What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

anybody know the reason why Darrell needs to wear a poncho now? seemed kind of random
might be for bite protection, and it's not as heavy as riot armor.
Not to be nit picky, but im pretty confident a human can bite through whatever a poncho is made out of.
If it's thick wool it could hold up. Could be so the walker gets a mouthful of poncho and he can pop out of it and get away.

Totally forgot about the phone. LOVE the phone.

Now that they've showed the gladiator fights I remember them being much more dangerous in in the comics. Nothing has happened in these last few episodes that would make me want to be with Ricks group. Guvnor > Rick

So tired of Andrea being such a idiot/push over.. wish the writers would have just left her in the CDC. :thumbdown:

Guessing Michone is brought back by Merle. No way do they take a chance of her telling others about their haven. :popcorn:
Why would they bring her back? I don't see that ever working out. Do agree they don't want her telling anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
So tired of Andrea being such a idiot/push over.. wish the writers would have just left her in the CDC. :thumbdown:

Guessing Michone is brought back by Merle. No way do they take a chance of her telling others about their haven. :popcorn:
Why would they bring her back? I don't see that ever working out. Do agree they don't want her telling anyone.
My guess is she sees them out killing innocents and goes back to save Andrea or they don't like her killing all the walkers in the area so they go and capture her.Or could be she gets in a bad spot and gets rescued by Merle's crew.

Zombie fight club. I bet Dale would feel toothless zombies aren't harmless.

Don't think I could eat an opossum. To me, they've always looked liked an undead rodent.

So, three people died last episode. We did not see Carol's demise though.

I don't think they can stay in the prison much longer. They need food, badly, and other supplies. Something has to give in the way of moving entirely or finding another group.

Loved the Michone scene with her shredding the zombies. Need much more of her in the show. Also a fan of Rick going crazy, he was too much of a stiff before.

So, three people died last episode. We did not see Carol's demise though.I don't think they can stay in the prison much longer. They need food, badly, and other supplies. Something has to give in the way of moving entirely or finding another group.
I think we can't say for sure on Carol yet. I know they want us to think she is dead, but I also don't think we have definitive proof.

So, three people died last episode. We did not see Carol's demise though.I don't think they can stay in the prison much longer. They need food, badly, and other supplies. Something has to give in the way of moving entirely or finding another group.
I think we can't say for sure on Carol yet. I know they want us to think she is dead, but I also don't think we have definitive proof.
There were three grave sites. He put the flower that was mentioned when looking for Sophia on the grave. Carl mentioned "Carol's" name when he was thinking of names for the baby. Carol is gone.Pretty badass that the zombie ate Lori up.

There were three grave sites. He put the flower that was mentioned when looking for Sophia on the grave. Carl mentioned "Carol's" name when he was thinking of names for the baby. Carol is gone.Pretty badass that the zombie ate Lori up.
I'm not ready to conclude she's gone. It seems unlikely that they'd kill off a character without showing how they died. I'm thinking they found a body they thought was hers or dug the grave figuring they'd find the body but didn't so they made a grave anyway. They mention Carol's knife in the preview for the next episode, seems odd they'd bother with that if it is just something like "Oh, there's Carol's knife on the ground."

"This place is not what they say it is." -Michonne

Both Rick and Michonne spend part of "Say the Word" wordlessly slaughtering walkers, but the way in which they each do it, and what we know of their motivations for it, are very different.

Rick is the show's central character, and whatever issues the series may have with servicing the supporting cast, it has always done right by Rick. We know who he is, what he's about, and why he's reacting a certain way in a certain situation. Lori's death — in such a sudden, unexpected way that didn't even give him a chance to say goodbye (their last conversation, as far as we know, was that strained, impersonal one on the bridge in episode 2) — has gutted him, and all you need is one look at the look of anguish and rage on Andrew Lincoln's face to understand why he has to both kill every walker in sight and at least get a look at Lori's corpse for some closure. In this moment, he's not a cop, not a leader, not anything but an animal. For the moment, he's one step above a walker, but only because he can move faster and use a weapon.

We get all of that, and it's powerful. Michonne, on the other hand, is harder to figure. Rick needs catharsis. When Michonne unlocks the gate and starts decapitating zombie fools, she's doing it for... what? Is she, as Andrea suggests later, trying to get kicked out of Woodbury? Does she just need exercise? Is this just an excuse for the show to let her look supremely badass for a few minutes?

Andrea's theory is probably the right one, but the problem is, she knows Michonne a lot better than we do. By introducing a new character immediately before jumping eight months ahead in the story — and a character who speaks little and has facial expressions that hover somewhere between a squint and a scowl — the show all but punted on letting anyone but comic readers get to know and understand Michonne as well as we know Rick, or even newer additions like Hershel and Maggie. And because so much of the Woodbury story to this point has revolved around Michonne's attempt to convince Andrea that this isn't the haven it's made out to be, it's a big problem that one side of the debate — the correct side, it seems — is coming from someone we don't really know, or have reason to trust in the way Andrea does.

"Say the Word" is something of a transitional episode, as the prison group deals with the aftermath of Lori's death and L'il Asskicker's birth, while Michonne finally gets to leave Woodbury right before Andrea starts to realize that her sword-wielding friend might have had a point once she gets a look at Merle's creepy gladiator fight. And the scenes at the prison (or prison-adjacent locales like the abandoned daycare center) were all compelling stuff, while the material at Woodbury felt more uneven in large part because I still don't feel like I know who Michonne is or why I'm supposed to care other than that she does, indeed, look badass when she pulls out that katana.

Some other thoughts:

* Last week, I assumed that Carol was simply missing in action and that the half-eaten body Rick and the others found was T-Dog's. Tonight, though, Glenn and the convicts dig three graves, and Daryl places a Cherokee rose (similar to the one he gave Carol last season during the search for Sophia) on what must be Carol's grave. So is she definitely dead, or are they just guessing and it's a mound of dirt with no body in it?

* It appears that Oscar and Axel have been accepted as part of the group now, as they not only help dig the graves but are entrusted with opening and closing the gate when Daryl and Maggie return. On the other hand, I don't know how comfortable they should get, what with Glenn suggesting he'd trade any number of outsiders for one of their own — and I doubt the newbies get that kind of consideration just yet.

* I liked the idea of Carl suggesting they could name the baby after any of their various fallen female friends, but I have to admit that I'd half-forgotten who several of those people were as their names came up.

* Glad the show didn't just gloss over the fact that, with Lori dead, L'il Asskicker will need formula to survive. That's going to be an ongoing issue, though. I've bottle-fed kids, and that those cans of powder get emptied shockingly quickly.

I'd be down with the kid if he ditched that ridiculous hat.
inorite?If he's old enough to run around with a gun he's too old to play "cowboy".
I hate Carl, but I hear the cast LOVES him.
Never understood the hate for Carl, this is a very difficult acting job for a kid his age to pull off. He also can't help it that the writers came up with some really lame things for him to do.

I dont get it. Carol was saved by tdog. did the fat zombie at the end eat Lori?
yeah he ate Lori's corpse.
I was thinking that the zombie looked nothing like Lori, yet appeared to be pregnant. I just assumed it was Lori. :bag:
That was really poorly done, but I got that they were trying to imply that. The confusing part was that they didn't show her bones anywhere. BTW, what's up with the zombies eating dead things (deer, Lori) all of sudden? Maybe they've been doing it all along but I never noticed it before.

Andrea starts to realize that her sword-wielding friend might have had a point once she gets a look at Merle's creepy gladiator fight.
Yep, nothing creepy about the town before that.

Rick perhaps holding Lori's dead-cold hand would have been a better scene. Rick trying to gut the the zombie to get her remains? Not so much. What purpose did that serve? Was Carl putting a bullit in her head not enough debauchery?

Follow up the best episode of the season with the worst.

* Last week, I assumed that Carol was simply missing in action and that the half-eaten body Rick and the others found was T-Dog's. Tonight, though, Glenn and the convicts dig three graves, and Daryl places a Cherokee rose (similar to the one he gave Carol last season during the search for Sophia) on what must be Carol's grave. So is she definitely dead, or are they just guessing and it's a mound of dirt with no body in it?
What a lousy way to deal with Carol. They spent forever looking for Sophia but Carol is missing for 5 minutes after finding her scarf it's "Well, Carol's dead - somebody dig a symbolic grave". I mean, WTF?

I dont get it. Carol was saved by tdog. did the fat zombie at the end eat Lori?
yeah he ate Lori's corpse.
I was thinking that the zombie looked nothing like Lori, yet appeared to be pregnant. I just assumed it was Lori. :bag:
That was really poorly done, but I got that they were trying to imply that. The confusing part was that they didn't show her bones anywhere. BTW, what's up with the zombies eating dead things (deer, Lori) all of sudden? Maybe they've been doing it all along but I never noticed it before.
They mentioned it in one of the episodes this season, the zombies starve off eventually just much slower - will still eat anything alive. I don't recall any mention of starving in the comic, but the zombies did eat animals.

I'd be down with the kid if he ditched that ridiculous hat.
inorite?If he's old enough to run around with a gun he's too old to play "cowboy".
I hate Carl, but I hear the cast LOVES him.
Never understood the hate for Carl, this is a very difficult acting job for a kid his age to pull off. He also can't help it that the writers came up with some really lame things for him to do.
If you'd read the comics, it's pretty clear that if there hadn't been a Zombie Apocalypse, Carl was well on his way to being a serial killer anyway. This just gives him a forum. I can't wait to see his brains eaten.

could someone in spoilers I guess, explain the whole phone call thing? I was pretty wasted (again) last night and feel like I missed a ton of the episode. Lots of jumping around. So the governor keeps his little girl around and combs her hair?

I am skeptical that the show would kill Carol off (1) after T's sacrifice and (2) without letting us see it. She might be still out there but why stay hidden after the immediate danger has passed?

I can't decide whether the governor is interested in growing his community or enslaving it. I'd want to grow the place as large as I could but then I'm not a guy who's primarily interested in growing his own personal power. There are plenty of psychos who are, though. And what's his troubled scientist up to?

could someone in spoilers I guess, explain the whole phone call thing?
Not a spoiler...purely guessing as I haven't read the comics, but I'm thinking that was all in rick's head. They maybe seemed to be suggesting he was losing a grip on reality

:shrug: If they wanted her dead she'd be dead.. Easily could convince nimrod, aka Andrea, that she got bit. They could bring her back and use her to train others.

I am skeptical that the show would kill Carol off (1) after T's sacrifice and (2) without letting us see it. She might be still out there but why stay hidden after the immediate danger has passed?

I can't decide whether the governor is interested in growing his community or enslaving it. I'd want to grow the place as large as I could but then I'm not a guy who's primarily interested in growing his own personal power. There are plenty of psychos who are, though. And what's his troubled scientist up to?
:goodposting: pretty sure she is still out there.. be it alive or, ala Sophia, a zombie ... Very :confused: why they glossed over her for the entire episode, short of the grave.

:goodposting: pretty sure she is still out there.. be it alive or, ala Sophia, a zombie ... Very :confused: why they glossed over her for the entire episode, short of the grave.
I also suspect that she is still alive. I just cant imagine that they'd kill off a significant character and not show what happened. I suspect that whomever was watching her from the woods when she was practicing C-sections must have either saved or abducted her.

could someone in spoilers I guess, explain the whole phone call thing? I was pretty wasted (again) last night and feel like I missed a ton of the episode. Lots of jumping around. So the governor keeps his little girl around and combs her hair?
In the comics, Rick keeps getting 'phone calls' from Lori. He'll just have conversations with her about his insecurities and fears and what-not. Once he hooks up with a new partner though, the calls end.So, basically, the calls are Rick's decent in to madness.

I also suspect that she is still alive. I just cant imagine that they'd kill off a significant character and not show what happened. I suspect that whomever was watching her from the woods when she was practicing C-sections must have either saved or abducted her.
This makes sense.

In the comics, Rick keeps getting 'phone calls' from Lori. He'll just have conversations with her about his insecurities and fears and what-not. Once he hooks up with a new partner though, the calls end.So, basically, the calls are Rick's decent in to madness.
I think I wish I hadn't read that one.

Very weird episode...on Talking Dead they mentioned that Greg Nicotero directed it and I remember him directing a bad episode from last season. I don't know how much the writing depends on who the director is but the writing was terrible this week. Digging a grave and filling it back up without a body and without a word from anyone onscreen is ridiculous.

Very weird episode...on Talking Dead they mentioned that Greg Nicotero directed it and I remember him directing a bad episode from last season. I don't know how much the writing depends on who the director is but the writing was terrible this week. Digging a grave and filling it back up without a body and without a word from anyone onscreen is ridiculous.
:goodposting: I was trying to figure out the stabbing of the Zombie belly.. Figured that HAD to be the room where Lori was shot, and finding the bullet had me 75% convinced that the zombie ate Lori.. But to not have any bones at all lying around was just a :whoosh: to me.. didn't know the zombies were now eating the bones also.. :unsure:

:goodposting: I was trying to figure out the stabbing of the Zombie belly.. Figured that HAD to be the room where Lori was shot, and finding the bullet had me 75% convinced that the zombie ate Lori.. But to not have any bones at all lying around was just a :whoosh: to me.. didn't know the zombies were now eating the bones also.. :unsure:
i just chalked it up to Rick's state of mind.

Rick perhaps holding Lori's dead-cold hand would have been a better scene. Rick trying to gut the the zombie to get her remains? Not so much. What purpose did that serve? Was Carl putting a bullit in her head not enough debauchery?Follow up the best episode of the season with the worst.
I was watching with my buddy and his wife, and he suggested that Rick was possibly trying to get her wedding ring? :mellow: Of course that was before he just started stabbing, and we thought he was just going to open it up nice N easy.RE: the phone call spoiler...I figured it was going to be that. Even said it to my buddy when it started ringing, after hearing the phantom baby crying.

I've mostly stopped nitpicking the show but there were things in this episode that were highly questionable. It felt like they crammed way too much into it and glossed over too much. Had they spent less time with the Governor and spread Michonne leaving into the next episode they would have had more time to develop what Rick was going through and the reaction of the group to the deaths. I would have ended the scenes in Woodbury with Michonne being found after killing the caged zombies.

Rick perhaps holding Lori's dead-cold hand would have been a better scene. Rick trying to gut the the zombie to get her remains? Not so much. What purpose did that serve? Was Carl putting a bullit in her head not enough debauchery?Follow up the best episode of the season with the worst.
I was watching with my buddy and his wife, and he suggested that Rick was possibly trying to get her wedding ring? :mellow: Of course that was before he just started stabbing, and we thought he was just going to open it up nice N easy.RE: the phone call spoiler...I figured it was going to be that. Even said it to my buddy when it started ringing, after hearing the phantom baby crying.
I didn't think about the wedding ring thing until after but that was probably why he initially wanted to cut into it. However I think the main reason for the zombie belly scene was to symbolize Rick killing the child he knows likely isn't his.

that seems incredibly weak

'pantherclub said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
'pantherclub said:
that seems incredibly weakReally? I think it makes sense.

'cstu said:
'gandalas said:
'Daywalker said:
I didn't think about the wedding ring thing until after but that was probably why he initially wanted to cut into it. However I think the main reason for the zombie belly scene was to symbolize Rick killing the child he knows likely isn't his.
Or he blames the child for her death. Or just stabbing Lori, maybe he had conflicting love and hate emotions.

'Itchy Amos said:
'snogger said:
'roadkill1292 said:

Could be. But the person watching from the would might have been Andrew the prisoner that came back and let the walkers in.

here's what I don't really get....initially, they show us that a bite will infect you and turn you into a zombie.later, we find out that they're all really infected.so --- why don't they either all turn into zombies, or why does the bite turn you into one -- getting bitten doesn't kill you (all the time).
You don't turn into a zombie until you die.When you die, you turn into a zombie regardless of why you died.Zombie bites kill you because of infection. They're lethal, but they're not magical, which is why they were able to save Herchel by chopping off his leg before the infection could spread.
Couldn't you just splash some alcohol on the bite or wash it with salt water?
Seems like zombie bites are as bad or even worse than a komodo dragon bite. Komodo dragons have so much bacteria in their bite, just nipping a water buffalo's leg will eventually kill it.

'identikit said:
'Itchy Amos said:
'snogger said:
'roadkill1292 said:

This makes sense.
I think she's still alive too. Hadn't thought about the person who was watching from the woods but that's a good thought. And if that person happens to be aligned with the Woodbury group and took her back there it could also provide the vehicle to get the two groups together.

The problem with the Governor is that there's no real reason to hate him...or even really dislike him; particularly from Andrea and Michonne's POV. He's making sense on pretty much everything he's saying and doing.

Users who are viewing this thread