What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

This Maverick situation is beyond anything I would have imagined.
The thing I don't get is how often I hear that, "players want to come to the Mavs to play for an owner like Mark Cuban." I don't recall this happening ever. Not once. When have we been able to get a big name free agent because he wanted to play in Dallas. Maybe I'm missing something.Also, I think one of the worst moves the Mavs ever made was letting Steve Nash go the first time (which I also said at the time so this isn't completely rear view mirror). It was all due to money and the Mavs (Cuban) not wanting to pay Nash. How many titles would they have won with Nash and Dirk in their primes? Terrible move and I'm not sure why Cuban does not get called out for this more often.

These are dark days in the 214...at this point I can't see the Mavs making the playoffs for a while unless a miracle happens in 2013.

The thing I don't get is how often I hear that, "players want to come to the Mavs to play for an owner like Mark Cuban." I don't recall this happening ever. Not once. When have we been able to get a big name free agent because he wanted to play in Dallas. Maybe I'm missing something.Also, I think one of the worst moves the Mavs ever made was letting Steve Nash go the first time (which I also said at the time so this isn't completely rear view mirror). It was all due to money and the Mavs (Cuban) not wanting to pay Nash. How many titles would they have won with Nash and Dirk in their primes? Terrible move and I'm not sure why Cuban does not get called out for this more often.
I remember reading where if the Mavs had kept Nash, they don't draft Devin Harris and instead take Chris Bosh with that pick. A trio of Dirk, Nash and Bosh would have been impressive.I guess we better be happy with the one ring. I feel really bad for Dirk. How is he going to be interested this year at all?

:shrug: Nash is an amazing offensive player but defense wins championships. Nash and Dirk had what, 6 years together without making the finals? Can't fault Cuban too much for being reluctant to hand out a long term expensive deal to an aging PG who hadn't gotten us anywhere.

Dirk has a ring, is a going to be a HOF'er, and his salary is something like 20 million this year. I think he'll be alright.
And don't for get Grubes' race car bed.
Along that line, does he still have Gordo's guitar, or did he give the twisted mess back?
I think for shtick purposes, Gordo never got that guitar back. Knowing Dirk, he replaced it with something much better and much more expensive.

:shrug: Nash is an amazing offensive player but defense wins championships. Nash and Dirk had what, 6 years together without making the finals? Can't fault Cuban too much for being reluctant to hand out a long term expensive deal to an aging PG who hadn't gotten us anywhere.
"6 years together without making the finals" is a bit of a stretch. As is calling Nash "an aging point guard." They were both about to enter the primes of their careers. It was a bad decision.Jason Kidd was an "aging point guard" when they aquired him. Not Nash when they gave up on him. If I recall, Nash only got like $50m over 5 years from Phoenix to move. It wasn't like a max deal or anything.

I looked it up and it sounds like Phoenix gave him 6 years and $63m.

Also, just finished reading through Cuban's take on the deal from his blog and it sounds like Nash's agent and Cuban did not get along very well: Mark Cuban blog

It is an interesting read.

The Mavs other two point guards were Devin Harris and Marquis Daniels at that time. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
"6 years together without making the finals" is a bit of a stretch. As is calling Nash "an aging point guard." They were both about to enter the primes of their careers. It was a bad decision.Jason Kidd was an "aging point guard" when they aquired him. Not Nash when they gave up on him. If I recall, Nash only got like $50m over 5 years from Phoenix to move. It wasn't like a max deal or anything.
PHX gave him a 6 year contract, I think Cuban offered a 4 year contract. Nash was already 30 at that point.It looks a lot worse because Nash went on to put up ridiculous numbers in D'Antoni's system, but to assume we would have won multiple championships had Nash stayed is absurd. In my opinion, anyways. :shrug:

I looked it up and it sounds like Phoenix gave him 6 years and $63m.

Also, just finished reading through Cuban's take on the deal from his blog and it sounds like Nash's agent and Cuban did not get along very well: Mark Cuban blog

It is an interesting read.

The Mavs other two point guards were Devin Harris and Marquis Daniels at that time. :mellow:
Very good read, thanks

I asked in another thread, but will ask here. I need to find a restaurant in the Addison area where my date can wear "a little black dress." We have already eaten at Gloria's and Flying Fish. I know very little about restaurants in the Dallas area and even less about dating here in the aughts.

Yes, I do want to try new restaurants...

I asked in another thread, but will ask here. I need to find a restaurant in the Addison area where my date can wear "a little black dress." We have already eaten at Gloria's and Flying Fish. I know very little about restaurants in the Dallas area and even less about dating here in the aughts.Yes, I do want to try new restaurants...
I really like Kenny's at Belt Line and the Tollway. May be a little pricey for a 3rd date, but it's not crazy expensive.

I asked in another thread, but will ask here. I need to find a restaurant in the Addison area where my date can wear "a little black dress." We have already eaten at Gloria's and Flying Fish. I know very little about restaurants in the Dallas area and even less about dating here in the aughts.Yes, I do want to try new restaurants...
I really like Kenny's at Belt Line and the Tollway. May be a little pricey for a 3rd date, but it's not crazy expensive.
Thanks GB. :thumbup:EDIT: I see they have a Kenny's Italian and Kenny's Woodfire Grill right next to each other. I assume both would be good.

Thanks GB. :thumbup:EDIT: I see they have a Kenny's Italian and Kenny's Woodfire Grill right next to each other. I assume both would be good.
I've only had the Italian place for lunch. Its a little cheaper, good stuff though. It's smaller, right next door to Sherlocks. I've heard they have a really good happy hour.The ribeye with baked potato at Kenny's Grill is your best bet IMO. Getting hungry just thinking about it. :kicksrock:ETA: Will definitely need reservations for a weekend dinner. It's pretty busy.

Are you looking only in the Addison area? There are multiple threads on Dallas nightlife in the past...

Are you looking only in the Addison area? There are multiple threads on Dallas nightlife in the past...
Was looking to stay close to her place. Figure there were plenty of options there before branching out.

Was looking to stay close to her place. Figure there were plenty of options there before branching out.
Define "close". I mean Legacy is 20 minutes north on the tollway and HPUP is 20 minutes south.

Define "close". I mean Legacy is 20 minutes north on the tollway and HPUP is 20 minutes south.
That sounds about right as close.:notaDallasguy,aFortWorthguy:

If she's a spinner then Season's 52 up at Legacy is one option that won't break you. If you want to turn up the $$$ then Mercury (or is it Mercury Grill?) down on walnut is another. Neither of these are much of a drive. If you want to push further a decent place that is not super pricey but nice date night material is kathleen's on Lovers just off the tollway. Service can be super spotty at times. Obviously if you want to go super trendy then Neighborhood Services is going to make a much much better impression and is like an extra 800 yards in the other direction from the tollway. I'm mainly confining the recs to places just off the tollway, these would not necessarily be the choice I would make without that stipulation.

If she's a spinner then Season's 52 up at Legacy is one option that won't break you. If you want to turn up the $$$ then Mercury (or is it Mercury Grill?) down on walnut is another. Neither of these are much of a drive. If you want to push further a decent place that is not super pricey but nice date night material is kathleen's on Lovers just off the tollway. Service can be super spotty at times. Obviously if you want to go super trendy then Neighborhood Services is going to make a much much better impression and is like an extra 800 yards in the other direction from the tollway. I'm mainly confining the recs to places just off the tollway, these would not necessarily be the choice I would make without that stipulation.
Thanks for the recommendations. She is not a spinner, but Christo material either.Although she cancelled on me last Sunday last moment, due to being sick, and did not answer my text checking on her. That fish might have gotten away. Plenty more out there.

In case nobody answered, there is Houston's (highly recommend) and Chamberlain's (Steakhouse or Fish Grill, both great). Kenny's Wood-fired was mentioned and is a very nice joint as well. Also recommend Chaucer's if you dig sushi, and del Frisco's if you want to drop two bennies.

'Urinal Mint said:
'Bogart said:
In case nobody answered, there is Houston's (highly recommend) and Chamberlain's (Steakhouse or Fish Grill, both great). Kenny's Wood-fired was mentioned and is a very nice joint as well. Also recommend Chaucer's if you dig sushi, and del Frisco's if you want to drop two bennies.
:thumbup:

I cant decide if the two weeks with the whole station at Training Camp is the worst two weeks for the station each year, or the best.

Jason Garrett just owned Dale Hansen during the daily press conference. Most awkward moment on the radio today, and that is saying something, considered they have played Norm cussing about 10 times today.

Jason Garrett just owned Dale Hansen during the daily press conference. Most awkward moment on the radio today, and that is saying something, considered they have played Norm cussing about 10 times today.
What happened? I must have just missed it. I caught a few minutes of Garrett-Top blabbering about being too old for Facebook before tuning out.

What happened? I must have just missed it. I caught a few minutes of Garrett-Top blabbering about being too old for Facebook before tuning out.
Garrett was giving the whole media crap because hardly anyone was there and everyone was flat and just sitting there, due to the media party last night and I guess everyone was hung over. Garrett was saying we are only 4 days into this, and Dale tried to correct him like a doosh and say they have been there 5 days. Garrett quickly said "We have had 4 practices Dale. Thanks for actually showing up today." Everyone is laughing and someone said that Dale has missed more Cowboy training camp practices than Garrett has been a part of or something like that. Garrett trying to shake the robot personality and be funny is kind of creepy at best.

Plano/Dallas guys.

Looking for a nice hotel, within budget, for Saturday night. Anyone have opinions on NYLO Plano or Aloft Plano?

Plano/Dallas guys.Looking for a nice hotel, within budget, for Saturday night. Anyone have opinions on NYLO Plano or Aloft Plano?
I haven't stayed there, but NYLO is nice. Good courtyard for drinks.
Thanks. They both look really nice, and different. I have a ton of :pickle: :pickle: planned, so looking for a fun place to do it.
Not wasting much time I see. :thumbup: :thumbup:
My ex is getting married in November. If it was a race, I'm like 3 laps behind. She was getting :pickle: before the divorce was even final.

Plano/Dallas guys.Looking for a nice hotel, within budget, for Saturday night. Anyone have opinions on NYLO Plano or Aloft Plano?
Thanks. They both look really nice, and different. I have a ton of :pickle: :pickle: planned, so looking for a fun place to do it.
My ex is getting married in November. If it was a race, I'm like 3 laps behind. She was getting :pickle: before the divorce was even final.
What a beating. #### you Bogart Ex. :thumbdown:

Wonder how long that lasts. Who the hell marries a single mom on her third go-round before age 40? Talk about red flags.

Wonder how long that lasts. Who the hell marries a single mom on her third go-round before age 40? Talk about red flags.
He is 15 years older than her, no kids ever. Been divorced himself for 6 years. He is looking for an instant family and "trophy wife" before it's too late.

Bob's segments on Cultural Frontrunning within the Community is my favorite thing on Ticket Sport Radio right now.

Where can I listen from the iPhone? They are gone from Tune In radio, and I couldn't see a link from my phone on their site. Any help is appreciated.

Where can I listen from the iPhone? They are gone from Tune In radio, and I couldn't see a link from my phone on their site. Any help is appreciated.
The iheartradio app is the current supported ap.If you don't like iheartradio then you can still use fstream.

The iheartradio app is the current supported ap.If you don't like iheartradio then you can still use fstream.
Saw a tweet that saved me. Best I can tell you cant record on iheart like you can on tunein. :sadbanana:You can enter a custom url into tunein and it worked fine for me this morning..I am recording as usual.http(colon)//4713.live.streamtheworld.com/KTCKam(dot)mp3

Users who are viewing this thread