What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OG Members Check In (1 Viewer)

Profile says my 20 year anniversary is next month, but not sure if that is the same time that @Chemical X posted in RotoJunkie "Any FBGs In Here?", because that single post pulled me over here.
Holy crap same here. That and that Bob guy acting really out of line back then.
Bhob. That's a blast from the past.

It's weird, I was in an auction league with a bunch of those guys and now I see Jason Collette and Paul Sporer on ESPN and FantasyPros making money talking about magic baisbol.
Collette is a good dude. Used to go by moonlight j here. We went to some Rays games together back in the day.

Haven’t heard the name Paul Sporer in years. He was practically a kid back in my rotojunkie days.

So having never actually cornholed with anyone here...what is the protocol? Do you go by user names or do you get to know and use real names? Some of them probably flow or are actually some variation of their real name but I feel like it would be odd to call someone GM or Disco Stu in person for any amount of time.

Just always wondered that. I had hoped to meet up with wikkid someday, but would have called him Dale at that point. I've had a handful of friends call me Jayrod from time to time, but it was never that common.
Having hung in a sports bar with @BassNBrew, you gotta go real name. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of English beers on your table.

There have been many thready and posts I have read that I Laughed out loud to and got a confused look from my wife. I would read the post to her and would still get the :confused: look. :shrug:
My wife doesn’t even blink an eye anymore. She often says, “where’d you hear that, Fbgs?” Or..”why don’t you ask your friends on Fbgs”. 😂😂

There have been many thready and posts I have read that I Laughed out loud to and got a confused look from my wife. I would read the post to her and would still get the :confused: look. :shrug:
My wife doesn’t even blink an eye anymore. She often says, “where’d you hear that, Fbgs?” Or..”why don’t you ask your friends on Fbgs”. 😂😂

My wife probably says once a week "why don't you ask your football buddies?"

my wife calls you guys "your football nerd friends"

You all are my "internet friends." "Dad, what did your internet friends think for that season finale of Alone?"

Profile says my 20 year anniversary is next month, but not sure if that is the same time that @Chemical X posted in RotoJunkie "Any FBGs In Here?", because that single post pulled me over here.
Holy crap same here. That and that Bob guy acting really out of line back then.
Bhob. That's a blast from the past.

It's weird, I was in an auction league with a bunch of those guys and now I see Jason Collette and Paul Sporer on ESPN and FantasyPros making money talking about magic baisbol.
Collette is a good dude. Used to go by moonlight j here. We went to some Rays games together back in the day.

Haven’t heard the name Paul Sporer in years. He was practically a kid back in my rotojunkie days.

Crazy. Sporer appears on a show on VSiN, an online/radio sports wagering network. He gives MLB opinions, and has worked to be able to fit his opinions into the gambling world. I could care less about his gambling opinions, but I have found him one of the more likable people to listen talk about MLB.

Apparently his Twitch presence is quite lucrative...to the point where he has many many people watching him set his VIDEO GAME LINEUPS. :lmao:

I know I was here before 9/11 because I remember the "Let's Nuke 'Em All" thread (I also remember the "How Do Blind People Know When They Are Done Wiping" thread). I'm thinking it was well before that (like, a year or more), but memory can play games with us.

I'm gonna be 61 next month. Let's see.... I was just out of a divorce when I first arrived here. I was with THE ONE (who got away), remarried someone else a couple of years later, got divorced AGAIN, dealt with various maladies that I thought were gonna kill me, gone through several iterations of my job (acquisitions upon acquisitions), moved a bunch of times, and made lifelong friends from this place.
I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane and the updates but one thing has been eating at me since this was posted and I haven't been able to sleep since. I don't remember this thread so how do blind people know when they are done wiping?

I was on ol' yeller, but changed my username during the migration to the "new" boards. I likely joined in late 2001, as I don't recall 9/11 logging on here. I'm pretty sure that ol' yeller migration happened in late 2002 or early 2003, since I remember timing the log in from my lab computer. As noted by 'hack, there were some good cornholes there and I even hosted an in-person FBG only fantasy draft at my place in Midtown back in 2004 or so. I honestly don't remember who all was there.

Wherever you are, Hipple, you'll always live forever in my memories.

