What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Rocky Romero just announced that he's now serving as the Vice President of Talent for New Japan Pro Wrestling!

Rocky is also heading up the STRONG events, and continues to be a liaison for NJPW and their dealings with other companies and promotions.on Windy City riot stream courtesy of Thriller tv and Njpwworld.com

Last edited:
This was fantastic and such a great troll job by both working the crowd

Shota Umino def. Jack Perry because Jack Perry could not stop playing to the crowd with CM Punk taunts.

“YOU GOT CHOKED OUT!” “NO HE DIDN’T” dueling chants. Which led to Perry putting a proper choke on Umino 😂

Perry tried to hit a GTS and got reversed which led to the end for him.

Tony schiavone was acting in character to the Young Bucks like he has for weeks since the Bucks started their EVP gimmick. Tony was apparently on board with the footage being released.
Sorry I don't buy this for one second. Sounds like damage control after the fact because it looked so bad.

BULLET CLUB WAR DOGS DEFEAT EDDIE KINGSTON, HOMICIDE, TJP & JEFF COBB

All hell broke out post match brawl that leads to Gabe Kidd and Eddie Kingston being announced for a NO ROPES LAST MAN STANDING MATCH AT NJPW RESURGENCE!!!

This is Shane and Mikey’s first gold in NJPw. Congrats guys met both at other NJPW shows. Been huge fan of theirs since the NXT TM61 days

TMDK Defeated GOD, West Coast Wrecking Crew & Fred Rosser/Tom Lawlor to become new Strong Tag Team Champions #NJRIOT #njpw-Windy City Riot

Mox just called out Shoota for a IWGP heavyweight title match and Ren Narita comes out and beats up Mox. Shoota with the save. Mox says Ren graduated from Young boy to dead man

Rumor: so take what it’s worth but there’s several reports coming out from people including a source of mine that says Vince has the rest of his TKO shares up for sale now. This opens up him being completely out of ownership of WWE for good now.

LOL @ Solo asserting that losses have consequences and consequences demand change after losing like his last 38 matches.
Someone needs to tell them building up a guy for a huge run doesn’t involve making him the sacrificial of a faction to eat pins every week. I love solo and his NxT run was great but Hunters use of him on the main roster incredibly head scratching.

Happy for Tama as he tried out for WWE yrs ago and they told him he wasn’t good enough. Tonga Loa was in WWE at one point and played fake Mascara at one point

A few rumors I’ve heard from people on bloodline.

Jimmy and Jey were suppose to have more matches vs 1 another. Sounds like their match at 40 soured people. Both will be faces but on different paths

Bloodline will be like captain America civil war. Everyone will be picking a side including Heyman. It was interesting people said Heyman as you’d think he’d be with Roman

Roman is still going to have a leangthy absence. As a few days ago he was still scheduled for The SummerSlam. Also from what I was told enjoy it while it last. Time in Roman is ticking. Sounds like whenever he does come back it might be his final run before officially retiring. Rember Roman was going to retire when the pandemic hit because of Vince. Roman and USOs weren’t a fan of how Vince handled that. Roman was also sick of the super cena face gimmick and wanted to be heel. It was becoming a joke within the family and Roman voiced displeasure in WWE to his family about not being a heel. Vince got backed into a corner because he was afraid Roman could legally get out of his deal and possible go to AEW. Mox who was staying with him in FL when AEW did tapings in Jacksonville, liked how AEW took covid precautions (reigns is immune compromised from Luekemia), and word of mouth was told he could be a monster heel in AEW. Roman was very intrigued. Vince got bent over without lube on the Roman deal as he didn’t want to lose Roman. Literally gave him everything he wanted. Own private trans, after X amount of time go to part time for X amount of dates per year, heel turn etc. roman idea to bring Paul Heyman in as a mouthpiece. So Roman got everything he wanted.

So we’ll see how long he last.

Jon Moxley is the new IWGP Heavyweight champ. Mox is the first man to win WWE title AeW Title and IWGP title in their career
I’m so hyped for my boy Mox. He’s been solid and dependable for every company he’s worked for, and I think it’s great that NJPW has put that level of trust in him to make him their champion, even if it ends up only being until Forbidden Door.

Lol, apparently Tony Kahn violated some personal data law in the UK by showing the Punk/Perry footage on TV.
Maybe Punk was right when he said he would own AEW when all was said and done.
Are we sure about that? Considering how much money the Khan family has, it seems natural that Tony would have ran this scenario by his team of lawyers to make sure everything was on the up and up before airing it.

Lol, apparently Tony Kahn violated some personal data law in the UK by showing the Punk/Perry footage on TV.
Maybe Punk was right when he said he would own AEW when all was said and done.
Are we sure about that? Considering how much money the Khan family has, it seems natural that Tony would have ran this scenario by his team of lawyers to make sure everything was on the up and up before airing it.
Apparently England has much stricter video laws than the US does . The Twitter post I saw cited the exact law and such.
Even the lawyer Cornette is always schilling, Steven New, responded to the post saying 'we warned them', so I'm guessing something will happen or is in the works.

Classic Tiny having a temper tantrum and violating UK law showing the CCTV footage on national TV on WBD.

Would be something if it cost them Wembley. Cost them WBD.

Punk has moved on. Was a great interview of him with Helwani. Tiny is grasping at straws. He's spending more time obsessed with Punk and HHH than making his actual TV product (and the performers he employs) watchable.

Saw Rhea is injured and out for several months. That sucks. I think she's on top of the world right now regardless of sex.

A few rumors I’ve heard from people on bloodline.

Jimmy and Jey were suppose to have more matches vs 1 another. Sounds like their match at 40 soured people. Both will be faces but on different paths

Bloodline will be like captain America civil war. Everyone will be picking a side including Heyman. It was interesting people said Heyman as you’d think he’d be with Roman

Roman is still going to have a leangthy absence. As a few days ago he was still scheduled for The SummerSlam. Also from what I was told enjoy it while it last. Time in Roman is ticking. Sounds like whenever he does come back it might be his final run before officially retiring. Rember Roman was going to retire when the pandemic hit because of Vince. Roman and USOs weren’t a fan of how Vince handled that. Roman was also sick of the super cena face gimmick and wanted to be heel. It was becoming a joke within the family and Roman voiced displeasure in WWE to his family about not being a heel. Vince got backed into a corner because he was afraid Roman could legally get out of his deal and possible go to AEW. Mox who was staying with him in FL when AEW did tapings in Jacksonville, liked how AEW took covid precautions (reigns is immune compromised from Luekemia), and word of mouth was told he could be a monster heel in AEW. Roman was very intrigued. Vince got bent over without lube on the Roman deal as he didn’t want to lose Roman. Literally gave him everything he wanted. Own private trans, after X amount of time go to part time for X amount of dates per year, heel turn etc. roman idea to bring Paul Heyman in as a mouthpiece. So Roman got everything he wanted.

So we’ll see how long he last.
And he was worth every penny and perk they gave him. Probably under compensated. That Jimmy v Jey match at 40 was.... ooof. Good decision to change plans.

So this new Bloodline storyline seems to be setting up getting the Usos back together and Roman back as a babyface which all sounds cool…but…Solo not yet convincing as a crime boss and Tama Tonga not believable as the T2000 either. Bloodline hostile takeover not gelling for me yet. No Yeet.

Swerve ought to have a great run with the belt. Good call by Tony Khan to stick the belt on a young guy with great crowd support. Dude's over.

Very good PPV. No surprise. Okada v PAC and Danielson v Ospreay were 4+* matches. Main event was good, crowd flagging just a bit, but they got sent home happy.

Tony Khan trying to draw in the hate watchers by having himself be beaten up by Jack Perry and The Elite. :lol:

I like the moxie to it, but I'm not going to watch anything more than highlights, same as WWE.

Cornette's take on AEW airing the Punk/Perry footage:

His comments around 8:30-8:55 feels like they could be directed at certain persons here.

Keep it on the topic please and not directed to certain posters here.

Users who are viewing this thread