What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers/Raiders MNF Thread (1 Viewer)

15 for 17, 311 yards and 4 TDs. WOWHe's already broken his career record for yards in a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot of the national media - Madden in particular - take a lot of heat for all of the Favre love they show throughout the season, but this is one game where there simply aren't enough superlatives to use when discussing what Favre is doing out there. This is guts, heart, character, talent and so much more rolled into one. We're watching a legend in action.

I know a lot of the national media - Madden in particular - take a lot of heat for all of the Favre love they show throughout the season, but this is one game where there simply aren't enough superlatives to use when discussing what Favre is doing out there. This is guts, heart, character, talent and so much more rolled into one. We're watching a legend in action.
And a classic in the making.

All those folks needed a big game from Green must be barfing up doggie chunks. Even when GB gets into the red zone Farve steals the show.Incredible performance.

Farve.......Farve..........Farve.....duh duh duh duh duh duh :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :shock: :shock: :shock: GO FOR 600 and 8 TDS BABY!!!!!!!!

311 AND 4 TDS!!! in 1 half?!?!?!?!Brett, God Bless ya!Now Brett is just embarrassing and humiliating both the Raiders and the guy that im playing in the Fantasy Bowl.2003 AAFFL Champions

One word: WOWWOW WOWWOW :yes:

I know a lot of the national media - Madden in particular - take a lot of heat for all of the Favre love they show throughout the season, but this is one game where there simply aren't enough superlatives to use when discussing what Favre is doing out there. This is guts, heart, character, talent and so much more rolled into one.  We're watching a legend in action.
One word: WOWWOW WOWWOW :yes:
That's 4 words.

Is it time to start talking NFL record for passing in a single game? Okay historians, my memory is failing me...was it Y.A. Tittle with something like 503 yards?

Watch out Green owners 2nd half is Ahman Time! prediction - 115 yds and a score for Green in 2nd half!
I hope you're wrong. If the Pack go up by more than 30, might not Sherman let Davenport and Fisher carry the ball the rest of the way?

Amazing, simply amazing. What I've noticed as well though is his teammates reaction to him after a play. Everyone on the Packers offence seems to be playing on another level. Then after a TD or a big play the hugs and congratulations he's getting from the players and coaches are something I haven't seen in an NFL game. Maybe I'm reading too much into this because of the situation, but everyone seems so inspired both for and by Brett.After seeing some of the shots of Favre on the sidelines and the plays being made, I've been choked up a couple times, as well.Brett Favre is the man - :thumbup:

Who's Brett Farve?

I'm stunned at how many football "fans" still can't spell the guy's name correctly.

Is it time to start talking NFL record for passing in a single game? Okay historians, my memory is failing me...was it Y.A. Tittle with something like 503 yards?
I think it's Norm Van Brocklin.

All those folks needed a big game from Green must be barfing up doggie chunks. Even when GB gets into the red zone Farve steals the show.Incredible performance.
Excuse me. Some of those chunks are mine....

I think it's Norm Van Brocklin.
Most Yards Gained, Game 554 Norm Van Brocklin, Los Angeles vs. N.Y. Yanks, Sept. 28, 1951 527 Warren Moon, Houston vs. Kansas City, Dec. 16, 1990 522 Boomer Esiason, Arizona vs. Washington, Nov. 10, 1996

Most Yards Gained, Game

554 Norm Van Brocklin, Los Angeles vs. N.Y. Yanks, Sept. 28, 1951

527 Warren Moon, Houston vs. Kansas City, Dec. 16, 1990

522 Boomer Esiason, Arizona vs. Washington, Nov. 10, 1996
Most Touchdown Passes, Game 7

Sid Luckman, Chi. Bears vs. N.Y. Giants, Nov. 14, 1943

Adrian Burk, Philadelphia vs. Washington, Oct. 17, 1954

George Blanda, Houston vs. N.Y. Titans, Nov. 19, 1961

Y.A. Tittle, N.Y. Giants vs. Washington, Oct. 28, 1962

Joe Kapp, Minnesota vs. Baltimore, Sept. 28, 1969

6 By many players. Last time:

Mark Rypien, Washington vs. Atlanta, Nov. 10, 1991

Favre's career high for TD's in a game is 5 and passing yards is 402. ***I'm relying on memory here.***

Favre has thrown a complete pass to 10 different receivers tonight.

It could easily be 11 since Ahman Green has yet to catch one.

Brett better get an ovation from this crowd, even if they are Raiders fans.I think I know what I'm saying. :wacko:

I have no idea why Favre and Green are still in this long-decided game, but a lot Green owners have to be REALLY happy right now.

This was a performance like when Willis Reed came on the floor for the Knicks to win the title. People will remember this game for along time. Kids 10 years old tonight will tell there grandkids about Favre's game the day after his dad died.

Users who are viewing this thread