What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** In-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

Traded: Brady, Cobb, Roddy

Received: Brees, Colston, Miles Austin

Made a desperation move for this year. Brady has been losing every week for me and I got tired of it. I hate to mortgage the future for a shot at the championship, but after 12 years in a league and falling just a little short on luck every year, I am tired of waiting. Just hoping I can move colston and Austin for picks or young players. That may be a daunting task though at the rate they are playing.
Honestly, I don't like it. You're selling low on all 3 players.
Really, everyone involved other than Brees might be a buy-low right now. I'd take the Cobb side still
Very good point. I understand why you would choose Cobb side. I was being a bit short sighted and knew I was letting my years of frustration hurt me in the deal. I guess my mentality shifted to 90% play for this year and 10% keep future in mind. Not a wise way to play it, but I just want my team's name on the trophy and I'll worry about the future when I get there.

I followed this deal up with giving Gio Wayne and Wheaton for T Rich Harvin. Figured that might help me replace Cobb for future while still keeping me competitive this year. Or I just made things worse. Either way, I think ultimately I'm ready to hang up my fantasy cleats soon.

People are adding to Gronk to get Cameron?!
I wouldn't read it that way. He probably views the 2 TE as close to equal.

Bad luck team 4th in scoring, but 1st in points allowed by > 25ppg. He wanted to get what he could out of Mathews and SJax. He is high on Tannehill.

Another interesting trade, first time it's happened in our league, the consensus idea was yes, it's allowable, curious your thoughts as well.

10 team, 1 qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1 flex(any)/idp

Team A trades:

Fred Davis (4 years)

15 Snotes (Our currency for picking up FA and bidding on RFA during offseason, you get 75 each year and it carries over)

Team B trades:

Nothing

Essentially Team B is being paid to take on a big contract for a relatively worthless player at this point. We have 40 man rosters with a cap of 100 years.

Team A then immediately promoted Allen off his Taxi Squad and assigned 8 years. He only had 6 open before the trade (even if he would have cut Davis he still owes him the 4 years til end of season)

Team B is in rough shape, but only had 76 years assigned, so he can handle the cap hit he'll take if he cuts him, or let's him ride til next year to see how/where he ends up.

Thoughts on "selling" bad contracts?

10 team 2QB plus QB heavy scoring...

Team A gives

Foster

Reed

Team B gives

Pryor

2014 1st (probably 7-10)

Team A is rebuilding with bad QBs and Team B is making a run for a championship in the next 2 years.

10 team 2QB plus QB heavy scoring...

Team A gives

Foster

Reed

Team B gives

Pryor

2014 1st (probably 7-10)

Team A is rebuilding with bad QBs and Team B is making a run for a championship in the next 2 years.
Pryor in 2QB is interesting to me. Thinking going into the year was, sell sell sell, because there was likely to be a decent market for him down the stretch and his value was temporary at best. But the result is kind of the opposite. There's little market for him because he's not really outscoring mediocre QB2s (Bradford, Roeth, Smith, Locker all the same +/-), and the Raiders are at least entertaining the notion of continuing to develop him. The 1st is a good pick in a draft that may produce 5 or more 1st round QBs. I think it's a decent return for Foster in a league like this, but Pryor still might be someone you want to flip if you can.

Traded: Brady, Cobb, Roddy

Received: Brees, Colston, Miles Austin

Made a desperation move for this year. Brady has been losing every week for me and I got tired of it. I hate to mortgage the future for a shot at the championship, but after 12 years in a league and falling just a little short on luck every year, I am tired of waiting. Just hoping I can move colston and Austin for picks or young players. That may be a daunting task though at the rate they are playing.
Honestly, I don't like it. You're selling low on all 3 players.
Really, everyone involved other than Brees might be a buy-low right now. I'd take the Cobb side still
Very good point. I understand why you would choose Cobb side. I was being a bit short sighted and knew I was letting my years of frustration hurt me in the deal. I guess my mentality shifted to 90% play for this year and 10% keep future in mind. Not a wise way to play it, but I just want my team's name on the trophy and I'll worry about the future when I get there. I followed this deal up with giving Gio Wayne and Wheaton for T Rich Harvin. Figured that might help me replace Cobb for future while still keeping me competitive this year. Or I just made things worse. Either way, I think ultimately I'm ready to hang up my fantasy cleats soon.
Nothing wrong with playing for this year, but Colston/Austin were the wrong targets. Cobb alone should have got you Brees.

CJ Spiller (2 Year Contract)

Mike Wallace (2 Year Contract)

Coby Fleener (2 Year Contract)

FOR

Justin Blackmon (3 Year Contract)
Greg Jennings (1 Year Contract)

Thoughts? .5PPR.

FOR

Thoughts? .5PPR.
Not a fan, even if Blackmon turns out to be Randy Moss I don't like this deal. I'm not the biggest Spiller fan but there is an expiration date on FJax, and Greg Jennings is worth close to nothing in my opinion.

Another interesting trade, first time it's happened in our league, the consensus idea was yes, it's allowable, curious your thoughts as well.

Team A trades:

Fred Davis (4 years)

15 Snotes (Our currency for picking up FA and bidding on RFA during offseason, you get 75 each year and it carries over)

Team B trades:

Nothing

Essentially Team B is being paid to take on a big contract for a relatively worthless player at this point. We have 40 man rosters with a cap of 100 years.

Team A then immediately promoted Allen off his Taxi Squad and assigned 8 years. He only had 6 open before the trade (even if he would have cut Davis he still owes him the 4 years til end of season)

Team B is in rough shape, but only had 76 years assigned, so he can handle the cap hit he'll take if he cuts him, or let's him ride til next year to see how/where he ends up.

Seems fair and smart

Have a very solid team, got 2 offers and it is very very difficult to decide.

A) Trade 3Yrs of McFadden for 3Yrs of Mathews. Both are Injury prone, McFadden has no competition for carries but Mathews has looked great and seems in good shape.
B) Trade 1Year of McCoy for 3 Years of Ray Rice. Rice is averaging half the points of Shady but the contract lenght will allow me to have Mathews Lamar Miller Forte Sjax and him at a very reasonable price for 3 years. If i do not win the title and lose McCoy for nothing i will regret this forever.

Zealots Field league - PPR

Traded:

Cutler

Blackmon

Garcon

Received:

Brady

Bowe

Julio

My team is bad and I'm playing for the future. I already have Luck at QB so it's not that I'm depending on Brady at my QB1. With Calvin, I like the future for my team at WR.

Good deal or screwed the pooch?

They're in different tiers talent-wise and that's never going to change.
This.

Plus the fact that no WR catching passes from Aaron Rodgers has ever caught even 81 passes. The GB offense isn't funneled through one player the way it would have to be, and Cobb isn't good enough to drag them away from what's been successful for them all along. Not saying Cobb won't ever get over 80 catches -- but I have a hard time seeing him with enough to ascend into the top tier given his relatively low FF points / target.
Again, though... Randall Cobb as a 22-year-old first-year starter produced a VBD total about 60% as good as Demaryius Thomas in a career year. I'm not saying that I'd trade Demaryius for Cobb straight up, but I'd sure as hell trade him for two Randall Cobb's. Start with the fact that Cobb is ALREADY producing 2/3s or more of the VBD (no "dragging them away from what's been successful" necessary), add the fact that Cobb is three years younger and has upside from here (what if Finley leaves? What if Jones leaves? It's not like Green Bay can keep pulling quality receiving options out of their hat. At some point, the magic runs out.)

I'm not arguing that Randall Cobb is as valuable as Demaryius. I'm arguing that Demaryius is not TWICE AS VALUABLE as Randall Cobb. That seems like a pretty big slam dunk to me. I mean, it's not like we're talking about some 3rd-rate receiver. Cobb is a top-10 dynasty WR. Demaryius is a 1st-tier receiver, but Cobb pretty consistently heads up the second tier. His ADP was consistently in the 2nd round this offseason. In the last round of mocks over at DLF, Demaryius was the 5th WR off the board at 14 overall, while Cobb was the 6th WR off the board at 18 overall. Even if you think Demaryius deserves to be higher, and Cobb deserves to be lower... at worst, that's a trade of a 1st rounder in a startup for a pair of early 3rd rounders in a startup. I love me some cornerstone players and all, but give me the two Randall Cobbs.

Team A trades:

Fred Davis (4 years)

Team B trades:

Nothing

Totally fine. In fact, it's a feature, not a bug. If you're going to create a system that burdens teams that manage poorly, you need to create a mechanism for those teams to unburden themselves.

Team A trades:

Fred Davis (4 years)

Team B trades:

Nothing

Seems fair and smart
My thoughts as well.

Traded:

Cutler

Blackmon

Garcon

Received:

Brady

Bowe

Julio

My team is bad and I'm playing for the future. I already have Luck at QB so it's not that I'm depending on Brady at my QB1. With Calvin, I like the future for my team at WR.

The good news is that you got the best player in the deal. The bad news is that I don't think Blackmon is that far behind Julio and you got older at QB and WR (a WR in Bowe who is all but worthless right now).

Regardless of that I'd still make the trade.

FOR

Thoughts? .5PPR.
Not a fan, even if Blackmon turns out to be Randy Moss I don't like this deal. I'm not the biggest Spiller fan but there is an expiration date on FJax, and Greg Jennings is worth close to nothing in my opinion.
I don't play .5 PPR but I expect Blackmon to outscore Spiller over the next two years in PPR. That turns the trade into Wallace/Fleener (2 year deals) for Blackmon (1 year deal). Right on the money IMO if not favoring Blackmon.

16 team IDP League / 6pt TDs / tiered ppr

Peyton Manning

Ryan Broyles

DJ Williams

5th round pick in 2014 rookie draft

for

Alec Ogletree

Michael Floyd

Alex Smith

1st round pick in 2014 rookie draft

Peyton Manning

Ryan Broyles

DJ Williams

for

Alec Ogletree

Michael Floyd

Alex Smith

Gimme Olgetree and the first

Peyton Manning

Ryan Broyles

DJ Williams

for

Alec Ogletree

Michael Floyd

Alex Smith

Defenselive alignment you choose to start weekly negatively impacts the opposing teams offensive score each week, so depth and flexibility is hugeFor example if you start a dime defense that'll take 30% off your opposing quarterback and opposing wide receiver but will pop up running back by 30%

Last edited by a moderator:

Traded:

Cutler

Blackmon

Garcon

Received:

Brady

Bowe

Julio

The good news is that you got the best player in the deal. The bad news is that I don't think Blackmon is that far behind Julio and you got older at QB and WR (a WR in Bowe who is all but worthless right now).

I disagree. Give me the Cutler/Blackmon/Garcon side easy. Cutler is playing at an elite level (far better than Brady this year), Blackmon is arguably just as good as Julio, and Pierre is hands down better than Bowe. I was on the Bowe hype train before the season and it would be a great deal for the Brady side, pre-season but this heavily favors the Cutler side IMO

12 Team PPR Dynasty

Team 1 Received:

2014 1st(projected mid to late)

Kyle Rudolph

Team 2 Received:

Josh Gordon

Quiet year in this league, this is our first big trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team PPR Dynasty

Team 1 Received:

Kyle Rudolph

Team 2 Received:

Josh Gordon

Would love to get Gordon that cheap. I offered Vernon Davis, and a 1st that should be top 6. I was told I would have to add Randle or my other first to get it done.

Traded:

Cutler

Blackmon

Garcon

Received:

Brady

Bowe

Julio

I will take the Blackmon side. It isn't that I don't like Julio. I love Blackmon and think he is just below Julio. By this time next year he could be equal to Julio.

Peyton Manning

Ryan Broyles

DJ Williams

for

Alec Ogletree

Michael Floyd

Alex Smith

Defenselive alignment you choose to start weekly negatively impacts the opposing teams offensive score each week, so depth and flexibility is hugeFor example if you start a dime defense that'll take 30% off your opposing quarterback and opposing wide receiver but will pop up running back by 30%
Good to see you buddy. I really hated giving up Ogletree, but figured I had some depth @ LB & had R. Randle on DTS plus a 2nd 1st round pick. With Vick hurt & Russell up & down so far, I'm hoping Manning is the missing piece.

12 Team PPR.. QRRWWTKF

I gave: Vernon Davis

I received: Tyler Eifert

The guy I gave VD to didn't have a main TE1 for this year, is now 5-0. I'm 1-4, with a ton of bad luck. Have played the toughest schedule thus far. Might shop another piece or two, but got a great core.

Wilson, Bradford, Pryor

DMC, Miller, Bush, Moreno, Joique, Bryce

Julio, Cobb, Harvin, Alshon, Anquan, Mike Williams, Vincent Brown

Gronk, Eifert

I don't have my '14 1st, but do have someone else's that is a lock for top 3.
Won this week against one of the bottom three teams.

Got my first back after this deal:

Gave: Knowshon Moreno, Anquan Boldin, 2014 2nd (2.08-2.12 range)

Received: Zac Stacy, My 2014 1st & 3rd. (1.04-1.06?)

Still have an outside shot at the playoffs with a weaker upcoming schedule, but lots of injuries!

mr roboto said:
deadlyrange0321 said:
12 team PPR, 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLEX

Team A trades:

Josh Gordon

2014 1st

2014 2nd

Team B trades:

Demaryius Thomas
Wow. That's a lot extra on the Gordon side.
As a Demaryius owner, the Gordon owner would have to bring more than that to the table to get me to deal.

12 Team $250 Cap Dynasty, 1/1/2/1 1 flex - IDP 2/1/2 1 flex

Team A received

• RG3 $4
  • H.Nicks $6
  • K.Rudolph $3
  • 2014 1st, 4th & 5th (all likely late)
Team B received

• D.Bryant $7
  • P.Rivers $20
  • L.Miller $2
  • B.Myers $12
  • S.Lee $11

GeeYouknit said:
cstu said:
Spike said:

Traded:

Cutler

Blackmon

Garcon

Received:

Brady

Bowe

Julio

I disagree. Give me the Cutler/Blackmon/Garcon side easy. Cutler is playing at an elite level (far better than Brady this year), Blackmon is arguably just as good as Julio, and Pierre is hands down better than Bowe. I was on the Bowe hype train before the season and it would be a great deal for the Brady side, pre-season but this heavily favors the Cutler side IMO
Blackmon is a great talent, but I think it's very premature to say he's arguably as good as Julio. And even if he is, he's also in stage 3 of the substance abuse program, which means one more misstep and he's earning himself a nice year-long vacation. As a dynasty asset, he's a significant downgrade from Julio. Cutler's elite play has him 10th in PPG among guys with at least 5 starts- his upside just isn't anywhere near Brady, who carried a lot of teams in 2011 and 2012. Garcon to Bowe is a solid downgrade, but not nearly enough to offset the upgrades at the other two spots. Give me Julio/Brady/Bowe.

Nucker101 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty

Team 1 Received:

Kyle Rudolph

Team 2 Received:

Josh Gordon

I'm shocked that's all team 1 was able to get. No way would I sell Gordon for that.

Nucker101 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty

Team 1 Received:

Kyle Rudolph

Team 2 Received:

Josh Gordon

I'm shocked that's all team 1 was able to get. No way would I sell Gordon for that.
Yeah, I agree with you and MSU. I thought the Gordon owner could have gotten more judging from his PPG production this year and the potential for Cleveland to draft a better QB in next year's draft. I guess the risk his owner was a bit afraid of the off-field risk.

GeeYouknit said:
cstu said:
Spike said:

Traded:

Cutler

Blackmon

Garcon

Received:

Brady

Bowe

Julio

Blackmon is a great talent, but I think it's very premature to say he's arguably as good as Julio. And even if he is, he's also in stage 3 of the substance abuse program, which means one more misstep and he's earning himself a nice year-long vacation. As a dynasty asset, he's a significant downgrade from Julio. Cutler's elite play has him 10th in PPG among guys with at least 5 starts- his upside just isn't anywhere near Brady, who carried a lot of teams in 2011 and 2012. Garcon to Bowe is a solid downgrade, but not nearly enough to offset the upgrades at the other two spots. Give me Julio/Brady/Bowe.
Agree with this as well. I'm officially sold on Blackmon, and I love Garcon as well but Julio is one of the top players to own in dynasty and Brady still has a few years left, by the time Brady's done I doubt Cutler will even be close to a top 10 QB. Bowe is a wildcard, I'm not sure how his contract is structured, but if there's a chance that KC might decide to move or cut him because of his lack of production/significance compared to his cap hit/salary then he'd be really intriguing. But KC is having a really successful season so I doubt they would do that and he's probably just happy to be winning games.

Bowe is a wildcard, I'm not sure how his contract is structured, but if there's a chance that KC might decide to move or cut him because of his lack of production/significance compared to his cap hit/salary then he'd be really intriguing. But KC is having a really successful season so I doubt they would do that and he's probably just happy to be winning games.
He'd be $16M in dead money ($12M for signing bonus and $4M for the rest of his guaranteed money). An offseason trade seems more like it although with him being due $9M next year I'm not sure they could get anything. A trade would reduce the dead money from $16M to $12M.

This took place in my league:

Team A sent:
Chris Johnson
Sam Bradford
Roddy White

Team B sent:
Ryan Tannehill
Eddy Lacy
2014 3rd Round Pick (late)
2014 4th Round Pick (early)

12 team PPR (1.5 TE) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 3 flex

Team A 6-0 traded:

2014 1st

Zac Stacy

Team B 2-4 traded:

Shane Vereen

Julio owner, 6-0 and trying to take it down this year.

12 team PPR start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te

Was just offered this:

I send:

Lamar Miller

2014 1st (I have 2, it would be the later of the 2 picks)

I receive:

Wes Welker

I feel like I can work this kid and get a little more out of him, I appreciate any advice from you guys.

My Team:

QB: Ryan/Rivers

WR: Julio/Gordon/VJAX/Streater/Gibson/Kerley/Boykin/J.Hunter

RB: Woodhead/D.Wilson/Lacy/Miller/Stewart

TE: V.Davis/Cameron

His Team:

QB: Romo/Cutler

RB: D.Williams/Sproles/Powell/Ellington/Redman/D.Scott

WR: Calvin/Welker/Wayne/Boldin/Hilton/Hopkins

TE: Gates/Celek

This kid can be stubborn at times. The obvious idea in my mind was to try and move him vernon davis, but he said he is content with Gates.

Julio owner, 6-0 and trying to take it down this year.

12 team PPR start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te

Was just offered this:

I send:

Lamar Miller

2014 1st (I have 2, it would be the later of the 2 picks)

I receive:

Wes Welker
Post this in the AC forum if you want replies.

PPR (1.25 TE)

Foster and Tony Gonzalez

for

1st/2nd/3rd/6th + Mike James

McCoy

for

2 1st / 2nd / 3rd

Romo

for

Geno Smith + 3rd

Users who are viewing this thread