Anyway, this place has been a big part of my life and I can genuinely count FBGs as real life good friends. I joined over 20 years ago as a 21 year old kid, and now I think adulting sucks.

Since joining, I moved from the Bay Area to Atlanta to Madrid, back to the Bay and finally to Baltimore where I've been for *gasp* 12 years! I'm now 42 with twin 9 year olds and trying not to be fat.

I remember signing up at old yeller with and almost immediately being enamored Smoo, scorchy, scoob, beckster, happy schnapps, shiny etc. I laughed uncontrollably when happy posted about installing a garbage disposal in his shower, so that he could not only pee in there, but also .. well you know. Still kills me today.

I was a pretty regular poster up until about 2012-ish, but never really a volume poster even before that. About then, I found myself too busy to check much during the day. So it kinda drifted away. I'd stop in every now and then, but I didn't really know that many people anymore. But in the last year or so, it seems like I see a lot of my old school favorites still here. So I pop in at least once per day and see what's going on. Still don't post a whole lot, but always get a few laughs.
I’ve been here long enough that I remember talking about the Kings in the NBA thread with you the last time they were good. :oldunsure:

I came over with the exodus from the Huddle boards when they turned their board into subscription-only
Yes, that's what brought me here too. I had been there and FFToday, the latter of which wasn't really my kind of vibe (and still isn't), and when the Huddle announced their move, the commish of my main league told me he was migrating here, so I did too. EDIT: I was also on Rotojunkie back then, and have been there on and off over the years. It was the first ever message board I registered for, and I used my real first name as my username, because I had no idea yet that you probably shouldn't do that. But my arrival here had nothing to do with Rotojunkie or the post that caused others to migrate. EDIT 2: Yes, my real first name is not Pip.

I also remember the rush to 3-digit member numbers during the 2003 switchover, but I didn't care enough to re-register right away, so I was in the 3000s, I think.

Last edited:
I was on this forum every single day when I moved into the dorms in 2001. Usually it was the minimized browser window I popped up when I hit the pre fold button on PokerStars.
Pretty sure the hardest I’ve laughed was the colonblow diaries from Vivian Darkbloom. Now I get my own colonoscopies.

In something that could only happen on this board and in this city, I built a house in 2015 with my wife and kids and by pure chance recognized my next door neighbor because of meeting up with him from Fbg years earlier. We used to laugh so much in the driveway about old threads.

Pretty much similar story as everyone else. I spend most of my time working and coaching youth sports. I do still play a lot of fantasy sports, but I got more into dfs and less into season long.

In something that could only happen on this board and in this city, I built a house in 2015 with my wife and kids and by pure chance recognized my next door neighbor because of meeting up with him from Fbg years earlier. We used to laugh so much in the driveway about old threads.

The random recognition stuff is always fun. I have a black eyed Joe decal on my laptop and I have people pretty regularly say they're FBG subscribers.

The random recognition stuff is always fun. I have a black eyed Joe decal on my laptop and I have people pretty regularly say they're FBG subscribers.
The black eyed Joe hat from back in the day was a great fit. Hard to explain why but it was softer than most hats.

Who??

Not an OG, but I've been here since '05. Never knew about FBG until a band of you guys (some clown named Zippy-something seemed to be the main instigator) took a field trip over to the site I frequented. I showed up here with the intention of returning the favor but immediately realized I was outclassed, yet the vibe here was better than other place, so I stayed. The only real-life interaction I've had so far was when I randomly met Jeff Pasquino. He was wearing a t-shirt with the FBG logon on it, I recognized it and asked him about it. I still have his business card in my wallet. First and only time my online and real worlds have collided.

Highlights for me here would be the soccer threads, the whiskey threads, the drafts we held to pass the time during covid, the Movie Club thread, sharing my son's baseball exploits as well as reading about others' travails with youth sports, and like many of you, enjoying the greatness of and mourning the loss of wikkid. Also miss the occasional Friday thread that would turn hilarious.

So having never actually cornholed with anyone here...what is the protocol? Do you go by user names or do you get to know and use real names? Some of them probably flow or are actually some variation of their real name but I feel like it would be odd to call someone GM or Disco Stu in person for any amount of time.

Just always wondered that. I had hoped to meet up with wikkid someday, but would have called him Dale at that point. I've had a handful of friends call me Jayrod from time to time, but it was never that common.
I’ve had a few cornholes and it depends. I’m usually just called “Woz” - though it’s about 50/50 whether I have to correct pronunciation (it’s a short “o”). I’m good with it because it’s also my nickname IRL. Some guys on here have similar situations with their user names.

For the guys that don’t, I let them introduce themselves and will call them what they say. However, by the third or fourth beer I usually devolve into calling them their FBG name. I find them better than the usual run of the mill white guy names anyway.

I know I was here before 9/11 because I remember the "Let's Nuke 'Em All" thread (I also remember the "How Do Blind People Know When They Are Done Wiping" thread). I'm thinking it was well before that (like, a year or more), but memory can play games with us.

I'm gonna be 61 next month. Let's see.... I was just out of a divorce when I first arrived here. I was with THE ONE (who got away), remarried someone else a couple of years later, got divorced AGAIN, dealt with various maladies that I thought were gonna kill me, gone through several iterations of my job (acquisitions upon acquisitions), moved a bunch of times, and made lifelong friends from this place.
I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane and the updates but one thing has been eating at me since this was posted and I haven't been able to sleep since. I don't remember this thread so how do blind people know when they are done wiping?
Why a proof reader of course...

I believe I joined the board way back in 2004 but I do remember being here prior to that. I was part of an exodus from Ant Sports….remember that place? I think I was in 14 dynasty leagues in 2004. We are down to 1 these days lol.

I was 34 years young in 2004.

53 today still married (will be forever) and my son is turning 18 on the 23rd and headed off to play college baseball in Raleigh NC at William Peace University.

I love my field of work (wealth management) and don’t see my self ever stopping as long as my brain works. I love it too much.

Still jamming my guitar and my son is a killer ridiculous progressive rock drummer. We have a home studio/jam
room set up and have a session every weekend. I will miss those when he is off to college this Fall.

Life is good and I have no complaints other than all the rotten miserable people/drivers who have invaded my once beloved South Florida.

I will see where life is at in 7-8 years and decide if I will move outta Florida and head to North Carolina…..it’s the first time in my life I ever considered leaving South Florida…..it’s just not the same anymore.

Been around since Ole Yeller, probably around 2001 because I remember being in HS when I joined. I used to look up to guys like Otis and Dentist and learned what NOT to do with women from Woz. Now it's all colonoscopies and similar fun stuff. Since you all got old, now I have a couple of little ones to keep me young.

Been around since Ole Yeller, probably around 2001 because I remember being in HS when I joined. I used to look up to guys like Otis and Dentist and learned what NOT to do with women from Woz. Now it's all colonoscopies and similar fun stuff. Since you all got old, now I have a couple of little ones to keep me young.
:hot:

ETA: But, to be clear, I still did things with them!

Last edited:

Mine is still on my ski helmet

I remember signing up at old yeller with and almost immediately being enamored Smoo, scorchy, scoob, beckster, happy schnapps, shiny etc. I laughed uncontrollably when happy posted about installing a garbage disposal in his shower, so that he could not only pee in there, but also .. well you know. Still kills me today.

I was a pretty regular poster up until about 2012-ish, but never really a volume poster even before that. About then, I found myself too busy to check much during the day. So it kinda drifted away. I'd stop in every now and then, but I didn't really know that many people anymore. But in the last year or so, it seems like I see a lot of my old school favorites still here. So I pop in at least once per day and see what's going on. Still don't post a whole lot, but always get a few laughs.
I’ve been here long enough that I remember talking about the Kings in the NBA thread with you the last time they were good. :oldunsure:

Yeah, that's been a long, long time ago.

I remember the weeks long debate on old yeller in 2002 with a bunch of Laker fans who thought game 6 of the WCF was perfectly legit. It was them against the world, quite literally.

I remember the weeks long debate on old yeller in 2002 with a bunch of Laker fans who thought game 6 of the WCF was perfectly legit. It was them against the world, quite literally.

Die hard Kobe Bryant fan here who knew the truth. I hated the Kings so much I didn’t care.

I just went back and watched and I still don’t like them. Mike Bibby, Scot Pollard, Vlade “I brought flopping into the league” Divac , Webber, everyone of them are miserable and unlikable. ETA Douuuuuug Christie!!! :x

Last edited:

Die hard Kobe Bryant fan here who knew the truth. I hated the Kings so much I didn’t care.

I just went back and watched and I still don’t like them. Mike Bibby, Scot Pollard, Vlade “I brought flopping into the league” Divac , Webber, everyone of them are miserable and unlikable.
:hifive:

Cheatsheeter and Ole Yeller here as well... has to be at least 25 years. I've lost, gained, re-lost and re-gained more weight here than anyone but Otis I'd bet. Empty nester with the oldest son engaged and middle son pretty close to it as well. Wife has 2 jobs in retail and I WFH in IT. Still recovering emotionally and financially from my youngest son's battle with cancer that took his life 3+ years ago. FFA is my safe place :biggrin: I feel as close to many of you that I do IRL friends. Started as a FF source but eventually became a community.
If I remember correctly you helped me find a sportsbar while I was in North Carolina for a seminar, a place I could watch football on Sundays. Am I mis-remembering?

Cheatsheeter and Ole Yeller here as well... has to be at least 25 years. I've lost, gained, re-lost and re-gained more weight here than anyone but Otis I'd bet. Empty nester with the oldest son engaged and middle son pretty close to it as well. Wife has 2 jobs in retail and I WFH in IT. Still recovering emotionally and financially from my youngest son's battle with cancer that took his life 3+ years ago. FFA is my safe place :biggrin: I feel as close to many of you that I do IRL friends. Started as a FF source but eventually became a community.
If I remember correctly you helped me find a sportsbar while I was in North Carolina for a seminar, a place I could watch football on Sundays. Am I mis-remembering?
Back in 2006ish

I was #345 or something on the old boards and around in the Cheatsheets Days. I was in a league way back when with a bunch of other old guys - Pigskin Syndicate/Leather Helmet League - Memphis Foundry may have been the commish? I seem to remember writing an article that got sent out on a DVD that came as a bonus with a spiral bound FBG package or something like that but it's possible that's a hallucination. I ran the FFA Album polls and year end music drafts as early as 2006 but they haven't got the same level of interest in recent years and I haven't been good at following up on them.

I was young when I joined, probably still a teenager trying to figure out how to beat my older brother in a friends and family league, which disintegrated years ago. I only have two leagues remaining, the music/FFA league that The Dreaded Marco referenced above and the 4-sport Uber league monstrosity which I share with JZilla. I'm 39 now, happily married for 12 years, no kids, great job, pretty good life overall.

The music threads have mostly been my home over the years, though I was always more of a music draft guy and now that the FFA has entered the era of the music list, I'm sadly less present. I'm still around on the baseball forums a lot though and in the Serious Business FFA dynasty baseball league, as well as the annual hockey/fantasy hockey leagues/pools/threads.

In person, I think I've only met Unialias and Steve Tasker (the poster, not the Special Teams legend), first at the 2016 Wayhome Music Festival and then the three of us did Bonnaroo last year and will be doing it again this year. Tasker has become an IRL friend, we've done a Bills game, night in Toronto, trip to Vermont, a handful of concerts etc...

Grateful for all these boards have provided in entertainment and camaraderie over the years

have met a good number of FBGs at this point. everyone just calls me "furley". :shrug:

Back in 2006ish
I don't think so. I live in Michigan. Happy to help you find a bar here though :wink:

Started here in 2005 - Transitioned from annual draft leagues to dynasty leagues. Last year was first year retired from FF. Retired from first job in 2014, then consulting company hired me in 2015 to lead an onshore/offshore team I put together for my previous job. Retired from it last year. Now starting a limited advisory role with some previous clients. Main focus now is golf, travel and grand kids. Two daughters with great careers. One graduated from U of Chicago Booth school of Business executive MBA program last year. Grandson excelling in select baseball and granddaughter excelling in dance looking at college dance teams for 2024. Downsized our home in 2019 on a golf course - almost paid for. One knee replaced. Still married to college sweetheart. Like @Joe Bryant inferred, this place always rallies around the members whether it is health or family issues, buying advice, vacation advice, personal internet polls or even helping new members find the test forum. Met a couple of members. Almost met a few others, including one travelling in Budapest same time as I. We tried to grab a drink but work schedules didn't quite work out. Back in the mid-80's I started putting together a FF league business concept but the technology wasn't ready yet (dial-up modems) so I enjoy and appreciate what this site provides.
Feels like we are writing Xmas letters!

Oy - been around since the Old Yellow board, and was on a few of the random "spin-offs," but always came back to the FFA. I first joined when I was in my early 20's - can't remember if I was in college at UVA or just out. Definitely before 2003, I think a few years before that. Most of my early posting was when I was a Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley, living in northwestern Virginia, and then my adventure as a small business cell phone store owner. I shared a lot of my crazy 20's on the board, including adventures with my stripper ex gf and probably way too much other stuff. I went dark for a period when I took a year off, got my pilot's license and then went to graduate school at Penn State in 2007.

Met my wife at Penn State, and moved to Princeton, New Jersey with her to start my next "career" in pharma working at Pfizer. Pfizer spun off Zoetis Animal Health in 2013, and I went with the spin and my career has been going well - I just moved into Investor Relations. Bought a house in central NJ in 2011, and are nearly finished with a full 1st floor remodel and bump-out. We had our son in 2014, and our daughter in 2017 - 2 kids - done now.

I'm 44 now - Despite the alias, I've never been fat. When I signed up, I was probably 5'10", 140 lbs. I'm just trying to make sure it stays that way now that my metabolism isn't what it used to be.

My posting ebbs and flows - I post more when things are slower - and go dark when I'm busy...but I'm always around, just maybe not as active. I have to post a few office pranks soon - I'm back with a group that is more active in the prank game.

i joined recently. i used to post under the name Kid Charlemagne.
I remember having dinner with Kid C and his wife and then going golfing with him the next day somewhere near the GA/LA state line to play with jplvr and tat who were of course late because they forgot about the time zone change.
I think that Tat drove over to Atlanta from Alabama for the in-person FBG FF League draft that I hosted.

have met a good number of FBGs at this point. everyone just calls me "furley". :shrug:
Okay, Mort.

Coming up on 20 years according to the profile. I joined under a different, similar name that was forced to change during the Dr. Andrew’s scandal of ‘08 (not the real year).

I’ve never been on social media so the boards are my version of internet friendom. I don’t post much because my job and my 7 and 11 year old keep me pretty busy. By the time I check into a thread, my thoughts have almost always been expressed in a far more eloquent way than i would be able to convey.

But the FFA is my homepage because it’s a community very similar in interest to me. I keep up on pop culture, music and current events (RIP politics). I’ve renovated a house with advice and connections from here (thanks @Otis @El Floppo, and @ChiefD) gardened (Comish?), BBQed (all y’all), played some chess and many, many rounds of video games with my fellow FBGs. I even sourced glasses for the last eclipse (looking at you Icon.) My wife refers to it as the “nerd board” and I tell my bosses at work that I’ll consult my “professional affiliates” when I ask for advice on professional or excel matters, of which I’ve received a ton. I’m happy that I’ve been able to help out a few fellow FBGs along the way as well.

I came for the football but have stayed for the colorful morons, of which I’m proud to be one. Mostly I just enjoy the personalities, entertainment and the camaraderie.

Last edited:
Furley here, lost the old handle in a World Cup gambling betting ring. Two kids, one wife, 8 cats, 0 sex. Things are rocking and rolling pretty good, have a nice cellar going. Plenty of solid vintages highlighted by an ‘08 Ruination from Stone. Currently looking at a Mazda CX-5 to haul the kid’s mascot gear around, she’s a honeycomb for the local school.

Hope you’re well gb. 🍻
Wait, legit Furley, or actual Gator?

I hear you on no sex. But 8 cats Wtf?
Yes

For serious, Gator here. I am very confident in my cat numbers for my man Furley though.

For me, I’ve got a 22yo and a 19yo. Both in college figuring out what they want to do. Family life is great, just making our way through this maze.

Cheers gb, glad you’re well. 🍻
it's been over 16 years since gears of war was released, good times.

Users who are viewing this thread