What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OnePlus Android Phone (1 Viewer)

Okay, I see the waterproof advantage and yes simply laying it on a pad blindly and it charging is easy.

I guess I'm just used to being able to use the phone even if plugged in and don't see that happening as easily if it's lying flat on a table. Also, I imagine you would have to purchase multiple charging mats or carry around a single one which further defeats the purpose. Seems to me a lot of people around here claim it's a deal breaker if a phone doesn't have it and the benefits aren't very evident to me vs the act of sticking a cord In a phone.

Very tempted to spring for this. I have a Nexus 4 that gets horrible battery life. I would love the Nexus 5, but I have not heard great things about its battery life either. My biggest concern is the size. Are you guys able to fit this in your front jeans pocket? How is it using one-handed? I am afraid this thing is going to be too big.

Very tempted to spring for this. I have a Nexus 4 that gets horrible battery life. I would love the Nexus 5, but I have not heard great things about its battery life either. My biggest concern is the size. Are you guys able to fit this in your front jeans pocket? How is it using one-handed? I am afraid this thing is going to be too big.
It fits in my pocket fine. It's pretty thin, which to me is more important for pants than it's length. (that's what I wish she said...)

You can tailor the OnePlus to one-handed use. The power and volume buttons are also nearly halfway down, which also is nice for smaller hands.

Refresh my memory. Does the One have wireless charging? Also, how much does it cost?
Does not. Nor does it have optical image stabilization. Those 2 reasons are why I went with the Nexus 5 over it, despite it outspeccing the N5 in pretty much every other department.
I keep seeing wireless charging talked about being this huge perk. I am not sure I see the huge benefit. What is that great about it?
Why the S5, with its awesome water-resistant-to-one-meter design, doesn't have wireless charging standard just baffles me. Instead you have this little plastic port cover that you have to pry open with your pinky nail.
The S5 is a Samsung. Why people buy that brand instead of an iPhone baffles me, because it's Android's version of an walled garden iPhone.

Also, everyone here also experiencing the annoying double space bar taking off the last letter if the sentence thing? doesn't always happen but happens enough to be really annoyin.

the moops said:
Also, everyone here also experiencing the annoying double space bar taking off the last letter if the sentence thing? doesn't always happen but happens enough to be really annoyin.
Drives me nuts. Can't figure it out.

Anyone have an invite? I'm tired of my iphone 5 and am not sure the 6 impressed me enough to keep me from trying something else.

That said, how do you guys handle texts through your laptop? Perhaps the thing that ties me in to apple most at this point is iMessage that let's me text with my wife and friends while working without having my phone out if my pocket.

Anyone have an invite? I'm tired of my iphone 5 and am not sure the 6 impressed me enough to keep me from trying something else.
You do not need an invite anymore... check the google for the new pre-order process.

That said, how do you guys handle texts through your laptop? Perhaps the thing that ties me in to apple most at this point is iMessage that let's me text with my wife and friends while working without having my phone out if my pocket.
I do it with Google Voice and Hangouts, but check out the PushBullet app... I think that is one of the big things it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaysus said:
Abraham said:
You do not need an invite anymore... check the google for the new pre-order process.
What if we don't want to wait 3 weeks for the next preorder?

Jaysus said:
Abraham said:

Abraham said:
I do it with Google Voice and Hangouts, but check out the PushBullet app... I think that is one of the big things it does.
Google Voice and Hangouts will only work if that is your main number (one of these days I may make the jump, if they get MMS figured out). I may check out PushBullet, but I currently use MightyText, which paired with the chrome extension allows you to text and receive texts within Gmail. I also have it on my tablet so I can text from there too.

I'm actually planning to sell mine on ebay. Love it, but I'm going back to a single device (kind of silly to carry and charge two), and my office only supports iPhone. It was a good run.

It is a tragedy that they are boondoggling this launch. My OnePlus is awesome...though I wish it didn't have GPS issues every now and then. Only real complaint.

I'm actually taking a hard look at this phone. Love the soft buttons below the screen, the thing I hate most about the N5 are those dumb buttons taking up screen real estate, who xh right nownis the only reason I haven't bought one yet.

http://m.wsj.com/articles/BL-268B-1217

"OnePlus One (Regularly $299 without contract)

No, you cant get the unlocked OnePlus One for any less on Fridaythe hard-to-find phone is already one of the best values there is. But you can actually get it. While the phone is usually offered only via invite, on Friday the company will hold a three-day sale."

Refresh my memory. Does the One have wireless charging? Also, how much does it cost?
Does not. Nor does it have optical image stabilization. Those 2 reasons are why I went with the Nexus 5 over it, despite it outspeccing the N5 in pretty much every other department.
I keep seeing wireless charging talked about being this huge perk. I am not sure I see the huge benefit. What is that great about it?
Why the S5, with its awesome water-resistant-to-one-meter design, doesn't have wireless charging standard just baffles me. Instead you have this little plastic port cover that you have to pry open with your pinky nail.
The S5 is a Samsung.
Thanks for the heads up there, Wozniak.

Still like it, but I'm easy to please. I don't think you can find better cheaper. I'm sure you can find better if you're willing to spend.
Been reading up on recent articles, reviews etc...I think I'm gonna go ahead and get one, even though the OnePlus 2 is rumored to be coming in April.Haven't looked at cases/protectors yet...I assume there are good ones available.

What's the consensus on this phone these days? My Galaxy S3 is about done and I'm ready to jump ship.
Keep an eye out for the Asus ZenPhone 2 to be released next month... I am thinking about jumping on that when it is released.

What's the consensus on this phone these days? My Galaxy S3 is about done and I'm ready to jump ship.
Keep an eye out for the Asus ZenPhone 2 to be released next month... I am thinking about jumping on that when it is released.
Hmmmmm....taking a good hard look at this. $300 for the 32MB version would be hard to pass up.http://www.phonearena.com/news/Asus-outs-a-new-Zenfone-2-promo-video-enlists-a-64-GB-storage-version-too_id67192

Looking at the Asus, I see the volume buttons are on the back and power button on the top. Ugh...not a fan at all.

I also like Cyanogen better than Lollipop with the Zen UI on the Asus.

Will do more research, but I'm thinking my next phone will be one of these, and I'm leaning OnePlus at the moment.

Looking at the Asus, I see the volume buttons are on the back and power button on the top. Ugh...not a fan at all.

Will do more research, but I'm thinking my next phone will be one of these, and I'm leaning OnePlus at the moment.
For what it is worth.... Cyanogen and Oneplus are breaking up... they will have their own ROM soon.

For what it is worth.... Cyanogen and Oneplus are breaking up... they will have their own ROM soon.
Yeah, Oxygen...but I can always root and stick with CM. In wish I could check them both out in person before buying...but either phone is well worth the price tag.

Yeah, Oxygen...but I can always root and stick with CM. In wish I could check them both out in person before buying...but either phone is well worth the price tag.
This Asus phone looks really great. Granted the buttons are not the best placed, but having a 64-bit processor and an extra GB of RAM for the same price, with a more reputable manufacturer no less, makes it a no-brainer over the nearly year old One Plus One IMO.

The x86 processor creates a bit of uncertainty around the battery life, custom ROMing, etc., but it also might open up the device to other potential applications that aren't readily available for ARM-based processor devices.

This Asus phone looks really great. Granted the buttons are not the best placed, but having a 64-bit processor and an extra GB of RAM for the same price, with a more reputable manufacturer no less, makes it a no-brainer over the nearly year old One Plus One IMO.The x86 processor creates a bit of uncertainty around the battery life, custom ROMing, etc., but it also might open up the device to other potential applications that aren't readily available for ARM-based processor devices.
Right...but my line of thinking is if I go with the OnePlus and I like the phone, I can upgrade to the OnePlus 2 when it comes out and the resale value on the One should cover a good chunk of the cost....and I've had my GS3 for 2.5 years now, so having a phone that's a year old isn't a big deal to me, as I run Custom ROMs so my phone still feels current.The fact that the OPO is made by a previously unknown manufacturer, and after a year on the market the phone is still getting stellar reviews is good enough for me to not worry much about the quality, and we know the battery life is insane.

I DO wonder about customer service, its something I haven't heard much about yet.

Again, I'm still up in the air, but I'm kind of wanting something now, and the Asus US release date it still not set in stone. Decisions, decisions...

What did you go with Wingnut? I dropped my N4 and shattered the glass tonight, looking at the OnePlus1 or Zenfone2. It looks like the OP2 is still a few weeks/month away and I don't think I can wait that long.

chauncey said:
What did you go with Wingnut? I dropped my N4 and shattered the glass tonight, looking at the OnePlus1 or Zenfone2. It looks like the OP2 is still a few weeks/month away and I don't think I can wait that long.
I've held off, saw too many mixed reviews for both, and I really like to play with a phone in person before buying. I'm actually thinking about 5 or 6 different options, I just dont know, man. I want something I can put a custom ROM on or that runs pure Android out of the box.

I'm not on the market for one, but just got an invite for a OnePlus 2. If anyone wants one, first taker:

DELETED

Looks like a really nice phone

ETA: Sorry all, looks like it doesn't work.

Walking Boot said:
Just got an invite for the 2 as well. Available to anyone who wants it, first pm gets it.

Still have the 1. But I'm not as enamored with cyanogenmod as I once was. Might have to flash a new os without all the bs. Although none are perfect. The little annoyances drive me crazy. I have no idea why designers make the decisions they do sometimes.
OnePlus Two doesn't have Cyanogenmod. It's a custom OS that is getting so-so reviews because the OP2 is pretty much a beta test for it.

Users who are viewing this thread