What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Owens going forward (1 Viewer)

Let's talk about Terrell Owens for the rest of the season.

Obviously, his stats were bad to marginal the first 3 weeks, then he went bang last Sunday. Which leaves us with two schools of thought - A) he's back/Palmer and him have gelled or B) he's still got the ability to post the odd big game, but more often then not, he will disappoint. (due to his own declining ability and/or Palmer's inability to get him the ball).

Last year, we saw 1 game where he went something like 9/196/1, followed by a 5/96/1, but that was it. Granted, it was as a member of the Buffalo Bills "offense", which provides almost no opportunity.

My own thoughts are leaning towards choice B - that his situation will not allow for many big games, and his days as a consistent fantasy WR are over. However, FBG's top 250 forward seems to think QUITE highly of his prospects from here on out.

What do you folks think?

T.O. is second in the league in targets...can't imagine why you think he is "done." Any inconsistency is directly a function of Carson Palmer's issues, as well as how the opposing defenses choose to cover T.O. vs. Chad.

T.O. is second in the league in targets...can't imagine why you think he is "done." Any inconsistency is directly a function of Carson Palmer's issues, as well as how the opposing defenses choose to cover T.O. vs. Chad.
Agree that the target numbers push me into the optimistic category.

I agree- his marginal to bad games have been a function of Palmers poor play for the most part. Of the two game I have watched closedly, TO was open or getting open constantly, but Palmer was throwing uncatchable balls. I thought TO was done this year, but I am impressed with what he has shown.. So going forward, you might be right- maybe he isn't consistent, but that will be on Palmer not T.O. in my opinion.

The Browns doubled #85 last week and won. I think more teams may try it. I also think this might have been a bit of a light-comes-on game for the Palmer to TO connection; I don't expect anything close to those numbers again this season, nor do I think Palmer will be that reliable, but it gave them an opportunity to get in sync in a real game situation, the first heavy-passing game of the year that wasn't a total blowout. I like TO to get into the end zone with a bit more regularity from here out, and Palmer to hit him on a few more of those passes that were going astray in the earlier games. In redraft, I think he's a hold, unless someone's really nuts about last week's numbers.

Let's talk about Terrell Owens for the rest of the season.Obviously, his stats were bad to marginal the first 3 weeks, then he went bang last Sunday. Which leaves us with two schools of thought - A) he's back/Palmer and him have gelled or B) he's still got the ability to post the odd big game, but more often then not, he will disappoint. (due to his own declining ability and/or Palmer's inability to get him the ball).Last year, we saw 1 game where he went something like 9/196/1, followed by a 5/96/1, but that was it. Granted, it was as a member of the Buffalo Bills "offense", which provides almost no opportunity.My own thoughts are leaning towards choice B - that his situation will not allow for many big games, and his days as a consistent fantasy WR are over. However, FBG's top 250 forward seems to think QUITE highly of his prospects from here on out.What do you folks think?

Didn't the corner covering him fall down leaving Moss literally wide open for a 70+yard TD? He still had a monster day even without that though. I don't feel like either of them can be counted on. Remember Ocho had that massive 150-yard game in the first week. Nothing since then.

Didn't the corner covering him fall down leaving Moss literally wide open for a 70+yard TD? He still had a monster day even without that though. I don't feel like either of them can be counted on. Remember Ocho had that massive 150-yard game in the first week. Nothing since then.
TO outmuscled him in full stride while the ball was in the air. He fell down yes but not like a busted coverage or anything.

TO's numbers last year were pretty amazing - 55/830/6TTD - considering he played for a team with all those issues and a QB with a noodle arm. TO's lost some speed, but the guy runs excellent routes, has great awareness/has a very high football IQ, is very physical, and is hard to bring down. He'll always be a red zone threat. Stays in great shape, and his insane ego/love of the game will push him to (try to) stay on top. If there is a guy who has a decent shot at playing until he's 40, TO's it.

All the reports I've heard have been that he's played well this year.. good after the catch ability.. it's Palmer who is misfiring [too many uncatchable balls] despite the insane targets TO's getting. So Palmer would be my biggest concern.. and well, TO could use better hands (but we know that already).

I expected about 65/1000/8 this year (and hoped for more). He's currently the 22nd WR in my scoring. He's in a good offense (potentially).

Going forward: I would guess more TD's but far less yards than the [1500] he's on pace for. He'll be inconsistent because of Palmer and opp defensive philosophy. I would conservatively rate him as a high WR3 most weeks because he's always a threat to score. I would think 75/1100/6 would be fair expectations at this point.

Palmer sucks but TO is getting targets. He'll have many bad weeks but he'll erupt again. He's an ideal #3 wr.
Not calling you out, but it would be interesting to know how many #3WRs have been so high in targets. I see him being a #2 from here on out, but I own him...so wishful thinking.

Taget wise he's a #1 wr. I won't be surprised if some weeks he doesn't get a ton of looks and they instead run the ball a bunch and/or throw to Ocho.

I'm looking to sell TO but if I can't find a solid deal I'm content rolling him out each week.

Ever Present Lurker said:
Let's talk about Terrell Owens for the rest of the season.
Why, does he have laryngitis?Seriously though, I think given the targets he's been receiving, he's in for a fairly good year. Last week he finally converted the targets into production. I think that continues.

It is easy Owens will have 2-4 games of 4-54 and then have a huge game every 4 weeks. That is who he is now and has been for about the last 2 years now. At least that is how I drafted him this year.

TO is still The Truth.

Guy is a stud. And he showed it again last week. He is getting a sick amount of targets, and can still out physical any corner in the league.

A massive steal for the Bengals and in a few of my free-agent drafts this off-season :)

Users who are viewing this thread