What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Log of ridiculous things President-elect Donald Trump says or does (1 Viewer)

adonis

Footballguy
President-elect, likely soon to be President Trump, has a history of lying and saying and doing things that are ridiculous.  I will try my best to keep the first post updated with ridiculous things he's said or done, just so we don't lose track of these things due to what will surely be overwhelming volume, unless things significantly change (like he ditches his twitter account once he is sworn in).

Some may consider this an exercise in partisanship, but to me, it's holding ourselves accountable to call a liar out for being a liar, and in my lifetime of modern politics, there has never been a person who lied more, and more harmfully, than Donald J. Trump...and he's only just been warming up, I'm sure.

The goal is to have a format for the posts that cites:
<Date/Time>-<Medium>-<What was said/done>  and then add links to any relevant articles discussing it.  We'll see how this goes.  I'm predicting crash and burn, but heck...why not try.  If you want to add, try to follow the same format and I'll copy it to the first post if it meets the criteria of being something ridiculous he has said or done.  It's arbitrary though, so if you don't like this idea, just skip on by - my feelings won't be hurt.

-------------------------------

Dec 9th, 2016 via his transition team press release: Trump dismisses CIA claims that Russia intervened in US presidential election to help him win, and also insults CIA in the process.

Dec 11th, 2016, via interview on Fox News Sunday: "I'm, like, a smart person" so I don't need daily intelligence briefings every day for the next eight years...

Dec 15th, 2016 via his absence: Trump has not held a formal press conference in 141 days.

Nov 30th/Dec 15th 2016: Trump promised a major news conference to occur on Dec 15th to discuss leaving his company.  Never happened, no date set for make-up.  He also makes vague, and almost meaningless promise of, "no new deals" for company during presidency.

• Trump promised to release his tax returns before the election.  He didn't.
  • Trump promised to release evidence to refute the claims of sexual assault women were leveling against him. He never did. (The British man was just ridiculous)
  • In 2011 Trump promised to release his taxes if Obama relaesed his long form birth certificate.  Obama released it, Trump never followed through.
  • In 2011 Trump said he sent investigators to Hawaii and would release the results of their investigation "at a certain point in time".  Never happened.
  • When Melania's work history as an immigrant was questioned, Trump promised a press conference, that as you may have guessed, never happened.  
  • A full medical report has still not been released, just a one page ridiculous document by his personal doctor that read like something Trump wrote himself.
  • He consistently promises to deliver something that will ease criticism now, and fails to follow through. There is no doubt that's what's going to happen with his businesses.
Nov 27th, 2016 via Twitter: Trump lied when he said: "In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally".

• Trump won 56.9% of the electoral votes, which places him at about 45th out of 58 US presidential campaigns in the ranking of winning percentages going all the way back to George Washington's victory in 1789.
  • There is absolutely no evidence of voter fraud on any scale close to having him win the popular vote.
Dec 7, 2016 on twitter: Trump attacked a private citizen when he wrote: "If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana. Spend more time working-less time talking. Reduce dues"

Dec 15, 2016 on twitter: Trump attacked Vanity Fair: "Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers of @VanityFairMagazine. Way down, big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!"

• Trump was likely reacting to a story calling "Trump Grill" possibly "the worst restaurant in America" and then taking a few shots at Trump himself.
  • His hostility to Vanity Fair goes way back apparently, and a personal beef with Gradon Carter has a history.  What a small man carrying petty disputes with him, and using his time as president elect to rehash them via twitter...all the while saying he's too busy for intelligence briefings.
Dec 17th, 2016 on twitter: President-elect trump opines on China seizure of unmanned sub saying "China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters - rips it out of water and takes it to China in unpresidented act."  Typically, president-elects refrain from meddling in things like this until they're president...because we only have 1 president at at ime in this country. But there's nothing typical about trump.

• Trump or someone on his team deleted the original post with the misspelling, but not before others captured it.
  • The tweet, before it was corrected, was also archived by "archive.is"
  • Trump, as president elect, is weighing in on foreign affairs from his twitter account - ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Really enjoyed that similar thread of yours about Obama. 
Yeah, it's a little different.

Obama in 2008 - a couple of politicians accused Obama of "palling around with terrorists" because he had loose ties to a guy who did bad stuff when Obama was 8 years old, and who he never really palled around with regardless.  Republicans pretended to be furious and concerned about these ties...repeating this a lot and making it a big issue.

Trump in 2016 - has a former chief of staff under investigation by the FBI for ties to Russia/Russian money.  Trump also received massive help from Russia via hacking activities specifically undertaken to help him get elected, and which 17 intelligence agencies agree that this is what happened. Trump also directly appealed to Russia to hack into and release 30k emails of Clintons.  Republicans don't seem to care, by and large.

Yeah...there's a bit of a difference in scale between these two presidents.  Obama had his problems, but nothing near the scale we're seeing with Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Really enjoyed that similar thread of yours about Obama. 
Is that always going to be the go to? "Yeah Trump is a liar/ fill in the blank, but so was such and such". Shouldn't Trump be held to a higher standard since American sucks so bad now and he is going to MAGA. Hard to buy into that when no one believes most of what he says. Be the leader American needs then Donald not just another in the same  long line you promised to end.

INTERNET HERO: the bad man will not get away with this. I will start a thread on the internet football forum!

HOT BABE: *drooling*

INTERNET HERO: democracy is at stake!

HOT BABE: take me, stud!

Users who are viewing this thread