What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI notes seem to indicate there was no discussion about avoiding FOIA requests,
That's actually not correct.

What the notes say is that discussions between Platte River and the Clinton staff were considered privileged.

Even though (IMO) a claim of civil privilege should have never attached to a criminal investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Clinton thought much about how emails are transferred or stored any more than I think about how the carburetor works when I turn the key (nowadays, push the button) on my car.  
That's actually the accusation, that's the claim or charge against her, ie the mishandling.

If I say I did not send anything classified, it is not perjury because the government later retroactively classified some part of it.  
I'm not sure why this keeps escaping people but when documents are upclassified and the declassification is marked from the date of the event happening, that is the IC or the department saying that the documents were classified at the time This happened scores of times for Hillary.

Should she have separated emails accounts?  Of course, if only to avoid the giant distraction this has become, that she obviously did not anticipate.  But as I recall under Bush 43, quite a number of Executive Branch officials did their business over RNC servers and failed to retain records.  It does not seem that it was such an obvious issue then as it is now, with the benefit of hindsight.
I think a better example is the head of the EPA in the current administration who created a private email address under a fake name.

The fact that politicians and bureaucrats use private email has been well discussed since Day 1. The problem for Hillary is that she avoided the pretense of even acknowledging her basic duty to hand over her own documents. The other problem of course which none of those other people had was the extent of classified communications. And the fact that Hillary had her own private server to do all this. That's a trifecta of distinctions that no one else can match.

Blacks are leaving the Democratic plantation. 

Hillary's speech at Black Baptist Convention:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/09/photos-embarrassing-turnout-hillary-clinton-keynote-speech-baptist-convention/

Such poor turnout they had to close off half the room so it wouldn't look as empty.

Contrast with Trump's bringing down the house visit to Detroit last week, where the church was packed to the doors with black folks sick and tired of their Democratic masters. Reuters was so scared they even cut the feed of Trump being blessed by a black pastor. Can't have the useful idiots who watch CNN and read twitter see that blacks are shifting from Hillary to Trump in droves.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/09/photos-embarrassing-turnout-hillary-clinton-keynote-speech-baptist-convention/

Such poor turnout they had to close off half the room so it wouldn't look as empty.

Contrast with Trump's bringing down the house visit to Detroit last week, where the church was packed to the doors with black folks sick and tired of their Democratic masters. Reuters was so scared they even cut the feed of Trump being blessed by a black pastor. Can't have the useful idiots who watch CNN and read twitter see that blacks are shifting from Hillary to Trump in droves.
Was this compiled by the same people who did that top notch detective work on Washington state primary turnout for you?

"poor turnout" isn't new and is documented quite well....seems to be a pretty consistent theme for her.  This is "water is wet" level information here :mellow:   

NEW YORK -- Walter Mondale drew his biggest crowd of the campaign, estimated at 100,000, in New York City today in a joint appearance with Geraldine Ferraro and he accused President Reagan of making 'false and contemptible charges' against Democrats.

The two Democratic candidates were cheered by thousands at a traditional pre-election lunch-hour rally in New York's Garment District. The streets were closed to traffic and people hung out of windows, dropping confetti and rolling white streamers down from eight stories up.

Mondale predicted he will win the election next Tuesday, despite polls showing him far behind Reagan. 'I need your help,' he told the crowd.

In his campaigning Wednesday, Mondale continued to draw large, enthusiastic crowds.

The reception at Baltimore's waterfront was so rousing it would have suggested he was the front-runner if the polls did not show otherwise.

The crowd of thousands, interrupting singer Steven Stills in the middle of a song, cheered Mondale as he entered the crowd.

When Mondale mentioned pollsters who show him losing to Reagan, there were boos.

Mondale said, 'We can win this,' and the crowd roared in agreement.

-UPI, November 1 1984

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-detroit-african-american-church-227712

"Trump's first visit to a black church was heavily hyped, but did not draw a full crowd. There were rows and rows of empty seats in the back half of the church, even as the Trump campaign did not provide an opportunity for some local reporters to attend."  

See the picture in the article.  

I think a better example is the head of the EPA in the current administration who created a private email address under a fake name.

The fact that politicians and bureaucrats use private email has been well discussed since Day 1. The problem for Hillary is that she avoided the pretense of even acknowledging her basic duty to hand over her own documents. The other problem of course which none of those other people had was the extent of classified communications. And the fact that Hillary had her own private server to do all this. That's a trifecta of distinctions that no one else can match.
Except apparently the entire front office of the Bush administration.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy 

This is a terrible, terrible analogy.  One of the worst I've ever heard.  Not only is your choice of criminal behavior more than a little disturbing (you could have gone with literally any criminal act, and you chose rape), but not one word of it actually resembles what happened with Clinton's emails in any way.  This post is what run of the mill terrible message board analogies aspire to be. Nazi/Hitler analogies around the internet are in awe of the awfulness of this post.
You find the better crime example.  The point is her apology was vague and didn't specify what she did.  She's denied that despite a litany of facts, so her apology is like a humble brag.  "I apologize and take full responsibility --- for having such an enormously important job keeping the free world in order that I didn't have time for trivialities."  Meanwhile the facts showed she plotted, schemed, lied and continues to cover up her motives - and certainly hasn't owned up to what she actually did and how she misled.  

So the "acid test" about whether she's "taken ownership" of something is not her public comments in which she explicitly takes ownership of it. No, it's the notes from an interview during a law enforcement investigation that she had no reason to believe would ever be made public. Sure

Keep on rockin', guys.  You're doing a bang-up job of proving me and the Post right so far.
A true acid test needs to be ouf the Ken Kesey variety.  Hillary and Donald should be required to debate while tripping on orange sunshine.

You care, Mr. Ham cares and the other resident Hillary haters care but most people really don't care about this and at this point they are not paying attention to it any more. You can keep banging your drum and posting your 10 email related articles a day and telling everyone how important this is, but you are just preaching to the choir.
:lmao:  

You've been posting the exact same thing for about a year now.

That said, I do agree with TF that this story has pretty much run its course at this point, unless something new emerges.  The FBI report basically settled things for me.

You care, Mr. Ham cares and the other resident Hillary haters care but most people really don't care about this and at this point they are not paying attention to it any more. You can keep banging your drum and posting your 10 email related articles a day and telling everyone how important this is, but you are just preaching to the choir.
Then why the WaPo editorial? 

It's kind of driving itself though. News is driven by events.

- The revelation by the NYT.

- The UN press conference.

- The server is taken.

- The vendors.

- The document rollout.

- Immunity is granted.

- Hillary & staff are interviewed 

- The Comey presser & testimony.

- Now it's the FBI interview notes & the report.

- In between many of these Hillary has said weird and often untrue things.

- Now we learn there was another witness given immunity.

- Now more documents in the thousands will be rolled out.

The reporters are going to report and the people are going to react.
Is the liberal media ever going to get to Trump University?  Or the Trump Foundation? 

Daywalker said:
Is the liberal media ever going to get to Trump University?  Or the Trump Foundation? 
All this crap about emails still while Trump is getting a free pass over bribing public officials with charity funds and defrauding average Americans trying to get an education.

All this crap about emails still while Trump is getting a free pass over bribing public officials with charity funds and defrauding average Americans trying to get an education.
Why I wish Pence wasn't such a bad 2nd.  Things are going to get sticky for Trump if he wins.

squistion said:
Delusional post right here.  Trump would be getting crushed by any other Dem opponent, but Hillary is struggling to keep a lead.  Her dishonesty is something people care about.  Maybe not you.  And certainly not @timschochet.  But, a substantial number of voters are sick of her bull####, and the email/server stuff is a prime exemplar that substantiates their disgust for her.

It is really great choice we have.  Elect someone who has made a fortune bribing officials or elect someone who has made a fortune being bribed.  

I do. I know that most people really don't care about this non-issue.
Yeah, you people also know your head buried deep in the sand on this one.  To plug your fingers in your ears and close your eyes and believe it's not so doesn't change the fact that she is struggling to beat a psychopath, almost exclusively because she herself is seen as an untrustworthy alternative, with the lying around the email/server issue being at the primary driver.  All the data and polling point to this, but you wouldn't know because you are living in fantasyland.

...as you gently sidestep the effect it has had to date...
The only people it matters to hated her before this, like you, Mr. Ham and Ivan K.  Most everyone else tuned this out ages ago. And keep posting your 10 articles a day with the large font, but don't be surprised when the exit polls come election day find that it was ultimately irrelevant to most voters in making their decision of Hillary over Donald.

The only people it matters to hated her before this, like you, Mr. Ham and Ivan K.  Most everyone else tuned this out ages ago. And keep posting your 10 articles a day with the large font, but don't be surprised when the exit polls come election day find that it was ultimately irrelevant to most voters in making their decision of Hillary over Donald.
Well winning's the only thing, right?

has anybody noticed that as crazy and unfit people say trump is to be president, that hillary is struggling mightily to overcome him.

By "most everyone" you must mean the sycophants that don't question anything she says and hang on her every word as if it's from God himself.  Because normal and logical people - people who care - are concerned.

Hillary is supposed to be running away with this thing, yet she isn't.  Her favoribility rating is like 38%.  That's not a good number no matter how you try to spin it.

Millions will vote for Hillary reluctantly. It will have mattered to them, but we have such little choice.  But most would rather another two candidates.  The fact this is even as race is a clear referendum on Hillary.  She is not trusted and care about it or not, what she did was a terminatable offense and breech of responsibility and public trust.  So most don't feel great about the promotion.  

Wikileaks is releasing 100k pages of documents before the election though -- so we'll see if people are fatigued by her scandals and file it all under "she's careless" and "she's corrupt" or whether it's finally just too much.  

I'm so pissed that people like you put us in a position because you had to have your fanboy monarchy, and Donald ####### Trump may actually be Presidnet as Clinton skeletons fall from the closet.

has anybody noticed that as crazy and unfit people say trump is to be president, that hillary is struggling mightily to overcome him.
She's not.  For Trump to win, he needs to sweep every close state and capture a solid blue state.  The odds of that are basically zero.

I think some people need to say the race is close to justify why they follow the race so closely.  This race is not close.  Hillary is running away with it.  Even if you believe Trump has made large gains in the past couple weeks, he still trails miserably in the solid blue states (one of which he needs to win).

What's going to happen is Trump will have some bad weeks and those solid blue states will go back out to double digit leads for Hillary.

There's no race here.  Hillary has won.

Riversco, are you schizophrenic or just trolling? 

Your interests being apple.com make me think you are schizo but your rivers name and your shopped avatar make me think you are just trolling.

Either way, you deserve more likes. 

ETA: Are you a Wolfpack alum or live in San Diego? I have a lot of good redneck friends that went to NCSU and SD is one of my favorite cities. I've got a bachelor party there next month, any recommendations for strip clubs? (north or south of the border)

Questions for the ardent Hillary guys as I continue to learn about the candidates. 

In your opinions, what do you think countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar want to happen with their millions of dollars in donations to the foundation? What foundation programs do you think they seek to help; the child obesity initiative or the vaccines for kids in Kenya, stuff like that? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread