What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** White Sox 2012 Thread (3 Viewers)

The offense tanking is just puzzling. HR or nothing? Tigers in the cat bird but the way this is going they will get a beating tonight.

My god does Omgrosso stink.

Super lucky to get out of that inning with this thing still tied.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's painful. Sox are going to win by two or three games though, Tigers are done.
Dirks pulls a Rios... What is the Tigers magic number?
lol, don't put it on me this team still stinks. Leyland gave away two runs early tonight and Prince dropped an easy pop foul. Listening to the White Sox radio team, I just can't stomach the Indians guys for even one more out. Terrible.

A little birdie has told me that AJ cleaned out his locker two days ago..........sending everything home(most likely forever).

Looks like at least one member of the Sox has thrown in the towel.

'Wrigley said:
A little birdie has told me that AJ cleaned out his locker two days ago..........sending everything home(most likely forever). Looks like at least one member of the Sox has thrown in the towel.
:(Finally starting to set in that this collapse actually hurts. Was rather indifferent to it a couple of days ago, now that it's becoming a reality, this sucks.It's not epic. Hell, there were two worse ones just last year alone (Red Sox / Braves). But around here, regardless of which side of town, we really haven't seen something like this in our lifetimes unless you were alive in '69.

Things looked promising but to me that Angels series really was the kick in the ribs. The team just could not match up to teams that were coming on desperate for a playoff berth (LAA and TB) as well as the typical puzzling division losses to KC, the Tribe and the Tigers. The stop gap players that Kenny brought in eventually ran out of gas (excluding KY). I thought that the team started to lean too much on the HR ball and strayed from manufacturing runs abd AGAIN fell into a bad pattern of getting great pitching only to see the offense tank. The braintrust has some work to do to up the ante for this team in 2013...

While I agree , the magic number is 1. Heading to the golf course after a failed playoff run is better than playin 162 for nuthin.

The start of a new season: Sox make moves to extend Floyd and Peavy as well as doing a study to reduce prices at the ball park.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal hears that Jeff Keppinger's three-year deal with the White Sox is worth around $12 million.This is right in line with estimates we have heard over the past 24 hours. The White Sox bought high on Keppinger after he batted .325/.367/.439 with nine homers, 40 RBI and an .806 OPS this past season. The 32-year-old broke his right fibula when he fell down a flight of stairs at his house, but he should be ready to be the ChiSox regular third baseman in 2013.
:wub:

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal hears that Jeff Keppinger's three-year deal with the White Sox is worth around $12 million.This is right in line with estimates we have heard over the past 24 hours. The White Sox bought high on Keppinger after he batted .325/.367/.439 with nine homers, 40 RBI and an .806 OPS this past season. The 32-year-old broke his right fibula when he fell down a flight of stairs at his house, but he should be ready to be the ChiSox regular third baseman in 2013.
He hits lefties well but making him an everyday corner infielder seems pretty ambitious. Maybe Robin Ventura can play third against RHP.

He hits lefties well but making him an everyday corner infielder seems pretty ambitious. Maybe Robin Ventura can play third against RHP.
He hit .302 vs RHP last year

He hit .302 vs RHP last year
.269/.321/.358 over his career. I always liked Keppinger in Cincinnati and Houston (until he stunk it up during his two month residency in SF); maybe he figured it all out at the age of 32. He's a pretty high regression risk but even so, $4M/yr. isn't bad for a guy who can get on base and play multiple positions.

Users who are viewing this thread