What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Survivor S32 - Brains Brawn Beauty Part Deux (1 Viewer)

Only one juror said Michelle needed to show her intelligence to the jury. No other jury member mentioned it, and just because one said she needed to show it to the jury, does not mean that he was speaking for the whole jury.
The amount of the deliberation we see is minuscule. They have talked at Ponderosa plenty so why would each berate "intelligence" to them? The reason the guy went first was to set the scene for the jury. All Michelle had to "prove" was she wasn't some dumb beauty. She does that she wins... and she showed she is not some dumb beauty.

Did I miss it or did Probst not spend a second on Neil and kinda rub it in on him that Michelle won?

Just seems like a missed opportunity to me and an obvious storyline there at the end.

I agree with you and Corp. I think Michelle played the game well and finished far stronger. Heck, Aubry needed Tai yet again just to make the final 3. Sorry, but to put Aubry in the same place as Hantz is just silly. She almost cracked day one. She made plenty of not so good moves and sure as heck wasn't nearly good enough at the final tribal. She actually conceded that Cydney made many of the moves when she was responding to Cydney. I thought Michelle played the last couple tribals perfectly and her choice of Neal was perfect (he was a ##### on the way out).

Some seriously butt hurt Aubry fans in here who think she was a way better player than she was and that Michelle did nothing. Neither of which is true.

Going way back, I still think I was 100% correct that Tai made a huge mistake not staying with Scot and Jason. No, not falling on the sword with the idol, but sticking with them in the first place and going to the final four and trying to win that immunity to get into the final 3. I think he would have hands down the winner in that case. It still would have taken an II win, but I think that was much better chance.

I actually enjoyed the season and liked Michelle winning because she really came through the last few tribals. It was a nice twist after watching a lot of not so good moves and not so strong players. I wonder if they didn't do the "winner's" edit because they realized they do it too often and they wanted to the surprise ending. Maybe they tried to make Aubry look a little better.
Except for the fact that the other two guys talked about voting him out the first chance they got.  That's one of the things that made Scott's berating him during the questioning so ridiculous.  Tai actually read the situation pretty well and probably wouldn't have gotten close to the final 3 if he hadn't flipped on them.  Then there was Scott's mocking of Tai for not even using his idol, which was only the case because Tai read things right along the way but didn't have to / get to use it when Joe was yanked.  

With likability such a huge part of winning this game, Tai was simply caught in no man's land.  He was too likable to make it to the final with the people he might be able to beat and not likable enough to get votes vs the people with whom he could make it there.

Except for the fact that the other two guys talked about voting him out the first chance they got.  That's one of the things that made Scott's berating him during the questioning so ridiculous.  Tai actually read the situation pretty well and probably wouldn't have gotten close to the final 3 if he hadn't flipped on them.  Then there was Scott's mocking of Tai for not even using his idol, which was only the case because Tai read things right along the way but didn't have to / get to use it when Joe was yanked.  

With likability such a huge part of winning this game, Tai was simply caught in no man's land.  He was too likable to make it to the final with the people he might be able to beat and not likable enough to get votes vs the people with whom he could make it there.
I don't agree with your assessment of "first chance they got." That makes it seem like they would have blindsided him at 5 or 6. They said they would get rid of him at 4, because Tai would have beaten Scot, Jason and/or Julia in the final 3. They needed him and his idol to make sure they got to the final 4. Scot did berate him about never actually using his advantages for anything meaningful, which is true, they didn't really make a difference. Scot was also bitter, but he wasn't wrong.

Again, my statement was that I thought Tai's best chance of winning was to have stayed where he was and win the II to get to 3, which I don't think was out of the question. He just barely got beat by Michelle and I don't think Jason, Scot or Julia had shown anything remotely close to what it would have taken to beat him. I am pretty sure Tai would have gotten to the final 3. I think if he stuck with his original alliance he could have won and we obviously saw that he didn't have a chance even with Michelle removing a vote for Aubry.

Tai got to the final 3. how is anything that he did wrong?

he wasn't going to be at anyone. getting that far was a miracle.

Only one juror said Michelle needed to show her intelligence to the jury. No other jury member mentioned it, and just because one said she needed to show it to the jury, does not mean that he was speaking for the whole jury.
Especially when the one juror was the poorly drawn Disney prince, who only voted for Aubry because Michele told everyone she played Nick by dumbing herself down.

Did I miss it or did Probst not spend a second on Neil and kinda rub it in on him that Michelle won?

Just seems like a missed opportunity to me and an obvious storyline there at the end.
I thought this was strange as well.  Thought they would mention his med evac, the first time jury removal, and how she didn't turn out to be a puppy suckling at the teet after all (I think that was the quote or something like it).

I don't agree with your assessment of "first chance they got." That makes it seem like they would have blindsided him at 5 or 6. They said they would get rid of him at 4, because Tai would have beaten Scot, Jason and/or Julia in the final 3. They needed him and his idol to make sure they got to the final 4. Scot did berate him about never actually using his advantages for anything meaningful, which is true, they didn't really make a difference. Scot was also bitter, but he wasn't wrong.

Again, my statement was that I thought Tai's best chance of winning was to have stayed where he was and win the II to get to 3, which I don't think was out of the question. He just barely got beat by Michelle and I don't think Jason, Scot or Julia had shown anything remotely close to what it would have taken to beat him. I am pretty sure Tai would have gotten to the final 3. I think if he stuck with his original alliance he could have won and we obviously saw that he didn't have a chance even with Michelle removing a vote for Aubry.
I'm pretty sure they said they'd get rid of him the second he didn't win immunity, and the plan was to use his idol that vote, so they wouldn't need him for his idol anymore.  At that point in the game, I think the guys saw Audry and Tai as the biggest threats to win. Since their plan would have Audry out and 7 left, I think they'd keep Tai for one more vote at the most to get it to 6 (and try to get him to use his advantage to hedge against Julia going against them that vote) and then get rid of him to get to 5 feeling like they still had the numbers (3/5).  I'm sure Jason and Scot would have been thrilled to go into 5 with Julia, Joe, and Cydney (or Michele if she won immunity).  In that case, Tai would have had to win II at 6, 5, and 4.  Or flip on them some other time, of course, but why not do it when you get to keep an idol for yourself?

If Tai had followed their plan, they'd have been idol-less with 8 left and only 3 in their alliance (atleast people that had voted with them)  If they wanted to take control of the game, they needed to not focus so much on playing the idols as using them as a threat to gain alliance members.  If they'd had pulled Julia in with them at 9, she could have swayed Michelle too - 5 people with 2 idols and an extra vote would have been unstoppable.  Instead, they over valued playing the idol - just like Scot showed in his questioning.

I thought this was strange as well.  Thought they would mention his med evac, the first time jury removal, and how she didn't turn out to be a puppy suckling at the teet after all (I think that was the quote or something like it).
That seemed like an odd omission.  I thought Jeff was going to ask him if he wanted to apologize to Michelle or if he still thought she won by riding coat tails.  

dparker713 said:
He and Hatch are the best first time players ever imo, but Boston Rob's win was probably the best full game anyone has ever played.
I give Boston Rob virtually no credit for that win.  This was his 4th time playing the game, (didn't  even make the jury 2 out of the first 3) and the last was with a bunch of first timers who he easily controlled.  What a bunch of followers.  The other tribe even purposely lost a challenge to vote out Russel and ended up at 7-5 at the merge and proceeded to get all eliminated.

One of the worst seasons ever.

I give Boston Rob virtually no credit for that win.  This was his 4th time playing the game, (didn't  even make the jury 2 out of the first 3) and the last was with a bunch of first timers who he easily controlled.  What a bunch of followers.  The other tribe even purposely lost a challenge to vote out Russel and ended up at 7-5 at the merge and proceeded to get all eliminated.

One of the worst seasons ever.
Rob was charismatic, but yeah, he was handed the win that season.  I actually thought it was scripted for him to win, like he had something on the producer or Probst.. or something.  Was just way too easy a victory for him.  

Rob was charismatic, but yeah, he was handed the win that season.  I actually thought it was scripted for him to win, like he had something on the producer or Probst.. or something.  Was just way too easy a victory for him.  
He convinced his alliance members not to talk to the other people and they all seemed to think they were with him until the end.  Yes, they were bad players, but he controlled that game like no one has ever done, and he was good at challenges.  Him being so good contributed to it being so boring.  

He convinced his alliance members not to talk to the other people and they all seemed to think they were with him until the end.  Yes, they were bad players, but he controlled that game like no one has ever done, and he was good at challenges.  Him being so good contributed to it being so boring.  
He controlled dumb people. Even Michelle could do that. They gave Rob a million dollars. Could have saved us from the agony by just handing it to him.

If Tai had followed their plan, they'd have been idol-less with 8 left and only 3 in their alliance (atleast people that had voted with them)  If they wanted to take control of the game, they needed to not focus so much on playing the idols as using them as a threat to gain alliance members.  If they'd had pulled Julia in with them at 9, she could have swayed Michelle too - 5 people with 2 idols and an extra vote would have been unstoppable.  Instead, they over valued playing the idol - just like Scot showed in his questioning.
Nevermind, not worth rehashing, but you aren't correct. Julia had informed them about the vote for Scot. If Tai had played it with his original alliance, his vote change to Aubry instead of Scot means a 3-3. He also had his extra vote, so 4-3, they send Aubry home.

So, up 4-3, they still have 2 idols and numbers. Tai is pretty well protected with the idol as is Jason and/or Scot. Seems pretty easy to keep Julia in the fold and vote with them. At that point Cydney is a thorn and more of a threat, get rid of her first (Michelle also won immunity) and then Joe wins reward and gets rid of himself.

Every time I mention this, you guys keep going to the super idol and my assertion is they wouldn't have even had to play the idols yet. It would have been very easy to get Aubry off with just his extra vote. Problem was, Tai had already decided that Aubry was his soul mate and had no clue about trying to win the game.

Not sure what we discussed, but I'm thinking the dumbest move was Scot trying to wait and use the super idol. More concerned with using the Super Idol than with just staying alive.

Also, if you really trust your alliance member, and they have actual immunity, let them hold the idol. Then they'll play it for you if you decide to go that way, and if you mess it up your teammate gets to have an idol. Guess it depends on the trust, but still seems like an obvious thing overlooked by many.

Not sure what we discussed, but I'm thinking the dumbest move was Scot trying to wait and use the super idol. More concerned with using the Super Idol than with just staying alive.
I don't think Scott ever had an idol in his possession.  His alliance members did but as he found out, unless it is sitting in your own pocket, that is at best a precarious connection to the idol.

He had Jason's, and left with it in his pocket, screwing both of them 
I must be remembering this wrong.

I though he got Jason's idol AFTER the vote, which was useless as a fake idol at that point with out the second half.  Did Jason give him the idol before the vote?

Yes. Jason had immunity and publicly gave Scott his found idol from Brawn Beach. Then Jason said "Scott, Tai, and I are immune, so you better vote for someone else" 

They did not play the idols before the votes were read, though. They wanted to hold both idols and see what the other alliance did. If they voted out Tai or Scott, they would combine the two idols into one Super Idol, which can be played after votes are read.

Tai, however, betrayed them and didn't give up his idol to combine into the Super Idol. So Scott left, holding Jason's idol, which kept Jason at risk after that. 
Yeah, it was still a pretty bad move, but they thought they could save them. If Scot just plays it, Aubry might go home because Tai would have felt compelled to play his as well. Their problem was not being aware at all that Tai could be jumping ship.

To be honest, it seemed like they knew Scot was getting a lot of votes already, so I'm not sure why they didn't just plan to play the idols. Tai appeared to know beforehand that they were going to wait and use the super idol, which still wastes two idols, so why not plan to play them before the vote to make sure everything goes well and to make the other folks scramble and lay out their actual alliances.

Just a really bad move by Scot and Jason, especially considering they had no clue that Tai had already flipped. It was already 4-4, so risky with Julia never actually voting with them (she and Michelle voted Tai). If you are at 4-4 in your minds and you have a guaranteed way to make it to the next tribal you don't **** around when you were going to blow both idols anyway.

They were hoping to bully the votes.

Don't vote us cause it'll be a waste!

Then...if the crowd still voted one of them...use the super.

They wanted their cake and eat it too...threaten everyone into voting someone else and keep both idols.

Users who are viewing this thread