What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL MNF THREAD *** (1 Viewer)

Seriously.. are they even running TE sets? It's like they don't even need a 6th blocker/additional receiver.LJ Smith where are you? :tinfoilhat:

Did I just see these Philadelphia ######## in a 4-wide set on 1st down?
Were you complaining this much during the Indy game yesterday? The Colts never let up at all.
I wasn't up by 75 points over a chump with NOTHING but Terrell ###### Owens yesterday during the Colts game.

Did I just see these Philadelphia ######## in a 4-wide set on 1st down?
Were you complaining this much during the Indy game yesterday? The Colts never let up at all.
I wasn't up by 75 points over a chump with NOTHING but Terrell ###### Owens yesterday during the Colts game.
They are by 14 points. Indy was up by 35-0 and still throwing the ball. Same reason the Eagles are still throwing right now. Dallas can't stop them just like Houston could not stop Manning.Edit: Opps 21 points now.

Last edited by a moderator:
As hard as it is for me to ask. I would actually like it if Philly would start getting Akers some FG's. TO has won it for me in one league, but I am down 9 points in another league where Akers is all I got left.

As hard as it is for me to ask. I would actually like it if Philly would start getting Akers some FG's. TO has won it for me in one league, but I am down 9 points in another league where Akers is all I got left.
Maybe 9 more TD's? ;)

i have completely scared my wife. my cats are nowhere to be seen either. Does Dallas even have a defense? Starting tonight....TO, Donovan, & Witten. :pickle: :stillers:

Sorry gents, smashed my mouse and had to fetch another.You win that ####### game, yet BigJohn?

i have completely scared my wife. my cats are nowhere to be seen either. Does Dallas even have a defense? Starting tonight....TO, Donovan, & Witten. :pickle: :stillers:
Looks like your avtar is pretty excited too. All she needs is an eagles jersey on.....

Sorry gents, smashed my mouse and had to fetch another.You win that ####### game, yet BigJohn?
QUOTE (BigJohn @ Nov 15 2004, 11:16 PM) As hard as it is for me to ask. I would actually like it if Philly would start getting Akers some FG's. TO has won it for me in one league, but I am down 9 points in another league where Akers is all I got left.

Look at this guy's scoring in our league, he just broke the one game scoring record.

D. McNabb QB PHI 324 PaYd, 4 PaTD (59,27,59,16), 12 RuYd 26 points

E. Smith RB ARI 17 v NYG 14 (F) 67 RuYd, 2 RuTD (2,3) 18 points

D. Blaylock RB KC 20 @ NO 27 (F) 38 ReYd, 186 RuYd, RuTD (3) 27points

A. Toomer WR NYG 14 @ ARI 17 (F) 100 ReYd 10 points

T. Owens WR 127 ReYd, 6 RuYd, 3 ReTD (59,27,16) 30 points

M. Muhammad WR CAR 37 @ SF 27 123 ReYd, 3 ReTD (40,4,26) 30 points

C. Baker TE NYJ 17 v BAL 20 (F) 19 ReYd 1 points

D. Akers K PHI 42 @ DAL 21 05:54 3Q 2nd and 12 at PHI 36 6 XP 6 points

D. Steelers DST PIT 24 @ CLE 10 (F) 2 Int, 228 YDS, 10 PA, DTD (24) 21 points

Total 169 points

And as you can tell, he's still got alot of minutes left with a few players. Just amazing.

Look at this guy's scoring in our league, he just broke the one game scoring record.

Total 169 points

And as you can tell, he's still got alot of minutes left with a few players. Just amazing.
The crazy thing is, he did it with THAT lineup!

QUOTE (BigJohn @ Nov 15 2004, 11:16 PM) As hard as it is for me to ask. I would actually like it if Philly would start getting Akers some FG's. TO has won it for me in one league, but I am down 9 points in another league where Akers is all I got left.
I wish you several very long FGs from Akers. Very long.

Seriously

Is Jerry Rice's record of 22 TDs in jeopardy this season?

TO has 12 in less than 9 games. 1.33 per game

Projected to 16 = 21.33
Unfortunately, it appears so. Unless McNabb turns back into a pumpkin.

Seriously

Is Jerry Rice's record of 22 TDs in jeopardy this season?

TO has 12 in less than 9 games. 1.33 per game

Projected to 16 = 21.33
I doubt it. If he is close and the Eagles have the NFC wrapped up, I bet Reid sits the main starters the last game. He has done it before.

TO is just completely unstoppable and the Eagles offense moves the ball up and down the field this year (last week's game withstanding)22 TD's is a whole lot and i'd be afraid to have to face the guy in my league who has TO in the playoffs because he is the most dominant player in the league right now

That is such #########Edit: and they were trying it again, the ####### ########

Last edited:
There's a guy in one of my leagues who was leading by 70 pts going into tonights game, and his opponent has Owens and Witten. Looks like he's about to lose. I feel for the guy cuz I beat him by 0.4 points earlier this season -- I also work with him, and I'm gonna do my best to keep my distance from him tomorrow in the office (in the morning, at least).Plus, my Cowboys just SUCK!

:rotflmao: @ giving that end around to Keyshawn, he's no Hines Ward.
The great thing is seeing Keyshawn watching T.O. get all the attention, the yards, the TD catches - all things he thinks he SHOULD be good enough to get, but has never proven he can.

Total 169 points

This guy in my big $$ league has that beat:D Culpepper, QB MIN at GBP 36.05 11/14 4:15 PM

J Bettis, RB PIT at CLE 24.00 11/14 1:00 PM

T Barber, RB NYG at ARI 27.00 11/14 4:15 PM

M Muhammad, WR CAR at SFO 36.30 11/14 4:15 PM

B Stokley, WR IND vs HOU 30.20 11/14 1:00 PM

J Witten, TE DAL vs PHI 31.00 11/15 9:00 PM

A Vinatieri, PK NEP vs BUF 19.20 11/14 8:30 PM

N Giants, DT NYG at ARI 4.00 11/14 4:15 PM

=====================================

207.75 at this point with a few more minutes left in tonight's game. :eek:

Felt bad for his opponent, who might end up with the second most points this week.

The great thing is seeing Keyshawn watching T.O. get all the attention, the yards, the TD catches - all things he thinks he SHOULD be good enough to get, but has never proven he can.
To be fair, he had his moments early in his career, but he could never lay claim to that elite level of WR.

To be fair, he had his moments early in his career, but he could never lay claim to that elite level of WR.
Maybe so, but Keyshawn still has something that TO doesn't: that shiny Super Bowl ring!Maybe Keyshawn can let TO hold it after the Eagles lose the NFC Championship again this season...

Last I checked, Keyshawn is wearing a Super Bowl ring and TO was last seen alligator-arming passes in the playoffs.Now please don't ever make me defend that piece of #### again.

:rotflmao:  @ giving that end around to Keyshawn, he's no Hines Ward.
Maybe so, but Keyshawn still has something that TO doesn't: that shiny Super Bowl ring!Maybe Keyshawn can let TO hold it after the Eagles lose the NFC Championship again this season...
:rotflmao:

Last I checked, Keyshawn is wearing a Super Bowl ring and TO was last seen alligator-arming passes in the playoffs.Now please don't ever make me defend that piece of #### again.
Plenty of chumps have rings - what matters most to Keyshawn is the personal adulation.

Yeah, I hope Peyton and Donovan are calling and watching film on Rob Johnson. He's got a Super Bowl ring!

:rotflmao:
Keyshawn sure looked like a SB caliber player with his "lookout" block on that little hitch-screen. And on the 100+ yard INT return I swear I saw the Cowboy jersey number in the teens lumbering after the runner and thought it was Testaverde. Turned out to be Keyshawn.
Vinny woulda caught him. Vinny runs a flat 5.0. Keyshawn's somewhere 'round 5.3

Plenty of chumps have rings - what matters most to Keyshawn is the personal adulation.
Can't argue that, but Keyshawn was no small performer on that team.Until TO does something in the playoffs, he's just another obnoxious clown.

Parcells honestly looked like he was about to go into cardiac arrest when the Eagles scored that last touchdown before the half...Nice to see the boys put a dominating win together off that Pittsburgh debacle, righted the ship as I expected them to.Incidentally, on ESPN.com, care to guess who Merrill Hoge picked to win the game? :rotflmao: He was the only commentator to pick the Cowboys, that's the eighth time in nine games he's picked the Eagles opponent :wall:Random thoughts on the game:1) Kearse was fine, thank goodness2) Trotter made a huge difference manning the middle, of course, this was the Cowboys running back corps we're talking about so I'm anxious to see him against a tougher running back(s)3) Mark Simmy was HORRENDOUS on the weakside, he absolutely could not cover out of the flat; that flukey Eddie George fumble recovery notwithstanding4) Corey Simon won't be an Eagle next year barring a major turnaround, he's been a liability this year, made almost no plays and is actually being outplayed by Sam Rayburn, a run-of-the-mill grinder. Simon's long standing injury issues appear to be catching up with him (back, groin) and some other team is likely to throw obscene money his way next year (probably the Eagles :rotflmao: )5) G Artis Hicks played unbelievably well yesterday, don't be surprised to see Runyan sent packing (did you see the way he let Ellis get through him with one swim move!?!?) with Shawn Andrews moving to right tackle6) Todd Pinkston's jump ball and then score was the first time I can consciously remember him making a big play in over a year; is there a play I may have forgotten?7) L.J. Smith isn't as good as hyped, he's athletic, but runs sloppy routes and is too quick to let a bad throw or missed catch get to him8) Jason Witten is much more fluid in his routes than I would've expected9) I actually felt bad for that rookie CB who muffed the two punts and hurt himself twice, he was (IIRC) the Cowboys 6th corner and probably shouldn't have been on an NFL roster much less covering the Eagles passing attack10) Reshard Lee might not be a prototypical returnman, but he looked very good against a traditionally solid Eagles coverage unitE-A-G-L-E-S-Eagles!

SF-GB playoff game TO caught a TD while being crushed by two defenders in the endzone. They only every year during the playoffs as one of the greatest playoff TDs so I can see why you forgot about it.

SF-GB playoff game TO caught a TD while being crushed by two defenders in the endzone. They only every year during the playoffs as one of the greatest playoff TDs so I can see why you forgot about it.
Yes, great catch. If you watched the Bucs-Niners playoff game in '02, you would know what I'm talking about. TO short-armed just about every throw in his direction that day, then went off on one of his childish rants after the game directed towards Mooch. :rolleyes:Not the first time he's been known to alligator-arm. If teams get physical with him, he's not the same player.

Users who are viewing this thread