What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Thread for Evaluating MC Gas Money's IQ*** (1 Viewer)

That was a really easy test. That can't be a legitimate IQ test. MC -- take that test and prove these haters wrong IMO.

$2000 from FBG

Vs

$500 from MC Minwage.... AND he gets a "I failed an IQ test bet and all I got was this stupid tattoo" neck tattoo.

176+ and MC Minwage gets paid.

175- and MC Minwage gets inked

$2000 is a good place to stop right now. I can raise that in about 6 months.

Now webneed to hammer out the details. Which test? Where? When? Scoring range? Etc

Which test? Where? When? Scoring range? Etc
Answers to each question:

1st grade entrance exam.

Somewhere that doesn't have the Internet and never will again.

Now.

That elementary entrance exam is tough, I'd put your range in the check minus minus to check minus range.

Im happy and I am nit a greedy person.

Lets do this.

I will wager my FBG retirement and no money. You guys put up the money.

If I lose I never post again. I win and the money goes to a charity.

Lets do this.

OUT

I'm not putting up money to lose a poster who amuses me.

Lets do this.

OUTI'm not putting up money to lose a poster who amuses me.
What do you mean I amuse you?

Like some sort of clown?

Wtf is so funny about me?
Yes. Exactly like a clown.
FYP

Lets do this.

OUTI'm not putting up money to lose a poster who amuses me.
What do you mean I amuse you?

Like some sort of clown?

Wtf is so funny about me?
Yes. Exactly like a clown.
Circus, rodeo, or birthday party?

Lets do this.

Your not a greedy person, so you will put up no money and accept money if you win? Your logic and reasoning skills are unmatched, that much is certain.
:loco: He said the money goes to a charity.

Lets do this.

Your not a greedy person, so you will put up no money and accept money if you win? Your logic and reasoning skills are unmatched, that much is certain.
I guess my reading skills are unmatched :doh:

Lets do this.

I guess my reading skills are unmatched :doh:
Since I cant match what you guys want to put up I thought it would be nice to just help out a charity.

I actually have one in mind

You can send it to

The genius foundation for really really smart people who are too advanced to learn too good Institute.

C/o Disposable Youth Designs LLC

In all seriousness....

I would like the money to go tourette syndrome research and the charity the FBG set up in the name of their child that passed.

I cant remember who it was.

Problem:

A man has walked 2/3 of the distance across a railroad bridge when he sees a train approaching him at 45 miles per hour. If he can just manage to escape by running at a uniform speed to either end of the bridge, at what rate of speed must he run to avoid the train?

Problem:

A man has walked 2/3 of the distance across a railroad bridge when he sees a train approaching him at 45 miles per hour. If he can just manage to escape by running at a uniform speed to either end of the bridge, at what rate of speed must he run to avoid the train?
How long is the bridge?

Problem:

How long is the bridge?
What is under the bridge?

Which end is the train approaching from?
You aren't even good at trolling bc nobody is this stupid.

Problem:

How long is the bridge?

Yeah....I am thinking the guy who told him his IQ actually said, "ummm, 76".

Problem:

How long is the bridge?

Yeah....I am thinking the guy who told him his IQ actually said, "ummm, 76".
He thinks he is trolling right now, bc even he isn't this stupid with those questions.

He probably believes he is laying some sort of trap so he can win an extra $218 on some sort of mythical IQ test, which he may actually believe he is smarter than your standard Wharton professor.

Problem:

How long is the bridge?
L1 = Distance he has walked on the bridge so far

L2 = Distance he has not walked yet on the bridge

L3 = Length of Bridge

L3 = L1 + L2 = 1.5 x L1 = 3 x L2

There, I started the problem for you

MC:

Take this test. Took me like 15 minutes: http://www.free-iqtest.net/

I doubt it's very valid, but it could give us a quick idea.

It scored me at 152, which actually is in the right ballpark for me. Take it quickly, don't cheat, and report back your score. Screenshot it even.

ETA: While not timed, the speed with which you answer impacts your score. I got hung up on question 16 for a bit, which cost me some.
138. I'll take it :thumbup:
Same here and I didn't answer (just guessed) any of the "which number doesn't belong or which number comes next" questions.....I don't like wasting my time on these kinds of things. Guess I'm a good guesser.

jon_mx said:
fred_1_15301 said:
The solution requires you show your work. You would get 1/10 even if you were right.
15 mph is the correct answer. It takes him T seconds to run to the closest side of the bridge. It takes him 2T seconds to run to the other side since it is twice the distance at a constant speed. It takes the train T seconds to make it to the bridge. It takes the train 2T seconds to make it to the other side of the bridge. Therefore, the length of the bridge is also the distance the train is from the bridge when he spots it. Since it takes T seconds for him to run 1/3 of the length of the bridge, and takes T seconds for the train to travel the distance of the whole bridge, he must run 1/3rd of the speed of the train. 1/3 of 45 mph is 15 mph.

MC:

Take this test. Took me like 15 minutes: http://www.free-iqtest.net/

I doubt it's very valid, but it could give us a quick idea.

It scored me at 152, which actually is in the right ballpark for me. Take it quickly, don't cheat, and report back your score. Screenshot it even.

ETA: While not timed, the speed with which you answer impacts your score. I got hung up on question 16 for a bit, which cost me some.
138. I'll take it :thumbup:
Same here and I didn't answer (just guessed) any of the "which number doesn't belong or which number comes next" questions.....I don't like wasting my time on these kinds of things. Guess I'm a good guesser.
We've had multiple people take this test, many not too seriously, and I think all but one scored at least in the 130s. It's pretty clear it overestimates IQ. However, our genius hero can't even be bothered.

jon_mx said:
fred_1_15301 said:
The solution requires you show your work. You would get 1/10 even if you were right.
15 mph is the correct answer. It takes him T seconds to run to the closest side of the bridge. It takes him 2T seconds to run to the other side since it is twice the distance at a constant speed. It takes the train T seconds to make it to the bridge. It takes the train 2T seconds to make it to the other side of the bridge. Therefore, the length of the bridge is also the distance the train is from the bridge when he spots it. Since it takes T seconds for him to run 1/3 of the length of the bridge, and takes T seconds for the train to travel the distance of the whole bridge, he must run 1/3rd of the speed of the train. 1/3 of 45 mph is 15 mph.
When my fiance asks me to take out the trash, I'll tell her I'll do it in 2T seconds.

jon_mx said:
fred_1_15301 said:
When my fiance asks me to take out the trash, I'll tell her I'll do it in 2T seconds.
Unfortunately she is probably use to measuring things in seconds.

I think it's safe to assume everyone on this forum has an IQ over 130... Duh. It's the only possible explanation.

True story: chick I know once asked (seriously) how they know where to put all the gas stations. When pushed for the reason for the question, she commented that she recently found out oil comes from the ground, and was now wondering how they identified where it was to build gas stations over it.

A few weeks later she was posting one of those "what's your IQ?" Things on Facebook, bragging that she scored 132.

Pretty sure that's the test MC took.

jon_mx said:
fred_1_15301 said:
Unfortunately she is probably use to measuring things in seconds.
Yup. I'm all about speed. :bowtie:

True story: chick I know once asked (seriously) how they know where to put all the gas stations. When pushed for the reason for the question, she commented that she recently found out oil comes from the ground, and was now wondering how they identified where it was to build gas stations over it.

A few weeks later she was posting one of those "what's your IQ?" Things on Facebook, bragging that she scored 132.

I had a friend who claimed his IQ was north of 150. He used to brag about how under his grandparent's old house, they had found railroad ties that belonged to the original Underground Railroad. I never corrected him because I thought it was funny that he told everyone that story. :lmao:

I had a friend who claimed his IQ was north of 150. He used to brag about how under his grandparent's old house, they had found railroad ties that belonged to the original Underground Railroad. I never corrected him because I thought it was funny that he told everyone that story. :lmao:
:lol:

:lol:
Awesome

Users who are viewing this thread