What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official The Last of Us HBO TV thread***** Pro clicker rights in here! (3 Viewers)

Overall liked the show. Give an 8 out of ten. Some episodes seemed rushed. Needed like 2 more episodes. Not a fan of what they chose to spend whole episodes on over some cool stuff they left out from the game.

Overall liked the show. Give an 8 out of ten. Some episodes seemed rushed. Needed like 2 more episodes. Not a fan of what they chose to spend whole episodes on over some cool stuff they left out from the game.
What cool stuff was left out?

Well if you played the game you would have been mad at several things.
First they spent a whole episode on bills love for another man. I don't mind but it killed so much. It was only briefly touched on in the game. Instead of that you could have had Elle, Joel, and bill going through an infected school fighting zombies and a bloater to find a car battery. It was way cooler than watching 2 guys making out. Maybe that's just me.
They also rushed all the stuff with Joel getting hurt and Elle having to help. Then her interaction with the cannibals. Alot more there. So much more leading to the hospital as well. The game was a better story.

Kind of like the book is always better than the movie. It works for games as well

What cool stuff was left out?

Well if you played the game you would have been mad at several things.
First they spent a whole episode on bills love for another man. I don't mind but it killed so much. It was only briefly touched on in the game. Instead of that you could have had Elle, Joel, and bill going through an infected school fighting zombies and a bloater to find a car battery. It was way cooler than watching 2 guys making out. Maybe that's just me.
They also rushed all the stuff with Joel getting hurt and Elle having to help. Then her interaction with the cannibals. Alot more there. So much more leading to the hospital as well. The game was a better story.

Kind of like the book is always better than the movie. It works for games as well
Agreed 100%

I didn't love the show as much as everyone else did but it was good enough.

Every year Rolling Stone does their lists of best albums, movies, TV shows, etc. Their article this year on the 10 best TV show episodes included one from this show: Long Long Time, which was the Offerman/Bartlett episode.

In The Last of Us video game, players got to meet Bill, a survivalist friend of Joel’s still grieving the loss of his longtime partner Frank. The Last of Us TV show opted to show that relationship, rather than just talk about it, turning almost the entire episode over to guest stars Nick Offerman (as the gruff Bill, who has kept his sexuality a secret until after the world ended) and Murray Bartlett (as Frank, who keeps finding ways to be happy in post-apocalyptic life)
Rolling Stone's list also includes one from Reservation Dogs which I've seen -- Elora's Dad --- which was excellent. The other 8 the mention I can't comment on because I haven't seen them. One is from Succession.

Users who are viewing this thread