What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (2 Viewers)

Probably taking my kids this Sunday or next Sunday. If the weather's going to be decent this Sunday, I'll probably just do this week. Prices are looking good right now.

Probably taking my kids this Sunday or next Sunday. If the weather's going to be decent this Sunday, I'll probably just do this week. Prices are looking good right now.
Was thinking the same thing.  Parking has to be the most expensive part of 4 tickets, right?

Was thinking the same thing.  Parking has to be the most expensive part of 4 tickets, right?
I haven't been in a couple years, but I've always parked in cash lot off Barlowe Road for $25. The walk isn't bad. I'm seeing plenty of LL seats (and even some club level) for under $40, some even lower than $30. I may give it a day or two to see if it goes down more before buying some.

Dropping in to say how bad I feel for you guys that have stuck it out with the team, but I admire your dedication.  I haven't watched more than a couple of quarters of Skins ball this year, but of course the radio talk is unavoidable.

From the outside looking in, it's the same issue they've had for 15 years.  The roster decisions are not solid, and they aren't in synch with the schemes being played.  Kirk Cousins is just the latest befuddling move.  Could have signed him on the cheap 2 years ago when he had already proven he could be the QB.  But Allen didn't believe in him nor does he still.  Where are the WRs?  TEs that are injury prone.  No RB.  No dedicated kick returner.  Getting a high priced CB that can't cover man, then playing him in man.  Norman has skills, but he seems wasted in the D schemes. As do some of the DL.  Depth issues all over on Defense and by default Special Teams.

There have been so many decision makers in Snyder's realm that who knows who to blame for anything these past 20 years.

But since 2009 the constant is Bruce Allen.  Even when he's been assigned a different lane, he always gets himself back into the war room.  And he's been even more involved since he back-stabbed Shanny out of town.  Shanny and McCloughan obviously had a lot of say, but when Bruce Allen has control of the contracts and salary cap side of the house like he has for a long time, in end the end that's always the guy that the decision boils down to.  The guy needs to go, but I don't see that happening.

Good luck this offseason to your team.  Should be an interesting Mar - June for you all.

Cheers.

Dropping in to say how bad I feel for you guys that have stuck it out with the team, but I admire your dedication.  I haven't watched more than a couple of quarters of Skins ball this year, but of course the radio talk is unavoidable.

From the outside looking in, it's the same issue they've had for 15 years.  The roster decisions are not solid, and they aren't in synch with the schemes being played.  Kirk Cousins is just the latest befuddling move.  Could have signed him on the cheap 2 years ago when he had already proven he could be the QB.  But Allen didn't believe in him nor does he still.  Where are the WRs?  TEs that are injury prone.  No RB.  No dedicated kick returner.  Getting a high priced CB that can't cover man, then playing him in man.  Norman has skills, but he seems wasted in the D schemes. As do some of the DL.  Depth issues all over on Defense and by default Special Teams.

There have been so many decision makers in Snyder's realm that who knows who to blame for anything these past 20 years.

But since 2009 the constant is Bruce Allen.  Even when he's been assigned a different lane, he always gets himself back into the war room.  And he's been even more involved since he back-stabbed Shanny out of town.  Shanny and McCloughan obviously had a lot of say, but when Bruce Allen has control of the contracts and salary cap side of the house like he has for a long time, in end the end that's always the guy that the decision boils down to.  The guy needs to go, but I don't see that happening.

Good luck this offseason to your team.  Should be an interesting Mar - June for you all.

Cheers.
Dude, I agree with you about Bruce Allen.  But if the Redskins start winning in the future (hey, anything could happen). is this going to be "your team" again, as opposed to just "our team."  For my part, I'm not looking for anyone to feel bad for me for rooting for the Redskins.  That's what I do as a fan...suffer through the bad times and enjoy the good ones.  If and when they win again, it will definitely be sweeter for me having never stopped rooting for the team.  Not trying to be confrontational, because it's a free country and you can root for the team or not root for them...just saying for my part as a fan I'm not looking for anyone to feel bad for me.  This is just what you experience as a fan.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad that as horrible an owner as Snyder is, he keeps making money.  Even with crappy ratings, he will never tank out here because of how the league shares TV revenues.  And as many fans who have stopped going to games, we just see tickets bought up by fans of the other team, filling our stadium.  And Snyder makes all the money in parking, concessions, etc.  

I wonder if it bothers him that he has driven away so many Redskins fans or if he's just happy making a ton of money.  You have to think that a fan boy like him would be bothered by it, but he just doesn't seem to be able to get out of his own way.  

Sad

Dude, I agree with you about Bruce Allen.  But if the Redskins start winning in the future (hey, anything could happen). is this going to be "your team" again, as opposed to just "our team."  For my part, I'm not looking for anyone to feel bad for me for rooting for the Redskins.  That's what I do as a fan...suffer through the bad times and enjoy the good ones.  If and when they win again, it will definitely be sweeter for me having never stopped rooting for the team.  Not trying to be confrontational, because it's a free country and you can root for the team or not root for them...just saying for my part as a fan I'm not looking for anyone to feel bad for me.  This is just what you experience as a fan.  
As an Eagle fan, I totally agreed with this. Of course, I don't have to worry about a crappy owner, just bad karma. Redskins fans can at least remember Joe Gibbs and 3 Super Bowl Championships. I get to look back on......Donovan McNabb Puking when the game was on the line?!

They need to get rid of Allen. Period. This team is going nowhere with him. 
Well unless you are planning on having the fans build and fund that new stadium in Loudon County then better get used to him.  The only reason he is still there

From looking at the crowd, it is good to see that "Silent majority" as company stooge Larry Michael called them came out in full force  

I couldn't watch the game. First one I've missed in a long time. Can someone give me a decent breakdown? AZ just that bad? 

Gabbert = Horrible
He is unbelievably bad. I laughed more during this game than I have in awhile. Almost entirely at Gabbert.

I think this is second week in a row the Skins were penalized for "leverage" during a FG try. That word just needs to get out of any Redskins talk.

am i the only one who hates these wins?  Messing up our draft positioning.  Cousins has a good meaningless game which means he will want more.  :facepalm:

Doctson with 10 targets and 1 catch. 
Ended with 13 targets and 2 catches. One catch on a blown coverage. He’s made some impressive catches and leads the team in TDs, but drops way too many balls and doesn’t seem to be open a lot. 

Hoping for a real ### whooping today. I know it doesn't mean much, but I want to see the Giants cry and beg for mercy. 1 in a row and we still don't go! 8-8! Ain't that great! 8-8! Ain't that great! 

I have been thinking about how it seems like Cousins is bad in bad/cold weather. Maybe I will look at those splits soon. 

In other somewhat-Redskin-related news:  The 49'ers, considered a sure home for Cousins in 2018, are beating the Rams 20-3 at halftime. It would/will be the 49'ers 5th straight win under Garoppolo.  The team they're beating, the Rams, is coached by Sean McVay and will be in the playoffs. Todd Bowles had his HC contract extended by the Jets.

I'd rather start 0-11 and end 5-11 than have the season the Skins just had. I'd rather have McVay or Bowles as HC than Gruden. Here we are, 7-9 with a middling draft position, after being beaten by a team with 3 total wins.

edited to add: Kyle Shanahan's team won their last 5 games. Wade Phillips is DC for Sean McVay.

This shtick where we pretend that Kirk Cousins is any good never tires.  Can't wait until the Browns make him the highest paid QB.  
I've been trying to warn them. But they seem to love the idea of Kirk coming there. As I posted today, he saved them at least a few hundred thousand a year with today's performance.

I'm extremely over Gruden and this entire regime under Allen
So am I. It's a guaranteed struggle every year for mediocrity. Gruden is, at best, a mediocre coach. He can coach a good passing offense. That's it. Not a good rushing offense. Not a good "do what it takes to win this game" offense. And his defensive coordinators have all led bottom-half defenses here. He has no sense of momentum, he panics when he falls behind by 7 points, he blunders with clock management almost every game.

So am I. It's a guaranteed struggle every year for mediocrity. Gruden is, at best, a mediocre coach. He can coach a good passing offense. That's it. Not a good rushing offense. Not a good "do what it takes to win this game" offense. And his defensive coordinators have all led bottom-half defenses here. He has no sense of momentum, he panics when he falls behind by 7 points, he blunders with clock management almost every game.

Agree with everything you say here. 

Our ceiling with Gruden and Cousins and a healthy team is 9-7 or so, maybe 10-6 if things break right and we have good offseasons. With Gruden and no Cousins, unless we luck into a rookie QB phenom, I shudder to think what our floor is. 

Most importantly, this team and rooting for it under Gruden just isn't fun. They're streaky in execution and effort. They are under-prepared and sloppy and undisciplined. 4 years in even with the same QB and offense we're pretty middle of the road. We flash and have hot streaks and great halves but that's about it. Numbers without wins to show for it. 

Most importantly, this team and rooting for it under Gruden just isn't fun. They're streaky in execution and effort. They are under-prepared and sloppy and undisciplined. 4 years in even with the same QB and offense we're pretty middle of the road. We flash and have hot streaks and great halves but that's about it. Numbers without wins to show for it. 
Those things alone should get a coach fired.

i want alan gone.  Let the new guy decide.  But i want to foucs on the D.  If we can get Kirk for a reasonable amount, im ok with that.  Otherwise, im good with him walking. 

While we are at it, what are the chances Danny boy gets caught up in a sex scandal/accusation and sells the team? 

dgreen said:
I wouldn’t just fire him, but I would be ok with replacing him if you were confident you could get a top coach. 
Just out of curiosity, what should we be expecting this "top coach" to accomplish with this franchise that, say, three of the all time winning-est coaches couldn't accomplish?

Users who are viewing this thread