What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official WIS Sim XIII Draft Thread - The HoVG (1 Viewer)

For some reason ... Russ Ford is missing from my sheets :confused:
May have him confused with Whitey?...there were a couple of guys in the WIS spreadsheets that the only way to tell the difference is in their Master ID
Odd. His really good eligible year (not his Federal League) wasn't on my cheatsheet either
I was thinking maybe that was because he didn't have six eligible seasons for Sim X. But then I checked some other players who might be in that situation and they're on there.

For some reason ... Russ Ford is missing from my sheets :confused:
May have him confused with Whitey?...there were a couple of guys in the WIS spreadsheets that the only way to tell the difference is in their Master ID
Odd. His really good eligible year (not his Federal League) wasn't on my cheatsheet either
Just to be clear: Eephus and I are using differently-sourced sheets....

I PMed pumpnick a little earlier. I should e-mail him, too.

EDIT: thought I had his e-mail addy, but I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
weekend plans?Mike is bartending tomorrow night
probably hang local with Tairyn. Been out of town all but one day since last Thursday and other than that week been on the road like 70% of my time I not more last two pls months. Still don't have my car back from when I broke down a month ago in NYC but Infiniti is going to eat the rest of my lease so I'll begin a new lease prob sat. Same car just an 09 not 08

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Eephus, oso diablo, Pumpnick, SoCalBroncoFan

:bye:

Looked at Mitchell. He was awesome for me last SIM.

Can't access Eeph's link via my phone, but assume it is the girlfriend's cat story.

BADASS

2.08 John Tudor, SP
I was debating between Tudor and Williams for my last pick. Decided to go with the bat as I already have a pitcher, but already starting to second guess myself. Two excellent starters at the top of the rotation would be a nice thing to have.

on Monday, when the clock starts, i'll be driving 10 hours to Memphis to start my new job (first day is wed 11/11). i guess the best thing to do, if my turn comes up, is to send me a PM or a text (can give # by pm), and i'll do my best to respond.

would guess i'll be on the road from 9am ET until 9pm CT. stopping for an early dinner in Nashville with my daughter in college.

thanks for the accommodation, and here's hoping the new company doesn't block fbg.

on Monday, when the clock starts, i'll be driving 10 hours to Memphis to start my new job (first day is wed 11/11). i guess the best thing to do, if my turn comes up, is to send me a PM or a text (can give # by pm), and i'll do my best to respond.
You're only one pick away right now. LarryBoy is before you ... might be able to get him to pick sometime later today so you can get your second-rounder in.After that, since you're in the middle of the order, you probably won't come back up OTC anytime Monday (with a 2-hour clock, a full round in one day would be ambitious).

Just PMed and e-mailed Larry ... with luck, he'll pick, and then oso diablo can get his in before Monday.

You're only one pick away right now. LarryBoy is before you ... might be able to get him to pick sometime later today so you can get your second-rounder in.After that, since you're in the middle of the order, you probably won't come back up OTC anytime Monday (with a 2-hour clock, a full round in one day would be ambitious).
one hour clock

Just PMed and e-mailed Larry ... with luck, he'll pick, and then oso diablo can get his in before Monday.
thanks. assumed i'd make my 2nd pick before monday; was worried about 3rd round +. of course, so far, this is :molassesdraft:

One hour clock runs Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM in the drafter's local time zone.

I thought west coast started at 8 over our last couple drafts, so the pick would at least be due by noon eastern. Need seperate drafts for the westies

in doing a bit of research for this thing, the first thing that jumps out at me is that Mark McGwire had a number of outstanding seasons. here's a guy who led the AL in homers, and had a 987 OPS (that's a 164 OPS+), as a rookie in 1987. Whether we took 1 season, 3 seasons, or 6 seasons, McGwire looks like the easy #1 offensive pick in this format.

i don't want to get into a PED debate. but i hope McGwire doesn't end up as the fall guy on this. I am fully convinced that Clemens/Bonds are going to get into the HOF, and i'm on record that once Bonds gets voted in, those voters who have black-balled McGwire for PED will then shrug and say ok, the gates are open, and he'll get in within 2 years of Bonds. but i also fear he'll be forgotten by then. and i don't think that's right.

in doing a bit of research for this thing, the first thing that jumps out at me is that Mark McGwire had a number of outstanding seasons. here's a guy who led the AL in homers, and had a 987 OPS (that's a 164 OPS+), as a rookie in 1987. Whether we took 1 season, 3 seasons, or 6 seasons, McGwire looks like the easy #1 offensive pick in this format.

i don't want to get into a PED debate. but i hope McGwire doesn't end up as the fall guy on this. I am fully convinced that Clemens/Bonds are going to get into the HOF, and i'm on record that once Bonds gets voted in, those voters who have black-balled McGwire for PED will then shrug and say ok, the gates are open, and he'll get in within 2 years of Bonds. but i also fear he'll be forgotten by then. and i don't think that's right.
I think McGwire will be the first one to get in (if any of them do) from this era. Becoming the Cards hitting coach is just stage 1 of his "rehabilitation" (if you want to call it that). It becomes increasingly hard for baseball writers to keep him out of the HOF if he's still employed (as a coach no less) for a MLB team. Unlike Bonds and Clemens, McGwire is much more of a tragic character in all this as opposed to an outright criminal. Having said that I don't think he was necessarily "clean" during his A's days.

While I had him as thte #1 guy overall, he does get dinged in this for his high K rate especially. That was especially true in previous sims with a much larger percentage of K pitchers so it'll be interestign to see how much his performance improves.

I thought west coast started at 8 over our last couple drafts, so the pick would at least be due by noon eastern. Need seperate drafts for the westies
We'll extend clock hours to 8AM-8PM later in the draft

Since the first pick was made, 117 hours have passed and a total of 35 players have been selected. This works out to 3.3 hours per pick.

With 565 picks remaining, that means it will take 1,865 hours to get done, or 78 days, so we are slated to finish up the draft on January 26th.

In a semi-related note, it seems I am not much interested in doing actual work this morning.

Since the first pick was made, 117 hours have passed and a total of 35 players have been selected. This works out to 3.3 hours per pick.With 565 picks remaining, that means it will take 1,865 hours to get done, or 78 days, so we are slated to finish up the draft on January 26th.In a semi-related note, it seems I am not much interested in doing actual work this morning.
Greco will be back by then!

Since the first pick was made, 117 hours have passed and a total of 35 players have been selected. This works out to 3.3 hours per pick.With 565 picks remaining, that means it will take 1,865 hours to get done, or 78 days, so we are slated to finish up the draft on January 26th.In a semi-related note, it seems I am not much interested in doing actual work this morning.
Greco will be back by then!
Maybe

Now Jan. 28.

Users who are viewing this thread