What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Will Brett Favre retire?" thread*** (1 Viewer)

"Offical (sic)?" "Farve (sic)?" Seriously?

Unless you have a link get this crap out of the SP.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just said in the press conference that he "won't decide for months"
Here's my prediction for the Viking's off-season:Favre has a teary-eyed press conference in late April to announce his retirement. In May rumors start to circulate about Favre coming back and Favre texts ESPN that he doesn't know where these things come from :cough: Bus Cooke. July the speculation grows even larger. Scott Favre, Bus Cooke, Bonita Favre, a Favre family friend, Favre's dog's vet, the guy that fixes the Favre lawn mower, all deny the rumors while Brett throws passes to high school receivers. 3 weeks into training camp, Chilly calls Brett and Favre agrees to come back. The Vikings owner picks up Brett at the airport.

The guy left everything on the field. I am proud of how he played and proud that he chose to play this season for the Vikings. I could care less how long it takes him to decide: if he wants to play he has a place to play in MN. The Vikes could easily have won that game and Favre was a big reason why we dominated for most of the game.

The guy left everything on the field. I am proud of how he played and proud that he chose to play this season for the Vikings. I could care less how long it takes him to decide: if he wants to play he has a place to play in MN. The Vikes could easily have won that game and Favre was a big reason why we dominated for most of the game.
Of course you don't mind if he waits until an hour before the first game to decide. You don't have someone like say...Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings.

After the guts I saw from Favre tonight I'll never complain about his flip flopping about retirement again. The man made a terrible decision by not running for the first down, but hell, he could hardly walk.

I would be saying the same thing if my QB in waiting was TJax...I just dont think he'll retire unless the hits he took today really take a toll on him this week. I always read about players saying that Monday morning is absolutely hell, and they're spry 20somethings. A 41 year old is beyond pushing those limits.

But if he can bounce back and convince his body to keep going, you know he's going to play another year. The team around him is too good not too.

Favre is a warrior and if he gets the itch to play again I hope he comes back in 2010. He makes the games more exciting, even if I'm a Packers homer hoping the Vikings fail miserably.

I hope he comes back. Favre is great entertainment. I'm glad he's not the Packers' problem anymore, but would love to see him back for the Vikings.

Looked pretty beat up at the press conference, and has mentioned it's been a long season. Who knows though, the guy hates training camp and can he really fake a retirement again to get out of it?

Also, just curious...why did his limp go away when the plays started?

I think he earned the right to take as long as he wants to decide.

He walked in "at the last minute" this year and elevated many of the players' games. Guys who will be better next season (think Rice, for example) whether he plays or not.

They faced a very good team tonight and I do not think he played poorly. There were a lot of others on the Vikings team that let them down worse than he did, but that is playoff football. An OT loss in the NFC Championship game is not much to be ashamed of.

Retire 4 times and unretire 5, I will still respect him and I would think every Viking fan would still be happy to have him back. It is the media I get sick of more than his indecisiveness, and the media is who I wil blame.

Looked pretty beat up at the press conference, and has mentioned it's been a long season. Who knows though, the guy hates training camp and can he really fake a retirement again to get out of it?Also, just curious...why did his limp go away when the plays started?
I kept expecting to see him jog back on the field with a bloody sock...

And once again his last pass ever thrown could be a pick.. :lol:
If he does retire, he'll have thrown in INT as his last pass for 3 different teams.
At least he didn't have it for 4. His college career ended on a fumble :) "He drove the Eagles all the way down to the NC State 20-yard line with eight seconds left. On the final play of the game and the last play of Favre’s collegiate career, the star quarterback was flushed out of the pocket and chased to the sidelines by defensive end Corey Edmond. In desperation, Favre fumbled the ball forward and out of bounds, trying to stop the clock."

Source: 1990 All American Bowl article on NC State Website

-QG

Looked pretty beat up at the press conference, and has mentioned it's been a long season. Who knows though, the guy hates training camp and can he really fake a retirement again to get out of it?

I noticed that too, it's called a "Kobe Bryant"

I noticed that too, it's called a "Kobe Bryant"
it's also know as "Every Pro Soccer Player in the World"

Das Boot said:
az_prof said:
I could care less how long it takes him to decide
Unless of course the Vikings want to draft a QB.
We draft a QB REGARDLESS of his staus. Unlike the Rams we have 1 hole to fill if he hangs it up.Actually TJax doesn't look to bad compared to bulger right now.

Why do so many care about this? I guess my only problem with it is that it dominates sports talk radio and TV, otherwise, who cares what Brett Favre does?

Why do so many care about this? I guess my only problem with it is that it dominates sports talk radio and TV, otherwise, who cares what Brett Favre does?
Mostly the same people who care what any athlete does. In this case, Minnesota fans and those of us who like to watch legendary players in any sport seem to care for "good" reasons. And of course the people who have nothing better to do than make fun of people in the spotlight will care so they can poke fun.

Das Boot said:
az_prof said:
We draft a QB REGARDLESS of his staus. Unlike the Rams we have 1 hole to fill if he hangs it up.Actually TJax doesn't look to bad compared to bulger right now.
TJ might actually be okay but if a decent QB falls to them they almost have to take him.

cstu said:
The Westin said:
Adrenaline.
:no: some of you act like you've never played competitive sports. Even when I run a marathon or triathlon, the injury tends to not feel as bad while you're competing. Afterwards, there's hell to pay.

JohnnyU said:
After the guts I saw from Favre tonight I'll never complain about his flip flopping about retirement again. The man made a terrible decision by not running for the first down, but hell, he could hardly walk.
Eh. They had to practically carry you up and down the field at the end - Favre's just trying to make it look that way for drama purposes.

cstu said:
The Westin said:
Adrenaline.
:unsure: some of you act like you've never played competitive sports. Even when I run a marathon or triathlon, the injury tends to not feel as bad while you're competing. Afterwards, there's hell to pay.
I've played sports and played through pain.....but if there's a limp....it doesn't disappear when the clock starts and reappear when it stops.

I'd say this is my biggest problem with it. You watch the AFC Championship game, and sure they talk about Manning some but there's always so much more than just that to talk about in a given game so they don't go overboard with it. With Favre they have to analyze every hit from 3 angles, play up how bad he's faking injury, over and over and over again all game long. Every single wince on the sideline is documented - they can't even spend the time to show you a replay of what the Saints did because we need to see every moment of Brett's pain in detail. His wife's reaction to each of these is played over in slow motion. It's really just annoying.

People care because it has a huge fantasy impact. I'd move Sidney Rice ASAP. If, and when Favre retires, Rice will drop from a WR1 to a WR3/4.

Rice is the ultimate sell high candidate I have ever seen. He is a good player and all, but with out Favre he is nothing.

Das Boot said:
az_prof said:
Favre retiring or not should have absolutely no impact on whether they draft a QB. They know they'd most likely only get one more year out of him anyway, so they should be looking toward the future when it comes to the QB position, regardless of whether Favre returns.

Das Boot said:
az_prof said:
Favre retiring or not should have absolutely no impact on whether they draft a QB or not. They know they'd most likely only get one more year out of him anyway, so they should be looking toward the future when it comes to the QB position, regardless of whether Favre returns.
Plus, if they do get a young QB and Favre sticks around there'll be the added bonus of all the stories we get about what a jerk Favre is towards him. Win-win.

VTjkru said:
az_prof said:
I would be saying the same thing if my QB in waiting was TJax...I just dont think he'll retire unless the hits he took today really take a toll on him this week. I always read about players saying that Monday morning is absolutely hell, and they're spry 20somethings. A 41 year old is beyond pushing those limits.

But if he can bounce back and convince his body to keep going, you know he's going to play another year. The team around him is too good not too.
So Rosenfels is gone then? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread