What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (1 Viewer)

I cracked up when Jimmy started humming the Theme to "Rocky" under his breath as he pulled away from Mike's booth.

Loved that Hector had no problem finding Mike at the Cafe`.

Cousins coming on, or do all the Salamanca men own a pair of those bad boys?

Jimmy's babysitter could be worthy of a chuckle or two going forward.

I cracked up when Jimmy started humming the Theme to "Rocky" under his breath as he pulled away from Mike's booth.

Loved that Hector had no problem finding Mike at the Cafe`.

Cousins coming on, or do all the Salamanca men own a pair of those bad boys?

Jimmy's babysitter could be worthy of a chuckle or two going forward.
Aren't the cousins like 12 at this point in time?

So I wonder if Mike is the one that puts Hector in the wheelchair and unable to speak?

Does anyone else think that Chuck might have made up the story about Jimmy taking money from their Dad's store just to further damage his relationship with Kim?   Jimmy might be a con-man but he is a good one and it seems out of character for him to blow through $14k of his Dad's money.

No way.  That $14k was $20 at a time - it's allegorical for jimmy's rationalizations that his transgressions are so small in scale that they should be overlooked -

my guess is it is Hector wearing the boots..  cousins would be too young

can't wait to see how Gus gets introduced-  didn't Tuco work for Gus in BB?

my guess is it is Hector wearing the boots..  cousins would be too young

can't wait to see how Gus gets introduced-  didn't Tuco work for Gus in BB?
Could be the cousins picked up the affectation from Hector.

I do not recall any connection between Tuco and Gus.  Seems antithetical to Gus's cautious character to associate with a Tuco.  Of course at times Gus would go against character, move boldly, or tolerate incaution in others.

I do not recall any connection between Tuco and Gus.  Seems antithetical to Gus's cautious character to associate with a Tuco.  Of course at times Gus would go against character, move boldly, or tolerate incaution in others.
Tuco = Cartel

Gus worked with the Cartel...and hated them

Tuco = Cartel

Gus worked with the Cartel...and hated them
Right, right, of course.  It was just that Tuco was such an erratic, Tweeked out thug that for some reason I simply cannot connect him to the Cartel, even as he referred to Hector, repeatedly, as "Tio".  I can't believe the relationships from BB are slipping awy from me.  Just last week I failed to recognize Crazy 8.  I guess I am getting old and slow.  Actually I know I am.

So I wonder if Mike is the one that puts Hector in the wheelchair and unable to speak?

Does anyone else think that Chuck might have made up the story about Jimmy taking money from their Dad's store just to further damage his relationship with Kim?   Jimmy might be a con-man but he is a good one and it seems out of character for him to blow through $14k of his Dad's money.
I think you are right.

I thought that too, especially since he was the one tugging on his ear at dinner after warning his wife about Jimmy. Chuck reminds me of the kid that was jealous that he never got the same love as his brother even though he was succeeding at things.

so you're saying the more likely explanation that a very successful lawyer hates his brother is jealousy, as opposed to his brother's own moral failings leading to his father's death?  And that he would then concoct a story about his brother's moral failings leading to his father's death as a cover for his own jealousy?

so you're saying the more likely explanation that a very successful lawyer hates his brother is jealousy, as opposed to his brother's own moral failings leading to his father's death?  And that he would then concoct a story about his brother's moral failings leading to his father's death as a cover for his own jealousy?
He was definitely jealous that his wife liked Jimmy's jokes over the one he told, the look on his face after he told her his joke in bed said it all.

I've never actually hoped that Tuco would do something barbaric and awful to another character in the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe.

And then Erin showed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was definitely jealous that his wife liked Jimmy's jokes over the one he told, the look on his face after he told her his joke in bed said it all.
agree completely.  People are drawn to Jimmy...he has a way with them.  That's something that you can't teach in any graduate school.  Chuck is jealous..clearly, they practically beat us over the head with it last night.  

They did seem to leave it open that they could explain why Jimmy didn't go to the wedding.  Perhaps that could bridge the gap on whether Chuck was telling the truth or not

I didn't hear what happened to his wife.

I agree that Chuck is richard but he was right on with what he said to Jimmy last week.   It was really stupid to go ahead with the airing of the commercial without approval and it really did make a lot of people look bad.

Pretty sure Gus avoided working with Tuco after Hector killed his 'partner' by the pool.  Remember Gus constantly badgering Hector throughout BB.  "Is today the day?"

I loved how the court clerk kept eyeing that beanie baby.
I just loved how the scene shows the ultimate power that court clerks have.  It's so true that if you insult/alienate/offend/piss off one of them you're going to be so screwed. 

Right, right, of course.  It was just that Tuco was such an erratic, Tweeked out thug that for some reason I simply cannot connect him to the Cartel, even as he referred to Hector, repeatedly, as "Tio".  I can't believe the relationships from BB are slipping awy from me.  Just last week I failed to recognize Crazy 8.  I guess I am getting old and slow.  Actually I know I am.
i miss a lot ...thats why i read this thread ...others always catch things and then i go back and re-watch and see what i missed ...makes the show so much better when you see that little stuff ...so a thank you to the sharp eyes in here 

Man I had high hopes for this show from the start but it's so much better than I ever even imagined. It's not breaking bad (yet; and what is?) but it's Best Drama good and they are building to some devastating outcomes for Kim and Chuck. 

Gilligan :bow:  seriously 

Really?

I felt like this episode was just a lot of filler. Not much action. Story barely moved forward.

The most that I got out of it was the very end showing that Mike now has the cartel on him.

He really has to take the gun rap or who knows what these guys will do to him.

Really?

I felt like this episode was just a lot of filler. Not much action. Story barely moved forward.

The most that I got out of it was the very end showing that Mike now has the cartel on him.

He really has to take the gun rap or who knows what these guys will do to him.
yes...really

It was a good development episode, but yawned through most of it until the last scene. Woke the #### up on that one. 

Jimmy got a baby sitter. Not much else happened with his story.

Girlfriend got herself out of the basement. ok.

Mike fingered by the cartel.

am I missing something?

Did Kim really get out of the basement though? She has to make coffee for Chuck so he'll put a good word in. I think she knows she's  hosed there.

I agree that Jimmy is bound to snap and try to embarrass the baby sitter. 

Did Kim really get out of the basement though? She has to make coffee for Chuck so he'll put a good word in. I think she knows she's  hosed there.

I agree that Jimmy is bound to snap and try to embarrass the baby sitter
Knowing the way Jimmy wins people over im betting that he turns her into someone more like himself

I agree that Chuck is richard but he was right on with what he said to Jimmy last week.   It was really stupid to go ahead with the airing of the commercial without approval and it really did make a lot of people look bad.
Yep, Chuck is pretty much dead on about Jimmy. Of course, Jimmy's bad traits are what make him such a great TV character.

Oh, and did you all catch the waitress at the end?  Same one from the BB episode where Mike meets Lydia and she tries to cover up by calling him Dwayne. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread