What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Jorge Julio thread (1 Viewer)

this is where I taunt Funkley every time Julio gets an ugly save

Can we get this pinned please?

this is where I taunt Funkley every time Julio gets an ugly saveCan we get this pinned please?
1 run with three hits yesterday. Set to pitch again today to get him some back to back work. Curious to see if he survives it.

Aiiiish

Can't even shut the door on Belliard and Fick. :shock: by Casto and Meathook.

My optimism was a bit premature

I would assume that Julio will have a long leash since they really have no one else to close with any experience.

I would assume that Julio will have a long leash since they really have no one else to close with any experience.
Jorge Julio will never have a long leash the rest of his career.Another outing like this, and Owens, Gregg or Linstrom get their shot.What good does it do to give a long leash to a guy who keeps failing at the job he was acquired to do?

I like Taylor Tankersley to get a few saves when he comes back from the DL. He's certainly got the arm for it. His K/9 has been money while in the minors.

Owens might be the best bet in the short term.

They gave up a pretty good pitcher to get him. I'm not sure he's going to lose the job too quickly. It's one game. Let's see how's he's pitching in 2 weeks.

buccosfan said:
They gave up a pretty good pitcher to get him. I'm not sure he's going to lose the job too quickly. It's one game. Let's see how's he's pitching in 2 weeks.
I tend to agree with this. A good comparison is Armando Benitez, who's been all over the map (literally and figuratively) during his career. Hell, they've followed almost the same path. Julio has shown he can be effective in the role, unfortunately, it's been about 5 years since that's happened. He actually wasn't terrible filling in for Valverde last year, just very inconsistent.I think FLA will give him a couple weeks. Obviously they weren't impressed with what they saw from Owens, Lindstrom, Gregg, et al during ST, or they wouldn't have gone after JJ.As to whether or not he'll be effective, we can hope for an Armando-like recovery at best, I suppose. I wouldn't drop him just yet.

buccosfan said:
I tend to agree with this. A good comparison is Armando Benitez, who's been all over the map (literally and figuratively) during his career. Hell, they've followed almost the same path. Julio has shown he can be effective in the role, unfortunately, it's been about 5 years since that's happened. He actually wasn't terrible filling in for Valverde last year, just very inconsistent.I think FLA will give him a couple weeks. Obviously they weren't impressed with what they saw from Owens, Lindstrom, Gregg, et al during ST, or they wouldn't have gone after JJ.As to whether or not he'll be effective, we can hope for an Armando-like recovery at best, I suppose. I wouldn't drop him just yet.
Julio, Jorge RP FLA - Won at $16

buccosfan said:
juliolvr > hi

buccosfan said:
So I put my money where my mouth is. WHAT'S YOUR POINT?

buccosfan said:
So I put my money where my mouth is. WHAT'S YOUR POINT?
That is my point, just backing you up GB

Henry Owens just entered the game in the top of the 9th against Milwaukee with the Marlins up 5-3. :wall:

However, it was planned that Julio would get the night off. Not a bad first save opp for Owens. It won't be long and he takes over full-time. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
And here comes Jorge Julio to protect a 2-1 lead in the 9th.

Brewers have to be feeling good about their chances here...

Edit to add: a walk to Weeks to leadoff the inning :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread