What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Survivor: Blood vs. Water*** (2 Viewers)

Not a quote but I'm pretty tired of the victory two arms in the air with double peace signs going.

I wish Jeff would sort the votes differently. He always saves the votes for the person voted out last. Obviously they do this to create suspense, but once you realize this it becomes quite annoying. The person with the first vote or two will never be voted out.

I wish Jeff would sort the votes differently. He always saves the votes for the person voted out last. Obviously they do this to create suspense, but once you realize this it becomes quite annoying. The person with the first vote or two will never be voted out.
Not necessarily. He does lead with the eventual voted out person from time to time depending on how the votes stack up, it's just many times the 2nd time you see a person's name, you know it's them based on the episode.

Not necessarily. He does lead with the eventual voted out person from time to time depending on how the votes stack up, it's just many times the 2nd time you see a person's name, you know it's them based on the episode.
I agree.

He scrambles then the best he can. For almost every vote it is edited to appear the vote is between two people.

He works with the camera crew to determine who made which vote so he can show those first, usually one for each, and then he jumbles up the rest in various ways.

This season he has not had much room to jumble since the voters have mostly been on the same page.

Stupid, stupid girls!
:goodposting: Had to know the merge was coming.. Do they really believe he is going to bring his brother over to their side? :loco:
That would clearly be the best move for Aras. Whether or not he realizes it is the big question.

A five person alliance of Tina-Katie(?)-Monica-Vytas-Aras is ideal for all of them. Tina and Aras are two former winners and the only two with their "blood" still in the game (pending redemption results). They have a much better chance of surviving together than they do apart. And it makes sense for Monica as she becomes the obvious swing vote if it gets down to those five.

Top 10 Jeff Probst lines that he says each episode.

#1 The tribe has spoken
"Tadhana, getting their first look at the new Galang tribe. Laura voted out last tribal council."

I swear, except for the interview at tribal council, pretty much every line Jeff says is exactly the same from every episode.

Top 10 Jeff Probst lines that he says each episode.

#1 The tribe has spoken
"Tadhana, getting their first look at the new Galang tribe. Laura voted out last tribal council."

I swear, except for the interview at tribal council, pretty much every line Jeff says is exactly the same from every episode.
:lmao:

exactly. You can say almost every line before he says it.

"Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes."

He only says it the first time they go to TC, but my favorite is:

"Behind each of you is a torch. Grab a torch and approach the flame. Dip it in and get fire. This is important, because in this game, fire represents life. Once your fire is gone, so are you."

So deep. :mellow:

He only says it the first time they go to TC, but my favorite is:

"Behind each of you is a torch. Grab a torch and approach the flame. Dip it in and get fire. This is important, because in this game, fire represents life. Once your fire is gone, so are you."

So deep. :mellow:
:lmao:

"First things first..."

"(losing tribe) I've got nothing for you, head back to camp."

"Once the votes are read, the decision is final, the person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately."

I agree.

He scrambles then the best he can. For almost every vote it is edited to appear the vote is between two people.

He works with the camera crew to determine who made which vote so he can show those first, usually one for each, and then he jumbles up the rest in various ways.

This season he has not had much room to jumble since the voters have mostly been on the same page.
Actually, if you watch closely, the order that he pulls the names out are edited, and you can tell with the VoiceOver. They usually won't show Probst when he is giving the vote count, and the voice recording is different than when he is on camera.

I agree.

Actually, if you watch closely, the order that he pulls the names out are edited, and you can tell with the VoiceOver. They usually won't show Probst when he is giving the vote count, and the voice recording is different than when he is on camera.
I do not think this is correct as unless something went very wrong when he consulted with the producers when "tallying" the votes, they would have no need to edit the shots to rearrange them. See below for the exact methodology used.

http://www.today.com/id/26726792#.Unk38OKQMQ0

What does Jeff Probst do when he goes to "tally the votes"?

After actually collecting the votes, Jeff consults with producers, who have been watching the voting confessional footage live in a production booth far away from Tribal Council. Based upon what they've seen and the actual outcome of the vote, they decide the order in which Jeff will read the votes aloud, organizing them for maximum drama and selecting which contestants' votes will be shown on TV. That's why the votes Jeff reveals first are the ones viewers have already seen.

I agree.

I do not think this is correct as unless something went very wrong when he consulted with the producers when "tallying" the votes, they would have no need to edit the shots to rearrange them. See below for the exact methodology used.

After actually collecting the votes, Jeff consults with producers, who have been watching the voting confessional footage live in a production booth far away from Tribal Council. Based upon what they've seen and the actual outcome of the vote, they decide the order in which Jeff will read the votes aloud, organizing them for maximum drama and selecting which contestants' votes will be shown on TV. That's why the votes Jeff reveals first are the ones viewers have already seen.
Speaking of the Bold.. Really wish they'd go back to showing that after the vote.. Usually had some good insight into how the vote went down..

Instead we are given the walk of shame to redemption island. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

Speaking of the Bold.. Really wish they'd go back to showing that after the vote.. Usually had some good insight into how the vote went down..

Instead we are given the walk of shame to redemption island. :thumbdown:
Yah, pretty sure that'll come back after the merge. It generally isn't as interesting anyways at this point in the season except in a few cases.

Finally some smart people who stuck to their plan :thumbup:

Be interesting if the preview is correct. If so she might as well pack her bags and join Aras after she doesn't win immunity.

I agree.

See! He did it again. Saved all the votes for Aras until the end.

Be interesting if the preview is correct. If so she might as well pack her bags and join Aras after she doesn't win immunity.
I hope so. I think the two things I hate the most are the balance on small platform/hang onto pole with small foot holds challenges and losers that are bitter.

Does Tina realize that if there are 5 jurors from her alliance on the jury that they have to vote for 1 of 3 that blindsided Aras? I am pretty sure about this, but I believe everyone on the jury has been voted out at one point and the people they have to vote for have not been voted out. Tina may have a different thought, but pretty sure my assumption is correct. Man, just goes to show that Colby got freaking screwed. No way should Tina have won survivor over Colby.

Why the heck do they do that pole challenge to get back in the game? I watch Survivor with my oldest son who just started watching it last season. Before they started, I told him Laura M was going to win and it wouldn't be close. I hate challenges that are so rigged in one person's favor. Why not a challenge to see who could hold up 100 pounds the longest where we know John is the winner?

Glad that Laura M came back because the couples dynamic this season actually makes it the most interesting Survivor in a decade.

Why the heck do they do that pole challenge to get back in the game? I watch Survivor with my oldest son who just started watching it last season. Before they started, I told him Laura M was going to win and it wouldn't be close. I hate challenges that are so rigged in one person's favor. Why not a challenge to see who could hold up 100 pounds the longest where we know John is the winner?
I think it betters the show when the producers can pick challenges that may lead to keeping more interesting players/scenarios in the game.

Is a player allowed to give another player their immunity necklace after the votes are cast? Or does that just apply to hidden idols? I guess I assume the latter as the other way would allow players to double up on immunity. Was wondering why Vytas wouldn't give Aras his necklace.

I like that Tyson found the hidden idol without anyone suspecting it's even in play. Brings back a sort of Russell Hantz aspect to the game.

I think it betters the show when the producers can pick challenges that may lead to keeping more interesting players/scenarios in the game.
Wait, what? How does fixing the results make it a better show? The first season of Survivor kicked off the success because it was real. Good old Sue really believed that speech. Now, people try the bad guy/girl image because they get more screen time in a lot of shows. I like that Survivor doesn't really have a lot of that. I don't know why anyone watching this show would want the producers to do anything more than edit the tape. I am sure they determine more than we think, but if I knew that, I would like the show less.

Is a player allowed to give another player their immunity necklace after the votes are cast? Or does that just apply to hidden idols? I guess I assume the latter as the other way would allow players to double up on immunity. Was wondering why Vytas wouldn't give Aras his necklace.

I like that Tyson found the hidden idol without anyone suspecting it's even in play. Brings back a sort of Russell Hantz aspect to the game.
Giving immunity necklace has to be done before the votes are cast.

Even if they could have traded the necklace after the votes, Aras and Vytas would not have done it, based on their comments in confessional and their reaction to the vote. As Vytas said "I don't think anyone will have the guts to vote for us"

Idiot.

If John comes back into the game, the tribe is 7 individual players and 2 pairs of loved ones (4 players). Pretty obvious how that will go.

If Laura M comes back, it is 5 individual players and 3 pairs of loved ones (6 players). Much more interesting (as we saw last night).

I think the producers did pick the final redemption challenge based on who they thought would be more interesting for the game.

Does Tina realize that if there are 5 jurors from her alliance on the jury that they have to vote for 1 of 3 that blindsided Aras? I am pretty sure about this, but I believe everyone on the jury has been voted out at one point and the people they have to vote for have not been voted out. Tina may have a different thought, but pretty sure my assumption is correct. Man, just goes to show that Colby got freaking screwed. No way should Tina have won survivor over Colby.
Tina was directing that towards Tyson and Gervase in particular, not the entire group. If those two make the final three she's saying her alliance will vote for the third option. :shrug:

Interesting that she said "5 votes" though. Apparently she's assuming they still have Monica, which doesn't seem to be the case.

The women completely messed this up for Aras and Vytas. Tina for telling Monica she was fifth, and Monica for not logically working out what that meant for her game.

Being in a final five with two couples is perfect. Makes you the swing vote at five, so you basically get to decide which couple you go to the final three with. Instead Monica chose to be offended. Women. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
The women completely messed this up for Aras and Vytas. Tina for telling Monica she was fifth, and Monica for not logically working out what that meant for her game.

Being in a final five with two couples is perfect. Makes you the swing vote at five, so you basically get to decide which couple you go to the final three with. Instead Monica chose to be offended. Women. :doh:
Exactly. What a dolt.

Users who are viewing this thread