What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pariah - MOCK 1 - May 24th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moulds vs Coles - tough one, just took one and pariahed the other.Coles back in NY should be gold. Moulds with an unproven qb ? not so sure. Isn't this moulds "bad" every other year anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
datonn squad with grades:QB Ron Mexico 3.05 = BRB Jamal Lewis 1.05 = ARB DeShaun Foster 5.05 = C- (darned Colin via C. Brown/Barlow)WR Chad Johnson 2.06 = B+TE Todd Heap 4.06 = BOverall GPA: 3.0 (B)I'm in trouble at RB2 at the moment, and Mr. Mexico makes me a bit nervous at QB. However, I'll wait until I've got a roster to look at before I declare my draft strategy a "boom" or "bust". :popcorn:

Datonn,VBD has everything to do with it. It lowers the players value beneath your selection, which creates the larger gap in VBD.For example: Let's just throw out numbers.LT2= VBD of 300SA= VBD of 280Edge=VBD of 267Deuce M etc..My me Pariahing (I'm making this word into adjetives, adverbs,nouns, verbs..I love it) S. Alexander, instead of the VBD of 20 from the next player.......I'm actually creating a gap of 33 to the next available player. Plus, if the next person Pariah's (which Jason did) there's a domino effect. So by the time it gets to the end of the first round........I have LT2 with a VBD of 300 and the 10th person or 12 person depending upon league size may have a 1st round pick with a VBD total of 180. I really do feel like the 1st pick is a big advantage.

Moulds vs Coles - tough one, just took one and pariahed the other.

Coles back in NY should be gold. Moulds with an unproven qb ? not so sure. Isn't this moulds "bad" every other year anyway?
Just giving you a hard time......flip a coin. If you like Losman.....maybe you like Moulds more.

I'm on my way home from work (about an hour)

If this doesn't pick up again tonight, I will need a replacement for tomorrow as I'll be out of the office doing actual work.
Broady way on the clock. anyone wanna pick for him? said he'll be out of the office today.

Mock 2 is off to a fine start...

1.01 - Shaun Alexander

Pariah: Peyton Manning :eek:   interesting strategery.
Can you say gift to owner No.2, who should take Lt2 and Pariah.....Culpepper to even the playing field.
He took LT2 and Pariah Randy Moss
I went and looked......I didn't like that move. I thought if he Pariahed Culpepper, that he'd have Lt2......and nobody would have a real advantage at QB with Manning already Pariahed and Culpepper if he would have did it. He blew it.

1.01 - Shaun Alexander

Can you say gift to owner No.2, who should take Lt2 and Pariah.....Culpepper to even the playing field.
I went and looked......I didn't like that move. I thought if he Pariahed Culpepper, that he'd have Lt2......and nobody would have a real advantage at QB with Manning already Pariahed and Culpepper if he would have did it. He blew it.
Bro, we're all learning here. :lmao:

Datonn,VBD has everything to do with it. It lowers the players beneath your selection, which creates the larger gap in VBD.For example: Let's just throw out numbers.LT2= VBD of 300SA= VBD of 280Edge=VBD of 267Deuce M etc..My me Pariahing (I'm making this word into adjetives, adverbs,nouns, verbs..I love it) S. Alexander, instead of the VBD of 20 from the next player.......I'm actually creating a gap of 33 to the next available player. Plus, if the next person Pariah's (which Jason did) there's a domino effect. So by the time it gets to the end of the first round........I have LT2 with a VBD of 300 and the 10th person or 12 person depending upon league size may have a 1st round pick with a VBD total of 180. I really do feel like the 1st pick is a big advantage.
Yeah, I definitely see your point with the way this draft played out. In a ten-team league with Pariahs, the 1.01, 2.10 and 3.01 slots are a VERY nice position to be in...as the RB run is accelerated by 1-2 rounds. I guess maybe part of my "issue" though is that I didn't want to short myself at 2.06 and 3.05...and wanted the added flexibility of "screwing" a few folks who forgot about positions such as QB or TE and were standing on the edge of a MAJOR plateau/cliff in rounds 3-6. Missing Chris Brown in the 3rd hurt...a lot, and if even one more team would't have used their pariah in rounds 1-2, I could be sitting with a much different team.Anyway, I'd want to try a few more draft strategy variables under this format before I cast my vote related to one strategy or another.

1.01 - Shaun Alexander

I know, totally kidding around...who's to say I was right. Anyway...........I have Pmed Bfred to take over the afternoon shift for FredWouldBeACowboyInBoston......if he can't make it, someone will have to select. If they do.....I can't imagine what our new name will result in.

Mock 2 is off to a fine start...1.01 - Shaun Alexander Pariah: Peyton Manning :eek: interesting strategery.
Interesting. If anything, using a Pariah on Culpepper at 1.02 might have caused a few of the subsequent owners to get a little "jumpy" at QB.....although I'm not entirely sure that Culpepper deserves to clearly go at QB2 this season with crap at offensive coordinator, a more conservative game plan, a MUCH better defense and no Moss. Maybe that's what the guy was thinking at 1.02?! Although I'm not sure about the Moss Pariah either way......Edited to add: LT at anything lower than 1.01 is a serious gift in FFL this season IMHO. :popcorn:

1.01 - Shaun Alexander

I know, totally kidding around...who's to say I was right. Anyway...........I have Pmed Bfred to take over the afternoon shift for FredWouldBeACowboyInBoston......if he can't make it, someone will have to select. If they do.....I can't imagine what our new name will result in.
Iwannabebackinthismock

Edited to add: LT at anything lower than 1.01 is a serious gift in FFL this season IMHO. :popcorn:
Since I'm the guy who drafted SA in the other mock, I feel obligated to defend myself here...Last 3 years average:

LT: 2100 total yards, 17 TDs

SA: 1750 total yards, 18 TDs

Sorry, but I don't see a big enough difference there to say that SA going ahead of LT is a "serious gift" to the guy picking 2nd?

What's different from last year to this year?

I don't know everything, but here's some things I do know:

1) Alexander could very well be working on a 1-year contract this year -- which means to me that he will be playing his heart out.

2) LT missed lots of time from games last year and seemed routinely nicked up. While filling in for him, their backup (can't remember his name now) did VERY WELL. The Chargers also added Darren Sproles through the draft who has been "Wowing" people in camp so far. Drew Brees I think has said that they are definitely going to find a way to work Sproles into games. Now, I'm not seriously worried about LT losing time to the shrimp, BUT I certainly don't think that LT is going to get any more carries this year than last and I think there is reason to believe that he could get a few less..

I think one place where IWBACB and I disagree on strategy is when to use the pariahs. I'm sure he would like it if I hadn't used both pariahs at the 2/3 turn, and I'd sure like to have the ability to use them on my next turn, but I think the biggest difference in strategy is that he's trying to increase the VBD of his recent selections by cutting out good players at the same position, while I'm trying to cause runs and get value at later picks at the same position. To me, drafting LT and pariahing a running back mildly increased LTs value, but also cut one more back out of the pool when we picked again at the turn. So any benefit we gained was offset somewhat by what we lost with our later pick at the same position. The same thing happened here, when we took two WRs and pariahed a third - but still need to draft one more later. That just cut back our own supply. On the other hand, I thought it was a great move for the guys who drafted Gates and Manning to pariah the heck out of TEs and QBs, respectively. Drafting all of your starters at a position and then pariahing as many players at that position as possible cuts off the value at that position and hurts everyone else. If I were Blue Peep at the bottom of the first, I'd have taken my two favorite backs at that spot and pariahed two more because I'm done picking running backs and everyone else isn't. That's good for me, and really bad for the guy who took Manning in the first. Now, I'm not saying I disagree with what IWBACB did. If you feel you're at the bottom of a tier, and there's only going to be one more player in that tier, then you can choke off supply of players in that tier, which is a good thing. And I think that's what he did when he pariahed Alexander and Steve Smith. I'm just saying I'd prefer to have all my players at that position before using the pariah, and if I didn't, I'd better be confident that I can get a quality player at that position when it next comes time for me to pick one.

If I were Blue Peep at the bottom of the first, I'd have taken my two favorite backs at that spot and pariahed two more because I'm done picking running backs and everyone else isn't. That's good for me, and really bad for the guy who took Manning in the first.
I thought of that but, being the RB whore I am and the fact that it's a Flex league I wanted more RB options myself at the next bend... So, Next round I pariahed 2 RBs and grabbed 1 more... The fact that it was 10 team and peopel Pariahed mid level QB's allowed some people to luckily still get RB's when I think they should have been locked out of RB's and will be in a 12 teamer.

1.1. IWannaBeBostonfred - LT2 (P: S.Alexander)1.2. Wood - Edgerrin James (P:Deuce McAllister)1.3. Elway - McGahee P:HOlmes1.4. Colin - Manning P:CUlpepper1.5. datonn - Jamal Lewis1.6. Hitmen - Clinton Portis1.7.Bicycle Seat Sniffers - Rudi Johnson P:C.Dillon1.8. Broadway - K.Jones P:Tiki Barber1.9. Jackal - Moss P: Owens1.10. Blue Peep: Dom Davis2.1 Blue Peep: S.Jackson2.2. Jackal - Julius Jones P: Tatum Bell2.03 Broadway - Antonio Gates P:Tony Gonzalez2.04 Sniffers - Ahman Green2.05 Hitmen - Curtis Martin2.06 datonn - Chad Johnson2.07 COlin - Torry Holt P: Donovan McNabb2.08 Elway - Marc Bulger P: Kerry COllins2.09 Wood - LaMont Jordan P: B. Westbrook2.10 IWannaBeBostonfred - Trent Green P: Brett Favre3.01 IWannaBeBostonfred - Cadillac Williams P: Matt Hasselbeck3.02 Wood - Jake PLummer P: Aaron Brooks3.03 Elway - Marvin Harrison P:Javon Walker3.04 Colin - Chris Brown3.05 datonn - Ron Mexico3.06 Hitmen - Joe Horn P: Reggie Wayne3.07 Sniffer -Carson Palmer P: Drew Brees3.08 Broadway - Tom Brady P: J. Witten3.09 Jackal - Mike Bennett3.10 Blue Peep- Steve McNair P:W.Dunn4.01 Blue Peep - Cedric Benson P:R.Brown4.02 Jackal -Chad Pennington P: Leftwich4.03 Broadway - Duce Staley P: Shockey4.04 Sniffer - Jake Delhomme P: Griese4.05 Hitmen - Andre Johnson P: H. Ward4.06 datonn -Todd Heap P: Crumpler4.07 Colin - JJ Arrington 4.08 elwayfan - Fred Taylor4.09 Wood - Darrell Jackson 4.10 IWannaBeBostonfred - Michael Clayton5.01 IWannaBeBostonfred - Roy Williams P: Steve Smith5.02 Wood - Nate Burleson P: Donald Driver5.03 Elway - Anquan Boldin P: D.Bennett5.04 Colin - Kevan Barlow5.05 Datonn - Deshaun Foster P: McMichael5.06 Hitmen - David Carr P: Roethlisberger5.07 Sniffer - Coles P:Moulds5.08 Broadway - Derrick Mason5.09 Jackal - Lee Evans 5.10 - Blue Peep - OTC

LOL....I was choosing between he and another RB for you. I had the other RB posted for about 2 seconds before you showed up.Colin

man this is confusing, not knowing who is gone and all. then isee mock 2 crap in here. what a mess.

Is Jackal keeping his Lee Evans Pick?If that's his 5.09 pick I may want to adjust ; )

5.01 IWannaBeBostonfred - Roy Williams P: Steve Smith5.02 Wood - Nate Burleson P: Donald Driver5.03 Elway - Anquan Boldin P: D.Bennett5.04 Colin - Kevan Barlow5.05 Datonn - Deshaun Foster P: McMichael5.06 Hitmen - David Carr P: Roethlisberger5.07 Sniffer - Coles P:Moulds5.08 Broadway - Derrick Mason5.09 Jackal - Lee Evans 5.10 - Blue Peep - Chris Chambers P:Mushin6.01 - Blue Peep - Larry Fitzgerald P:Ike Hillard6.02 - Jackal - Eric Shelton6.03 - Broadway - Plaxico Burress6.04 - OTC

Is Jackal keeping his Lee Evans Pick?

If that's his 3.09 pick I may want to adjust ; )
Yes, lets keep it going. I am sorry ot have had to pick for him, but its a solid selection and represents a "decent pick" for the purposes of this mock.Colin

Seems Jimmy Smith is available in every 6th round draft im in.

I'll take him here too.

6.04 - Jimmy Smith - wr

5.01 IWannaBeBostonfred - Roy Williams P: Steve Smith

5.02 Wood - Nate Burleson P: Donald Driver

5.03 Elway - Anquan Boldin P: D.Bennett

5.04 Colin - Kevan Barlow

5.05 Datonn - Deshaun Foster P: McMichael

5.06 Hitmen - David Carr P: Roethlisberger

5.07 Sniffer - Coles P:Moulds

5.08 Broadway - Derrick Mason

5.09 Jackal - Lee Evans

5.10 - Blue Peep - Chris Chambers P:Mushin

6.01 - Blue Peep - Larry Fitzgerald P:Ike Hillard

6.02 - Jackal - Eric Shelton P: Larry Johnson

6.03 - Broadway - Plaxico Burress

6.04 - OTC
FYI...Jackal Pariah'd Larry Johnson with this pick

Note: I Pariahed Issac Bruce not Hilliard

5.01 IWannaBeBostonfred - Roy Williams P: Steve Smith

5.02 Wood - Nate Burleson P: Donald Driver

5.03 Elway - Anquan Boldin P: D.Bennett

5.04 Colin - Kevan Barlow

5.05 Datonn - Deshaun Foster P: McMichael

5.06 Hitmen - David Carr P: Roethlisberger

5.07 Sniffer - Coles P:Moulds

5.08 Broadway - Derrick Mason

5.09 Jackal - Lee Evans

5.10 - Blue Peep - Chris Chambers P:Mushin

6.01 - Blue Peep - Larry Fitzgerald P:Issac Bruce

6.02 - Jackal - Eric Shelton P: Larry Johnson

6.03 - Broadway - Plaxico Burress

6.04 - OTC

Actually, don't I have the 6.06? I got burned on that one two rounds ago when I tried to pick at 4.05 instead of 4.06. :shrug:

Actually, don't I have the 6.06? I got burned on that one two rounds ago when I tried to pick at 4.05 instead of 4.06. :shrug:
You are probably right. Did I take Colin's pick? I think I am getting too confused.Colin, if you want the pick disregard that ad move me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread