What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Heroes Thread (1 Viewer)

A few things/thoughts/questions, some already brought up:1. The scar on Peter doesn't really make sense to me unless he didn't save Claire, which he did. Whatever, the scar seems likely to have come from Hiro and his sword.2. I think Peter dies in the end. I get the feeling he wasn't meant to survive this season.3. I thought the Haitian was a "good" guy? He was clearly on the bad side here.4. So I take it in order to kill/stop Sylar (thus saving the world), we need Hiro and the little girl together in some regard?
1. The scar might be there because Peter is too weak from fighting Sylar for it to fully heal him. 2. I agree from a story standpoint, but the Peter/Jessica connection seems too much a future foreshadow of what is to come in the series.3. The Haitian is working for Mama Petrelli, as far as we know right now. He might go to work for Nathan(Sylar) because of that.

Anyone read the latest chapter of the Novel online? Pretty interesting. I would like to know who those three characters are on the last panel.
Can you link to it please?
Hero Novels
That was cool. Looks like a superfast chick, a guy who can fly and shoot lightning, and a fat strong guy.
Sumo wrestler maybe? He has a pony tail and from the profile could be Asian....

did they tell how Peter got his scar?
Nope - I assume from the explosion.
The better question is why does Peter still have the scar after he saved Claire and absorbed her powers? In the original timeline he wouldn't have come into contact with Claire before Sylar took her power, so the scar makes sense. Once he has the regeneration power, he should have healed immediately after whatever caused it.Doesn't the scar look a little like a sword cut? Hmmmm
I thought the same thing. Gotta be from Hiro....

Also of note, in the previous episode, before Sylar killed Isaac, Isaac said that he "showed them how to kill you".

This episode we see the comic showing Hiro stabbing Sylar.

There have been a couple of posts about a little girl. Was this shown in the previews? My TiVo cut out just as the episode ended, so I did not see any previews.

Anything else good shown in the previews?

There have been a couple of posts about a little girl. Was this shown in the previews? My TiVo cut out just as the episode ended, so I did not see any previews.Anything else good shown in the previews?
It showed the little girl, and it showed Sylar apparently time frozen by Hiro. He was motionless as Hiro was getting ready to stab him or cut him with the sword. As Hiro got close to Sylar from Behind left Sylars eye moved to look at Hiro.

Any ideas as to what the Linderman Legislation is?
i would guess an act to outlaw special people
Didn't nathan say they limited them from "breeding"?
good catch!, he definately mentioned this
There have been a couple of posts about a little girl. Was this shown in the previews? My TiVo cut out just as the episode ended, so I did not see any previews.Anything else good shown in the previews?
It showed the little girl, and it showed Sylar apparently time frozen by Hiro. He was motionless as Hiro was getting ready to stab him or cut him with the sword. As Hiro got close to Sylar from Behind left Sylars eye moved to look at Hiro.
maybe its the little girl that has the ice/ freezing power that we see sylar with in the future.maybe she got scared and used itwe don't see sylar use the cold ability at all until the battle 5 years in the future with Peter

Any ideas as to what the Linderman Legislation is?
i would guess an act to outlaw special people
Didn't nathan say they limited them from "breeding"?
good catch!, he definately mentioned this
maybe its the little girl that has the ice/ freezing power that we see sylar with in the future.maybe she got scared and used itwe don't see sylar use the cold ability at all until the battle 5 years in the future with Peter
We haven't seen him use it, but he has it in the present. He's displayed it in the comics and the FBI discussed him freezing people as part of his MO.

FYI, the headline at NBC.com under Novels says:

"Think you've read them all? Maybe, but have you found all the hidden surprises?"

Any ideas?

meeka said:
Challenge Everything said:
The simple solution to all of this is to bring the Hatian is where Sylar is. Bring a gun... bang... Sylar gone.
Not sure the Hatian could stop Sylar from using all his powers. He could fly away.
How?
I do not think that the Hatian renders all powers ineffective.
I thought it was pretty evident that he does. If a claim is made he couldnt "stop" Nathan from flying, well the Hatian was not "using" his power at that time. Like Nathan was not using his power of flight when he was running away from them. And, 5 years from now... when and how does Nathan die?

meeka said:
The simple solution to all of this is to bring the Hatian is where Sylar is. Bring a gun... bang... Sylar gone.
Not sure the Hatian could stop Sylar from using all his powers. He could fly away.
How?
Nathan flew away from HRG and the Hatian, in Vegas, right?
Correct, and Sylar flew away from Parkman when he was chasing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
meeka said:
How?
Do I remember Hiro or someone mentioning last night that they had something to neutralize powers?

meeka said:
How?
I thought it was pretty evident that he does. If a claim is made he couldnt "stop" Nathan from flying, And, 5 years from now... when and how does Nathan die?
I think it's pretty obvious that he has an unfortunate run in with Syler

Last night they did make it sound like the Haitain could cancel all powers. Hiro mentioned it when they were breaking in with Peter and Ando asked why they don't just stop time and walk in.

I think that Nathan was killed in the explosion and Sylar took over his image right there.

Last night they did make it sound like the Haitain could cancel all powers. Hiro mentioned it when they were breaking in with Peter and Ando asked why they don't just stop time and walk in.I think that Nathan was killed in the explosion and Sylar took over his image right there.
Then where would he get his flying power?

what are nathan/peter's mom special powers BTW?
Someone mentioned the prophetic dreams that Peter had.I think that might be :lmao:

Speaking of Nathan....what ever happened to his hottie wife?
Something just occurred to me. You know, if my wife were in a wheel chair and I just met a man that could heal people, she would be on the next plane to see this guy. That thought doesn't seem to cross Nathan's mind....

what are nathan/peter's mom special powers BTW?
Someone mentioned the prophetic dreams that Peter had.I think that might be :lmao:

Speaking of Nathan....what ever happened to his hottie wife?
Something just occurred to me. You know, if my wife were in a wheel chair and I just met a man that could heal people, she would be on the next plane to see this guy. That thought doesn't seem to cross Nathan's mind....
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Wait two weeks

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

Isn't the little girl the one that Parkman found under the stairs in the earlier episode?

Peter can control when to turn on and off all the other powers, maybe he purposely didn't let his scar heal.

I agree that the scar looks like it might be from a sword.

Last night they did make it sound like the Haitain could cancel all powers. Hiro mentioned it when they were breaking in with Peter and Ando asked why they don't just stop time and walk in.I think that Nathan was killed in the explosion and Sylar took over his image right there.
Wait a second...wasn't the Haitian in the room when parkman was interrogating the "nice" Hiro? Parkman was definitely using his mind reading powers...then finding that "nice" Hiro doesn't remember anything from the previous 5 years.Maybe the haitian can direct his powers, more than just being a beacon of somesort.Either way...I don't really care much. This show is just such a fantastic ride.

I've watched all the episodes, but haven't posted here yet, so :rolleyes:

Did we know Parkman's kid was special? HRG is hiding his kid and wife from him in the future, but then he killed HRG. Didn't make sense to me.

Dont know if it was confirmed yet but watching the show again on NBC.com near the end of Part 4 when Parkman turns on HRG... just before they switch over the Claire it sounds like a gunshot goes off. Question is did Parkman kill HRG? HRG sounds like he quietly says "no" but that could be in reference to Parkman finding out where Claire is too.

I've watched all the episodes, but haven't posted here yet, so :rolleyes:Did we know Parkman's kid was special? HRG is hiding his kid and wife from him in the future, but then he killed HRG. Didn't make sense to me.
Parkman's wife has not had the kid yet. He would be ~4 years old give or take.

I've watched all the episodes, but haven't posted here yet, so :rolleyes:Did we know Parkman's kid was special? HRG is hiding his kid and wife from him in the future, but then he killed HRG. Didn't make sense to me.
we have no idea that parkman's kid was special is he hasn't been born yet in the present. he just found out less than a month ago on the heroes timeline that his wife is preggos

Dont know if it was confirmed yet but watching the show again on NBC.com near the end of Part 4 when Parkman turns on HRG... just before they switch over the Claire it sounds like a gunshot goes off. Question is did Parkman kill HRG? HRG sounds like he quietly says "no" but that could be in reference to Parkman finding out where Claire is too.
I took the "no" to mean Parkman probing HRG's mind to find Claire's location. Then he shows up at her diner and takes her to Nathan/Sylar. Didn't see much to question with that scene.

I took the "no" to mean Parkman probing HRG's mind to find Claire's location. Then he shows up at her diner and takes her to Nathan/Sylar. Didn't see much to question with that scene.
What about the "gunshot" sound? HRG = dead, or no?

I think we're meant to believe that Parkman killed HRG. Since it is in the future that they are still trying to change it doesn't matter much, other than to show Parkman for the weak sauce that he is. I thought one of the best things about the episode was how it showed the characters dealing with the adveristy they faced after the explosion. Hiro really stepped up, Peter came around when they needed him, and HRG was fighting the good fight, while Parkman and the Hatian were following Nathan (they thought) down a dark path.

I think we're meant to believe that Parkman killed HRG. Since it is in the future that they are still trying to change it doesn't matter much, other than to show Parkman for the weak sauce that he is. I thought one of the best things about the episode was how it showed the characters dealing with the adveristy they faced after the explosion. Hiro really stepped up, Peter came around when they needed him, and HRG was fighting the good fight, while Parkman and the Hatian were following Peter Nathan (they thought) down a dark path.
Fixed.I'm still not getting the Haitian's switch though. He seemed pretty solid on the "good" side.

I think we're meant to believe that Parkman killed HRG. Since it is in the future that they are still trying to change it doesn't matter much, other than to show Parkman for the weak sauce that he is. I thought one of the best things about the episode was how it showed the characters dealing with the adveristy they faced after the explosion. Hiro really stepped up, Peter came around when they needed him, and HRG was fighting the good fight, while Parkman and the Hatian were following Peter Nathan (they thought) down a dark path.
Fixed.I'm still not getting the Haitian's switch though. He seemed pretty solid on the "good" side.
Thanks for catching that, was thinking one brother and typed the other name. I don't know what to make of the Haitian, and I really wish we knew more about the nature of his powers. He can clearly target specific people and supress their power, but the fact that he didn't know that Nathan was really Sylar suggests that he can't actually detect the powers (assuming he didn't know). Perhaps it's like a dampening field that he can control the general dimensions of? Then how does that explain the memory effect, or are they unrealted abilities?

Thanks for catching that, was thinking one brother and typed the other name. I don't know what to make of the Haitian, and I really wish we knew more about the nature of his powers. He can clearly target specific people and supress their power, but the fact that he didn't know that Nathan was really Sylar suggests that he can't actually detect the powers (assuming he didn't know). Perhaps it's like a dampening field that he can control the general dimensions of? Then how does that explain the memory effect, or are they unrealted abilities?
I've assumed he was just as you said -- a dampening field. Someone that just prevented other powers from being used, but not able to detect the powers before they are used or able to tell what they are.My problem is that he didn't erase Claire's memory after HRG said to. He felt she deserved to know and didn't want to do it to her -- he was good.

What would make him switch from that to a killing machine?

I've assumed he was just as you said -- a dampening field. Someone that just prevented other powers from being used, but not able to detect the powers before they are used or able to tell what they are.My problem is that he didn't erase Claire's memory after HRG said to. He felt she deserved to know and didn't want to do it to her -- he was good.

What would make him switch from that to a killing machine?
Ratings. The shock value is enough....That and that timeline will not likely happen so it's just for the shock of it...

If people are giving Heroes flack about "ripping off" X-men, what if Lost explains their whole show on multiple realities/timelines, as Heroes is clearly using?The Godfather movies didn't have a copyright on the Mafia genre, and no one accusses Goodfellas or Sopranos as being rip-offs. So X-Men might be the first/best of the mutant genre, but it doesn't mean Heroes is "ripping it off."
I wasn't using it as a negative personally. I think it would be very hard to not have echoes of the X-Men in this show. I thought this particular episode reminded me of the best of the X-Men comics. I really liked how dark it was.

There are 4 factions here, so to speak:

1) The Linderman Group: This includes the Hatian, the shapeshifter, Hiro's Dad, Peter's Mom, Nikki, and now Nathan. Parkman is/was in their group in the future episode. HRG left this group after claire was "outed"

2) The Good Guys: Peter, Hiro, Suresh, and Ando.

3) The HRG group: This is HRG, The radioactive caveman, The israeli, and Parkman (in the present)

4) Sylar.

Claire moves along all of these groups. DL/Micah don't belong to any of them, and Nikki may be moving into the Good guys after the abduction of Micah.

The Hatian seems to have directionality to his power, as well as a field of protection.

we have no idea that parkman's kid was special is he hasn't been born yet in the present. he just found out less than a month ago on the heroes timeline that his wife is preggos
HRG wasn't hiding his kid from him. He was hiding his kid from the Government. Special or not, Parkman isn't allowed to breed, and it was implied that bad things might happen to anybody with powers, or their children, as the gene it is regularly passed on from parent to child. HRG was working a Mutant Underground Railroad, giving people ways to fool the genetic tests and new identities to hide with. I assume Parkman's wife and kid are in hiding somewhere. It would be impossible for Parkman to be in contact, because it might blow his cover, so HRG was his only link.

Finally watched it on NBC.com

Looks like I was wrong regarding Sylar's painting. :eatscrow:

And I'm in the camp that Peter's scar is from a kitana blade. :kicksrock:

A rough Heroes timeline...

Future Hiro teleports into subway to Present Peter to save Claire.. Future Hiro returns to future.

Haitian wipes HRG memory, Claire goes into hiding

Present Hiro teleports to future

Timeline I

Sylar kills Candice, and later Nathan. Sylar assumes Nathan's identity.

Peter explodes, regenerates

Nathan (Sylar) wins Presidency, announces there are "special" people, initiates Lindeman Legislation that bags bad guys, tags/neuters good guys

HRG finds Claire, relocates her to Odessa

Hiro is unaware that Peter did in fact save Claire because she's been in hiding. Hiro tries multiple times to prevent explosion but cannot.

Sylar & Peter fight (which sounded like Peter won).

Future Hiro tells Present Hiro to kill Sylar.

Timeline IIHiro returns to present and kills Sylar.

Peter still explodes, regenerates

Real Nathan wins Presidency but doesn't institute Lindeman Legislation

In the end, everything Isaac paints comes true.

Users who are viewing this thread