What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official National Signing Day thread*** (2 Viewers)

This is about the time I look at recruiting. I know we have the #1 and #3 guys committed. I also know the main guy people are stressing over is an OL from Tennessee who probably ends up at UGA. 

10 years ago I was watching press conferences for guys like C.J. Spiller. I know it’s the lifeblood of a program, but I always felt a little scummy when I followed it closely. 
I don't know if it's scummy but it is kind of stupid to get hung up on certain guys considering how many flame out or don't even qualify.  

But you need a top-10 class with a lot of blue chips to be playing for a title. 

I don't know if it's scummy but it is kind of stupid to get hung up on certain guys considering how many flame out or don't even qualify.  

But you need a top-10 class with a lot of blue chips to be playing for a title. 
Something just doesn’t sit right with 40/50 year olds following the twitters of 17 year olds trying to determine where they’ll go to college. I’m not saying anyone here is doing that, but I checked in on Tigernet ( :yucky: ) and it’s post after post of “player X just put a winking smilie, what does that mean!?!?”  

It's creepy for the old men to follow the kids.

Now add on a level of creepiness for the old men who tweet at these kids begging them to pick their school.

Then look for the grown men who wish bad luck, injury, hell even death on the kids who don't pick their school. 

Georgia killing it today - Four 5-star players signed thus far with at least two more 5-stars trending to sign. 

Unbelievable year overall for UGA. One for the ages in fact. Sure do hope we can finish strong on the field (which is where the team has faltered in the past).  :unsure:

Rough day for LSU so far.  Looks like Surtain to Bama, Goodrich to Clemson.  The one thing we do better than everyone else is DBs, and we can't land one in this class.  

Also, the early signing period sucks.  

Ohio State might have just locked up the #1 class by signing #1 OT and #7 overall prospect Nicholas Petit-Frere.  Kid looks amazing and seems to be just an outstanding person.

Ohio State might have just locked up the #1 class by signing #1 OT and #7 overall prospect Nicholas Petit-Frere.  Kid looks amazing and seems to be just an outstanding person.
They aren't overtaking Georgia. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Harbaugh better step up his game for next year. The the Bloom is off the rose. Losing Reese after the kid was committed for the past two years and seeing Petit-Frere go to Ohio makes for a really bad day. 

They desperately need Patterson to be eligible for the coming season. 

Harbaugh better step up his game for next year. The the Bloom is off the rose. Losing Reese after the kid was committed for the past two years and seeing Petit-Frere go to Ohio makes for a really bad day. 

They desperately need Patterson to be eligible for the coming season. 
I know Reese was "committed", but it always seemed to me that it was really  Georgia's decision on if they had enough room to take him.  Georgia is signing an amazing class.

Taggart is killing it. Up to 10 from 65 when he got hired. 2019 class should be insane. 

Mad Cow said:
@TBTimes_Bulls: .@NicholasPetit to "the University of Ohio State." His exact words.

Clemson finished at 5 with only 17 commits. 2019 should be the first time in a few years we can look to take a full 25 so that should be fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread