What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (3 Viewers)

6 am

Dunham & Miller -- 10.4

Mike & Mike -- 5.3

Jagger -- 2.1

7 am

Dunham & Miller -- 11.0

Mike & Mike -- 4.1

Jagger -- 1.4

8 am

Dunham & Miller -- 10.4

Mike & Mike -- 4.0

Jagger -- 2.2

9 am

Dunham & Miller -- 9.2

Colin Cowherd -- 3.8

Scott & Hill -- 3.2

10 am

Norm Hitzges -- 6.8

Colin Cowherd -- 3.4

Scott & Hill -- 2.7

11 am

Norm Hitzges -- 6.7

Michael Irvin -- 3.7

Scott & Hill -- 2.6

Noon

BaD Radio -- 7.2

Michael Irvin -- 3.3

Salisbury & Scruggs -- 2.7

1 pm

BaD Radio -- 7.3

Michael Irvin -- 2.8

2 pm

BaD Radio -- 6.4

Mosley & Estridge -- 2.2

3 pm

Hardline -- 6.0

Galloway & Company -- 2.4

Ben & Skin -- 2.0

4 pm

Hardline -- 8.3

Galloway & Company -- 3.8

Ben & Skin -- 2.2

5 pm

Hardline -- 7.8

Galloway & Company -- 5.5

Ben & Skin -- 1.7

6 pm

Hardline -- 5.1

Dale Hansen -- 3.6

Ben & Skin -- 1.4

6 am

Dunham & Miller -- 10.4

Mike & Mike -- 5.3

Jagger -- 2.1

7 am

Dunham & Miller -- 11.0

Mike & Mike -- 4.1

Jagger -- 1.4

8 am

Dunham & Miller -- 10.4

Mike & Mike -- 4.0

Jagger -- 2.2

9 am

Dunham & Miller -- 9.2

Colin Cowherd -- 3.8

Scott & Hill -- 3.2
Craig, Jub-Jub, and Gordo dominating as they should. They are the best product on the little Ticket right now. I wish they would bump their timeslots back so more people could hear the first 2 hours.

6 am

Dunham & Miller -- 10.4

Mike & Mike -- 5.3

Jagger -- 2.1

7 am

Dunham & Miller -- 11.0

Mike & Mike -- 4.1

Jagger -- 1.4

8 am

Dunham & Miller -- 10.4

Mike & Mike -- 4.0

Jagger -- 2.2

9 am

Dunham & Miller -- 9.2

Colin Cowherd -- 3.8

Scott & Hill -- 3.2
Craig, Jub-Jub, and Gordo dominating as they should. They are the best product on the little Ticket right now. I wish they would bump their timeslots back so more people could hear the first 2 hours.
The first two "hours" are just preview for the 9pm hour minus gordo's involvement with the exception of the 8:40 replay.

Read "Full Disclosure" on the plane this week. Really crappy writing, and for the most part really didn't tell much more than you already know.

Every guy on The Ticket (outside of Norm) barely got into radio or almost quit radio before joining The Ticket, etc, etc. A few interesting moments where Skip Bayless bullied the money guy to get them on the air before the Super Bowl was over. Dug a bit into what it takes to get a station going. When into details about Rocco and Greggo, Chuck and Chris Arnold and where they are now.

Took about 3 hours to read. Would have been better as a multiple issue story in the Observer.

Greggo is sitting in with BDH on 1360AM for the next few days. I have listened to the last segment and it sounds good.

I am interested.

Ben and Skin are out at The Fan.

Has a station with so much foundation (Cowboys and Rangers) failed so quickly? I still like Ben and Skin and hope they land on their feet, maybe 1360AM has a place for them.

Ben and Skin are out at The Fan.Has a station with so much foundation (Cowboys and Rangers) failed so quickly? I still like Ben and Skin and hope they land on their feet, maybe 1360AM has a place for them.
That sucks. I like them quite a bit.
That does suck. Turned it on yesterday and was unhappy to hear Sean Salisbury and some other guy (Bob something?). :yucky:Can't say it was a big surprise after seeing the ratings for Ben and Skin, but I was tuning in to them much more than the Hardline. The Ticket needs to work them into the rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:
B&S just didn't have enough material to fill all that time. Does Salsbury not work for espn anymore? I didn't think they let their guys take outside gigs like that.

