What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** Once Upon A Time Thread (1 Viewer)

iamsmilin

I want one, but I'm not creative
There isn't an official thread on this show yet, so here it is.

ABC Page

IMDB

I'm loving the show. The production value is great. I love watching the costumes in Fairytale Land. The storyline is pretty good and I think the show can last awhile since the writers have so many characters and story lines to work with.

Ginnifer Goodwin does a wonderful job as Snow.

Characters - Story book alter egos:

Mary Margaret – Snow White

Regina Mills – Evil Queen

Mr. Gold – Rumpelstiltskin

Archie Hopper – Jiminy Cricket

John Doe – Prince Charming

Ruby – Red Riding Hood

Granny – Granny

Marco – Geppetto

Last edited by a moderator:
So far im really liking it. Question: do we know who the sheriff is in fairy tale land?
It has not been revealed but I think he is the Huntsman.
Enjoying this so far. Haven't watched Sunday's episode yet, though.
It was good. I like the intertwining of the fairy tales. The girl playing Cinderella was really distracting because she looks a lot like Brittany Snow.

:blackdot:

Watched the first 2 episodes with the wifey and I liked them. I was a huge Lost fan and can see some of the writing aspect the creators have brought to it.

So far im really liking it.

Question: do we know who the sheriff is in fairy tale land?
It has not been revealed but I think he is the Huntsman.
Enjoying this so far. Haven't watched Sunday's episode yet, though.
It was good. I like the intertwining of the fairy tales. The girl playing Cinderella was really distracting because she looks a lot like Brittany Snow.I like the show too. But not sure I dig the bolded.I get confused easily.

Did anyone one else notice the horrible acting by Emma when she was kneeling down listening to Henry at the hospital?

A few 101 Dalmatian references in the last episode. Cruella de Ville.

Is the Jiminy Cricket fairy tale accurate with the poison and effects?

'Mario Kart said:
A few 101 Dalmatian references in the last episode. Cruella de Ville.Is the Jiminy Cricket fairy tale accurate with the poison and effects?
I missed the Cruella reference.Color me disappointed in this episode. Something needs to start happening soon as I am losing interest in the cheesy smalltown stuff.

'Mario Kart said:
A few 101 Dalmatian references in the last episode. Cruella de Ville.Is the Jiminy Cricket fairy tale accurate with the poison and effects?
I missed the Cruella reference.Color me disappointed in this episode. Something needs to start happening soon as I am losing interest in the cheesy smalltown stuff.
I also missed the reference. I'm liking the background stuff on all the characters. It's nice to see how everyone interacts and their storybook lives.

'Mario Kart said:
I also missed the reference. I'm liking the background stuff on all the characters. It's nice to see how everyone interacts and their storybook lives.
Missed the references as well, but it was a down episode also wanted to slap the kid a few times.... will keep watching though

'Mario Kart said:
Missed the references as well, but it was a down episode also wanted to slap the kid a few times.... will keep watching though
Yea, I just felt the episode wasn't very good or compelling for the Jimminy Cricket character or overall storyline. And the kid was getting annoying. The interaction of the mayor and town is starting to seem a bit forced/cheesy. I will keep watching, but I'm worried.

The show has been dragging the last few episodes. Hoping it picks back up. Such a shame after the first few were so fantastic. Why would the queen pick a huntsman to kill someone when he talked so much of honor? There's plenty to be said about the queen but she doesn't seem stupid. So why that gaffe? Seems like sloppy writing. And why would he go to Henry so quickly? It seemed forced for him to take that step so suddenly.

But the queen is insanely hot. She's absolutely gorgeous.

The show has been dragging the last few episodes. Hoping it picks back up. Such a shame after the first few were so fantastic. Why would the queen pick a huntsman to kill someone when he talked so much of honor? There's plenty to be said about the queen but she doesn't seem stupid. So why that gaffe? Seems like sloppy writing. And why would he go to Henry so quickly? It seemed forced for him to take that step so suddenly. But the queen is insanely hot. She's absolutely gorgeous.
You do know that storyline is based on a fairy tale from many many years ago, right?HTH

The show has been dragging the last few episodes. Hoping it picks back up. Such a shame after the first few were so fantastic. Why would the queen pick a huntsman to kill someone when he talked so much of honor? There's plenty to be said about the queen but she doesn't seem stupid. So why that gaffe? Seems like sloppy writing. And why would he go to Henry so quickly? It seemed forced for him to take that step so suddenly. But the queen is insanely hot. She's absolutely gorgeous.
You do know that storyline is based on a fairy tale from many many years ago, right?HTH
Quite aware. I read a great deal as a child and devoured every significant fairy tale along with other works. Can you find the story where Rumpelstiltskin killed Cinderella's fairy Godmother? Nor does the queen pick up on the Huntsman's ruse initially. She falls for his stunt and iirc eats the heart thinking it's Snow White's. And there are several other minor mistakes. But let's ignore your incredibly ignorant and flat out stupid comment and point out the fact it's a tv show. They are going to take some liberties. I have no problem with them following a very general guidline. I have no issue with that. It's the execution of things I didn't care for. It felt lazy and forced.

Quite aware. I read a great deal as a child and devoured every significant fairy tale along with other works. Can you find the story where Rumpelstiltskin killed Cinderella's fairy Godmother? Nor does the queen pick up on the Huntsman's ruse initially. She falls for his stunt and iirc eats the heart thinking it's Snow White's. And there are several other minor mistakes. But let's ignore your incredibly ignorant and flat out stupid comment and point out the fact it's a tv show. They are going to take some liberties. I have no problem with them following a very general guidline. I have no issue with that. It's the execution of things I didn't care for. It felt lazy and forced.
Yeah, I'M the one who's making incredibly ignorant and flat out stupid comments. IIRC, you were the one who so eloquently pontificated that a TV show based on a hundreds year old fairy tale had "sloppy writing" because the Queen did the exact same thing as in the hundreds year old story it is based on. Good call, Sherlock. Can't wait to read your next academic endeavor.PS - Pretty sure wherever you got that Doctoral degree wasn't regionally accredited.

Yeah, I'M the one who's making incredibly ignorant and flat out stupid comments. IIRC, you were the one who so eloquently pontificated that a TV show based on a hundreds year old fairy tale had "sloppy writing" because the Queen did the exact same thing as in the hundreds year old story it is based on. Good call, Sherlock. Can't wait to read your next academic endeavor.PS - Pretty sure wherever you got that Doctoral degree wasn't regionally accredited.
The queen took the heart of the hunter in the hundreds year old story? No, she did not. There are lots of things that have deviated from the story. In the original story he's just a hunter. Not some honorable animal rights activist. Nor did they need to make a point of him being some tormented soul fighting to overcome his childhood abandonment issues. They went out of their way to show him in a different light than he's delivered in the original story. The queen watched him kill some guy at the bar over some odd moral compass. If they're going to go out of their way to show us something different they should at least make it seem reasonable. Why wouldn't she pick someone who was clearly lacking any morals? I don't care if it's not an exact copy of the original story. You're the moron who tried arguing that angle and when you got caught you retreated to insults. And the hunter running to the mayor's kid because he's buying into a fairy tale within a span of a few minutes seemed like a massive leap of faith.I get your shtick. Looking forward to your next round of insults.

The queen took the heart of the hunter in the hundreds year old story? No, she did not. There are lots of things that have deviated from the story. In the original story he's just a hunter. Not some honorable animal rights activist. Nor did they need to make a point of him being some tormented soul fighting to overcome his childhood abandonment issues. They went out of their way to show him in a different light than he's delivered in the original story. The queen watched him kill some guy at the bar over some odd moral compass. If they're going to go out of their way to show us something different they should at least make it seem reasonable. Why wouldn't she pick someone who was clearly lacking any morals? I don't care if it's not an exact copy of the original story. You're the moron who tried arguing that angle and when you got caught you retreated to insults. And the hunter running to the mayor's kid because he's buying into a fairy tale within a span of a few minutes seemed like a massive leap of faith.I get your shtick. Looking forward to your next round of insults.
Even though I know better:1) If you read back through our little conversation, the insults started when YOU said
"let's ignore your incredibly ignorant and flat out stupid comment"
.2) YOUR initial point was that
"Why would the queen pick a huntsman to kill someone when he talked so much of honor?"
to which I replied
"You do know that storyline is based on a fairy tale from many many years ago, right?"
. So, let me try to dumb that down for you. I was saying that she picked the Huntsman on the show because that's who she picked in the original story. Nowhere did I say
"Rumpelstiltskin killed Cinderella's fairy Godmother?"
or
"The queen took the heart of the hunter in the hundreds year old story?"
or any of the other leaps you are making in the imaginary conversation you're having in your head. Maybe in your mind, the writing wouldn't be so lazy and forced if she hired the A-Team, or Dolph Lundgren from Predator, or maybe even Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas, but my point was, she hired the Huntsman in the original story, so now hundreds of years later you want to nitpick that she did the same thing in this TV show based on it, just because you don't like the fact that they made him into a guy concerned with honor? Get over yourself. Your opinions aren't that interesting.

Just so I understand, you want to chalk some parts up as it simply needing following the hundreds of year old story but ignore the many other parts that don't come anywhere near following the original story?

Well...okay then. Best of luck with that.

Just so I understand, you want to chalk some parts up as it simply needing following the hundreds of year old story but ignore the many other parts that don't come anywhere near following the original story?Well...okay then. Best of luck with that.
:wall:

If you truly meant the HTH with no malice then I do apologize. I've seen many of your posts of the years to understand that's a common tactic by you. If this was a rare occurrence of you not being a dismissive jerkoff then I clearly overreacted. As far as playing the

Get over yourself. Your opinions aren't that interesting.
card, :lol: . It's an internet message board. That comment applies to every single one of us in the ffa. Including you.

If you truly meant the HTH with no malice then I do apologize. I've seen many of your posts of the years to understand that's a common tactic by you. If this was a rare occurrence of you not being a dismissive jerkoff then I clearly overreacted. As far as playing the

Get over yourself. Your opinions aren't that interesting.
card, :lol: . It's an internet message board. That comment applies to every single one of us in the ffa. Including you.
I'm flattered that you have kept a notebook about my posts. :wub:And touche, on your latter point.

I'm still in. Always respect a show willing to kill off a major character, especially one that seemed to be one of the good guys. And when they have Lana Parrilla dressed up as the queen with the long hair and the tight outfit, I find myself paying extra attention.

Smoov beat Dr. Awesome like a rented mule in this thread.

"Ummmmm, actually I read a lot of these stories as a child, so I am expert." coupled with "I'm going to insult you, and then make counterpoints on points you didn't even try to make" = :rolleyes:

Smoov beat Dr. Awesome like a rented mule in this thread."Ummmmm, actually I read a lot of these stories as a child, so I am expert." coupled with "I'm going to insult you, and then make counterpoints on points you didn't even try to make" = :rolleyes:
:lmao:I'm not sure who Fightin' Donkey is but I know Grackle Squad is a smoo alias.ETA - big fan of this shtick. :thumbup:

Smoov beat Dr. Awesome like a rented mule in this thread."Ummmmm, actually I read a lot of these stories as a child, so I am expert." coupled with "I'm going to insult you, and then make counterpoints on points you didn't even try to make" = :rolleyes:
:lmao:I'm not sure who Fightin' Donkey is but I know Grackle Squad is a smoo alias.ETA - big fan of this shtick. :thumbup:
And iSnitch = Knobs = Anonymous Bob = Dr. Awesome = Fightin' Donkey:ihasnotebooktoo:

Ok, getting back to the thread...

I like the episode. I completely forgot how the Lost directors like to F with the audience by giving them someone to care about and killing them. That being said, he was a bad sheriff. When he ran into Mr. Gold in the forest and found nothing suspicious? Hello, the man has latex gloves, a spade and a butchers apron on. Looks like he's burying a dead body to me!

Ok, getting back to the thread...I like the episode. I completely forgot how the Lost directors like to F with the audience by giving them someone to care about and killing them. That being said, he was a bad sheriff. When he ran into Mr. Gold in the forest and found nothing suspicious? Hello, the man has latex gloves, a spade and a butchers apron on. Looks like he's burying a dead body to me!
I told my wife last night that this show is starting to lose me.I didn't like the episode, and just not sure I like how this is going.I am in agreement with myself, I mean Dr. Awesome. :lmao:

Terrible. What happened to this show? Maybe it's just me...but the whole dark lord nonsense? Bah. This thing is losing me extremely quickly.

Someone want to clue me in on what they are setting up?

I have no clue what the end was all about.

Someone want to clue me in on what they are setting up?I have no clue what the end was all about.
Here is my take: everyone remembers their fairytale lives. Rumpel released magic into Storybrooke, so everyone who had powers will get them back. Gives Regina an advantage but since everyone now remembers, they'll be out to get her. They still have no way to return to their other world.

Someone want to clue me in on what they are setting up?I have no clue what the end was all about.
I really like the show. In a nutshell....Queen put a curse on the kingdom to punish Snow White for destroying her happiness. Rumplestilskin gave the curse to Queen. Emma (Snow White and Charming's daughter) is the only one who can stop her in today's time since they sent her here before the curse hit. Pinochio went with her(who is the writer here). Queen and Rumplestilskin are the only ones who know about Fairytale land. Henry knows somehow. Had to prove to Emma that Fairytale land exists. Queen tried killing Emma and Henry ate apple to prove to Emma. Emma was told by Rumplestilskin that the only way to save Henry is to get the love potion which is in the evil dragon in the basement. She got it and gave it to Rumplestilskin who tricked her. She went to save Henry and it was too late. She kissed him and he woke up along with everyone else. They now know the truth. The curse had been broken so they thought. Rumple found his true love who the Mad Hatter released. He threw the love potion down some well and the purple fog enveloped Storybrooke. We don't know what that is.

Here is my take: everyone remembers their fairytale lives. Rumpel released magic into Storybrooke, so everyone who had powers will get them back. Gives Regina an advantage but since everyone now remembers, they'll be out to get her. They still have no way to return to their other world.
:goodposting:

I really like the show. In a nutshell....Queen put a curse on the kingdom to punish Snow White for destroying her happiness. Rumplestilskin gave the curse to Queen. Emma (Snow White and Charming's daughter) is the only one who can stop her in today's time since they sent her here before the curse hit. Pinochio went with her(who is the writer here). Queen and Rumplestilskin are the only ones who know about Fairytale land. Henry knows somehow. Had to prove to Emma that Fairytale land exists. Queen tried killing Emma and Henry ate apple to prove to Emma. Emma was told by Rumplestilskin that the only way to save Henry is to get the love potion which is in the evil dragon in the basement. She got it and gave it to Rumplestilskin who tricked her. She went to save Henry and it was too late. She kissed him and he woke up along with everyone else. They now know the truth. The curse had been broken so they thought. Rumple found his true love who the Mad Hatter released. He threw the love potion down some well and the purple fog enveloped Storybrooke. We don't know what that is.
:headexplode:

This is perfect example of a show that would be so much better if they planned for a series run of 1 or maybe 2 seasons max.

Users who are viewing this thread