What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/34883469

Greggo's response to Richie's writings. He doesn't know how he got those tweets either.
I haven't kept up with Greggo since he left the Ticket as he was never my favorite, but that podcast is a shocker. Sad to see him so irrelevant that he's basically in Kige Ramsey mode now. Greggo crying foul and playing the victim makes me lol. And he looks terrible, has his past caught up with him or does he have a medical condition?
He's not far away from OD/Suicide imo just picking up on the Richie stuff. I figured his disappearance for "Tests" was just a ruse for a dope bender. It was just shocking to me they hung on to them for so long. I think they were totally out of options on retreads and had to wait for Ben/Skin no-compete to come off. The timing of that makes too much sense, but Richie didn't really go with that theory. :shrug:

Great open on BAD today.

Traveling this week sucks with all of the little bits thrown out on the station. Tonight will be watching the Greggo podcast and listening to the Unticket.

Never cared for Williams and never will. Every live event I went to when he was at the Ticket he was arrogant. Didn't want to speak to anyone and thought he was better than everyone. I don't want to see anyone fall that far, but his actions have caused him to be this way.

This greggo podcast thing is hard to watch.
:goodposting:

Made it about 20 minutes just listening with it in the background before shutting it off. Annoying advertisements all over the place. Pretty hilarious he thinks this is a sustainable gig.

And :lmao: :lmao: at the Kige Ramsey comparison. If Kige and Greggo teamed up for a podcast I'd tune in for the train wreck alone.

UniAlias said:

Made it about 20 minutes just listening with it in the background before shutting it off. Annoying advertisements all over the place. Pretty hilarious he thinks this is a sustainable gig.

And :lmao: :lmao: at the Kige Ramsey comparison. If Kige and Greggo teamed up for a podcast I'd tune in for the train wreck alone.
I made it 20 minutes too. It astonishes me he was ever a successful radio personality after watching that. Probably goes to show how involved Rhyner was back then.

UniAlias said:

I made it 20 minutes too. It astonishes me he was ever a successful radio personality after watching that. Probably goes to show how involved Rhyner was back then.
Greggo was at his best during baseball season. He knew a ton about baseball, really. The rest of the time he mainly just played a shell of someone that had to have over the top opinions. I think the Chief bit really highlights this. Take out Mike and he was pretty worthless. It took me awhile to agree with this though, and maybe it's revisionist history.

The fact that RAGE actually at one time for a brief moment threatened Galloway is shocking to me. I do think there is a growing No-Ticket contingent out there. Slowly the other two are both gaining audience, but not much share as the entire dfw area is growing. :shrug:

One thing that is growing is the anti-corby contingent. Basically any non OU/TCU fan despises the guy.

Traveling this week sucks with all of the little bits thrown out on the station. Tonight will be watching the Greggo podcast and listening to the Unticket.
I travel occasionally and I :heart: Radio is the way to go. I listen to it all the time whenever I am on the road and it does feel a little bit like home.

I travel occasionally and I :heart: Radio is the way to go. I listen to it all the time whenever I am on the road and it does feel a little bit like home.
Big fan of I Heart Radio. It's what I use in my office. Unfortunately, I'm in an environment this week with nothing but meetings, and I can't listen live. Use to record on the old app, but can't now. So the Unticket helps out.

What happened with Corby? I missed the segment yesterday where I guess they explained why he is gone today.

I found this in my desk drawer yesterday. Not sure how long it has been there, but it was under a floppy disk so that gives you some idea. Weird that he never talks about his playing days on the air.

The Reagor Dykes commercial where the high school graduate's Dad buys her her dream BMW drives me insane.
Yeah, that's awful.

Unrelated: for a guy who goes to a bunch of music festivals every year, Corby knows **** about new music.
He only goes to shows of bands who put albums out 10-15 years ago. I had no idea postal service was still together, I thought their whole bit was that they did their recordings separately and "mailed" them to the studio or something without ever actually seeing eachother. His segment yesterday I thought was good on that show.

The Reagor Dykes commercial where the high school graduate's Dad buys her her dream BMW drives me insane.
Yeah, that's awful.

Unrelated: for a guy who goes to a bunch of music festivals every year, Corby knows **** about new music.
He only goes to shows of bands who put albums out 10-15 years ago. I had no idea postal service was still together, I thought their whole bit was that they did their recordings separately and "mailed" them to the studio or something without ever actually seeing eachother. His segment yesterday I thought was good on that show.
He goes to see Foo Fighter era bands but also goes to several musical festivals a year. Those things are crawling with new bands he rarely notices.

Postal Service is great. I saw them in Houston. The part of that segment that annoyed me was the "the opening band was great... Divine Fits... I think they're from New Orleans." :wall:

You're a music guy in Texas and don't recognize Britt Daniel when you see him performing? :doh:

I liked Paul Varghese on "How Will You Feed" yesterday. Talking about the open mics around town, and how the lack of comedy is the funny part, was dead on.

And to bring it full circle, Paul's ex-girlfriend has hit on Uni before. Good times.

And yeah, Corby makes a few festivals a year, and really doesn't know much about new music. His "breaking" on the air of Gary Clark Jr last year was comedic, and how does he not know about Divine Fits?

Say what you want about Kidd but he had the right mix of bits and edge before Gordo. On 97.1 he played that role well. If he sold out to the frau so be it.

Say what you want about Kidd but he had the right mix of bits and edge before Gordo. On 97.1 he played that role well. If he sold out to the frau so be it.
I agree. Big loss.

I remember him from late nights on the Eagle, my real first taste of music. I thought "Boogie Checks" were the greatest things ever. Haven't listened to him in years, but was always aware of what was going on with his show.

What does that show do now? You can't be "Kidd Kraddick in the Morning" obviously, but you have talent still there, and a huge listening base. Do Kelley and Al and other try and go on without Kidd? Otherwise, where do they end up?

What does that show do now? You can't be "Kidd Kraddick in the Morning" obviously, but you have talent still there, and a huge listening base. Do Kelley and Al and other try and go on without Kidd? Otherwise, where do they end up?
Greggo is looking for work

"Our band is kind of in between names right now. We were Holiday Special, but might be Good Intentions."

"In Between Names" might be the best name of all.

Ticket moving to 103.3FM, kinda, sorta.

Not exactly sure how this is all gonna shake out, but -as I hunched about a month ago - 1310 AM The Ticket this morning indeed began the process of moving to 103.3 FM ESPN.
Couple employees from both stations say they were told in morning meetings, but even they're not sure exactly what the what?
From my July 12 Whitt's End:
The Ticket on 104.1 FM is about to be a thing of the past. Cumulus has sold the frequency, and doubtful the new owners will simply keep 1310 AM's simulcast on its station. So here's my working theory: The Ticket is positioning itself for a move to 103.3 FM. Yep, ESPN. I know for a fact that Clear Channel attempted to buy 103.3 FM earlier this year. If The Ticket hopes to buy it, and thereby move to a stronger, FM signal, it would have to dump its existing FM signal, 104.1. Again, it's only a hunch, but if The Ticket winds up on 103.3 FM and ESPN moves to 1310 AM, you heard it here first.
For the immediate future, lineups will stay the same. But long-term - weeks and months, not days - it's going to mean huge changes for DFW radio listeners. Where will the Mavs and Rangers games be aired? Will ESPN wind up on 1310 AM?
And, most of all, are you ready for 103.3 FM The Ticket?
As I wrote earlier today, The Ticket is eating up its competition. Why not go ahead and take them over, too?

EDIT 1 p.m.: Far as I can tell The Ticket now has "business control" over ESPN Radio. All Ticket shows, etc. could eventually move to 103.3 FM with 1310 AM becoming an ESPN affiliate, with Mike & Mike and Colin Cowherd keeping their existing time slots. As for Fitzsimmons and Durrett, and Galloway and Co., their fate now rests in the hands of the Cumulus/Ticket decision-makers.

I'm all for anything to improve signal strength. It is unlistenable for me about 30-40% of the time in the office and around the metroplex. I actually listen exclusively on 1310 am because for me the 104.1 fm is unusable.

If they do switch frequency, is there any way they can leave the Snake's mic on the old one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Intersting. Now I'll have 2 channels that I can't get on the southside of Clebure after 7:00.

On another note, any idea what has heppened to Greggo? I check his twitter and blog every couple of weeks, and it has not been updated for a 3 weeks now. Hopefully not another :tfp:

The new Sportsday Talk app is :moneybag:

Time to delete iheartradio.
What means this GB?
Search the app store for "Sportsday Talk". Install and enjoy. :thumbup:

Pause, rewind, and fast forward. Plus highlight segments from the past few days, Ranger news/articles/blogs from the Dallas Morning News, etc.

#bigstationannouncement

iheartradio no longer needed. The pause, rewind and fast forward is worth the free price on it's own. Haven't checked out the other features yet.

It's funny that this was the "big station announcement" as opposed to any move talk. I haven't heard anything on air about it, other than when Mike was mentioning that you needed to tune in this morning for a BSA, it mentioned, "It's not about the talk of the day".

As far as the move, if it's only about bandwidth, I'm on board. I can't get 104.1 and have to do 99.5-2 HD or app in the office. At least 103.3 I get better in and around Fort Worth. But I think the bigger move is to remove the dead carcass of ESPN radio, get the best employees they have left and upgrade the overall product at The Ticket. Galloway is on his way out, and that really leaves the cupboard bare at ESPN as far as on-air talent, but I'm sure they have a fair number of producers, engineers, office staff that could be an upgrade.

Meanwhile The FAN has to be circling the drain at this point. Unless they hitch their wagon to being "the anti-Ticket" and being the only alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread