What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FFA MLB Draft (1 Viewer)

This started a lot differntly than I thought it would.  The best rhp and lhp of all time might be off the board already.
Agree, I thought picthing would slide. hmmmmm
IMO, Koufax does not = the best LHP ever. I can name two that were better.
Koufax, dominant as he was, went considerably higher than I thought he would. It will be up the the write ups to determine whether at his peak he will be on par with some pitchers considered "better overall" - but it will be hard to argue with an at his peak Koufax. I mean, if someone else was unhittable and Koufax was also, who is to argue if someone wants to toss out Koufax.
I couldn't care less what the write ups say. I am drafting to win the whatifsports.com simulation. It won't care whether Koufax had a 10 or 20 year career.
oh Christ.THAT NOT WHY WERE HERE
Politician Spock has ZERO chance in popularity circle jerks of the FFA. The whatifsports sim is all I got.
in the NBA thread, I got beat in round 1, and I'm (unfortunately) involved in more of the clique circle-jerk crap than anybody here.in fact, Polish Hammer, a guy most people probably wouldn't identify as a 'well-known' poster is in the Final Four. so just don't blow them off THAT easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any info on how the stadium round is moving along?
pumpnick-1000Spock-911Higgins-907Capella-851Nipsey-800Sammy3469-695Pickles-660Harrier-611Funkley- whenever he shows upThis list in reverse order. Harrier is up and on the clock. Funkley is past the clock and can pick when he gets here.

This started a lot differntly than I thought it would.  The best rhp and lhp of all time might be off the board already.
Koufax, dominant as he was, went considerably higher than I thought he would. It will be up the the write ups to determine whether at his peak he will be on par with some pitchers considered "better overall" - but it will be hard to argue with an at his peak Koufax. I mean, if someone else was unhittable and Koufax was also, who is to argue if someone wants to toss out Koufax.
I couldn't care less what the write ups say. I am drafting to win the whatifsports.com simulation. It won't care whether Koufax had a 10 or 20 year career.
Politician Spock has ZERO chance in popularity circle jerks of the FFA. The whatifsports sim is all I got.
in the NBA thread, I got beat in round 1, and I'm (unfortunately) involved in more of the clique circle-jerk crap than anybody here.in fact, Polish Hammer, a guy most people probably wouldn't identify as a 'well-known' poster is in the Final Four. so just don't blow them off THAT easily.
If I wasn't "well-known", I would be better off than I am now in this regard.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I easily have far more "enemies" (so to speak) than a not "well-known" Polish Hammer.To put it another way, imagine Rush Limbaugh running for president.

bump to the first page. Higgins (who is out of town on business until wednesday) is up picking a player. Funkley and/or mrharrier are up for their home park.

:wub: feel better?
I've never felt bad about not being popular among this crowd.
Who said anything about a crowd. Its just you and me. And a gay drowning dog that wants to marry us both.Waddya say Poli? :clyde:

Gay marriage is a sin and is morally disgusting. I'm sure you will both burn in the fiery depths of Hell.

Sorry, sorry sorry.....scary issue at home the last few days. Haven't logged on. Better now. Please catch me up. Not sure where we're at and what I'm supposed to do? Home park and a player??!?! Again, sorry. Especially to Bogart cuz I've pissed him off twice.

Funkley, there is a one-round stadium draft going on right now. It goes in reverse order of the actual player draft's first round (see pg 1 of this thread). Your turn was skipped after 12 hrs, but you can make your stadium pick here at any time now -- no need to wait on anyone else.

Simultaneously, the actual player draft has started ... but only two picks have gone so far:

1.1 Walter Johnson, SP

1.2 Sandy Koufax, SP

We've still got a ways before our players picks.

Funkley, there is a one-round stadium draft going on right now. It goes in reverse order of the actual player draft's first round (see pg 1 of this thread). Your turn was skipped after 12 hrs, but you can make your stadium pick here at any time now -- no need to wait on anyone else.

Simultaneously, the actual player draft has started ... but only two picks have gone so far:

1.1 Walter Johnson, SP

1.2 Sandy Koufax, SP

We've still got a ways before our players picks.
Thanks!!!!!!I'll take Sportsman's Park.

Cozy right field for power hitting lefties.

pumpnick-1000Spock-911

Higgins-907

Capella-851

Nipsey-800

Sammy3469-695

Pickles-660

Harrier- whenever he shows up

Funkley- whenever he shows up

This list in reverse order. Harrier is up and on the clock. Funkley is past the clock and can pick when he gets here.
Harrier's 12 hrs are long overwith. Pickles is now on the stadium draft-clock.Harrier: go ahead and pick now -- no need to wait on Pickles.

Sorry, sorry sorry.....scary issue at home the last few days. Haven't logged on. Better now. Please catch me up. Not sure where we're at and what I'm supposed to do? Home park and a player??!?! Again, sorry. Especially to Bogart cuz I've pissed him off twice.
no prob man, just glad to see you back among the living..... besides, I've just about given up interest in VD IV, so feel free to hold it up. :bag:

no prob man, just glad to see you back among the living..... besides, I've just about given up interest in VD IV, so feel free to hold it up. :bag:
I'm with you. Time for me to retire from the VD drafts. Getting repetitive now.

pumpnick-1000Spock-911

Higgins-907

Capella-851

Nipsey-800

Sammy3469-695

Pickles-660

Harrier- whenever he shows up

Funkley- whenever he shows up

This list in reverse order. Harrier is up and on the clock. Funkley is past the clock and can pick when he gets here.
Harrier's 12 hrs are long overwith. Pickles is now on the stadium draft-clock.Harrier: go ahead and pick now -- no need to wait on Pickles.
I believe Pickles is in San Francisco for the Parade this week. You guys might be SOL. :shrug:

hmm..UCONN, did Higgins really say he didn't want to be in this? Because I know lastresort wants to be.Maybe Lastresort can take Higgins' spot, and we can let Higgins have the spot of somebody else that may drop out (haven't seen pickles around).

Bump. What's the holdup?Kidding.
Why kid? It's been over 19 hours since the last pick.
Higgins is a speedy drafter....he just went out of town (and said so in the sign-up thread). I doubt if he'll be a hold-up again. Hopefully we can get this moving. I still think a round a day is fairly reasonable.

,Jan 12 2005, 09:13 AM] I believe Pickles is in San Francisco for the Parade this week. You guys might be SOL. :shrug:
If so, I feel comfortable skipping him. His last post here was January 5th..

hmm..UCONN, did Higgins really say he didn't want to be in this? Because I know lastresort wants to be.Maybe Lastresort can take Higgins' spot, and we can let Higgins have the spot of somebody else that may drop out (haven't seen pickles around).
the last post of his I saw said something about work really heating up plus him having to go out of town until Wednesday (today) on business and that he'd understand if he was replaced. I think the replace/replace scenario you have in mind might be the best option. Check page 10 or 11 on the rules thread for his post.

alright, let's have lastresort step in for higgins, and I'm willing to bet we can find a place for higgins if he still wants in when he gets back.

Posted: Jan 10 2005, 09:37 AM FootballguyGroup: MembersMember No.: 12016Joined: 17-August 04 QUOTE (UCONN @ Jan 10 2005, 08:28 AM) Bump to get this thing started. Bad news for me. Things are getting very busy here at work (I'm going out of town until Wednesday). Unless we can delay for a coupla days, I'm going to have to take a back seat for someone else.... apologies....I'll come back and check (with full expectation that someone may have taken my place). Thanks. That was his last post in the rules thread.

Maybe Lastresort can take Higgins' spot, and we can let Higgins have the spot of somebody else that may drop out (haven't seen pickles around).
Do you have other alternates available? If so, it might be time to call upon those that can draft now, and deal with the sign-up threead folks later on.

Maybe Lastresort can take Higgins' spot, and we can let Higgins have the spot of somebody else that may drop out (haven't seen pickles around).
Do you have other alternates available? If so, it might be time to call upon those that can draft now, and deal with the sign-up threead folks later on.
I'm all for a speedy draft as well. Consistantly hitting that 12 hr. mark isn't cool. It happens sometimes....but it shouldn't in the first round (how hard is it to pm a top 10 into somebody if you know you won't be around). Higgins is different, but like you said you can proboably work him back into this anyway if he wants.

well, lastresort seemed to really want in, so he can take this pick whenever he shows up.seems to be around often enough.we'll see what we can do for higgins.

I was told we're drafing stadiums in here? :unsure:

Can I get a list of which ones are gone please.. or is this another crappy Capella-style draft.

Can I get a list of which ones are gone please.. or is this another crappy Capella-style draft.
Cap is doing a good job - being his judgemental self, but doin a good job. :P Check out the first page of this thread and there should be a link to a roster thread. Not sure how up to date it is but I think it is.

Cap is doing a good job - being his judgemental self, but doin a good job. :P Check out the first page of this thread and there should be a link to a roster thread. Not sure how up to date it is but I think it is.
Did that.. it's pretty much worthless. I think larry_boy is showing something like 70 roster spots and County Stadium. This draft has potential.. :rolleyes:

I was told we're drafing stadiums in here?  :unsure:

Did that.. it's pretty much worthless. I think larry_boy is showing something like 70 roster spots and County Stadium. This draft has potential.. :rolleyes:
We're 4 pages in. If Cappy has to update the first post w/ all that info. two things will happen. The first post will become so big it'll hardly be readable...and Cappy will wish he hadn't started this. I think most of the drafters are keeping their stuff up to date. If anybody isn't it's their fault. I think we've only had 5 or 6 parks picked...if you want me to look them all up for you I will.

pumpnick-Spock-Higgins-Capella-Nipsey- :fishing: Sammy3469-waiting for youPickles-youHarrier-"whenever he get here"doug b-Griffith Stadiumbogart-Ballpark at ArlingtonKoya-Ebbetsfunkley-SportsmanKraft-FenwayUCONN-Shibe Park/Connie MackSpartans-Palace of the FansLarryboy-Milwaukee Cty

Shibe Park, Palace of the Fans, County Stadium, Ebbets Field, Fenway Park, Griffith Stadium, Ballpark at Arlington, and Sportsman's Park are gone. There is a list of all the parks that were available near the end of the rules thread (linked by Cappella in the first post). There is a link to post your roster (including stadium) linked in the first post as well. If you've picked get in there and do this as it will speed up the draft. LB I would suggest toning your post down and making it more readable until we get going. Make it something people can look at and figure out who is picked already. Do the fancy stuff later.

STADIUM DRAFT (one round only, inverse order of Player Draft)

1) Larryboy -- County Stadium, Milwaukee

2) Spartans -- Palace of the Fans, Cincinatti

3) UCONN -- Shibe Park (Connie Mack Stadium), Philadelphia

4) Kraft -- Fenway Park, Boston

5) funkley -- Sportsman's Park, St. Louis

6) Koya -- Ebbets Field, Brooklyn

7) bogart -- Ballpark at Arlington

8) Doug B -- Griffith Stadium, Washington, DC

9) Harrier -- Bank One Ballpark, Phoenix

10) Pickles -- Wrigley Field, Chicago

11) Sammy3469 -- Tiger Stadium, Detroit

12) Nipsey -- on the clock

13) Capella --

14) lastresort --

15) Spock --

16) pumpnick --

MLB PLAYER DRAFT

ROUND ONE

1) pumpnick -- SP Walter Johnson

2) Spock -- SP Sandy Koufax

3) lastresort -- OF Babe Ruth

4) Capella -- OF Willie Mays

5) Nipsey -- on the clock

6) Sammy3469 --

7) Pickles --

8) Harrier --

9) Doug B --

10) bogart --

11) Koya --

12) funkley --

13) Kraft --

14) UCONN --

15) Spartans --

16) Larryboy --

Mr. Pickles, I should make clear: the stadium draft and the first round of the MLB player draft are going on simultaneously.

STADIUM DRAFT (one round only, inverse order of Player Draft)

1) Larryboy -- County Stadium, Milwaukee

2) Spartans -- Palace of the Fans, Cincinatti

3) UCONN -- Shibe Park (Connie Mack Stadium), Philadelphia

4) Kraft -- Fenway Park, Boston

5) funkley -- Sportsman's Park, St. Louis

6) Koya -- Ebbets Field, Brooklyn

7) bogart -- Ballpark at Arlington

8) Doug B -- Griffith Stadium, Washington, DC

9) Harrier -- skip

10) Pickles -- on the clock

11) Sammy3469 --

12) Nipsey --

13) Capella --

14) Higgins (or replacement) --

15) Spock --

16) pumpnick --

MLB PLAYER DRAFT

ROUND ONE

1) pumpnick -- SP Walter Johnson

2) Spock -- SP Sandy Koufax

3) Higgins --

4) Capella --

5) Nipsey --

6) Sammy3469 --

7) Pickles --

8) Harrier --

9) Doug B --

10) bogart --

11) Koya --

12) funkley --

13) Kraft --

14) UCONN --

15) Spartans --

16) Larryboy --

thank youpickles, take the metrodump and let's move on.

By approval from Capella, I am stepping in as a permenant replacement for Higgens and hearby draft the greatest hitter of all time (and holder of the most Win Shares ever by any baseball player of all time):RF- Babe Ruth

By approval from Capella, I am stepping in as a permenant replacement for Higgens and hearby draft the greatest hitter of all time (and holder of the most Win Shares ever by any baseball player of all time):RF- Babe Ruth
It's hard to get a guy who'll outperform the #3 draft slot, you proboably just did imo....hoping this doesn't start a hitter run.

Users who are viewing this thread