B&S just didn't have enough material to fill all that time. Does Salsbury not work for espn anymore? I didn't think they let their guys take outside gigs like that.
ESPN canned him quite a while ago.
wow. Had no idea. I hardly ever turn on espn anymore. That dude was seriously sucking the life out of their nfl coverage. Usually the guys that are doing the most damage get promoted.

Greggo is sitting in with BDH on 1360AM for the next few days. I have listened to the last segment and it sounds good.I am interested.
Looks like there will be more Greggo on with BDH this week, with him possibly going to LV with the crew for UFC100. Could mean absolutely nothing, or something. The callers were all very pro Greggo last week, wishing the guy well, glad to hear him, etc. They talked a bit about him being on ESPN which Greggo called a "career killer" from the start, wrong job, wrong place, wrong time. He talked about working up to being able to work, and that he only had 2 hours in him a day to work right now. This was about as comfortable and as candid as I have heard him in a long, long time.BDH has been very vocal saying that he owes his career to Greggo and Rhyner, so it is good to see him coming to the Hammer's aid, even if this is the last chance for the guy. Can really anything come out of the 1360AM frequency??

Ben and Skin are out at The Fan.Has a station with so much foundation (Cowboys and Rangers) failed so quickly? I still like Ben and Skin and hope they land on their feet, maybe 1360AM has a place for them.
That sucks. I like them quite a bit.
Corby made reference to them being gone yesterday and started a chat of "We want them back." Do B&S tuck tail and head back to weekends on the Ticket?

Greggo is sitting in with BDH on 1360AM for the next few days. I have listened to the last segment and it sounds good.

I am interested.
Looks like there will be more Greggo on with BDH this week, with him possibly going to LV with the crew for UFC100. Could mean absolutely nothing, or something. The callers were all very pro Greggo last week, wishing the guy well, glad to hear him, etc. They talked a bit about him being on ESPN which Greggo called a "career killer" from the start, wrong job, wrong place, wrong time. He talked about working up to being able to work, and that he only had 2 hours in him a day to work right now. This was about as comfortable and as candid as I have heard him in a long, long time.BDH has been very vocal saying that he owes his career to Greggo and Rhyner, so it is good to see him coming to the Hammer's aid, even if this is the last chance for the guy. Can really anything come out of the 1360AM frequency??
Damn right he does. They wanted to kill that show for so long because it was so totally non-sports, but the hardline liked the guy and made sure he stuck around.

I am interested.
Damn right he does. They wanted to kill that show for so long because it was so totally non-sports, but the hardline liked the guy and made sure he stuck around.
Richie Whitt had a dig at the Hardline in his most recent Greggo article.
BREAKING NEWS: Greg Williams, Take III

By Richie Whitt in Radio, TV and that Damned Media

Thursday, Jul. 2 2009 @ 7:00AM

Welcome back.

If you were surprised by Greg Williams' cameo on with Richard Hunter yesterday afternoon, you haven't been paying attention.

The Hammer, sacked by ESPN Radio in May partly because of a couple of wacky nights he blamed on a change in depression medication, will sit in with Big **** the next couple of afternoons 4-6 p.m. - today, Friday, Monday and Tuesday, to be exact - on Rational Radio KMNY 1360 AM's and see where this thing goes.

No defined role, and the gig is somewhere comfortably between a tryout and full-time. It's the Wild ### Circus, so who knows?

"It's the talk radio equivalent of a jam session," Hunter told me last night. "We wanted to do it before he went to ESPN, but he had a contractual conflict."

I know this: Williams should be - and is - thankful to have a friend like Richard Hunter.

First, BDH invited him to be a groomsman in his wedding at this jumpin' joint in Las Vegas. And now - you listening, Ticket boys? - when Williams needs a friend in the business Hunter is doing the opposite of turning his back on an old buddy.

I know, what a concept.

"There are two guys that I owe for my break in radio, and I will always have a place for either one of them to join me on air," says Hunter. "Hammer's one of them, and the other one is his former partner. I owe both those guys big time."

No, I don't think he's referring to RJ Choppy.

I have no idea why RW is so in Hammer's pants these days.
I assume the Hardline didn't like the big article and made it known. Not sure, though.
RW has such a love/hate with The Ticket that I find simply amazing. He is a true radio geek (writes about Russ Martin, Pugs and Kelly, BDH, the Ticket, ratings books, etc) and I am sure deep down wishes he had gotten on the Ticket train way back when it started. I almost wonder if he had a chance to and turned it down or something, or maybe tried out and was turned down. Either way, it makes for amusing writting on his Dallas Observer blog. Every post he has is attacked by both the pro-Ticket and anti-Ticket blowhards.

I cannot believe that Greggo can still get work in this town. He is flippin useless on every show I have heard him on including the final days of my namesake. He needs to go away. I was actually starting to listen to BDH during commercial breaks in the afternoons until I heard BDGreggo. I think I understand why Richard is doing what he is doing but he is so much more talented and listenable without Greggo. He needs to cut that line.

Sad to see B&S go. Kind of like them too. Wasn't a huge fan of “rollin 3 wide†but it didn't kill me. Hope they catch on again somewhere.

Mike and Mike are waaaay too vanilla and play it safe. It is like they want to play to housewives and dipspits. They seem like they ultimately may be looking for long term MNF gig which I pray does not happen as I will have to turn the sound down.

I thought Salisbury was on as recently as 2 or 3 weeks ago. Humph. Bet he wishes he had his NFL show back now. Not much there either.

Irvin is just plain unlistenable. He makes some of the most ridiculous statements and is always trying to twist his own words after the fact. Big Nate is, if possible, even worse. I am not sure how Kiley puts up with it - $$$ makes people do strange things.

Grandpa urine wears me out. Never listens to anyone. Cant stand when he says things like “The T-wolfiesâ€. Blech!

Pound for pound I think the ticket is still the strongest overall team in sports radio in DFW.

1) B&D – best overall entertainment value. Dan shows every day how little he knows about sports. Donovan is just a shtick guy. Sturm saves the show. Great segments and bits.

2) Musers - I like their sports talk and occasional smart discussions. Gordo is a giggle.

3) Norm - I like him because it is straight sports. Reads into things too much sometimes but smart and well thought out.

4) The Hardline - Still a good show but loses its focus in mid summer when the Rangers are on because of Mike. There is little Corby can do to real him in. Personally I think Danny makes the show.

I had no idea 1360AM even existed.

Wish we could get a little Fox Sports Radio back here in DFW. I liked their morning show with Steve Czaban immensely.

Statcruncher said:
It's about time Greggo gets a second third fourth chance.
Greg Williams is an arrogant dude. I can't believe he gets so many chances for radio gigs. He sucks anyway, but his arrogance gets in the way as well.

Statcruncher said:
It's about time Greggo gets a second third fourth chance.
Greg Williams is an arrogant dude. I can't believe he gets so many chances for radio gigs. He sucks anyway, but his arrogance gets in the way as well.
The guy is still a draw, at least in a small AM station kind of way. Love him, hate him or just waiting for the :trainwreck: people are tuning in. BDH made several comments last week that their webcam was getting the most hits ever with Greggo in the studio.

Any chance Sirius picks up the Ticket feed and pushes it nationally?
I would doubt it. I am not sure if The Ticket would work on a national level. There are days when it is ONLY Cowboy talk or Ranger talk or Mavs talk. The country is only ready for so much JJ Barea talk. The guy talk segments can also ve very local in nature, or at the very least very inside joke.

Bogart said:
Txns8 said:
Any chance Sirius picks up the Ticket feed and pushes it nationally?
I would doubt it. I am not sure if The Ticket would work on a national level. There are days when it is ONLY Cowboy talk or Ranger talk or Mavs talk. The country is only ready for so much JJ Barea talk. The guy talk segments can also ve very local in nature, or at the very least very inside joke.
I was thinking maybe the same way Fox Sports offers their local affiliates through the sports package on DirecTV. I have no way to measure demand, but there are lots of displaced locals to all kinds of markets. This could work...

JubJub is no longer VOTS (well VOCS). Jerry is going with someone from The Fan to be the voice at the new stage-um.

JubJub is no longer VOTS (well VOCS). Jerry is going with someone from The Fan to be the voice at the new stage-um.
No surprise there. Jerry couldn't cut ties with the Ticket fast enough. I think he always tolerated them simply because they gained him more exposure as the biggest outlet in town, but was always looking and hoping someone else would overtake the Ticket. Preferably someone who would be a Jerry Jones/Dallas Cowboys lap dog. Speaking of the stadium what's the latest scoop on the ticket sales, are they still sitting on a bunch of unsold tickets? And what does VOTS and VOCS stand for? I knew him as Voice Of The Cowboys but I'm :confused: about those.Edited: Voice Of Texas Stadium or Voice Of Cowboy Stadium - I finally got it.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1852884

I suppose some people have seen this. Greggo looks half-dead. Appears to have switched to meth perhaps.

He had two good weeks with BDH and then has regressed to some combo of drugs/booze again.

It's sad to watch someone waste away like this. It's going to be an accomplishment if he makes it through this year alive at this rate.

Apparently one of the last things he asked the hardline for when he left is if he did die that they didn't do a trifecta for him. Bears watching.

Pretty sad to watch. Skipped to a random part about an hour in and there was a caller who said

"I just wanted to say that Greggo, I think that your girlfriend is a pig, and I'm glad the Ticket is better without you."

Jesus, talk about kicking a guy when he's down..

BDH brings up the recent F22 budget cuts and Greggo interrupts with "And that's another thing, you know the F-18 is an 18 BILLION dollar aircraft! It can hold.. so many... munitions.."

"The F-18 is the most powerful aircraft... the most... extraordinary aircraft... that you... that... that you can have.. You don't need an F-twenty-twhew..."

Holy ####.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1852884

I suppose some people have seen this. Greggo looks half-dead. Appears to have switched to meth perhaps.

He had two good weeks with BDH and then has regressed to some combo of drugs/booze again.

It's sad to watch someone waste away like this. It's going to be an accomplishment if he makes it through this year alive at this rate.

Apparently one of the last things he asked the hardline for when he left is if he did die that they didn't do a trifecta for him. Bears watching.
wow, this is just painful to watch. BDH is a good friend to try to make this work.

I don't like to see anyone spiral down the path of drugs. While I don't care for Greg Williams, I hope he can recover from his drug addictions.

Wow, BDH certainly took the high road with Greggo. I wonder if it's because he's truly a great guy or the fact that the video had thousands of hits while the non drugged Greggo videos had hundreds of hits. Either way, thumbs up to BDH.

Wow, BDH certainly took the high road with Greggo. I wonder if it's because he's truly a great guy or the fact that the video had thousands of hits while the non drugged Greggo videos had hundreds of hits. Either way, thumbs up to BDH.
Hunter seems like a pretty good dude, despite all of his weirdness.
I like Hunter, and I'm sure he is doing what he is doing out of the kindness of his heart. But it is win/win for him. Save Greggo and he is a good guy, Greggo goes "no funeral" on the air, and the site will blow up with all of the hits it has.Side note: I am still extremely interested in both The Richard Hunter Show and 1360AM in general. I am digging the format of the show, geeking out on his use of all things tech (webcam, twitter, extremely updated web site, etc) and BDH is always entertaining to listen to.

I am not looking forward to the daily Jerrah and Wade press beatdown.

Anyone up for a game of Wadeism Bingo this season?? "I'm doing the defense" is the center square.

Hunter seems like a pretty good dude, despite all of his weirdness.
I like Hunter, and I'm sure he is doing what he is doing out of the kindness of his heart. But it is win/win for him. Save Greggo and he is a good guy, Greggo goes "no funeral" on the air, and the site will blow up with all of the hits it has.
Very true.

Users who are viewing this thread