What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** Prospects and Mid-Season Callup Thread (2 Viewers)

Someone asked about Urias recently in here somewhere (can no longer find anything).

He's dominating AA now, a year after dominating the hitter friendly Cal League. I know he's not even 19 until August, but it's going to be tough to keep him down another year. Seems like he's a good bet to get some spot starts this year, then take a rotation spot next year.

To me he's the #1 pitching prospect. I can see him on an innings limit, but at some point does it really matter where those innings are? He's a ####### animal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked about Urias recently in here somewhere (can no longer find anything).

He's dominating AA now, a year after dominating the hitter friendly Cal League. I know he's not even 19 until August, but it's going to be tough to keep him down another year. Seems like he's a good bet to get some spot starts this year, then take a rotation spot next year.

To me he's the #1 pitching prospect. I can see him on an innings limit, but at some point does it really matter where those innings are? He's a ####### animal.
He's definitely the #1. Giolito's awesome too, but he's 2 years older and one level behind. What Urias is doing is nuts.

Carlos Correa is murdering AA with a 398/468/735 line. He has 6 HR and 13 SB in 111 PA. He's expected to be promoted soon and could be in the bigs by the end of the year.

Robert Stephenson is sucking in AA which seems pretty much par for the course for the Reds this year.

As always, TINSTAAPP

bumping to see what we got on this front....

thinking about adding Matz on the mets, he sounds closer than Syndergard
Just saw this thread, but FYI one of the Mets beat writers said that Syndergaard is actually next in line for the call-up because he's been in AAA for longer than Matz. Take it for what it's worth.

Carlos Correa is murdering AA with a 398/468/735 line. He has 6 HR and 13 SB in 111 PA. He's expected to be promoted soon and could be in the bigs by the end of the year.
My ML spot is only valid for the rest of the season (unless I make him a keeper), but I finally grabbed him today and cut bait on Baez.

My ML spot is only valid for the rest of the season (unless I make him a keeper), but I finally grabbed him today and cut bait on Baez.
unless the wheels for all the Astros wagon I can't picture him up before super 2

unless the wheels for all the Astros wagon I can't picture him up before super 2
Kris Bryant's progression is realistic too. Either way, I'd be very surprised if he's up before September 1, if at all, this year. He's only 20 and has just 120 PA's above A ball.

HellToupee said:
But that's OK. It's a stash roster spot, so I'm not going to waste it on a marginal player who might be up a week or two sooner. If he gets me anything this year, great, and I have him a potential keeper going forward.

Rumors on WFAN that gee is gonna miss a start and Matz is pitching on the same day, likely Sunday. Don't know much about but be throws hard , he's lefty and is supposed to be good.

The Phillies are preparing Cody Asche for a move to the outfield, which almost certainly means Maikel Franco is about to get called up and take the 3B job.

Franco's doing 336/359/520 at AAA. His low BB rate and the Phillies' terrible lineup are both concerns, but there's enough power upside to make him interesting.

Syndergaard worth a start Tuesday or wait and see?
I'm starting him in my H2H points league, but only because he is a two start pitcher this week. Roto, I wouldn't plan to deploy him until the Philly series in two weeks unless he is just overwhelmingly dominant.

Syndergaard worth a start Tuesday or wait and see?
I'm starting him in my H2H points league, but only because he is a two start pitcher this week. Roto, I wouldn't plan to deploy him until the Philly series in two weeks unless he is just overwhelmingly dominant.
Kind of what I was thinking to hold on bench and see. Mine is a H2H but with daily lineup so if he's great on Tuesday I can still get a start out of him this week. Thanks

The Phillies are preparing Cody Asche for a move to the outfield, which almost certainly means Maikel Franco is about to get called up and take the 3B job.

Franco's doing 336/359/520 at AAA. His low BB rate and the Phillies' terrible lineup are both concerns, but there's enough power upside to make him interesting.
It's happening, from a Phillies beat:

"Cody Asche optioned to triple A to play LF. Position change in process. Franco expected to arrive at third this weekend."

A lot of people in Toronto think Jeff Hoffman will pitch in MLB this season. Kiley McDaniel watched him post -TJ recently:

From Andrew Stoeten:

It is, of course, the pitching stuff thats the most impressive. And one of those most impressed is McDaniel himself. Asked in a Tuesday chat whether hed take Hoffman or Brady Aiken last years number one pick, who is going back into the draft this year despite having had his own Tommy John surgery recently McDaniel laid this on us: Healthy, Peak Hoffman is the best amateur pitcher Ive ever seen. Better than Peak Rodon, too.

He's making his first minor league start today.

TINSTAAP

Rusney may be coming soon:

He has returned home obviously for the birth of his child," manager John Farrell said Tuesday. "That's going to be a couple of days. Whether or not we allow him to get a game under his belt at Pawtucket before possibly looking at a change here, those are all possibilities."

Anyone know anything about Eduardo Rodriguez?
Imho the best Red Sox minor league pitcher. I'll say you won't see a better pitcher* brought up the rest of the season. Criminally underrated

edit: *not counting Norris who was already up

Last edited by a moderator:
Luis Severino promoted to AAA by the Yanks. Not sure how much of a factor he'll be this year, but he's a stud.

Anyone know anything about Eduardo Rodriguez?
Imho the best Red Sox minor league pitcher. I'll say you won't see a better pitcher* brought up the rest of the season. Criminally underrated

edit: *not counting Norris who was already up
I'm usually late to these pitching prospects because I want to see how they do once bats have a book on him, but that was something special last night.

I'm glad my bi-weekly waivers are Thursday night and I'm betting others weren't watching because I got him both places this morning. Very impressive performance.

Luis Severino promoted to AAA by the Yanks. Not sure how much of a factor he'll be this year, but he's a stud.
Girardi said there is always a possibility he will be called up to help the team this year. I hope they don't Joba him though

Still a bit away, but the Phillies' 2013 1st-round draft pick, J.P. Crawford was just promoted to AA. He was recently ranked as the number 4 prospect by Keith Law. Really good walk rates and has reduced his K% this year (in high A, FWIW).

With the state of the SS position today, probably worth tracking.

Users who are viewing this thread