes and unleash hell against the run.  He's not the ball-hawking safety most teams are looking for, but aside from Derwin James, he's probably the guy in this draft best suited to this role. To get him late third is huge for this Steelers defense.

White and Vander Esch would likely be day 1 starters with Hubbard rotating in with Chickillo on the edge backing up Watt and Dupree, so the Steelers' three biggest needs on defense are filled.  With no further picks until round 5, getting those spots filled without reaching terribly was the entire goal coming in.

Adieu, all.
Don't go now. We need your fake picks now more than ever.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Atlanta needs a safety to pair with Neal - given his system flexibility I think the best bet is

3.90 - Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

@Andy Dufresne - what say you?
One of the guys I was considering for Miami.

I watched him a bit. Has pretty good range, good ball skills. Tips balls to his team mates for turnovers. Is good at attacking the ball while tackling and stripping it out.

Very slow to react to the run. Takes bad angles and misses easy tackles. Needs to get stronger and improve tackling to get on the field.

Adieu, all.
That's great suggestion. I'll take him.....

Andy Dufresne said:
Excellent. The sources I read have him in the 2-4 round range.

It wasn't obvious but he took Jaylen samuels.
Actually, that was for Carolina's pick #85 (3.21). They also have a pick at #88 (3.24), which was the one skipped.

Unless I have the pick order wrong, which is possible.

It is, i made a mistake thinking that was their 88th pick. 

If @pantherclub wants Duke, take him. 
In order to get this moving again, I'll just make the pick now, using the DraftTek pick above.

Pick 3.24 (#88)

Carolina Panthers

Bradley Bozeman, G-C, Alabama

If pantherclub disagrees, he can change it. Otherwise, let's just getting going again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, you can make the pick for me. I don't have time today to go through picks and see who's available. Bills need any OL, DT, LB, WR, RB.

Does anyone want to make picks for Buffalo, Cardinals and Texans they are all right in a row?

96 Bills

97 Cardinals

98 Texans

3.37 (100) cincinatti selects

simmie cobbs jr, wr ind

I should probably use this pick on defense, but I can’t, as a gm, trot Brandon lafell out there again. Cobbs would be on a lot more radars had he played in 2016. At 6’4” he provides a big target in the red zone, and Cincy is set up for life after dalton/green. 

@-OZ- where do we go from here?

3.37 (100) cincinatti selects

simmie cobbs jr, wr ind

I should probably use this pick on defense, but I can’t, as a gm, trot Brandon lafell out there again. Cobbs would be on a lot more radars had he played in 2016. At 6’4” he provides a big target in the red zone, and Cincy is set up for life after dalton/green. 

@-OZ- where do we go from here?
Good question. I think we can stop the draft. But I'd really like to see what other players you'd all want you team to draft,  your plans for rounds 4-7. Possibly include what you want your team to do in FA. 

also, what do y'all think of others drafts? It's still too early to call any player a real reach imo, but what do you think? Who fell further than expected? 

Titans received no comp picks so we're stuck with just the original, minus the 7th. Only 6 picks and late picks at that, it could be a relatively boring day. 

Tennessee was mentioned as a possible trading partner for Jarvis Landry. https://247sports.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/Bolt/Titans-mentioned-as-potential-team-to-trade-for-Jarvis-Landry-115458416 I think that's completely wrong. They don't have the assets to trade for him, he costs too much, and we already have the dolphin receiver who serves a similar role and is cheaper (Mathews) plus with Davis and Taylor, wr isn't a need really, at least not that severe to pay that much. 

If JRob, Vrabel, and lafleur decide they need a veteran wr, I'd rather they sign Jordan Matthews (thereby causing confusion throughout the year) or bring Kendall wright back. If lafleur lobbies for him, Watkins could be an exciting fit too, but that's only if lafleur really wants him.

I'd really like McKinnon in Tennessee as the receiving back. He can back up Henry well enough and provides a skillset we haven't seen from Derrick yet. 

The primary need this off season is in the secondary. Trumaine Johnson would be welcome but I don't think we break the bank for him. Kyle Fuller, Patrick Robinson, and nickel robey-Coleman are less expensive options who could help. Fuller would be my choice if reasonable. 

We also need a better backup QB. Savage isn't great by any stretch but he's better than Cassell. I'd prefer Chad henne or Derek Anderson. But maybe just draft a guy?

Despite not having many picks, I'm pretty happy with Isaiah Wynn, G/C/OT, Georgia, Dorance Armstrong, DE/OLB, Kansas, and Duke Dawson, CB, Florida. These guys aren't going to get a lot if excitement but they will be good fits imo.  

For the rest of the draft, I'd love to walk away with ( from those who could be there at each pick)

Round 4, Pick 125 - Mike white, WKU QB
Round 5, Pick 162 - Akrum Wadley, Iowa RB
Round 6, Pick 199 - best ol for depth, preferably interior

Well, for cincy, I feel I did what a gm not on the hot seat might do, and tried to get younger at several positions, but probably didn’t add more than 1-2 starters. I would spend the rest of my draft stock on defense, and maybe add another olineman to develop. 

So far, the Vikings have selected

Marcus Davenport, DE UTSA

Chukwuma Okorafor, OT W Mich

RJ McDonald, DT Miami FL

The NFCCG exposed that this team lacks depth at key positions. These selections attempted to rectify that. 

Next on the list would be to try and add some more to the WR, DB, and still more on the O-line.

Guys to consider:

Nyheim Hines

Mark Walton

Akrum Wadley

DJ Chark

Michael Gallup

Daesean Hamilton

Jaleel Scott

Tarvarus McFadden

Isaac Yiadom

Nick Nelson

Scott Quessenberry

Alex Cappa

Brett Toth

This team is in a funny position. Guys like Hunter, Kendricks, and Barr are all going to be up for big contracts soon. 

The QB situation could unravel quickly and they should take a swing at guys like Benkert, Ferguson, or White.

For the rest of the draft, I'd love to walk away with ( from those who could be there at each pick)

Round 4, Pick 125 - Mike white, WKU QB
Sorry, bud, if he's there at 4.118 he's gonna be a Raven.

Because why settle for just one Joe Flacco when you could have two?  :lol:

To bad we couldn't keep this going one more round, there are still some intriguing players left on the board.

What if we just keep going without assigned teams but you have to leave at least two or three picks between the ones you do to give others a chance?

If there's interest, let's roll. 

If anyone isn't able or willing to pick for your team let us know.

4th Round

97 Cleveland

98 NY Giants

99 Houston

100 Indianapolis

101 Chicago

102 Denver

103 NY Jets

104 Tampa Bay

105 DEN 

106 Oakland

107 Miami

108 Cincinnati

109 Washington

110 Green Bay

111 CHI

112 Dallas

113 Detroit

114 Baltimore

115 LA Chargers

116 Seattle

117 Buffalo

118 Kansas City

119 CLE

120 LA Rams  (Chiefs after Peters trade)

121 Tennessee

122 Atlanta

123 New Orleans

124 SF

125 Jacksonville

126 MIA

127 PHI

128 Philadelphia

Comp picks

4th round, pick 133 — Packers

4th round, pick 134 — Cardinals

4th round, pick 135 — Giants